Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old February 12th, 2013 (09:40 AM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
True. It first seemed Dialga/Palkia seem completely alien, but now, they are both some of my favorite Pokemon (Samurott and Black Kyurem as well) ill get used to it, it's just gonna take awhile unless they start producing some darker Pokemon. (dragon type plzzzzzz)
If by "darker" you mean Hydreigon-esque looking Pokemon, then I wouldn't mind. XD

go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPM
Old February 12th, 2013 (09:40 AM).
Twilight-kun
Pokémon World Champion - 2015-16

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
it's not a Normal type, Eevee is the Normal type of the Evveelution family

my guess is either Flying or Fighting, that, and the colors are similar to Skyla

Looks like a Milotic/Mienshao got merged with an Eevee
Old February 12th, 2013 (09:45 AM). Edited February 12th, 2013 by PrimalDialgasaur.
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Nature: Adamant
I agree, I was just furious because that pokemon's art looks SO bad... I know EEVEE evolutions are mainly cutsy, but that just took it too far for me. I shouldn't have thrown up with rage on the forum, sorry about that. I'll get used to it...maybe... Froakie still isn't appealing, like I said, the evolutions is a make or break for me. I love Fennekin (hoping for a new Ninetales-type) and chespin would be awesome if it evolved into a giant hedgehog thing. It just depends until they release more info.

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
If by "darker" you mean Hydreigon-esque looking Pokemon, then I wouldn't mind. XD
That, Haxorus, or Kyurem like would be AMAZING. (Like I said, Dragon!)
Old February 12th, 2013 (09:50 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
I thought I'd compile some of the main arguments about it's type I've seen being tossed around:

Flying-type
  • Lightest Eeveelution
  • Ribbons look as if they're being blown by the wind
  • Ribbons and eyes look like aviator scarves and goggles
  • The move it is using in the screenshot looks like it features leaves or feathers (although as mentioned by Amanchu this might just be the evolution screen)
  • May not actually be able to fly (though it has rather large ears...) but may be Flying-type as it may possess the ability to manipulate/control the wind (as sort of seen in the screenshot of it using a move, if it's actually using a move)
Here's another Flying-type Theory to add to the list for Ninfia: The bows and long ribbons can echo that of a kite's tail, which is used to help keep the kite at balance when in the air. I thought that was a pretty interesting theory to back up Ninfia being a Flying type while I was browsing tumblr.
Old February 12th, 2013 (09:50 AM).
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Nature: Adamant
That, Haxorus, or Kyurem like would be AMAZING. (Like I said, Dragon!)
Old February 12th, 2013 (09:55 AM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by PrimalDialgasaur:
I agree, I was just furious because that pokemon's art looks SO bad... I know EEVEE evolutions are mainly cutsy, but that just took it too far for me. I shouldn't have thrown up with rage on the forum, sorry about that. I'll get used to it...maybe... Froakie still isn't appealing, like I said, the evolutions is a make or break for me. I love Fennekin (hoping for a new Ninetales-type) and chespin would be awesome if it evolved into a giant hedgehog thing. It just depends until they release more info.
It's fine, really! Everyone has a different opinion about things, and sometimes we aren't pleased with what we see sometimes, because all have set standards and expectations of what we'd like to see in the future Pokemon~! It's expected really to be honest. n__n; You shouldn't feel bad for it or anything.

That said though, I might as well go on the flying-type boat. As much as part of me wants to say Dragon, there's really nothing except the fangs that really support this, and the fangs could really mean anything, even an aesthetic kind of thing thrown for the heck of it. There seems to be a bunch of evidence just from it's body that it's possibly a pure flying type. @_@

VMPM
Old February 12th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
Sirius
Wrong Thread.

Nature: Hardy
I'm going to laugh if it turns out to either be a new type completely, or something completely unexpected like Dragon. XD
I honestly want that more than anything. The introduction of new types would allow for more diverse designs of new pokemon instead of them eventually running out of ideas and having to rehash yet another "fire dog" or "water fish" and so on. Sure there's a lot of options of animals that haven't been Pokefied, so to speak, but how much real variety can they make them with them goign to become the same usual typings and most likely just be how Ganondorf is to Capt Falcon in Melee.

Old February 12th, 2013 (10:14 AM).
Esper

Quote originally posted by Sirius:
The introduction of new types would allow for more diverse designs of new pokemon instead of them eventually running out of ideas and having to rehash yet another "fire dog" or "water fish" and so on.
Would it, though? If we did get a new type I would think we'd be just as likely to get Pokemon that we'd take a look at and say "Well, that doesn't look like a Light-type. It looks more like a Fire-type!" But of course it would come down to how well they're designed. I think there is plenty of room for new Pokemon that aren't more "water fish" and so on. Some people want more water fish though. You know we're gonna have another Pikachu clone because people want that. That's just a decision that they make when coming up with new designs.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 12th, 2013 (10:16 AM).
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
I hope that this is a female and maybe there will be a male counterpart? It's a little bit too girly, even for an eeveelution. I'm a bit disappointed, but I still like it.
Old February 12th, 2013 (10:32 AM).
Dakotah
Author

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotah
I like the new eeveelution. But then, I like them all. I don't even care what type it is. Eevee and its evolutions have always been a favourite of mine.

Dark-Type Safari

Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
Old February 12th, 2013 (10:40 AM).
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Pokestick, good times.:
First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.
Espeon and Umbreon looked immediately natural to me. The Pokémon I thought looked odd back when I first played GSC was Cyndaquil, but I didn't think it was ugly.

Ninfia, however, looks way too different from the other eeveelutions. At first I thought it was a standalone Pokémon. It doesn't help that it looks the most girly of them either.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old February 12th, 2013 (10:53 AM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Sirius:
I honestly want that more than anything. The introduction of new types would allow for more diverse designs of new pokemon instead of them eventually running out of ideas and having to rehash yet another "fire dog" or "water fish" and so on. Sure there's a lot of options of animals that haven't been Pokefied, so to speak, but how much real variety can they make them with them goign to become the same usual typings and most likely just be how Ganondorf is to Capt Falcon in Melee.
The only issue I have with new types is that I'm really worried about how it'll affect competitive battling as a whole. u_u See, I'm a competitive battling junkie kind of person, so if adding a new types throws things off-balance, it's going to bother me a fair bit, though it wouldn't kill if something new were to be added, it's just whether it's really necessary or not. .___. I think people would adapt fairly easily to a new type, I guess?

VMPM
Old February 12th, 2013 (11:10 AM).
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
I have a feeling that the "Ninf" in Ninfia comes from the word feminine.

It would be cool to have a male counterpart named Linmia (Masculine).
Old February 12th, 2013 (11:30 AM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
The name sounds like it's based off the word "nymph", to me. Since we already have a grass, water and dark type Eevee and this certainly doesn't look like a ground-type, I think it will be based off celestial nymphs, which mostly represented stars and light.

I personally think it will be a Light-type. One could say it's designs are similar to Skyla and stuff and would argue that it will be Flying-type, but the blue/red could also be references to the Red and Blue ends of the light spectrum.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old February 12th, 2013 (11:32 AM).
Moist
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
Does anyone notice Ninfia doesn't have "Eon" at the end of it's name?

I change my mind about it being Flying or Normal, because in Corocoro they said it's type is a secret, which could mean that is a new type, and I am so hoping that new type is "Light".

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old February 12th, 2013 (11:34 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by GreatTornado:
Well yeah, "Ninfia" is the Japanese name. Japanese names of the eeveelution pokemon don't have -eon at the end. Like for instance, "Leafia" is the Japanese name for Leafeon.

Eh, actually, I'm starting to think that maybe that's all we'll get for this month, since more scans reveled a Rumble game for Wii U, and so on, but... I dunno.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 12th, 2013 (11:36 AM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by GreatTornado:
The Japanese names don't use the same convention the English names use.
EDIT: So ninja'd.

Well, my two cents is that it would be a Flying-type. I don't think we'll have another Normal-type, and I really don't want another type to be introduced.
Old February 12th, 2013 (11:51 AM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
When Dark and Steel were introduced in GSC, it was because the game was broken. Psychic had no legitimate threats, so they had to make some.

What is so broken in Pokemon today that they need new type. Haven't we learned by now that Game Freak firmly believes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Light type itself is stupid because Fire makes light. Any Pokemon slated to be Light Type could easily be re-cast as a Fire pokemon.

Plus, there are a bunch of type combinations that haven't even be tried before.

The new Eevee is jarring to say the least. It it for real... I love all the other ones. IF this new one is flying type, I will love it too.

1. Because we need a Pure Flying type pokemon. (Tornadus doesn't count.)
2. It doesn't look like any other type.
Old February 12th, 2013 (12:38 PM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

The scans seem to make a big deal of it being "talented," supposedly using a variety of attacks (because it looks to be using Swift and some sort of Fire attack in the screenshots), so perhaps it is Normal but can use a variety of attacks. My boyfriend suggested it having Multitype xD I know that sounds a bit Farfetch'd(!), but looking at it now I wouldn't be surprised if it was, lol!
Old February 12th, 2013 (01:01 PM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

That's a scan from CoroCoro so it's definitely true.
Old February 12th, 2013 (01:15 PM).
HyperXhydra

At first I though it's a new form of Victini, most probably it's a flying type.
Old February 12th, 2013 (01:22 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Rivvon:
The scans seem to make a big deal of it being "talented," supposedly using a variety of attacks (because it looks to be using Swift and some sort of Fire attack in the screenshots), so perhaps it is Normal but can use a variety of attacks. My boyfriend suggested it having Multitype xD I know that sounds a bit Farfetch'd(!), but looking at it now I wouldn't be surprised if it was, lol!
Someone IMed me earlier yesterday about the possibility of it being a Dragon-type, because Dragons can use fire attacks, but I don't know if there's anything distinctive aside from the fangs that says it's Dragon...

VMPM
Old February 12th, 2013 (01:23 PM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
It looks very flying-type ish. Also, the bows look like buterflies, so it could definitely be a Flying type. Its hair scarf things look like Skyla's hair, too.

In any case, I love it. It's ADORABLE.
Old February 12th, 2013 (01:25 PM). Edited February 12th, 2013 by Kanzler.
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

It looks like Victini - the colour scheme, the fangs, even the "V" design on its paws and its forehead. Perhaps it's a Victini forme when combined with Eevee, an extension of the same mechanism/concept they used for Kyurem-B/W?

*Or an Eevee forme/evolution in the presence of Victini?
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old February 12th, 2013 (01:35 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
It looks like Victini - the colour scheme, the fangs, even the "V" design on its paws and its forehead. Perhaps it's a Victini forme when combined with Eevee, an extension of the same mechanism/concept they used for Kyurem-B/W?

*Or an Eevee forme/evolution in the presence of Victini?
I honestly think that this eeveelution has like nothing to do with Victini, really. .__. The only thing it shares with Victini is the eyes and perhaps the fangs, which would've meant again, that the design was perhaps influenced from Victini somehow, but this is no way(at least, highly doubtful) that this would be a Victini form in any way.

I just don't see GF going for any kind of mechanism that would merge legendary with normal Pokemon anytime soon, that would seem too awkward of a feature to have.

VMPM
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links