Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old February 12th, 2013 (01:57 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I just don't see GF going for any kind of mechanism that would merge legendary with normal Pokemon anytime soon, that would seem too awkward of a feature to have.
Very true. Which begs the question, why is it just so reminiscent of Victini anyways? It's been recorded in interviews (don't remember which) that the artists and staff spend a lot of time creating unique silhouettes and designs for pokemon to avoid repetition. If it were a flying type, they could use pastel cool colours, especially blues and greys - or even browns, if they go for a bird theme versus an air/cloud theme.

The only thing it shares with Victini is the eyes and perhaps the fangs
On the other hand, there's simply no other way to combine a Victini and an eeveelution in the same design other than what they've got here, barring the bows. It has to be a quadruped with the same proportions. And its fur pattern doesn't have to be exactly the same as Victini's - it still retains the colour and the "V" theme. The fact that it looks so similar to Victini an association too easy to make - even if it has nothing to do with Victini. This would imply a breach in their dedication to maintain uniqueness among their pokemon - which doesn't look good on the designers' parts.
Old February 12th, 2013 (02:09 PM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I.. really don't think the art means all that much. It could be just a coincidence that the two look similar (which I kind of don't see to be honest; it doesn't look -exactly- like Victini). I mean, juuust because pokemon look like various other pokemon, doesn't necessarily mean it means much of anything. A lot of pokemon do share some familiar facial features, especially the eyes.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 12th, 2013 (02:25 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Nature: Quiet
I agree with Shawn when he mentioned in an earlier post that there are eventually bound to be Pokemon to look like each other. I mean think about it, assuming there's more than 150+ Pokemon added this generation, there would be a total of around 800+ Pokemon to design to look as "original" as possible. While plausible to some sort of extent, it wouldn't be easy in any definition of the word, so I wouldn't really place the blame much on the designers. u_u

Old February 12th, 2013 (02:32 PM).
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Since when does Ninfia look anything like Victini...? I'm sorry, but I am not able to see any real resemblance, other than the resemblances that MANY Pokemon share.

I think Ninfia is very unique as a Pokemon, compared to what we currently have.
Old February 12th, 2013 (02:40 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
It also looks way too similar To Milotic. The color scheme and the ribbons.
Old February 12th, 2013 (02:57 PM).
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
The first thing I thought when I saw it was that it looked like Victini mixed with Milotic.

I think it's a new type, which I think will be a Rainbow-type, and I would of thought that even if there wasn't a rainbow in the background. I also think the new legendary Pokémon revealed last month are the same type, plus something additional. The one for Y is clearly part Flying-type.

I would prefer a Light-type, which is something I've wanted since gen 2.

This announcement clearly means a return to having new evolutions for older Pokémon which makes me extremely happy. I didn't think we would see a new Eevee, but I was hoping for one. I hope we get a second one, but I doubt it. I don't like the look of this one.
Old February 12th, 2013 (05:15 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

So how will Ninfeon's base stats will be spread? We know it's 130, 110, 90, 65, 65, and 60 from all Eeveelutions.

Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
When Dark and Steel were introduced in GSC, it was because the game was broken. Psychic had no legitimate threats, so they had to make some.

What is so broken in Pokemon today that they need new type.
Dragon types, Water types, Fighting types, Steel types, Stealth Rock, Physical Pursuit, Perma-weather summoners, and the severe lack of Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock, and Poison types in OU.
Old February 12th, 2013 (05:23 PM).
Spider-Man
Silver Tier

Aaah, it's adorable! I'm thinking it looks an awful lot like a normal type. Although it could be flying, with all the flowiness, and the ribbons do look a little bit like butterflies.

Perhaps it evolves when given a ribbon or winning one (possibility of contests?).
Old February 12th, 2013 (05:30 PM).
Gaiden

She looks agile at least so I'm hoping she'll join Espeon in the base 110 club. I also hope she becomes a fast Pokemon with a huge Defense stat (130), decent HP (95), and basically nothing for offenses (65 each with the last 60 in SpDef.)

There's also a pattern to Eevee movepools that goes like:
Quote:
- Helping Hand
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
5 - Sand Attack
9 - Weakest STAB
13 - Quick Attack
17 - Flavour Move / STAB
21 - Flavour Move / STAB (The one it didn't get last slot)
25 - STAB (Minus Jolteon [Pin Missile])
29 - +2 Boosting Move / -2 Stat-lowering Move (Minus Espeon [Psych Up]
33 - Flavour Recovery / Status-spreading Move (Minus Glaceon [Mirror Coat]
37 - Flavour Move / STAB
41 - Last Resort
45 - Flavour Move / STAB
It looks like a great candidate for Air Slash and Calm Mind. If it turns out to be a Flying Type. If it's normal then... maybe it'll gain improvement moves like Giga Impact.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 12th, 2013 (05:43 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
She looks agile at least so I'm hoping she'll join Espeon in the base 110 club. I also hope she becomes a fast Pokemon with a huge Defense stat (130), decent HP (95), and basically nothing for offenses (65 each with the last 60 in SpDef.)

It looks like a great candidate for Air Slash and Calm Mind. If it turns out to be a Flying Type. If it's normal then... maybe it'll gain improvement moves like Giga Impact.
I kind of disagree with that, because as proven with other eeveelutions(Umbreon, I'm looking at you) that kind of stat spread isn't exactly the best ever. I don't know how prevalent Taunt is if anything, but those stats basically scream support Pokemon and well...we already kind of have Umbreon to serve that purpose. u_u I hope that makes sense.

Old February 12th, 2013 (05:49 PM). Edited February 12th, 2013 by Miss Doronjo.
Gaiden

I kind of disagree with that, because as proven with other eeveelutions(Umbreon, I'm looking at you) that kind of stat spread isn't exactly the best ever. I don't know how prevalent Taunt is if anything, but those stats basically scream support Pokemon and well...we already kind of have Umbreon to serve that purpose. u_u I hope that makes sense.
Duly noted, but even competitively, there's nothing wrong with having two support Eeveelutions. Umbreon has it's own "role", and it's own weaknesses.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 12th, 2013 (06:43 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I'll want it to be a speedy, special attacker pokémon with decent defenses, and low attack stat if flying, if it's normal than reverse the sp atk with the atk.
Old February 12th, 2013 (06:50 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Rivvon:
The scans seem to make a big deal of it being "talented," supposedly using a variety of attacks (because it looks to be using Swift and some sort of Fire attack in the screenshots), so perhaps it is Normal but can use a variety of attacks. My boyfriend suggested it having Multitype xD I know that sounds a bit Farfetch'd(!), but looking at it now I wouldn't be surprised if it was, lol!
You know, given that it was central in the main poster/image thing, perhaps it means that this Eeveelution is the central one like you're implying, and therefore due to that it shares what everything else can do, while being normal-typed, but would make like another Porygon or something? That'd be interesting.
Old February 12th, 2013 (07:43 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:

That is an interesting spread Fast and Defensive wall at the same time. Has that been done before? Nothing comes to mind.

It might not be the most competitive thing, but it would be worth it just to be different. However, Flying is typically a offensive type.
Old February 12th, 2013 (07:48 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
That is an interesting spread Fast and Defensive wall at the same time. Has that been done before? Nothing comes to mind.

It might not be the most competitive thing, but it would be worth it just to be different. However, Flying is typically a offensive type.
There's... Togekiss/Togetic I guess? idk.

But yeah while it would be interesting I'd rather have it be a really good attacker if it is flying. :( Like come on, increase Hurricane, more special moves, and boom you'd have an improved special flying-type group! And this one could lead it off :3
Old February 12th, 2013 (07:58 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Quote originally posted by Forever:
You know, given that it was central in the main poster/image thing, perhaps it means that this Eeveelution is the central one like you're implying, and therefore due to that it shares what everything else can do, while being normal-typed, but would make like another Porygon or something? That'd be interesting.
I hope it'd be our first physical-based eeveelution, since we already have so many specially-based ones(in fact, all of them are, sans Flareon which doesn't even have any decent physical attacks, really).

Old February 12th, 2013 (08:06 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

I hope it'd be our first physical-based eeveelution, since we already have so many specially-based ones(in fact, all of them are, sans Flareon which doesn't even have any decent physical attacks, really).
Well maybe, but it looks too light to be physical I guess...? Like maybe Fighting is our next best bet. :(

Wait no, Leafeon is physical you fool. :(
Old February 12th, 2013 (08:14 PM).
Gaiden

Hm, maybe clues of it's physical or special specialty speculations can come from the clearer image of the second page that reveals Ninfia here:

Spoiler:

On the first image on the left, it looks like a Swift attack... or some sort of new star attack? The middle image looks like some sort of flaming-feather attack.. could that be a new move? Well, whatever they are, they don't appear to be physical moves. So, maybe it's specially based? Of course, the jury is still out on that one.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 12th, 2013 (08:19 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I can't help but add in my own guess guess as to what stat arrangement Ninfia will have (in order of HP/Atk/Def/SAtk/SDef/Spe of course):
60/65/65/95/130/110. I like Doronjo's spread too, but I think it'll make Ninfia play a bit like a faster Umbreon.

Old February 13th, 2013 (12:03 AM).
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
The new Eeveelution looks alright, not great, but still cute. But the fakemon art drawn by Rueme is far greater then Ninfia.

Check these out: (Eeveelutions at the bottom of the page)
http://rueme.deviantart.com/gallery/26440436

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old February 13th, 2013 (02:15 AM).
Ruby/Sapphire Veteran

Nature: Modest
If the double helix in the japanese logo is anything to go by, this looks like a combination of eevee and skitty?
Old February 13th, 2013 (03:13 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
It could be a Dual-type Eeveelution? That could possibly be why theyre keeping it a secret, it would be a first and it does sort of look like more than just one type. Even though they've been used previously, to me it looks like Psychic/Fire which coincidentially happens to be the same type combination as Victini. I could be wrong but it is something tht they have never done before for an eeveelution.
Old February 13th, 2013 (03:32 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
It could be a Dual-type Eeveelution? That could possibly be why theyre keeping it a secret, it would be a first and it does sort of look like more than just one type. Even though they've been used previously, to me it looks like Psychic/Fire which coincidentially happens to be the same type combination as Victini. I could be wrong but it is something tht they have never done before for an eeveelution.
Yeah I was thinking that too for a little while, but discounting a unique small legendary's typing so soon, idk. At least when Jirachi was a thing there was Metagross the same generation at least etc, while this'd come the generation after which'd make it less unique imo.
Old February 13th, 2013 (04:17 AM).
just a guy
, CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
If Ninfia is a Flying type, which I'm assuming it might be, then I hope it's more offensive than it is defensive. I'm terrible at making my own stat spread, but something akin to Togekiss would be great; if only the Eevee line had higher stats though instead, specifically 60/65/65. Although, if it had to be a speedy physical hitter, then it better come with some great physical moves. Flareon suffers from this, while Leafeon isn't half bad. Otherwise I don't entirely mind another special Eeveelution.

As for it being a dual-type? I highly doubt that. Eeveelutions each represent a single type. That's one thing I'd prefer remain the same.

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
Dragon types, Water types, Fighting types, Steel types, Stealth Rock, Physical Pursuit, Perma-weather summoners, and the severe lack of Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock, and Poison types in OU.
Okay, Dragon types can be overpowered, but they have their weaknesses. Water types may be an abundance, but not all of them are exactly useful. And sure, Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock, and Poison types may not be some of the most commonly used types in OU. However, none of this calls for a new type whatsoever. The reason why Dark and Steel were introduced in Gen II was because there was an imbalance in the type system. To bring in a new type wouldn't have to do with what's not used in competitive gaming or if there's too many Water-types. It will have to do with expanding the different types and keeping a balance amongst those types, which there already is.

I'd love a new type, but I wouldn't say we need to have one. Chances are it won't fix much of these problems more than it'll just give us a new type and shift the system a bit, giving some Pokémon new strengths and/or weaknesses.
Old February 13th, 2013 (04:18 AM).

Nature: Bold
Is it just me or do they look more like digimon than last Gen.?

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)