The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
They want us to speculate on Nympeons typing. The main reason I believe it is a Light type is because.of this. If it had been any existing type it would be easily recognizable. If it were a normal type I'm sure it would resemble Eevee more.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
But a light type doesn't make any sense. The only argument people give is that Dark type needs a counter. What people miss is that it isn't even called "Dark" type in Japanese. It's "Evil" type. This alone ends he discussion for a light type. There is opposite for Evil type. You can say that Every other Type is an Opposite of Evil.
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
But a light type doesn't make any sense. The only argument people give is that Dark type needs a counter. What people miss is that it isn't even called "Dark" type in Japanese. It's "Evil" type. This alone ends he discussion for a light type. There is opposite for Evil type. You can say that Every other Type is an Opposite of Evil.
By light type, people don't mean a "good" type. They mean literal "light". The "good" type or justice-like type is found in Fighting.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
By light type, people don't mean a "good" type. They mean literal "light". The "good" type or justice-like type is found in Fighting.
But again, is it really necessary, is the question? I remember mentioning this somewhere, but why would we need a Light-type, and what point would it serve? What types would it be strong against, and what types would it be weak against? I suppose of GF wanted to introduce a new type, now would be better than anything else, especially if they're going to create a whole new arsenal of moves specifically for it, but still. All of our types are quite balanced as it is, so forgive me, I just do not see Light type happening. D:
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Mujahid

Quote:
That was my Point. There is no "Darkness" Type..Thus, A "Light" type is not required.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
But again, is it really necessary, is the question? I remember mentioning this somewhere, but why would we need a Light-type, and what point would it serve? What types would it be strong against, and what types would it be weak against? I suppose of GF wanted to introduce a new type, now would be better than anything else, especially if they're going to create a whole new arsenal of moves specifically for it, but still. All of our types are quite balanced as it is, so forgive me, I just do not see Light type happening. D:
With each new game released, the metagame shifts in some way. Gamefreak doesn't always add something to the games simply because they are necessary or have a purpose.

Quote:
That was my Point. There is no "Darkness" Type..Thus, A "Light" type is not required.
You're implying that Gamefreak would only add a Pokemon type to counter current ones, rather than just spicing up the metagame or allowing for different kinds of Pokemon to be designed. This is kind of like saying that the Flying-type is only necessary and was only added to the games to counter Bug and Ground-types.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud

Last edited by Keiran; February 13th, 2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

He could've meant Dark-type, which from Shawn/MissDoronjo's post in another thread, meant "evil" in Japan, which would give some basis of adding in a new type, along with our current-type chat. I know that previously I questioned the necessity of it, but that was because I don't know where exactly it would fit in the type-chart, or whether it would screw things up, y'know?

I don't see Light type being too terrible of a thing to add after all, I wouldn't really shut down the idea just yet. We'll have to see what GF has in mind in the next reveal~!

Quote:
With each new game released, the metagame shifts in some way. Gamefreak doesn't always add something to the games simply because they are necessary or have a purpose.
You can have the metagame shift in some manner when you add Pokemon, sure, that happens in every single generation up to where we are now. The difference is, adding in a new-type is a huge step completely, imo. u_u Or maybe it won't be, but I just personally feel that way because for five generations we've been completely fine without it, but maybe they'll add a new type just to stir things up a bit? Seems like something GF would do, given that, at least according to revealed screenshots, that a lot of other things are changing.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mujahid

Quote:
You're implying that Gamefreak would only add a Pokemon type to counter current ones, rather than just spicing up the metagame or allowing for different kinds of Pokemon to be designed. This is kind of like saying that the Flying-type is only necessary and was only added to the games to counter Bug and Ground-types.
When did I say that ? I said that when people say that a 'Light' type is possible, they cite the reason that 'Dark' type needs an Opposite. What i said was, There is No special reason for a 'light' type to exist. It's just as possible as a 'glass' type or a 'Digital' type.

Also, if they Do make a Light type and it signifies kindness, then how can it have any Offensive moves ? Wouldn't it defeat the whole Idea ?
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:

Also, if they Do make a Light type and it signifies kindness, then how can it have any Offensive moves ? Wouldn't it defeat the whole Idea ?
I wouldn't really jump towards that conclusion just yet. Psychic seems like a wuss-type at first glace(pretend you knew absolutely nothing about the type), but then you have things like Psychic and Psychock that are very prominent in the current metagame, along with things like Trick Room and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with Light-type, really. It might have a silly concept and origin, but it could be just as powerful as Psychic is currently.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Forever
let it go

Hmmm it's a little off the current topic, but it's something I was just thinking about. Given that there's two days until CoroCoro's real release, I kind of doubt we'll hear anything more other than this Eeveelution this month, actually. I expected it to be like a slow leak but there isn't anything yet today which makes me a little curious about this. Maybe we won't get any more major information til next month? Might put it more on-par with B/W's release, at least. ;(
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Eh, there really isn't much scans leaked other than a Rumble game for the Wii U and the official declaration of the new pokemon movie. There's two more days for chances for more leaks to be released about new pokemon, in which I'm betting that we'll probably get it on the 15th.

Is it likely? Maybe, maybe not.

I'm still hoping for the official art of the protagonist to be released, along with more cities and pokemon.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mujahid

I also believe we're done for the month. I don't remember the last time Coro Coro revealed just one random pokemon. But if there were more, we would have had atleast something. Oh well, lets see.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Is it sad that I didn't know that there was an actual Pokemon movie coming out until like yesterday? u___u;; I really should do some more research on that.

For me, I feel like all I really needed to see from the protagonist was some gist of what their OW sprites were like, so now that's over and done with, I'm honestly waiting for the region itself and the landmarks and things of that nature. I admit that I'm really ignorant(it takes a strong person to admit their ignorance on a topic) as far as European culture is concerned, so I really don't know what to expect in these games, as far as prominent landmarks and whatnot are concerned.

For example, we've seen that one screenshot. Y'know, with the giant castle and that golurk-looking statute. Are we going to see more buildings similar to those, or would that just be a historical landmark that was somehow put into the games? Either way, the buildings seem pretty interesting(from what we've seen, anyway), and I can't wait to see more of the region. That's pretty much number one on my list, aside from the new Pokemon, that is.

Another thing that I want to see in the next edition is our new rodent/bird Pokemon. I'm actually surprised that they haven't come out with them just yet, but yeah, that'd be nice. XD
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Is it sad that I didn't know that there was an actual Pokemon movie coming out until like yesterday? u___u;; I really should do some more research on that.

For me, I feel like all I really needed to see from the protagonist was some gist of what their OW sprites were like, so now that's over and done with, I'm honestly waiting for the region itself and the landmarks and things of that nature. I admit that I'm really ignorant(it takes a strong person to admit their ignorance on a topic) as far as European culture is concerned, so I really don't know what to expect in these games, as far as prominent landmarks and whatnot are concerned.

For example, we've seen that one screenshot. Y'know, with the giant castle and that golurk-looking statute. Are we going to see more buildings similar to those, or would that just be a historical landmark that was somehow put into the games? Either way, the buildings seem pretty interesting(from what we've seen, anyway), and I can't wait to see more of the region. That's pretty much number one on my list, aside from the new Pokemon, that is.

Another thing that I want to see in the next edition is our new rodent/bird Pokemon. I'm actually surprised that they haven't come out with them just yet, but yeah, that'd be nice. XD
If its Paris, they should have a lot of landmarks. The Lourve for one, is the one thing I'm most excited about, I mean a glass pyramid structure is a perfect fit for Pokemon, and I wouldn't mind if they use it for a gym or something.
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Come on guys, there will NOT be a new type!

Dark-types and Steel-types were only introduced to balance the games because of how insanely powerful Psychic-types were and balance was needed among the original 15.

Think about it. If Light-type is introduced they'll have to assess 559 moves and 649 Pokemon to accomodate previous attacks becoming Light-type (Flash, etc.) and dual-typing Pokemon like they did with Magnemite and Magneton.

Not gonna happen. If we haven't gotten it by now, we won't ever. AND in the short amount of time between Gen V and Gen VI? I'm well aware that they develop things way in advance (Gastrodon originally being in Gen III) but it's not going to happen. We have 17 types right now, we don't need anymore. Besides, introducing a Light-type would mess up the metagame SO much u_u;;

Also, I don't want this to be female exclusive. I like having females of all my Eeveelutions, I don't want one to have a 100% male ratio.
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:54 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
Come on guys, there will NOT be a new type!

Dark-types and Steel-types were only introduced to balance the games because of how insanely powerful Psychic-types were and balance was needed among the original 15.

Think about it. If Light-type is introduced they'll have to assess 559 moves and 649 Pokemon to accomodate previous attacks becoming Light-type (Flash, etc.) and dual-typing Pokemon like they did with Magnemite and Magneton.

Not gonna happen. If we haven't gotten it by now, we won't ever. AND in the short amount of time between Gen V and Gen VI? I'm well aware that they develop things way in advance (Gastrodon originally being in Gen III) but it's not going to happen. We have 17 types right now, we don't need anymore. Besides, introducing a Light-type would mess up the metagame SO much u_u;;

Also, I don't want this to be female exclusive. I like having females of all my Eeveelutions, I don't want one to have a 100% male ratio.
It's always the same argument, "Gamefreak only does things to counter other things, they won't add a new type, blah blah blah". Has it ever occurred to anybody that just maybe Gamefreak does things to spice things up? I mean, they aren't "balancing" ANYTHING by switching to 3D, but nobody seemed to question that at all, right?

Gamefreak revises all their stuff anyway. Has nobody even noticed that between generations (especially Gen V) moves often get changes or PP/accuracy/base power boosts? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gamefreak purposefully went through the trouble of allowing more status moves to be reflected my Magic Bounce (or whatever it's called) as well, and that's just one example.

If people who take the metagame very seriously do get bugged by this stuff, guess what: nobody is stopping anybody from playing the Gen V metagame! Seriously, there are simulators out there that can do Gen II, people. My message to the metagame, if they really care about this so much (myself, as somebody who very recently started competitive battling again after a long hiatus, not to mention somebody who loves in-game battles, would totally love it) is to get with the program. "Messing up" the metagame, as in adding more twists and ideas, would be a great thing! Things get very, very stale in the video gaming world, when they aren't revolutionized. We would still be playing Gen-I-quality games if Gamefreak never bothered to change anything.

I would love to have a new type, but the purpose of this post is not to really start an argument or defend one. I'm not sure if it sounds like it, but I'm not trying to defend a new type or propose it or whatever, but I'm discussing why those aren't really valid points. Consider me playing devil's advocate, or whatever. Rather, I just want to take the time to say that if you have a closed mind (talking to people in general here) about something you have no control over, (unless suddenly everybody here started working on Gamefreak, and I was not informed) you just end up ignoring what could be potentially exciting possibilities. Nobody has the right to just shut down speculation, or reversely declare speculation as fact.

I hope this doesn't sound too weird! Basically, in summary while I would love a new type, I don't believe or disbelieve that there will be a new type. Rather, I want to state that anything is possible!

And I apologize if it seemed like I was directly attacking your post; I just sort of wanted to rebut it and use it as a platform for my own opinion. (Which isn't even very concrete...)

On the subject of Ninfia actually being a new type (because I noticed this has begun to go off-topic...) I honestly don't know, and I don't really care. If it'd be pure Flying type, that'd be cool, but its typing is not my primary concern. What I will say is that I hope it isn't dual-typed.
I hope CoroCoro has more information to give us; one new Pokemon and some other information I don't particularly care for doesn't satisfy me. I want to see more Pokemon! I don't care too much for anything else, unless Gamefreak really begins to break the mold and reveal a lot of new, more unique information (another "this game will have eight boring gyms" and I'll be really disappointed).

Last edited by tente2; February 13th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Oh honestly. Every 5 minutes this discussion pops up. I could have swore there was already a topic for crazed Light fans to scream about how the type is absolutely definitely going to happen this generation, does it need to infect so many other threads? I hate to be rude but it is incredibly tiresome to see the same people saying the same things over and over again.

Old February 13th, 2013, 02:18 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Oh honestly. Every 5 minutes this discussion pops up. I could have swore there was already a topic for crazed Light fans to scream about how the type is absolutely definitely going to happen this generation, does it need to infect so many other threads? I hate to be rude but it is incredibly tiresome to see the same people saying the same things over and over again.
Yeah. And the same thing for people who just go around and shut those ideas down. Like I've said, I'd love a new type, but I don't really believe/disbelieve the introduction of a new type at this point, nor do I lean towards either argument. It's just way too early to tell at this point! Ninfia does look a little weird, but I can most definitely see it being one of the remaining 10 possibilities, as opposed to some new type.

Oh, and I wanted to mention, does anybody remember the animated trailer for B2/W2? I'd really love something like that for X and Y; that way, we get a lot of information in terms of setting, story, and mood. (Sort of, at least, in my opinion!) Whereas CoroCoro always seems (again, in my opinion) to leak out the most boring information possible. Not even any interesting gameplay information, or anything. We get new Pokemon, which is cool, but that's about it (and even then, we barely get any information about those Pokemon).
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:47 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Right thus far we only know the most things about the starters in their basic forms, the other three new pokemon we only know their height and weight, and that one of them (Ninfia) is an evolution of Eevee.
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
If its Paris, they should have a lot of landmarks. The Lourve for one, is the one thing I'm most excited about, I mean a glass pyramid structure is a perfect fit for Pokemon, and I wouldn't mind if they use it for a gym or something.
Pyramids should be interesting to see! o: I understand that Pyramid-like structures probably aren't the most European(I think? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong), but I'd like to see more structures like that. n_n
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Pyramids should be interesting to see! o: I understand that Pyramid-like structures probably aren't the most European(I think? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong), but I'd like to see more structures like that. n_n
Hopefully next issue's of Corocoro will show more landscapes?
Or at least from the new Nintendo Direct video?

Pyramids would be awesome tbh~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:00 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Well the building in the trailer sort of reminded me of the Louvre so maybe it's pyramid (it doesn't have an actual name that I know of) will appear too.
Hopefully next issue will show us some scans of the region, and more of the buildings we saw in the trailer.

Last edited by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire; February 13th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Not pyramids, but pyramid. Have you ever seen the Louvre?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mus%C3%A9e_du_Louvre
Even that could be the potential palace instead of the one at Versailles, thanks to the intricate architecture. But yeah, I really want the Nintendo Direct to drop a region name, or at least a region map. Its the one thing that I really want, and it would spark my interest for XY like no other.
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Also guys, what do you think CoroCoro might show as far as new Battle Frontier structures? It seems that some of us have been let down in B/W by the Battle Subway, and then there was a huge improvement in B2W2 in the addition of the Pokemon World Tournament, but what kind of mass battling kind of thingy(lol what a weird way to describe it) would you like to see? Discuss away!
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Also guys, what do you think CoroCoro might show as far as new Battle Frontier structures? It seems that some of us have been let down in B/W by the Battle Subway, and then there was a huge improvement in B2W2 in the addition of the Pokemon World Tournament, but what kind of mass battling kind of thingy(lol what a weird way to describe it) would you like to see? Discuss away!
Hm, maybe. If the next issue doesn't show any new gyms, maybe the next issue will show more and new battle buildings. Perhaps something like those Battle Clubs from the pokemon anime. But yeah, I'd love it if next issue, they show potential battle frontier buildings.

When exactly is the next issue, by the way? I've heard that it was next month, but...

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links