The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm hoping the Dragon-type eeveelution(if they ever do make one) is physical. Like really, a good majority of the eeveelutions are special, and I feel that there needs to be more physical hitters because it's kind of disappointing when one of your physical attackers can't even properly use their attack(Flareon), and the other physical attacker needs to set up to be remotely useful(Leafeon), so yeah. .__.

So I'm really raising my expectations here for this new Dragon-type eeveelution, if GF decides to go that route.

As far as another eeveelution going in a pair with this one, it's definitely possible, but as Shivi said before me, it's highly unlikely otherwise we would've known about it by now. :3
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Nah, Sylveon is being touted as their wild card, and justly so. An eeveelution as demonstrated is major speculation fuel and creates a buzz for the games like no other, and to have another eeveelution along with it would just steal its thunder, even if its down the road. However I do think that there will be huge differences in female/male Sylveon's ala Jellicent, but how I do not know. As for the type, again, its probably a new type with the off chance of an old one. The fangs do give significance, because while Umbreon does have visible fangs, as mentioned its a dark type Pokemon. All the other eeveelutions do not however. The fangs are a prominent design characteristic, that much should be certain.
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'm pretty sure that at least Eevee, Vaporeon and Flareon can have fangs as well, because they can learn the move "Bite" on level up, in which with bite, the target is bitten with "viciously sharp fangs". The fangs on Sylveon could be just for show, y'know. Or something. Not to say that it might not mean something, I'm just saying it might be just for show.

Hm, well, this is a thought, but:

Spoiler:

Rainbow in the background.

The Eeveelutions don't exactly match the colours of the rainbow (lacking orange, adding black and brown), but they are close enough. I'm going out on a limb and guess that the Eevee mini-movie will feature rainbows to some extent, and that Ninfia will be connected to them somehow.

This has been proposed before, but I think it might be worth bringing up again. What if Ninfia isn't a standard Eeveelution, but rather connected to all of them? An overarching Eeveelution capable of either mixing the capabilities of the others or downright change into them à la Multitype (wholly or partially). Its typing could be Normal when in "Standard form", but change into the type of the mimicked Eeveelution when transformed.

Either way, if Ninfia can be connected to rainbows, both linguistically and via the movie poster, I'm beginning to doubt that this can be a coincidence. There's something with Ninfia and rainbows, maybe.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Or it could just be a promotional add-on by the company that's promoting the movie(The Pokemon Company, I think?) just to make it look prettier so it could sell a lot more, cause companies are like that. u___u Not to be a killjoy or anything like that, really.
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Sure the other eeveelutions can use bit, but visual in the art is exclusive to Sylveon and Umbreon, that much should be addressed. As for the rainbow, I wouldn't make anything of it, anything cure and snugly will have a rainbow in its promotion one way or another. What really needs to be noted is that Sylveon isn't sparkly, but its ribbons are. Which means that if its not a shiny, and the sparkles are type specific, I doubt we have any sparkly characteristics in the existing types.
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:23 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Sure the other eeveelutions can use bit, but visual in the art is exclusive to Sylveon and Umbreon, that much should be addressed. As for the rainbow, I wouldn't make anything of it, anything cure and snugly will have a rainbow in its promotion one way or another. What really needs to be noted is that Sylveon isn't sparkly, but its ribbons are. Which means that if its not a shiny, and the sparkles are type specific, I doubt we have any sparkly characteristics in the existing types.
Unless it's fairy dust... which doesn't really mean anything. The only types however that I would associate with sparkles that hasn't been taken are the normal type (usually the cutesy type, and I say usually as it too has Ursaring, Arceus, and Regigigas...), and the bug type as bug pokemon such as dustox and Butterfree have been shown to let out some kind of sparkly dust in the anime.
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
jaydezzal
Sarcastic Guy

I could see Ninfia/Sylvion being a Bug type. Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing, but those bow-ish things kind of look like butterflies, so Bug? I dunno, to me the whole design screams Normal, so maybe just a Normal type?
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:58 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Yeah, I'm thinking Sylveon will be Normal-type, that is if no new types get introduced. But we'll probably see what Sylveon's type will be in the next CoroCoro in March.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:27 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Or it could just be a promotional add-on by the company that's promoting the movie(The Pokemon Company, I think?) just to make it look prettier so it could sell a lot more, cause companies are like that. u___u Not to be a killjoy or anything like that, really.
I agree. It's not as though the rainbow was added in any particular way to signify anything special. It's more or less just eye candy for the background as far as I can tell. It's too much of a reach in my opinion to say the rainbow plays any sort of significant part to Sylveon, it's typing, or its possible connection to the rest of the Eeveelutions. Honestly, I just prefer they keep it simple with this. A new Eeveelution with its own special way of evolving and its own type just like all the others.

If it's a Normal-type though...

I don't think it will be despite its relatively plain appearance, but I'm just saying, it would be slightly disappointing. Eevee to me has always been the one to cover the Normal type while its evolutions cover the more specialized types.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I thought this was cute and funny.

Apparently there are more Gym Leaders other than Iris and Skyla that have Ribbons and Bows in their designs XD

Love how the artist highlighted the ribbons and bows in Sylveon's colors.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I thought this was cute and funny.

Spoiler:

Apparently there are more Gym Leaders other than Iris and Skyla that have Ribbons and Bows in their designs XD

Love how the artist highlighted the ribbons and bows in Sylveon's colors.
Do you think the artist will draw a sequel for the type reveal?

Already the suspense is killing me regarding Sylveon and the fan reactions to the type they predicted right or wrong.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 10:29 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
They certainly chose a good Pokémon to release early.
Old February 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
They certainly chose a good Pokémon to release early.
All part of the plan. An ambiguous Eevee is type ambiguous, and it can cause the biggest buzz around a game, and we fell for it, big time. Don't mind though, cause in the end someone's gonna be right, be it the flying type or a new type. Personally still going with a new type, but not exactly love. Something more....elemental perhaps, but still a bit mystical.
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
If it's a Normal-type though...

I don't think it will be despite its relatively plain appearance, but I'm just saying, it would be slightly disappointing. Eevee to me has always been the one to cover the Normal type while its evolutions cover the more specialized types.
It will be disappointing, especially since a lot of people are expecting Sylveon to either be a new type or Flying, but I honestly think that it's the type that it's most likely to be. u___u It's kind of saddening when I found out that Sylveon's colors match the colors of like, a majority of Normal-type Pokemon out there, so either it's dual type and has Normal in it(which would be unusual for an eeveelution, but hey, this is Gamefreak we're talking about here), or it would just be Normal.

Or it could just be an illusion to make us all think it's Normal and/or Flying. u__u
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:46 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Other than the legendary types, I think the Eeveelutions are the coolest and most intriguing Pokémon. The fact that Eevee can evolve seemingly into all 17 types is unheard of in other Pokémon. I still think Sylveon is Normal, due to its plain yet cute appearance. Some believe another Eeveelution is going to be released too, to coincide with each of the 2 new Pokémon games (X and Y).
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:00 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Perhaps the other eeveelution will be either fighting type , or rock type if Flying, and fighting if Normal (considering Normal is only weak against fighting). Well that's if they do too. I'm hoping it's Dragon now as I'm starting to doubt we'll get another eeveelution, so might as well wrap up the special type eeveelutions now.
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Forever
let it go

I really think it'll just be Sylveon, because it seems like if they were doing two they'd announce two at once :3 Otherwise one would get more hype than the other, imo. :(
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Guy
just a guy

Same. If there was going to be two and they were only going to release one before the other, then one would think they would have at least hinted at another possible new Eeveelution to be revealed in the next issue. Instead, it's said that they're going be to unveiling more details about Sylveon. At this point, I doubt there's going to be more than one new Eeveelution this generation.
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Oh, I don't know about that. Don't forget there is still plenty of time for the creation and revealing of new pokemon. That and more CoroCoro scans. Time will only tell. They probably had their reasons to not hint at a possible secondary eeveelution at this time.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Well, look at it this way: I believe it all has something to do with timing and opportunity here. I mean, here were are going nuts just about Sylveon's type alone, not to mention that we aren't even 100% sure of the attacks it used in given trainers(except Swift, which I believe was more or less a given). So I believe that, as I've said multiple times before, that Sylveon was more or less introduced to symbolize something, perhaps a new concept in the games, rather than just a new eeveelution for show.

That said, I expect that, if there's going to be another eeveelution, I expect it to be tied to another(possibly new)feature of the games.
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I think it might have just been released because as you can see people go nuts for eeveelutions. But of course maybe it could have a new ability or something that will be unveiled first? I don't think that there will be another eeveelution, because it would be kind of silly to say "Look! Another one!" after all of this hype over just a name and a picture.

I hope next issue they give us a little bit more, please please some types so it can just be confirmed already, haha.

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old February 25th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Guy
just a guy

If only one thing had to come out of next month's CoroCoro, then I pray it's Sylveon's type.
Old February 25th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I hope it's more Pokemon, to be honest! At this point, we've spent way too long debating about Sylveon's type, and it's starting to kind of get old, so I'd appreciate either an issue about the revelation of starter evos, or just a few new Pokemon here and there.~!
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Vapie
Togepi

Yeah I'm looking more forward to the starter evos than anything. Types of the legendaries and Sylveon make me curious too, but not as much as the Pokemon I'll use through the entire game.
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
If only one thing had to come out of next month's CoroCoro, then I pray it's Sylveon's type.
There is going to be more information about Sylveon in the next issue, so, yes, the next issue will definitely show it's type, imo. Although, one might wonder why they've kept it a secret in the first place, like the new legendaries. Maybe just to build up hype for something special?

I'm still also hoping that in the next issue, they will show the official art of the new protagonists, as well as the new professor or rival. I hope that we get some colorful characters this time!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links