The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:49 PM
jellotime91

HA! I KNEW the Zu represented Espeon!

This new one looks really stupid. Can't imagine I'd ever use it, and it looks like a normal type. Wah, wahhhh...
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:52 PM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Also, just a quick thing, didn't Iwate or Masuda say there was going to be more focus on Pokemon-Trainer relationship? Could it be that this relationship is how Ninfia could evolve?
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:53 PM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Nature: Adamant
What if it is a bug type? I mean, the symbol on the Japanese logo is a butterfly! I hope, I hope, I hope that there is gonna be a more masculine one. Try to convince me this thing is NOT related to Victini :/ *finger crossed* for a rock, steel, poison, dragon, or ghost.
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Tsukiyo
Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via AIM to Tsukiyo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsukiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyo
I've always thought the idea of a Normal Eeveelution was completely ridiculous. What would be the point? Eevee itself serves as the Normal type. It seems a waste of a perfectly good opportunity to release, oh, say, a Ghost type. Or Poison. Or Dragon. Heck, ANYTHING else.

That said, Normal was unfortunately the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. It's just so...unreasonably cute. It seems the most logical conclusion, but I'm truly hoping that I'm 100% wrong.

Old February 11th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalDialgasaur View Post
What if it is a bug type? I mean, the symbol on the Japanese logo is a butterfly! I hope, I hope, I hope that there is gonna be a more masculine one. Try to convince me this thing is NOT related to Victini :/ *finger crossed* for a rock, steel, poison, dragon, or ghost.
Symbol on the Japanese logo is a bow. Like the ones on Ninfia XD.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:07 PM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Symbol on the Japanese logo is a bow. Like the ones on Ninfia XD.
Looks like a butterfly to me! And it's eyes look soulless and bug like and all of those "ribbons" could be antennae or something...

Also, you can see a couple of 3D battle scenes when you look really closely to the top left of the scan. And, you see one of those ribbon/antennae things next to the heads of Flareon/Umbreon on the left page, making me believe even more it could be a bug type.... (Due to it sparkling)

Edit: on the 3D battle scene, it looks like it may be using a fire move?!
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I think people might be flipping out a bit too much on the whole Victini resemblance. :x This is just me, but I highly doubt this thing is anywhere even remotely related to Victini whatsoever aside from the eyes. Victini might've been an inspiration for the creation of this Pokemon, who knows really, what went through the minds of GF when they made this?

In any case, I really am stuck on Normal as a possible type here, because usually when you have a Pokemon if another type, there's some sort of distinction on their body that gives it away(of some sort, anyway). This one looks pretty Normal to me, unless they do create a new type.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:18 PM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I think people might be flipping out a bit too much on the whole Victini resemblance. :x This is just me, but I highly doubt this thing is anywhere even remotely related to Victini whatsoever aside from the eyes. Victini might've been an inspiration for the creation of this Pokemon, who knows really, what went through the minds of GF when they made this?

In any case, I really am stuck on Normal as a possible type here, because usually when you have a Pokemon if another type, there's some sort of distinction on their body that gives it away(of some sort, anyway). This one looks pretty Normal to me, unless they do create a new type.
Look at my post before this^ also, on the battle scenes, it's glittering, and using what looks like a fire move....still think its normal?
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Tsukiyo
Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via AIM to Tsukiyo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsukiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyo
Just to be clear, it could be of Normal type and still capable of using Fire-type moves.

Old February 11th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Actually, I'm leaning it to be a Pure Flying type now. I mean, take a look at it's sort of... ribbiony-scarf things. They do remind me of the clothing features that the flying type gym leaders, Skyla and Winona possess.

Maybe that's something?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:27 PM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyo View Post
Just to be clear, it could be of Normal type and still capable of using Fire-type moves.
Well yeah, sure, but that's kinda weird to show it in an Announcment, unless its not a fire move, even though it has flames...I hope it's not flying, they completely messed it up if its flying. My best bet is that it's either a normal or bug. Wait...It's name is Ninfeon? Doesn't that lean towards fighting?
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Actually, I'm leaning it to be a Pure Flying type now. I mean, take a look at it's sort of... ribbiony-scarf things. They do remind me of the clothing features that the flying type gym leaders, Skyla and Winona possess.

Maybe that's something?
I feel awkward with it being a flying-type and not having wings of any sort, though...
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:46 PM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
If it were flying type, how in the world would it evolve? Flight stone? Normal seems too... normal, gamefreak (hopefully) would never do that to us. I'm guessing at either a new type, which would be nice, or something like psychic. Unfortunately, we already have that as espeon, but it doesn't seem to fit much else other than flying, normal or something of the sort...
Fires seems logical ish, seeing as there is a resemblance to victini. Bow suggests otherwise though. Seems normal, despite my hope that it isn't.
Also, it doesn't look like a bug. I think. The bows? Seem more normal-like than butterfly-bug type. And to be honest, the two things that could be antennea seem to relate to flying more than bug as the person somewhere above said, as it does seem to resemble the flying type gym leaders. Although, flying type would be wierd.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
I feel awkward with it being a flying-type and not having wings of any sort, though...
Gyarados, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Gligar, Gliscor, Emolga, Thundurus, Landorus.

All are Pokemon without Winged appendages being part Flying. Gligar, Gliscor, and Emolga have skin like webbing that take the place of wings, but still aren't actual wings. It wouldn't be the first time we've had a wingless Flier.

That said though, I'm shooting Normal. Kinda hope Syddy's Dragon idea is right though cause that would be awesome.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed
According to the new scans, the new Genesect movie will be called "Extremespeed Genesect and the Reawakening of Mewtwo." Could Mewtwo have some sort of significance with Pokemon X and Y?

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Moist
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
I think Ninfia will be either a Normal, Flying or completely new type (Friendship type? Idk)
But it is really adorable, I hope they release more pokemon this corocoro.

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:04 PM
fluffydukki
Time-killer

Nature: Timid
Not sure if it's been said yet, but I've seen a lot of people elsewhere saying the in-game screenshot looks like it's using a fire move or something.

To me, though, it looks more like the new evolution animation, or rather, the end of the animation showing your newly evolved Ninfia. What does everyone else think?
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
If it were flying type, how in the world would it evolve? Flight stone? Normal seems too... normal, gamefreak (hopefully) would never do that to us. I'm guessing at either a new type, which would be nice, or something like psychic. Unfortunately, we already have that as espeon, but it doesn't seem to fit much else other than flying, normal or something of the sort...
Fires seems logical ish, seeing as there is a resemblance to victini. Bow suggests otherwise though. Seems normal, despite my hope that it isn't.
Also, it doesn't look like a bug. I think. The bows? Seem more normal-like than butterfly-bug type. And to be honest, the two things that could be antennea seem to relate to flying more than bug as the person somewhere above said, as it does seem to resemble the flying type gym leaders. Although, flying type would be wierd.
If it evolves as flying, maaybe it'd evolve at a certain tower? Like if you go to a specific tower, kind of like Glaceon/Leafeon work...?
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Gyarados, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Gligar, Gliscor, Emolga, Thundurus, Landorus.

All are Pokemon without Winged appendages being part Flying. Gligar, Gliscor, and Emolga have skin like webbing that take the place of wings, but still aren't actual wings. It wouldn't be the first time we've had a wingless Flier.

That said though, I'm shooting Normal. Kinda hope Syddy's Dragon idea is right though cause that would be awesome.
Yeah, but at the same time, all of those Pokemon sans Gyara have these winged appendages that make it obvious they're a flying type(Thundurus and Landorus are genies kind of so it's to be expected for them).

Also, a dragon-type eeveelution wouldn't be bad at all~! :3 I wouldn't mind!
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:16 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydukki View Post
Not sure if it's been said yet, but I've seen a lot of people elsewhere saying the in-game screenshot looks like it's using a fire move or something.

To me, though, it looks more like the new evolution animation, or rather, the end of the animation showing your newly evolved Ninfia. What does everyone else think?
Maybe it's outrage, as that move does tend to have flames in it's past depictions despite being a Dragon type move. If so than it's proably a hint at it being a Dragon type, either that or it simply knows fire moves, or the new evolution animation as you said.

Perhaps they could introduce sky travel, and if eevee levels up in the sky it evolves into this
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
NEW EEVEELUTION!!!! YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! I think it looks like Skyla in my opinion, so it will probably be a Flying Type.

White 2:
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Phoenix-f-
Unhatched Egg

I think Ninfia looks like a domestic Eevee, an Eevee that adapted to home life. Those bows makes me think that someone brought it home and take care of it. I think it's normal type, it looks like Skitty/Delcatty line to me.

What I think about the evolution method is that it is associated with the "a new battle mechanism that allows your Pokemon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger" lines. If it's a brand new mechanics rather than friendship, maybe Eevee evolves into Ninfia when this bond is stronger.

PARAS & PARASECT

Old February 12th, 2013, 02:04 AM
lightfurret

I'd say it looks like a light type eeveelution. And it's adds with pokemon X being a light type and pokemon Y a dark one, too.

Else, it's a normal type eeveelution (which seems kinda dumb).

Just a note: This is the new and only single ugliest eeveelution of all time. It's somewhat like Cinccino meets Melotic meets Luvdisc and it's overly huge eyes just freak me out.
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Forever
let it go

...small hint to it being flying buut,

It's facing Froakie. Usually the Pokemon they face is stronger than what they are (maybe?) and the only type Froakie's evolution could be would be Ice, and if so it could learn Icy Wind? idk long shot buuut still. :(
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

It really doesn't look like a flying type to me. But it looks so cute <3 omg I'm so gonna use that in X and Y :D

Sponsored Links