Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Hi... Beafore I can open my RE/DE make shop... I want show here a some of my works.

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 GHETSIS BATTLE *Orchestrated*

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 NEO TEAM PLASMA BATTLE *GBA Soundfont*

Pokemon Black/White TEAM PLASMA BATTLE *GBA SOUNDFONT*

Pokemon Black/White LOW HP ALARM *GBA SOUNDFONT*

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 - Virbank City *GBA Soundfont*

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinym STARK MOUNTAIN *Pokemon B/W Soundfonts*

Have Enjoy... Meybe finaly I've got permision to open my RE/DE make studio Shop.
This signature has been disabled.
Video in signature
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:33 PM
YamaskUnchained
Unhatched Egg

If this is the wrong section I apologize, but I figured I'd implore the site.

Are there ANY people on here that produce beats or want to start producing beats or possibly knows someone that would want to do some work? I'm a rapper that was signed to a record label back in November and am looking to put out a series of mixtapes (both for free and for profit which would be split) that I need beats for, but want them to be unique sounding and not just the typical club banger or hard trap beats everyone is doing. I ask here because the mixtapes will be Pokemon themed. I will be doing 6 projects over the course of 2013.

The Blue Version Mixtape
The Gold Version Mixtape
The Emerald Version Mixtape
The Pearl Version Mixtape
The Black Version Mixtape

And I will culminate them all with "The X/Y Tape" which I will try and have released by January 1st, 2014. I will pick two out of the 5 gens up there to sell for a low price (5$ or something since I know I can profit easily from them at that price with the names I'll have for collabs) and then sell the X/Y Tape for 10$ as the big final project.

I'm not at the post count allowed to post links, so if you want to hear my music its at Youtube/sketchypandaent

Would love to have the help of someone who has similar interests on a project like this and help take their music career to the next level with me as I go.
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
Ozzy! Guys! New theme! x3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua7jcRVNY7U

When I tried coming up with a good style for this specific route, I started off by listening to the themes of BW2 and eventually stopped at a city theme (you probably know what it is). I then decided to mess around with its percussion and piano pattern and, later on, everything else, hence the name 'Theme Revamp' instead of a 'Remix' - Remixes keep the original melody, while 'Revamps' do not (at least, not in my opinion ) It starts out similar, but starting from the middle section, it's quite different when compared to the original.

Since this is my most complicated piece of work yet, I hope you all would enjoy it!

Oh and Ozzy if you want you should feature this and not tranquility theme. I changed channels so it doesn't work anymore
Old February 21st, 2013, 03:49 AM
Febbe

Nature: Quirky
Damn sounds pretty cool, not that i'm able to make music or that i'm into rap at all but sounds pretty cool making it over pokemon music, good luck with it
3DS FC: 3411-1656-7563 Flying Safari IGN: Jonas
3DS FC 2: 0662-5092-7312 Fire Safari IGN: THOR

Proud Dane - Viking In Greenland
Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:55 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Thank you x3 Appreciate that a lot!

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Darkroman

Nature: Adamant
I like the theme a lot Fenne-Kun! It's nice, and fun! The only advice I can give you is make the main melodies stand out a bit more, and add a little panning for the tracks to make some stereo effects, and it'd definitely sound cooler! Unless youtube is just being weird to me right now (sometimes it only plays things in mono).
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Ah, stereo effects. I might give it a try x3 IF I'M NOT TOO LAZY //shot. Thanks for the reply!

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

I got bored and did this in 5 minutes =P
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Darkroman

If you like the Super Mario Starman theme, you'll like this one. It has the original melody of it, but a little slower, with my own added main melody and backup melodies.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Darkroman; March 31st, 2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:11 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Spoiler:

So yup, this is a thing I did once. The shortest lived band ever known. My friends and former bandmates seem to like it. I've always been like...eh...
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Darkroman

I have a new one up, it's not even Pokemon related this time, but anyone that's a fan of Gundam Wing, and knows about the SNES Gundam Wing game might like this one.

Spoiler:
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Really nice remastering, dude! I have a new theme as well - my attempt at Pokemon Battle Themes

Old April 21st, 2013, 02:35 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

New theme with a new style x3

Old May 4th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Cheshireson

The More You Know | Bandcamp.com

From the months of February through April, I was considerably bored and decided to work on a small musical project in my spare time. As a result, I produced the album The More You Know, a compilation of seventeen "mini-tracks" (as in each track being around 30-50 seconds long). The project was really fun to work with, especially when experimenting with an array of synthesizers and tweaking their sounds. In the end, I have created a nice, colorful palette of catchy electronic/trip-hop oriented tunes which, for the most part, are influenced by video game music of the 1990s.

Enjoy.

Update: I have made some final touches to a few of the tracks in order to give them a more cleaner, high-quality sound. I have also decided to make the album available to download for free if people aren't able to make the original payment of $2 CAD ($1.98 USD).

Last edited by Cheshireson; May 5th, 2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty

When half your band's doing their GCSE's what are you supposed to do, not create music?

Basically I just want feedback, this is my first piece I've properly composed. I also have a knack for long titles (blame Fall Out Boy)
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

It's soothing in a way...and also jazzy somehow. I like it! Try adding series of triplets to the mix to make it more graceful!

My interpretation of Lumiose City

Last edited by Fenne-kun; May 18th, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:52 AM
PokemonComposer

Ok, I've just started my new project seriously, so I'll be glad, if you could comment on it!
First of all, here's my recently created channel, so you can check on it anytime soon, as I'm still working on some pieces.
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Poke Composer, as I've named my project(yeah, original as hell) is my attempt, to rearrange cool pokemon themes with higher quality or even live instruments. Note, that this is going to be game-based, as I'm not anime fan.

As a young musician and multi-instrumentalist, who is trying to get on jazz university, I've decided to take on total arrangements of some great pokemon game pieces with a bit of jazz. Actually, it's hard to not make it jazzy, as many of those pieces are already in certain jazz-related styles(bossa novas, sambas, jazz waltz even blues and swing, all can be found there).

I also know, that some of my arrangements need a bit of rework, but hey, I'm still really working on it!

When it comes to my work methods, I mostly compose in GarageBand on iPhone 3GS, with connected my midi-capable piano to it. Sometimes you can also listen my live recorded bass guitar, at the moment, I don't have free access to acoustic upright bass :<
Note, that I'm trying to record every part of piece manually, on keyboard or with live instruments, sadly I'm not drums player, so usually I used some sample or write it on PC.

[...youtube...] doesn't work for me...

I've got slow connection right now and I'm not seeing youtube windows, so I add links just to be sure:

Pokemon R/S/E Rustboro City

Pokemon D/Pt Route 216

Pokemon B/W Accumula Town(updated v2 version!)

Pokemon B/W Nacrene City(still early version)

Last edited by PokemonComposer; June 17th, 2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: youtube problem
Old June 20th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

TheEternalSushi is back with basically THREE themes, guys!

This one is a 'remaster' of a theme created by a friend

This is my interpretation of Route 1 - the simple, happy route of the region!

This is my newest theme and collab with the famous ElectricMudkip for the Evil Leader theme! Enjoy!

Old June 21st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Arron13
Calm, Relaxed, but Competative

Nature: Relaxed
So my dream is to write music for video games. This piece that I started by playing the main lick on the guitar. It reminded me of Pyrite town from pokemon Colosseum and I went on with it.

This is the my first draft, not all parts are done and I just have 1 melody go through. It consists of right now a guitar trio but I want to had maybe a bass and another guitar.

All I really want is to grow from this so I would love some feedback about the song so far. How does it sounds? does it fit the mood of the game (just think of any sketchy town). what can I do to improve. I will continue to post other songs and this song as it grows. Thank you for listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPQOQEovsbI

Last edited by Arron13; June 21st, 2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:21 PM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

I want feedback on my stuff too, so I'm gonna give some to you.

But wait...the link is broken D:

Old June 21st, 2013, 08:35 PM
Arron13

haha sry about that. Guess I didn't notice. but it's fixed. I'll listen to your stuff more intently later on tonight and give you some feedback. What would you like me to listen too? just how it sounds in general?
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

the newest three up there. Yeah in general

Ooh that's short and simple. I like it! Wish it was a little longer with new additional instruments though

Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Arron13

Thank you. Like I said it is the first draft and just the basics of the idea I had, I just wanted to get it out there.

I really do like your songs, I think they capture the mood quite well, especially the route one theme. It is amazing!
Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:38 PM
DjKniteX
A trainer that is a musician

Here's my take/rap cover of a couple music pieces from Ghibli films you guys might recognize, hope you guys enjoy!

Dj Knite X- Ghibli Melody (Elyonbeats)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xlqObiYHzI
You know my methods... Apply them.

http://djknitex.com - Arkansas Rapper & DJ
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:55 PM
mr.big2
Unhatched Egg

Hi. Please watch this ONE PIECE AMV. It's really nice done AMV

Closed Thread
Quick Reply