The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old January 12th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
How would you like it if taking care or oneself or even our Pokemon. By this I mean incorporating the need of the player character to rest and eat such as the Sims. And how about feeding our Pokemon outside of using berries etc?

Would you like to see this in the 6th Generation games?
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
I feel like that would interrupt gameplay tremendously and get annoying very quickly. It makes sense in a game like PMD where you need to eat in dungeons to keep stamina and such, but in the main series where you're constantly all over the place and doing things...idk. I don't think I'd like it. It'd just be a hassle. I guess if implemented correctly it could work, but even still, I don't think I'd like it.

paired to peeta
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Arlo

No.

Before I read that suggestion, I might've said that there's nothing that GF could do that would make me simply decide to not even bother playing the games. But that made me realize that there is - adding the layer of busywork necessary to implement a pointless "needs" system. I have absolutely zero desire to slog through buttons and menus every time a display tells me that whatever arbitrary period of time is about to expire so it's time for me to slog through buttons and menus again.

Sorry - I mean nothing personal. Just - no.
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
When I want to micro manage every single need and whim my characters and their companions have, I play The Sims. When I want to go on an epic adventure, discovering new creatures and what they're capable of, and taking down evil, I play Final Fantasy Pokemon.
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I agree, it'll take too much time away from the main adventure. Also it can get annoyingsome to feed the character multiple times...however maybe if it were three times a day based a the real clock it may work.
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:55 PM
WildDevon
XXX

Nature: Lax
I think a game where you'd be able to customize your player would be absolutely awesome. I'm tired of having gay looking dude. No offense just, why does this keep happening!? The only player I've liked since emerald is the original black/white one.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:20 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I feel like that would interrupt gameplay tremendously and get annoying very quickly. It makes sense in a game like PMD where you need to eat in dungeons to keep stamina and such, but in the main series where you're constantly all over the place and doing things...idk. I don't think I'd like it. It'd just be a hassle. I guess if implemented correctly it could work, but even still, I don't think I'd like it.
I give up, Sydian, you are officially always right xD Anyways, yeah I thought of the same thing once, someone complained to me that you don't eat, sleep or anything and I just told them that, that would get too complicated and annoying, maybe eating and sleeping as an option but not necessary xD
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Cassino

Taking care of the player character? No.
Monsters, however, seems intrinsic to the game, but it shouldn't be a matter of maintenance nor strictly necessary, instead something explicitly positive ought to be yielded as a result, ex. experience; unique items...
DA | YT | If you found an AK with green plastic furniture and an MP5 with a straight mag on your desk when you woke up this morning, that means you've had too much vodka, sausage and this music last night.
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM
wygar
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Taking care of the player character? No.

Monsters, however, seems intrinsic to the game, but it shouldn't be a matter of maintenance nor strictly necessary, instead something explicitly positive ought to be yielded as a result, ex. experience; unique items...

if think they kinda did what you suggested with join avenue in bw2.

that said, my answer is no.
imo, cassino's suggestion is the only reasonable way to implement that and like i said bw2 actually did it so..
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links