The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
This looks great! Is it possible to play it on gameboid? If so where's the download link? Hope it comes out in English soon
There is no download link yet.
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:14 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

OK. But still can you play this on gameboid? Or no$GBA?

Old May 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
OK. But still can you play this on gameboid? Or no$GBA?
most likely, but I'm not completely sure.
Old May 26th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Ike of Paris
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys, it might be off topic, but I seem to have trouble patching a diamond rom using NUPS. I figure I should get this problem taken care of before this hack comes out. I've patched other ROMs with it, but seems to not like my Diamond ROM.
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike of Paris View Post
Hey guys, it might be off topic, but I seem to have trouble patching a diamond rom using NUPS. I figure I should get this problem taken care of before this hack comes out. I've patched other ROMs with it, but seems to not like my Diamond ROM.
This is off topic, but it's not working because your Diamond ROM is probably corrupted(Bad ROM). You should try downloading a different ROM from a different site.
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Misterious Lucario
Unhatched Egg

You're putting a lot of effort into this... I can already foresee the success this hack is going to have
As for scripting, I'm pretty positive you're going to handle it as soon as Spiky releases SDSME's next version.
Can't wait to see how Rustboro will look like :D
Keep going!
Old June 8th, 2013, 02:09 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

How far does the first demo go up to? I'm guessing Dewford?
Old June 9th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Lord Natural Harmonia Gropius
Pokemon HGSS Researcher

Nature: Relaxed
1 Day Till release.Can't wait =)
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:57 AM
mikefromto

it is :O omg that just made my day
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:33 PM
HackChu
I need a haircut...

Nature: Modest
We'll see. I somehow doubt it will come tomorrow but I've been wrong before.

Can't wait.

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Great. As all you said. Today is release. Finally I can play RSE on my 3DS
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:35 AM
ZakTheManaic
Zak The Awesome Maniac

Nature: Brave
I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME! I love the Hoenn series and I hope u don't stop cause i will play this one!

Old June 10th, 2013, 05:36 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
We'll see. I somehow doubt it will come tomorrow but I've been wrong before.

Can't wait.
I think you may be right..
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:12 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

Just downloaded it :D
I'll leave feedback tomorrow
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
To where going First Demo?

And I have a question. Can I use your WALLY backsprites to my Pokemon Ruby Renovation Hack?
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:49 PM
mikefromto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanice42 View Post
Just downloaded it :D
I'll leave feedback tomorrow
where is the download link?
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Mees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromto View Post
where is the download link?
You can find the download link on the official spanish forum.
Below the first post.
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

Here is my review on the game so far:
Overall, the game is great for a start!!

However, there are some things to fix:
-When walking in the overworld, sometimes the tiles get a little buggy (it gets a little staticky)
-Some of the tree sprites have a strange black box under them.

Things I hope to see in future updates:
-Being able to go inside the houses that are not accessible at the moment.
-Professor Birch being implemented
-Player and Rival's house being changed to look like the original RS games.
-Changing the rival to May.
-Adding the player's battle sprite.
-Littleroot Town and Oldale Town music updates.
-Lastly, I'd like to see new Brendan overworlds, because as I've said before, the ones being used in the current version are being used in many other projects. I've created my own rendition if you want to see them.
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:07 PM
mikefromto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mees View Post
You can find the download link on the official spanish forum.
Below the first post.
do you mind linking me i can't seem to find it
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromto View Post
do you mind linking me i can't seem to find it
I may be wrong, but I think the original download was removed from this forum for a reason..
However I'm not completely sure.
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:13 AM
NathanT
Unhatched Egg

Working well on R4DS but what the guy a few posts above said is all true. Great hack though! Keep up the good work! Cant wait to play the full game!

Noticed that when you give Nurse Joy your Pokemon to heal, your sprite changes back until she stops talking to you.
youtube.com/watch?v=pRX676r890w&

Last edited by NathanT; June 12th, 2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:35 AM
ZakTheManaic
Zak The Awesome Maniac

Nature: Brave
Ya I played a little bit of it when you get to the first town you can walk right through the thing in the middle. Also after you talk to your rival (needs changed to may) what do you do after that cause i was clueless. Just trying to point out things that need changed.

Old June 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanT View Post
Working well on R4DS but what the guy a few posts above said is all true. Great hack though! Keep up the good work! Cant wait to play the full game!

Noticed that when you give Nurse Joy your Pokemon to heal, your sprite changes back until she stops talking to you.
youtube.com/watch?v=pRX676r890w&
That's because not all the frames were changed.
Also, when you walk down/south, Brendan's backpack strap flips horizontally on one of the frames. Hopefully that gets fixed.

Oh yeah, here are the sprites that I've been talking about. (The one's that I made)

The top one is my own rendition of what I think a RS remake would look like, the bottom is just his og RS attire.
Old June 12th, 2013, 05:45 PM
pokemaster103

can you all please SHUT UP about changeing the rival to may and makeing it more like ruby and sapphire if you want a exact clone go on ebay or amazon and get the game they didn't use the same characters in black and white 2 and that was still vary popular
so stop complaining about how it needs to be more like ruby and sapphire this is my opinion you should keep the rival the same and don't make it a clone no matter what people say don't make a clone *edit i know black and white 2 are seaquils and i know i spelled that wrong but the idea still applys and sorry for ranting but the complaining just annoys me SO MUCH again sorry for the rant

Sadly pokemon dark illusions is no more pm me if you think i should remove the banner
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM
jordanice42
The True Brendan Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster103 View Post
can you all please SHUT UP about changeing the rival to may and makeing it more like ruby and sapphire if you want a exact clone go on ebay or amazon and get the game they didn't use the same characters in black and white 2 and that was still vary popular
so stop complaining about how it needs to be more like ruby and sapphire this is my opinion you should keep the rival the same and don't make it a clone no matter what people say don't make a clone *edit i know black and white 2 are seaquils and i know i spelled that wrong but the idea still applys and sorry for ranting but the complaining just annoys me SO MUCH again sorry for the rant
um... i wasn't complaining, i was just posting errors and suggestions on what should be fixed.
But either way, there can, and there should be new features in this project as you said, but one thing that should always stay the same in a remake of a Pokemon game are the original characters. I mean, you didn't see Game Freak remove Blue or Silver from FRLG or HGSS and replace them with Wally for example. Also, mikelan already plans on adding May either way.
And yeah, black and white 2 weren't meant to be remakes of black and white, so i don't see how the ideas still applies. Sorry for the wordy explanation by the way, no hard feelings.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links