The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
With your statement, I was thinking of a triple threat battle o_o It may be a battle of speed, but defenses may still be in place. They may surprisingly have the same base speed, too.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:14 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
More rival battles perhaps?
There will be at least three with each, I daresay, during the storyline. With eight Gyms, in fact, they could get away with four. However, that would be TOO frequent; they'd be better off spacing three into the storyline in places. That way we get to see each starter in each of its three forms, and post-E4 we can have the uber-duper battle with Lv.65 Pokémon or somethink.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:28 PM
CynicalGiant
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musica View Post
Each starter is weak to the other sounds good.

Grass-Dark
Fire-Psychic
Water-Fighting

The only thing that would make this better (even if it is repetitive) is to have two rivals again!
I always prefer dual typed starters and pokemon in general. I like covering as many types as possible on my teams.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:35 PM
razzbat
dancer

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
There will be at least three with each, I daresay, during the storyline. With eight Gyms, in fact, they could get away with four. However, that would be TOO frequent; they'd be better off spacing three into the storyline in places. That way we get to see each starter in each of its three forms, and post-E4 we can have the uber-duper battle with Lv.65 Pokémon or somethink.

Cyclone
yeah that does sound good, 2 rivals you battle 3 times before the elite 4, it gets annoying when you have to battle rivals too frequently.
but man, the types do sound too good to be true. grass/dark and fire/psychic? freaking awesome. I can't imagine that they would be announcing the whole starter's evolution line so early though. I mean with bw the final form of the starters weren't shown until the game was released.

raspberrybat
BLACK FC: 0132 0783 1389
SOUL SILVER FC: 5414 0665 8930

Old January 15th, 2013, 10:37 PM
CynicalGiant
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzbat View Post
yeah that does sound good, 2 rivals you battle 3 times before the elite 4, it gets annoying when you have to battle rivals too frequently.
but man, the types do sound too good to be true. grass/dark and fire/psychic? freaking awesome. I can't imagine that they would be announcing the whole starter's evolution line so early though. I mean with bw the final form of the starters weren't shown until the game was released.
Maybe giving us more information straight up would increase the amount of hype generated, thus giving them more sales?
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I hope Chespear looks better and has a better movepool than Shiftry because Grass/Dark is a pretty cool typing. Lots of weaknesses, lots of resistances.

Also this suddenly became relevant. It's Water/Fighting time.

Spoiler:
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Forever

I don't really believe it. A lot of this stuff used to circulate in B/W and only a quarter of it was true, not saying that this can't be correct but I honestly think it's too early for any of this (given that it's meant to be revealed this week...?) I mean, the starter evolutions in Generation 5 were only revealed about about a month or even less before the games came out. I know GF can break patterns and such, but really, there's 10 months to go, they've got to space themselves out a bit really.

But yeah I wouldn't mind if it was true, I just somewhat doubt it.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:46 PM
The_Mew

The names seem pretty legit, s bit dissapointed by the regions name, although i dont know if thats the international or japanese only name
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
The names do seem pretty real...

I like the name Froabanet, it rolls off the tongue.

I suppose it's possible that game freak might be attempting to do something like what they do with super smash bros (with the dojo) and keep giving us tidbits of info.
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
If this is real, I'd be pretty happy and might change my mind about who I'll pick. I've always wanted a Grass/Dark starter and Chespin's evolutions names sound the best. Plus Fire/Psychic seems like the best typing for Flannec and Fernox . Anything that's not Fire/Fightning is fine by me though. lol. So hopefully this is right cause I want another Grass/Dark type besides Shiftry.

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
The starts look fine; it's the legendary pokemon's names that look... weird to me; I mean, Private railway steel / Dereyn? Is that like... a pokemon that resembles trains? Runaseki rock / Lunyrite, and Sikasso flame / Stapyre... Lunyrite and Stapyre sounded related to me at first, but.... idk. Eh, I'm not sure if I would call this real; it's possible, but, iiiit just sounds a little off.xD

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Zupplu
Hey Listen! ~Navi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Zupplu
I don't really believe it, I never really buy into those things. But if true, i'd be cool with it.

E M M E R Y N
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:37 AM
The_Consumer

Grass/Dark is a nice typing for a starter. I'm really looking forward to these games >.>
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Superfox

I'm gonna chime in and say that this is probably fake. And I want it to be fake. I'd rather not have a subtype trio at all. Plus, if they're going to make Froakie's evos Water/Fighting, then why not just make Poliwag the water starter.
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:09 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Then y charizard is not a legendary pkmn? Moltres is also fire/flying... XD
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfox View Post
I'm gonna chime in and say that this is probably fake. And I want it to be fake. I'd rather not have a subtype trio at all. Plus, if they're going to make Froakie's evos Water/Fighting, then why not just make Poliwag the water starter.
That's a really hollow argument there are heaps of Pokemon with the same types as starter Pokemon. Swampert/Wishcash/Gastradon/Palpitoed ,Bulbasaur line/ Bellsprout line, Bulbasuar line/ and Oddish line i think that is it an either way Poliwag is amazing and everyone would be lucky if it was a starter.

I will feel very at home with a Water/fighting type so I would be very happy if this turns out to be true.

It would be like Poliwrath number 2, as you guys can imagine Poliwrath is a Pokemon that i have and will continue to use many times.

Fire/psychic I'm not that excited about I'm really not that huge of a psychic types i like a few but not one of my favorite types.

Grass Dark I'm pretty excited about i think it is a pretty decent type layout i have used Cacturne and i was a fan so I'm pretty happy in general.

But as you guys can imagine i will go Froakie

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.

Last edited by Polizard; January 16th, 2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:40 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I wouldn't mind if it was true, but it may be fake. We'll have to wait for actual confirmation from Nintendo/ Game Freak to be 100% sure.

☆ 3DS Code: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Tomodachi Life

☆ Currently playing: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pokémon X and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Nature: Calm
Too good to be true, sadly. xD

'Cause here's the thing, the name "Fernox" is already trademarked by some other company for their cleaning products, so that does prove that it only made up and made so that fans would be fooled by something like that, 4chan is like that with their image boards.

I would've been speculating something like "Psyfennic" for Fennekin's final evolution rather than "Fernox".

But ah well, let's see what they'll reveal later on in the year, I think it's too soon for The Pokémon Company to reveal the information about the final evolutions, 'cause they usually reveal the final evolutions after they've shown many features in the game as well as the other new Pokémon that are going to be in the game. We've got until October 2013, it's a looooong time before they ever get to release the game, so to keep the excitement up, they wouldn't reveal that stuff too soon, otherwise if they reveal everything too soon... it keeps the excitement down. xD

Yep, way too soon for the final evolutions. But that won't stop us speculating. :P

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
If theyre correct for the starters, my prediction was spot on. ;:

Old January 16th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
What makes me doubt this at the most is that all of this information about new Pokémon, specifically the legendary Pokémon, are said to be revealed within this week. If that's so, then that's a lot of new information to put out with nine months left to go. Information that is usually revealed at a much later time.

But going with it, it seems too good to be true. The starter names I like a lot, and the typing for each of them are pretty spot on to what many are speculating them to be. Which is why it would seem easy to fabricate something like this.

I like the idea of a Finch Pokémon, and based on the English names, they're definitely a play on the theory about the genetics theory and basing the forms off of the male and female chromosomes.

What bugs me is that from the list of the new legendary types, Fire and Rock seem to be used twice. I mean, I could see them trying to go for a triangular balance, but to use the same two types for two separate legendaries, and make a possible second trio like in Gen V, seems a bit... much? Also, not too keen on a railway or train Pokémon. I keep picturing Season 4 of Digimon with this idea.

I suppose time will only tell, but if it turns out true, I won't be opposed to it. I'm liking what I see, just doubtful for now.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
.. .______.

I'm...not quite sure how to react to a Grass/Dark type, though it sounds like it would be a neat thing. But like Shivi has already said, a lot of this stuff seems a bit...off.

I guess, blame me for skimming a bit too much on this, but once I read "train Pokemon" on the second page of this thread, my heart kind of sank. I really do hope that part isn't true. u_u It seems....unlikely...

And the legendary Pokemon....eh. As a whole, I'm kind of speechless, and I'm unsure of whether or not I would consider this pleasing news. I'd rather wait for something official to either confirm or deny this, I suppose~
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Cordelia
LIMITLESS

Nature: Bold
I cannot contain my excitement at this (possible) leak! I really like everything I'm seeing here... especially Fire/Psychic! I like being weak/strong against the other starters :33 Makes things much more interesting. AND THE TRIOS OMG! Can't wait n__________n

*fangirl*

Seraph Robe

Elixir

House of Ylisse

Loyalty, Strength, Honor.

Old January 16th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Shiny Bidoof
On fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
'Cause here's the thing, the name "Fernox" is already trademarked by some other company for their cleaning products, so that does prove that it only made up and made so that fans would be fooled by something like that, 4chan is like that with their image boards.
That's pretty funny. I've heard people say that the new legendaries' names sound like antidepressants.

Back OT, I always play water as my starter, but I might end up going grass this time around. Dark>water IMO.
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamako-chan View Post
The seconds types are also a type-triangle. So each starter would be strong and weak against each other at the same time. Pretty cool!
Not quite, unless they change Psychic -> Dark immunity.
But if it's true then banzai, finally not Fire/Fighting starter...
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
I hope this is fake because:

1) Chespin looks nothing like it could evolve into a Grass/Dark type, more like Grass/Ground

2) Dark and Psychic were formally special-based moves, and all the other secondary types in the past were formally physical-based, which makes it a pattern

3) Dark/Pyschic/Fighting is an unbalanced type cycle because Dark is immune to Psychic, unlike Grass/Fire/Water, where all three can hit each other supper effectively and not very effectively even as dual types

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links