The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Will you Pre-Order?
Yes 39 79.59%
No 10 20.41%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
If they have some cool extra like the two lugia and oh-ho statues for ss/hg I will but if not then I won't since when b2/w2 came out I thought they would sell out quick so when I got up early to buy it but when I got there only one copy was sold so I don't think I have to worry about them flying off the shelves.
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:19 AM
BlockedHeart
Pokemon Master

Nature: Brave
Everyone had about a six month jump on me for both B/W and B2/W2... It sucks! Being a major Pokemon fanboy, having the games on day one seems like a must! My birthday's coming up at the end of February, if they have the games available for preorder by that time, and I get a free gift with it... Then Definitely.
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Unless it is cheaper than the retail price (which it actually looks like it is, but even then) I won't. I haven't for any pokemon game yet, and I'll buy it from the store once I actually have time.
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
The only other time I pre-ordered a Pokémon game was HeartGold and SoulSilver a couple of months before their release date. Which, I'll be honestly, I really only did it to get the Lugia and Ho-oh figurines. The area I live in, Pokémon isn't a big thing, so there's no worry about my local GameStop or Wal-Mart not having them in stock on release day. I may consider pre-ordering X and Y for my sister and I, but if not, I'll still go in the store and purchase it the day they comes out. We'll see what happens from now and nine-eight months later.
Old January 20th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave
I'm just gonna wait till the day it comes out so I can pick myself up a copy. I won't preordering it because I don't wanna go through what I went through when B/W were released. It was a nightmare.

So yeah. When the day comes, I'll be driving to my nearest GameStop and getting a copy. \o/
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:33 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

This is only the second time I've actually considered pre-ordering a Pokemon game, with the first being White 2 (which I decided against, as there was no pre-order bonus, which was a bit of a let down). As it is, I don't own a 3DS at this point, which I'll obviously need to get before I buy X/Y. If I do have a 3DS by October and there happens to be a bonus, I probably will pre-order the game, as I've never had a Pokemon game on day 1, even though I've been playing the games back to the originals. If there isn't any extra for pre-ordering, I might just buy it after it comes out, or even hold off for a little bit to hear some game reviews.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:32 AM
TheLegendaryMew
Pokemon X and Y October 2013!!

Nature: Gentle
Well I won't be pre-ordering it myself but my mum will be Seen as my birthday is in October she will get it for my birthday :D Best birthday present ever! :p

Every beginning has an end and every end has a beginning...so are we just going round in an infinite loop?

Waiting for Pokemon X and Y to come out now can't wait :D

Pokemon X and Y forums! Discus!!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdi...d227b721&f=256

Team Fennekin :D
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:50 AM
Oshakpop

I'm gonna wait until the price is down to like £25 then pre-order. Amazon usually has those days where is goes down a lot, so I will then. If not, I'll probably just end up buying it anyway if it gets to like a week before and it's not cheap yet haha!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:53 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Nope, given my mother is very strict.

Since they won't be released in time for my birthday (me being on October 1st) I'll probably get them for Christmas like I did with Black 2 and White 2.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old January 21st, 2013, 03:01 AM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Hmmm.. if there is a bonus then yes. But I won't pre-order online it'll be in store just because I'm a bit wary on trusting the postal service, I'd rather just go pick it up myself. Plus depends on price ;)
But either way I must have it on Day 1.

Old January 21st, 2013, 04:18 AM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
For me, it'll depend on three things: the amount of money I have at the time, and the offers, and the price. I remember with Black and White I pre-ordered both, but I ended up buying both in HMV, because they were giving away 3DS carry cases and action figures, and since it was the same price, I figured why the hell not? I tend to go with the cheapest option, unless there is barely any difference between the online price and store price, in which case I'll buy it on the day, because I hate waiting for my games to get to me; I'm not a very patient person. But if there is a good offer on for them - like buy it somewhere and you get a cool little action figure or something - chances are I'll buy it from whoever offers it. I like to keep my options open and hunt around a bit.
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:43 PM
Bey-Heart
Unhatched Egg

I usually don't pre-order games because I'm always broke. I always have to wait a month or few to get the games (Although I got Platinum and Soul Silver immediately after launch.) For once it actually looks like I'll be able to pre-order, so I'll probably be taking advantage of the opportunity. Also, my local GameStop always sells out on the first day, so it's worth it. Right now I'm just hoping that the bonus will be really cool (Example: The Giratina statue that came with Platinum).
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:37 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Hmm, I guess it's to expensive now. Maybe after a few weeks before the release they'll probably lower the price. Though I still have to get a Nintendo 3DS so I guess I won't pre order it. :3
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:24 AM
TheLegendaryMew
Pokemon X and Y October 2013!!

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sρεcтяα View Post
For me, it'll depend on three things: the amount of money I have at the time, and the offers, and the price. I remember with Black and White I pre-ordered both, but I ended up buying both in HMV, because they were giving away 3DS carry cases and action figures, and since it was the same price, I figured why the hell not? I tend to go with the cheapest option, unless there is barely any difference between the online price and store price, in which case I'll buy it on the day, because I hate waiting for my games to get to me; I'm not a very patient person. But if there is a good offer on for them - like buy it somewhere and you get a cool little action figure or something - chances are I'll buy it from whoever offers it. I like to keep my options open and hunt around a bit.

You probably wont be buying in HMV anymore...they have gone into administration and most likley shutting down lol

Every beginning has an end and every end has a beginning...so are we just going round in an infinite loop?

Waiting for Pokemon X and Y to come out now can't wait :D

Pokemon X and Y forums! Discus!!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdi...d227b721&f=256

Team Fennekin :D
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:29 AM
CatchingALevel7Mew
Mew

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to CatchingALevel7Mew
I'll Preorder Pokemon X for sure
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I'm going to purchase the game regardless, but I usually pre-order when I have the spare cash.
Old January 31st, 2013, 09:50 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Nope not really.Next year i will be in senior high school and the store is just across the street.After the lesson ends i can go there and get it on the same or the next day providing that i have the money AND the 3ds.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Tielur

Nature: Jolly
TBH I don't think It'll get sold out. Pre-order promotions last a little wile and they are just events and im pretty sure you don't actually need a pre order to get them. Also I got Genesect with Black 2 and it broke the game So I don't want to miss out on a legendary I might not be able to get later, then again if i use it, game = broken.
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:23 PM
IWearHatsIndoors
They're comfy and easy to wear

Nature: Lax
I love looking out for what different shops offer for preordering the games with them. As of late (in my opinion anyway) we haven't really had great pre-order bonuses for pokemon, or at least here in the UK anyway. They gave away 2 different DS cases for Black/White and Black/White 2, however I remember that they had molded figurines of Ho-Oh and Lugia with the releases of HG/SS

What do you hope to get with the pre-order bonus with X and Y? I'll be hoping for a molded figure of some sort but I'm kind off betting that we'll be getting another case/sleeve type thingy.

(Also actual knowledge of these bonuses instead of speculation would be very much appreciated!!)
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:48 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

We know of no bonuses yet. Probably better to bring up the subject once something is known.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 31st, 2013, 05:15 PM
Imperator161

I don't think I'll bother to pre-order. I've never had problems getting games at release (the only time I recall having trouble getting them was with Crystal, and that wasn't too problematic), so I figure I can get games quickly again. Plus, I probably won't have time to play the games at release, so I'm not in a rush to get them. I'll probably either get them in a store or, more likely, order them from Amazon once they've been released.
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
I'll pre-order when i move and get a little more money. i'm not in any rush
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM
Skylands

Nature: Calm
I would like Kaiyodo Pokémon figures, similar to the ones GameStop gave out for Platinum and HG/SS of Giratina origin forme and Ho-Oh/Lugia.
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:04 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Figure, definitely a figure

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here