Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:36 AM
The Green Man
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
He, I was just wondering (and to help my deck) if anyone knew what mostly suffered at the hands of Grass Pokemon? There don't seem to many who suffer the wrath of Grass. :-)

Thanks
- The Swordleaf Philosophy -
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Renpuu
Gengar !

When I was playing 4 Terrakion deck, Shaymin EX would beat up on my Terrakion X_X
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:54 AM
The Green Man
Unhatched Egg

lol 4 Terrakion packs a hell of a punch. :-D
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Renpuu
Gengar !

They were my ONLY Pokemon in my entire deck. The original strategy was to use EXP share as energy acceleration so when one is KO-ed, you can move fighting energy over to another Terrakion. But once "Tool Scrapper" was printed, you can easily discard opponents tool cards to their discard pile. So the deck was no longer viable.
Shaymin EX is probably the only grass Pokemon currently which is used frequently in tournaments.
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:04 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

In recent past formats Shaymin Lv. X, Leafeon Lv. X, Jumpluff (from HGSS), and Vileplume (from HS Undaunted) were viable (though Vileplume was only useful as a support card, not as an attacker), but those four cards are now rotated out for official play. You most certainly can use them for casual play with friends, however.
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:14 PM
The Green Man
Unhatched Egg

Thanks. I get the feeling (and from playing) that Grass don't have the most potent punch.
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:14 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

It's kind of been neglected for most of the TCG's existence.
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Renpuu
Gengar !

Also there have been many formats that Fire decks have been really popular such as Reshiram/Emboar and Reshiram/Typhloison, so running grass decks is pretty much a no-go due to weakness. Instead people would run some water variant to counter them !
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM
The Green Man
Unhatched Egg

Fair do. I myself like the Grass type above all else so I will use them as much as I can. I use other types in the deck to help back them up. The system works well and the Water allies are a real pain for my fire opponent.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here