The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Have your Pokémon ever been infected with Pokérus?
Yes 31 75.61%
No 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:04 AM
Correspondence

Advertise here
For those who don't know when a Pokémon has the Pokérus, it gains double the effort values from battling and the infected Pokémon can infect other Pokémon.It can be caught when battling or catching wild Pokémon with a chance of 3 in 65,536.

My Pokémon got infected in my Ruby after battling a wild Electrike.At the time i didn't even know what is was.I realized later that i was really lucky to get infected.So, my question is were you lucky enough to get the Pokérus in any game?If so what was your reaction to it?
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The first time I came across Pokérus was in Ruby, but I never fully understood what it was. The next time I caught it was in Platinum and I spread it over to HG/SS.

Old January 21st, 2013, 10:42 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I have had this happen; in fact I know there's a Tyrogue somewhere in one of my Pokemon games still with Pokerus. I attempted to pass it on, but for whatever reason it didn't work so I decided to box it until I knew what to do with it. I should probably now find it and use it to infect my team. I didn't realise how rare Pokerus was either, wow!

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:48 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Yeah, it was in Platinum when I was healing my Pokemon so I had to look it up and thought it was pretty cool.

Old January 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I have read about it, so far it hasn't any of my Pokemon in any games.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - 1/8 - game: X
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Yes omg. It was in my Japanese Black 2 and I noticed it too late for it to be passed on. :( And the first time I had it was in gen III when someone traded me a Pokemon with it.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
GenuineCorruption
Unhatched Egg

Sadly, never. That said, I've only ever encounterred two shinies in a bunch of years as well, one on leaf green and the other on an essentials game.
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I got it in Sapphire but didn't understand what it was, but now I have it in Pearl and it's pretty much the only thing keeping me from restarting my game.
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:25 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
My first unfortunate encounter with Pokerus was in HeartGold. I bought the game used, and it never occurred to me that I couldn't save over the old file with the new one (even though it tells you that when starting), so I went along my merry way. Only about 45 minutes in, I was training at the bottom of Route 46, when I faced a wild Geodude. I decided I wanted to catch it just so I didn't only have one Pokemon, and sure enough, I was told at the Pokemon Center that it had Pokerus. After finding out that I couldn't save, and that Pokerus was 267% rarer than finding a shiny, I was pretty angry.

Fast forward to last month when I started White 2, and I was lucky enough to find a Magnemite that had Pokerus in Virbank Complex. I was lucky enough to get my entire party infected, yet get it to the box before everyone was cured.
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:41 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

I had my first case of Pokerus in Emerald. Really, I went all crazy and was super happy. But- I never decided on using my Marill (The one with Pokerus), so it just stayed in my PC forever. I think I might have gotten worried that if Marill fainted, I'd lose it, so I never used him.

Besides, doesn't the Macho Brace do exactly what Pokerus does? Pokerus doubles EV gained from Pokemon battles, and so does the Macho Brace, right?
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:26 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

My buddy got it and sent it to me right away. Ahaha we made a deal that when one of us gets the Pokerus, we'd spread it across our games and send it to each other. It's really convenient! I love it!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I've never even heard of Pokerus until I got my Heart Gold game. I also highly doubt my Pokemon were infected with it.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:12 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

My first PKRS (in game initials) was in emerald. about a dozen of my pokemon have the smiley near their name due to it. I have since learned what it is and recently one of my pokemon contracted it. I spread it to most of my pokemon and have about 260 pokemon with the virus active in the PC. It helps SOO much in EV training. If anyone wants some, hmu.

Regards, Chris

I found my first shiney recently too. Its been a good couple weeks.
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:46 AM
piefara
human

about a 0.0000000000000000001% chance of this happening but i've got a shhiny pokerus but unfortunitly its a pidgey from white forest
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:07 AM
Seki
You idiot!

I felt that Pokerus is so easy to get cos I always get it on every game. Still can't believe that its actually rarer than Shiny Pokemon, cos I only found one legit random encounter one.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:14 AM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
I've had this happen to me several times , though most of the time it was cause someone trade me a Pokemon with it. Though I think the only it happened legitly to one of my Pokemon was in Heartgold, but it never got the chance to infect other Pokemon.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:17 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

I don't really remember my first encounter. The first time I was aware of it was Pokemon White.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:02 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I cannot recall my first Pokemon to have Pokerus but I know it happened to me a lot in Black.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:42 AM
Starry Windy
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I got the first Pokerus in Ruby when catching a certain Solrock in Meteor Falls, but since I don't understand how it works back then, I restart the game. The next time I got Pokerus was when I'm battling on my way to Undella Town in my Pokemon White play-through.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:32 AM
wygar
Unhatched Egg

heartgold.
was happy but it wasn't much of a big deal since i already knew about it way before ever getting the virus.
from there on i always offered ppl the chance to get my pokemon infected before trading. didn't hurt to do it (especially when breeding) and it came in handy for many of them =)
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

I got it only once in one of my Emerald games. I clearly remember it being a Sableye I caught in the lower levels of Granite Cave near Dewford Town. As I didn't know much about the Pokerus at first, I got curious as to why the nurse at the Pokemon Center was saying some stuff about small life forms attached to my Sableye, so I looked it up and happily found out. I then spread it to all my party Pokemon and dropped the original carrier into the PC. I think I restarted the game or lost the save file though..that encounter was about 2 years ago. Never encountered any other Pokerus-infected Pokemon since.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Arlo

I got amazingly lucky and got Pokerus in.... one of the gen 3 games. I'm not sure now which one it was in, since I traded infected pokemon out of it and into the rest of the games back when I was still playing them a lot, so now I've got it in all of them. But it was extremely lucky - even beyond the statistics of it.

I had just defeated the E4, and the credits rolled and then it saved and reset to the title screen. I restarted the game and was in the starting town. And I didn't have anyone with Fly with me, and there's no PC in the starting town. So I was going to have to walk to the next town, through the grass on the first route, to get to a PC, get a Flyer and get anywhere else.

I actually considered using a repel, just to keep the level 2s at bay, but decided that was stupid. It's not as if they'd be anything but a minor annoyance anyway, and the route's short. As it turned out, I encountered and battled one Zigzagoon (that's right - it was a Zigzagoon, so it must've been Ruby or Sapphire or Emerald), then went on to town and into the PC and found out my pokemon had caught Pokerus.

Thank you little Zigzagoon...
Old January 25th, 2013, 01:03 PM
MegamanDX
Pokemon/Megaman fan

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to MegamanDX
Once but I cheated to get it....

So I voted no...
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:17 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
I have seen Pokerus more than I have captured shinies. Once on a now lost Ruby cartridge, a few more times on the GTS but there's really no telling where those strains were from, once in Prism, and again in Black.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!

Last edited by The Corrupt Plague; January 29th, 2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Extra Comma
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Kitrigar
Obnoxious Trainer

I've actually gotten PKRS on all the game I've run through. Well, mainly because I spend 100+ hours on each of them, lol.
I don't get shinies as often though. I think shinies just hate me.

Played Pokemon since '98.
Craziest Asian you'll ever find.
Flautist, Violinist and Pianist.
Music and video games make my life.
OST's are the best.
Platinum Club Nintendo member.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here