The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old January 24th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
Want to learn sexy background technique! ;_;

Also, how will the Pokemon we have now and collect later develop moves wise? You've identified that we'll stumble upon TMs but can they learn move tutor or additional egg moves as well? And how about starting moves for evolved Pokemon that are only accessible by relearning forgotten moves in the games?
There will be tutors in some chapters and maybe if you make really really good capture posts (I mean amazing) or get a pokémon in some special way in a chapter, it'll be able to have an egg move when I present its moveset to you.

Capturing pokémon, I've left completely open for you, so the thing I put up as a challenge will be to have to follow the moves that I give to the pokémon upon capture or leveling up ;) Wouldn't be fun if you controlled everything by yourself, would it~?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Bastian View Post
Well, darnit. This RP looked like a ton of fun, but with the full player count -and- Ninjadude grabbing my Quilava before I got to make a post here, I suppose that's it :P Although, if a spot opens up, and the Quilava isn't snatched away, give me a poke and I'm here in a heartbeat.
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign. View Post
Will probably have the RP Sample up by later today, after I finish this math homework... I had such a difficult time trying to figure out what type of character to make. Snobby? Shy? Sophisticated? Other various S words? Eventually I settled on Milo >___>

Ah well. Should be good enough to develop and have some fun with.

I know ~ I don't know who did it (found through image search...) but it is perfect. Narrow, but perfect. Hilbert is so photogenic... xD
Looking forward to reading your RP sample!

Yes, indeed. I initially reserved him for myself but I figured the BW2 character fit the personality I had in mind better ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
I'm probably going to recycle Madalyn Martinez (the character I made in MAO, since I didn't flesh her out as much then) and just work on my RP sample today or tomorrow. Should have it by then. :D
Lovely, can't wait!
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
This sounds excellent. I don't suppose there are any more spots?
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Quote:
Rule 5 - There are 0 spots open at the moment.!
Not now, I'm afraid. :] Thanks for your interest though!
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
I feel really bad about this buuuuut...

Is anyone interested in the Sinnoh female avatar and would like to trade (if allowed)? I rushed my decision as a result of cementing my reservation and I'm not sure if I'm happy with the avatar I selected. If anyone wanted to play as the Sinnoh female, this would be your chance.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'll trade with you if you don't mind the BW female~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I'll trade with you if you don't mind the BW female~
If it's a worthwhile trade to you, I'll accept that. If Red's ok with the avatar trade, that is.

Old January 24th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
If anyone's interested in a spot, y'all can have mine (BW2 Female & Bayleef). I realize my activity level isn't good enough for the roleplay since school is literally kicking my toosh. So yeah, Rika, your roleplay is so awesome and I know this is like the second time but uuuuuuuuugh, I must make sacrifices and stuff! :(
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:35 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
I'll need to pull out also, so there's a free spot up for grabs for anyone who wishes to have it. I'm not going to be as active as I planned. Better for the roleplay anyway if they have a roleplayer who'll remain active.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

Nature: Relaxed
I'll take the kanto male and ivysar spot!! :D since Curious has dropped out.

Btw Curious, dope clank sig bro (:
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Lostworld
cosmic castaway

Nature: Brave
Hereeee's mine!

Name: Meredith Hudson
Trainer: Kanto Female
Starter: Wartortle - Egg Move Brine

Personality:
Spoiler:
Meredith is, by nature, a quiet girl, though she comes from a very loud, large and obnoxious family filled with three younger brothers. Filling the role as the oldest sibling, she’s learnt patience and maturity, preferring to complete tasks given to her by herself. She’s an avid reader and a lover of science and has always been interested in the world of Pokemon training but never given the chance until now. With a demanding family, Meredith has learnt to go without certain wishes, with Pokemon training being one of them.

Meredith’s always had a close relationship with a few good friends at the local school. They however all had access to Pokemon from a young age and consequently Meredith found it difficult to connect with them on that level, her family owning no Pokemon at all or having any ties to the training world. Meredith’s main issue is that she has not had the experience many other young trainers may have been given in terms of interacting with Pokemon, training, looking after them etc. She has however read countless books on training (her main source of knowledge) and was able to go visit her friends’ Pokemon prior to the meeting with Professor Pine. She still continues to believe that this is not enough and is quite apprehensive about receiving her partner Pokemon. Meredith is however quite a thinker and it is this trait which led her mother to encourage her daughter to go for this opportunity, believing that she will do well, given her own space away from her family and friends.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:
An alarm clock rang at precisely 8:30am, the small Pidgey that stood guard atop the rosy red clock cooing loudly. Meredith Hudson had always hated the noise. She had already decided that if she ever came across a Pidgey on her journey, she would turn and run, pronto. Rolling over to reach for the snooze button, the young girl blinked a couple of times, getting her bearings before groaning and rolling back over, realising what day it was today. Sun shining, more Pidgey cooing outside, the perfect day for an appointment with a Professor.

It was simply due to the fact that Meredith did not want to appear to be rude or be late for her meeting with the Professor that she’d heard so much about that she pulled herself out of bed and showered and dressed in a record time of fifteen minutes. Her mother had tentatively helped her the day before, packing the essentials in a satchel and pick up a couple of things they could afford to buy (new hat, sunscreen and insect repellent).

It wasn’t long before goodbyes had been said to her teary mother, boisterous younger brothers and proud father and Meredith was out the door. The trip to the Pokemon Center wasn’t all that strenuous. In fact, it was only a block away. Even though she’d lived so close to the main hub of Pokemon activity in Viridian for most of her life, Meredith had never had reason to set foot in the center.

She was amazed at how sterile everything seemed to be and yet at the same time it pulsed with activity from various trainers and their Pokemon settling in for the morning. A group of young boys were fussing over their various bug type Pokemon, common in this area, Meredith knew. Whilst she wasn’t afraid of bugs, she wasn’t overly fond of them either so she stayed clear of their path, making her way to the front desk.

Behind it stood a recognisable figure, one of the many nurses of the Pokemon Center. The nurses who ran the centers throughout Kanto were well known and respected for their hard work and dedication. It wasn’t often that they were unable to help a young trainer out. Sitting on the desk as the nurse shuffled through papers was a small yellow Pokemon, its ears twitching as it scanned the main lobby, its eyes finally coming to rest on Meredith, who approached the nurse and her partner. She’d never seen a Pikachu in person but had heard shocking tales about wild Pikachu in Viridian Forest who zapped unsuspecting travellers, paralyzing them temporarily so they could steal what food they could.

“Uh, hello there,” Meredith said cautiously, catching the nurses attention. The nurse instantly looked up, offering a smile to the girl who looked so out of place.

“Hello! Welcome to the Viridian Center! Can I help you with something?” Her cherry voice was almost sickening but at least she was offering her help. Her Pikachu mimicked her cherry welcoming.

Tightening her grip on her bag, Meredith smiled back. “I have a meeting with Professor Pine, my name’s Meredith Hudson.”

“Ah of course! Just head down the hallway, take the first door on the left. She’s expecting all the new participants,” The nurse pointed towards the hallway to her left, which led to the recovery rooms and the laboratory.

“Thank you!” Meredith quickly nodded her thanks as she turned and made her way to the meeting room.

She passed one recovery room, where only a few Pokemon lay in enclosed beds, their vital statistics being constantly monitored. The first door on the left presented Meredith with a flurry of noise. Through the crack of the open door she could see papers lying everywhere on the floor, a flustered looking woman in a lab coat telling a sorry looking Pokemon she’d never seen before to sit down before he caused any more damage. The Pokémon’s ears dropped slightly, his eyes downcast as the Professor continued to tell him off, scooping up her dropped papers. Meredith cautiously then knocked on the door, opening it as both the Pokemon and the Professor looked up.

“Oh, hello!” Professor Pine straightened up her lab coat and fixed her glasses, which currently sat on the end of her nose. “I hope you didn’t hear all that commotion this little guy caused.”

Embarrassed that she had seen it all, Meredith blushed slightly, saying nothing.

“You must be Miss Hudson, am I correct?” Professor Pine said, referring to a list on the desk.

“Yes, I am. I hope I’m not late?” Meredith questioned, looking down at the Pokemon who was now staring at her with curiosity.

“No, you are right on time! I was just giving this guy his final check over before you came. This, Meredith, is a Wartortle. He’s a Water type Pokemon, the evolution of-“

“Squirtle,” Meredith finished off, kneeling down to the Wartortle’s level. He then became defensive, taking a couple of steps back, shielding himself protectively behind the Professor.

“So you know your typical starters then?” The Professor questioned.

Meredith smiled shyly, standing back up, not wanting to scare the Pokemon. “A little, I’ve never seen one in real life before.”

“They are becoming increasingly rare in the wild,” Professor Pine replied. “I’ll just collect the items I’ve got for you.” She walked to the back of the room to retrieve the items she had set out.

Meredith took this chance to take another look at the Wartortle, having no protector to hide behind this time. She knelt down again.

“Hi, erm, Wartortle,” Meredith was unsure of what to say to the Pokemon. She tried to remember how her friends had talked to their Pokemon. “Just like a normal person,” she mumbled to herself before trying to appear more confident. “I’m Meredith.” Slowly, she held out her hand, as if asking the Pokemon to shake her hand, as a sign of good will.

Wartortle’s sharp eyes snapped from Meredith to her hand and back again as he stood in front of her, as if frozen on the spot. He never reached out for her hand and as the Professor came back to the pair, Meredith stood back up once more, feeling slightly deflated. Actually, a lot deflated. She had just failed her first introduction with a Pokemon. Suddenly, doubts came flooding back. Had she studied enough? Was she even ready for this crazy proposal?

The Professor had seen the look of doubt and terror countless times on a number of new trainers that was now on Meredith’s face and she held back a grin. She knew, once they got out on the road together, they would never look back. Even if both Meredith and Wartortle had doubts, this was what both of them needed.

“I’ve got your trainer license, which will allow you to enter the Pokemon League if you wish to,” Professor Pine handed Meredith a small card, her details printed on it, the cringe worthy picture she’d sent to the Professor earlier in the week slapped on the front. “And here’s your Pokédex – remember to be careful with it, it’s not totally trainer proof!”
Meredith received the classic red electronic device she’d heard so much about. Her mouth dropped. She’d never have imagined she’d be getting one of these amazing devices.

“And finally, here is Wartortle’s Pokeball,” The shiny red and white sphere dropped into Meredith’s hand like it was made to fit. “Wartortle understands his purpose and what you two are going to do together. The trick is, you have to actually do it,” The Professor chuckled, her hands on her hips and she watched Meredith gape in awe of the items she’d received and the Pokemon that now stood at her feet.

Not wanting to stand in this awkward silence for much longer, the Professor ushered the pair out. “Thank you so much for your help Meredith, take care of yourself and Wartortle now! I will be in touch and don’t forget to watch out for the other new trainers that are helping out as well!”

Meredith couldn’t say much before she found herself ushered out, walking autonomously down the hallway, past the front desk, past the bug trainers and out the door, the little Wartortle following her every step. He knew he had to go with his new trainer – he needed her help as much as she needed his but he was scared, above everything.

What if his new trainer was mean? Or what if she didn’t let him eat his favourite food – takeaway noodles? Or what if – this one scared him the most – what if she made him evolve? He shuddered at the thought.

Meredith put her items carefully away in her bag before turning to see Wartortle shudder. She frowned, deciding she better do the talking, otherwise this would be a very long, quiet and boring trip.

“Are you ok? Are you cold?” Meredith subconsciously wondered if Water type Pokemon had a preference for hot or cold water. Wartortle simply shook his head in reply, staring up at his new trainer.

Meredith stared back, before she quickly said “Do you like hot pools?”

Wartortle looked surprised at the questioned, before answering with “Wartortle!” as he nodded in reply, a smile forming on his face that would look almost creepy to most people but to Meredith, it looked like all the signs of a possible friendship with the turtle Pokemon.

“Well that’s quite surprising, I was wondering whether or not Water types had a preference you see, so I thought I’d ask and-“ Meredith stopped herself short, unsure of what she was saying. She wasn’t the rambling type, usually. “Have you eaten lunch yet?” Meredith asked, smiling.

In an instant, Wartortle’s eyes shone with admiration and he almost jumped up and down on the spot. Almost. He was a little too cool for that.

“Why don’t you choose where we eat?” Meredith asked, not knowing that she’d hit the right chord with her new partner Pokemon. Pausing for a second, Wartortle decided that for the moment, he would put his thoughts about evolving and a mean trainer to one side. Wartortle instantly jogged on the spot before leading his trainer down the street towards the nearest takeaway bar.

If there's anything else you need me to do/fix, let me know!

White FC: 0948 6849 1430
Platinum FC: 0046 7494 7185
tumblr.
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Quote:
If it's a worthwhile trade to you, I'll accept that. If Red's ok with the avatar trade, that is. :P
I don't see no reason why not ^^ Just try to finish your SUs as soon as you can, you've already been reserved a couple of days now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
If anyone's interested in a spot, y'all can have mine (BW2 Female & Bayleef). I realize my activity level isn't good enough for the roleplay since school is literally kicking my toosh. So yeah, Rika, your roleplay is so awesome and I know this is like the second time but uuuuuuuuugh, I must make sacrifices and stuff! :(
;_______; ok. It's good that you know how to prioritize, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I'll need to pull out also, so there's a free spot up for grabs for anyone who wishes to have it. I'm not going to be as active as I planned. Better for the roleplay anyway if they have a roleplayer who'll remain active.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!
;___________________; Good luck with life, then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard_Man View Post
I'll take the kanto male and ivysar spot!! :D since Curious has dropped out.

Btw Curious, dope clank sig bro (:
There are some other people who were interested so I'm gonna have to check with them first and then I might let you know if there's a spot left for you :3

@ Breezy. - looks fantastic, loved your RP sample! You are accepted. I hope there'll be some more finished SUs when I come home tonight ;)

EDIT: In case there's anyone else who wants to switch before new RPers jump in with reservations (or if new reservationists want an overview of the situation in the first post now) the stuff now available is:

Ivysaur

Bayleef
Quilava
Croconaw

Combusken

Prinplup

Pignite

... and...

Kanto Male
Johto Male
Sinnoh Male (either D/P or Platinum form)
BW2 Female

Last edited by Adventure; January 25th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old January 25th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

Oh cool, ill just wait my turn no problem (:
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:51 AM
<Challenger>

Ha! You've activated my trap card! Alpha Application! ALPHA SU ACTIVATE!

Name: Hector Ayoba
Trainer: BW 2 Male
Starter: Sword the Dewott - Night Slash

Personality: Hector is very brave. The first thing on his mind is charging in to help anybody, no matter who they are as long as it means getting in some hero time. He isn't overly smart, nor is he overly dumb. He is of average intelligence, so his conversations aren't always the brightest. When he is around girls, he says the most awkwardly sweet things, like "I like your face..." or something of the likes. His awkwardness level is off the charts if you're a girl. He says the strangest things that won't make since. If you're a guy, he'll be just another one of the bros. There is nothing particular about Hector, other than his obsession with proving himself and being a hero.

Hector absolutely hates boring people. The way they drone on drives him nuts. Excitement is always needed. He knows all of the stories of super heroes and fantasy heroes, pokemon heroes and rogue heroes. He could list all of them. Another thing he dislikes is chewing gum. When he sees someone chewing it he'll fix them with a cold, glaring stare. He is somewhat silent if he doesn't know you very well, or if you are someone he doesn't like. If you ask him why he doesn't speak, he'll answer, "Silence is my preferred form of communication." His father was a trainer himself, so Hector vowed that he would be the Pokemon League and become the pokemon master. He has taken that vow to heart and believes every word of it.

Roleplay sample:

I don't know where to begin. I've never been good at this kinda stuff...well crap. I'll just start off with what I ate for breakfast. I had an Oran Berry sandwich. It was pretty good...My mom made it. She's an amazing cook....wait...Crap. Got a little off topic there...well, memory, don't fail me now! (Looks off into the distance and a flashback appears with the dreamy music)

I woke up to a buzzing alarm clock. I shot up and looked at the time. It took a minute for my mind to register it. A little drool was dribbling down my chin. "Dang..." I blinked. "I'M FREAKING LATE!" I got up and pulled some blue jeans on over my bare legs, tossed a white t-shirt on, buttoned a red shirt over my white shirt, and pulled my backpack on. I looked into my mirror and noticed I had unsightly bed head. I couldn't go out in public with that, so I reached over and grabbed a red hat and plopped it down on my head. "There we go. No one shall see the disgrace that is bed head now." I nodded with an affirming look and ran down my stairs, jumping to skip the last four.

"Hey Hector! Where are you going in such a hurry?" My mom asked in an unhurried tone. She held out my breakfast, which I talked about earlier.

"No time mom! Gotta go start my pokemon journey!" I said it as if it was one word and snatched the sandwich from her hand. Eating could wait. Pokemon adventures couldn't.

"Hector, WAIT!" My mom called after me. I didn't stop. Stopping is an excuse for...bleh! Failure is just an excuse for stopping. Me and my forgetting terms...

I ignored her statement and was well down the street to meet Professor Pine at the Pokemon Center with a trail of dust behind me. The world around me was a blur. I was truly running like the wind. All I could say was, "WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" In a loud, unnecessary voice. The lab was approaching fast. If I stopped, I would be sent sprawling. If I didn't stop, I would slam right into the side of the center. Either way is was gonna hurt.

I stopped. It did hurt. I went to the ground in seconds and I was jacked up. I stood up with this awful crick in my back to come face-to-face with Professor Pine. "That wasn't very smooth, young lad." She said with a tsk, tsk voice while wagging a finger.

"He...Hehe...He..." I trailed off. "Yeah....So...Could I have a pokemon?" I asked awkwardly and rubbed the back of my neck with one hand and gave an awkward grin.

"Of course. Follow me." She led me inside the center and gestured to three pokeballs. "These contain Wartortle, Ivysaur, and Charmeleon. Take your pick."

The thought of taking the stage 2 pokemon bamboozled me. "Wait! What about Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charman-?"

"BECAUSE SCREW THEM!" Professor Pine interrupted me. "Ehem. Sorry." She cleared her throat. "Anyways, which one do you want?"

"I'll take Dewott." I said with a little bit of caution. I didn't want to be yelled at again.

She handed me my Pokedex, my pokeballs, and the pokeball that contained Dewott. "Thanks, Professor Pine." With that, I exited the lab.

I waltzed out into Route 1 with a leisurely pace. When I was a good distance in, I released Dewott. "Hello there." It just stared at me. "What's up little bro?" He stirred when I said bro. "Do you wanna be my bro?" He nodded again. "How about Sword?" He nodded again. "So Hector and Sword...original names!" I fist pumped in triumph. We had bro names!

Last edited by <Challenger>; March 24th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

If there are still any free spots left, I would like to reserve the Quilava and the Sinnoh male! I'll begin writing an SU the moment I'll know if the spot is free or not
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I don't see no reason why not Just try to finish your SUs as soon as you can, you've already been reserved a couple of days now.
Don't forget to edit the OP with the avatar update.

Also, I'll have the sign-up done sometime today and at the very latest, tomorrow.

Old January 25th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
EDIT: In case there's anyone else who wants to switch before new RPers jump in with reservations (or if new reservationists want an overview of the situation in the first post now) the stuff now available is:

Ivysaur

Bayleef
Quilava
Croconaw

Combusken

Prinplup

Pignite

... and...

Kanto Male
Johto Male
Sinnoh Male (either D/P or Platinum form)
BW2 Female
So since these are openly available, does that mean my reservation was counted? ;O
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Eh...

You know what, I thought about it, and... to fair for everyone else, think I should give my spot to someone else and concentrate on MAO for now. D=

Sorry for the trouble. ;___;

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:48 AM
<Challenger>

I think I've finished my SU. Anyway I can improve it?
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Ha! You've activated my trap card! Alpha Application! ALPHA SU ACTIVATE!

Name: Hector Ayoba
Trainer: Kanto Male
Starter: Paris the Ivysaur - Petal Dance
Your character is enjoyable and your writing is totally ok, but you didn't really look at the SU sheet or read the story for that matter O.o In this RP, reading the chapter info posts will be rather crucial.

But if you take a look at the whole first post again and try to fix what you got wrong, I'll have another look at it ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Bastian View Post
If there are still any free spots left, I would like to reserve the Quilava and the Sinnoh male! I'll begin writing an SU the moment I'll know if the spot is free or not :P
Certainly! Off you go writing now~

Quote:
Don't forget to edit the OP with the avatar update. :P

Also, I'll have the sign-up done sometime today and at the very latest, tomorrow.
I think I did?

I'll be looking forward to it!

Quote:
So since these are openly available, does that mean my reservation was counted? ;O
No, heretostay and Sir Bastian reserved so there wouldn't be a spot for you, BUT...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Eh...

You know what, I thought about it, and... to fair for everyone else, think I should give my spot to someone else and concentrate on MAO for now. D=

Sorry for the trouble. ;___;
... this means that Charizard_Man can reserve one of the characters that is currently available in the first post! (excluding the stuff that heretostay and Bastian reserved just now, in case you read this before I edit stuff)

Also @ Shawn ;; ok... glad to have you in MAO at least!
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

Shoot so I just barely missed my Ivysaur ); Alright, I'll just edit my already finished SU :p
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:48 AM
<Challenger>

I saw what I did. Haha. Could you review it again?

@Charizard Sorry bout that bro
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

Don't even trip bro hah, I'll reserve Johto Male and Croconaw since they were my second choice anyways.
Old January 25th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I saw what I did. Haha. Could you review it again?

@Charizard Sorry bout that bro
Mmmnope. There's still something you didn't quite catch. I'll give you once more chance to read through the SU sheet in the first post more properly and maybe read mine and Breezy.'s SUs as well to try and spot it? And then I'll only accept you if you promise to not rush your posts and read carefully ;D Because everything else was nice!

Sorry for being so picky, but this was kind of one of the points of having a pretty skinny SU sheet (without history or appearance, I mean) and focus on the RP sample when picking players; to see how a potential player writes and how many liberties they take when following post instructions.

Liberties are good! Contradictions of facts are not ;p

Quote:
Don't even trip bro hah, I'll reserve Johto Male and Croconaw since they were my second choice anyways.
Reserved! I do prefer Totodile and Feraligatr over the middle evo, personally :3 But I hope I'll get to read some nice Croconaw stories from you then and perhaps I'll grow to like it more~
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Nature: Sassy
Got my SU pretty much hammered, so I'm gonna set about doing an RP sample when I'm done work, if all goes well I should have something up tomorrow.
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

e c h o; A KANTO JOURNEY

[Name] Trey Vincent
[Age] Fourteen
[Trainer] Johto Male

[Starter]
Zilla
Croconaw, Male♂
Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Rage, Aqua Jet*

[Personality]

Trey gives off an aura of polite disinterest, mixed with a hint of remoteness. Though well-mannered - required to be so, as the only son of a mother who prides herself in etiquette and the like - he does not particularly like others that make conversation for the sake of conversation, and finds their incessant chatter rather annoying. In interactions with others, he is highly opaque and extremely blunt with his words, preferring not to seem two-faced and not caring about the negative consequences of his frankness; he does not believe in changing oneself simply to gain acknowledgement. Disregarding most - if not all - attempts by his peers to start a friendship, the number of friends he possesses is very small, but he is closely bound to people that are close enough to him to be called as such, and acts as if their interests were his own.

Perhaps hypocritically, however, he loves to ramble on about his own topics of interest. Some are completely normal - he greatly enjoys music, for example, and is somewhat proud of his vocal training, even though he pretends very unsuccessfully otherwise. Other things, however - hobbies that would be considered normal in people that are socially-inept: video games, books, and anime and manga - are not at all characteristic of his appearance, but are also on the list of things he cannot help but rant about.

Because he is fairly able-bodied of frame, Trey excels in athletics and - even though being part of various teams - keeps up his lone wolf mentality. With no need for practice, at least in his mind, he usually skips any practices he could, having instead honed his intellect through a high-quality education from private tutors on a variety of subjects including battle strategy and biology; this manifested itself in his suspension from the basketball team. Despite not being very diligent altogether on errands he has no personal interest in, he understands the importance of each and every undertaking, and is much more mentally active than one would expect, to the degree that he plans obsessively and is rarely caught by surprise by unexpected events.

[roleplay sample]
Spoiler:

She entered the kitchen with a laugh at her son’s antics, she could hear him shuffling through his room for supplies. She was a pretty woman, in her early thirties with raven black hair, crystal blue eyes and a bright pink apron. As she began placing pancakes on the table, the reality of her son leaving on a journey by himself reentered her thought process. She sighed.

‘What if he gets hurt on this journey? What if he gets mixed up with the wrong people? What if this is too much for him? What if… I never see my baby boy again?’

This cloud of negative thoughts plagued her mind to the point of tears that slipped down her soft, pretty face and onto the pancakes. She attempted to wipe away her tears once she heard footsteps approaching her. It was her son, the fourteen year old stood there in his black shorts, red hoodie and signature black hat. However, she failed in her attempt to mask her watery eyes.

“Mom, are you alright?” he asked in a very concerned tone.

“Yes, but it’s just...” she looked down with a sad look in her eyes before fixating them on her worried boy, “It’s just I don’t want you going alone.. I wish you would stay here and be safe, but I know I can’t stop you from doing what you want to... Just, it‘s not going to be easy for you..Trey.” she sighed.

“Mom...” Trey gave his mother a hug and looked up to her with a smile and the energetic, reassuring eyes only a child can have, “I’m not going to be alone, I’m going to have my Pokemon with me. I know this isn’t going to be easy, but I want this, I’ve been waiting for this...”

The conversation seemed to erase any doubt and fear the boy’s mother held in her mind, and she couldn't help but to smile. The doubt she had in her mind stemmed from fear that Trey might not be ready for a journey, but this was proved to be wrong. Her son is more than ready for a Pokemon journey. She smiled, tears at the edge of her eyes as she watched her son stick an entire spoonful of nutella into his mouth and grin with joy.

‘My son.. A Pokemon trainer.’ She giggled at the thought.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

He didn’t know what it was, the music from his headphones or the thoughts about Pokemon training running through his mind, but Trey couldn’t help but do something he doesn't do all that often. He smiled. He was about to get HIS own pokemon, about to start HIS own journey, about to leave HIS footprints all over Pokemon Trainer history!

“HOLD IT!” A demanding, feminine voice yelled out. Trey couldn’t help but fall flat on his face, anime style. He got up and took off his white headphones, leaving them to hang around his neck. The boy froze, trying to process the fact his sworn enemy was walking down the street towards him. The one person in the entire city who could manage to get under his skin, it had to be her. The girl was Connie, his childhood rival and the bane of his existence.

“Where are YOU off to?” The red-haired girl raised an eyebrow at Trey.

The boy sneered over at her, “You think I need to answer to your sorry ass? I ain't telling you jack. And what’s up with your hair? Looks like a Pidgey made a nest in it or something…”

“How dare you!” Connie shrieked, indignant. Trey only smirked and flapped his hand open and closed, impersonating his rival.

“How daaaaare you!” His voice came out whiny and squeaky. Connie proceeded to chase him around the road, her hand bag doubling as a smacking device. Trey may act very mature at times, but he's still fourteen.

“YOU…getting a Pokedex?” Connie proceeded to puff out her cheeks before laughing sadistically after the boy had narrowly escaped the girl's bag of doom. Trey stood there, a completely neutral look on his face and proceeded to walk by the girl until he finally reached the Pokemon Center. He quickly looked over his shoulder to make sure that pest wasn't following him, thank Arceus she wasn't. He didn't particularly want to leave this city behind, but he counted his blessings he would never see her again.

The sliding glass doors slid open and revealed the Viridian Pokemon Center, usually full of Trainers frantically trying to cure their poisoned Pokemon courtesy of the Forest. Fools. They could have easily just bought Antidotes before heading into the Forest.

"Chansey!” a large, egg-shaped, pink pokémon dressed in a striped red and white nurse's outfit cried in a singsong voice right in Trey's face. The boy flinched, but after realizing it was the harmless ball of annoyance that plagued every Pokemon Center he sighed. She jiggled the metal tray clutched in her two hands, making the lone pokeball on it shift around and also causing the nurse's hat on her head to go askew. The boy raised an eyebrow, "Are you trying to give me this?" He pointed slowly at the Pokeball.

"Chansey, Chance!" The normal type yelled with joy, Trey clutched the capsule in his palm and looked down at the shimmering red top. Before he could have any significant thought about his newly acquired Pokeball he was being pushed down the hall of the Pokemon Center by this crazy Chansey. The surprisingly strong Chansey stopped suddenly and left the fourteen year old flat on his face in the middle of a back room.

"Gah! What the hell, stupid Chansey!" Trey rubbed his nose before noticing a pair of white flats, belonging to a woman. His eyes trailed upward slowly before noticing the bright white lab coat and immediately recognized her as Professor Pine. He immediately picked himself up and bowed to show the proper respect, the women laughed.

"No need Mister Vincent," She started before taking a seat at the single table in the room. "Take a seat." Trey didn't hesitate to follow the Professor's instructions, he respected her very much. "I assume Chansey has given you Croconaw." She smiled as she glanced down at the Pokeball in the boy's hand.

"Oh...uh yeah. She did."

"Very well. How about you meet your partner and I'll return shortly with a few things." The professor walked off into another room leaving Trey staring down at the red and white capsule on the table before him. He grabbed it again and pressed the grey sensor on the center of the ball and in a flurry of white sparks there stood a blue beast of a Pokemon. It had red spikes trailing its back and a fearsome jaw with jagged teeth.

"Now there's a frikin' beast if I ever saw one." The Croconaw before him snapped his jaws quickly, "Yo, whatsup my dude. I'm Trey." The teenager raised his fist, but the Croconaw only looked with confusion at the hand before him. "Haha, here," Trey grabbed the tiny blue fist of the pokemon and touched it against his. "This is a fist bump man. And this is to let you know this is the beginning of our championship run." Trey smirked, and the Croconaw let out a cheer.

"Croc!"

"It seems you two have hit it off nicely!" The professor smiled as she sat down. She slid a piece of plastic across the table, it looked like a driver's license at first glance but once inspected further one could easily tell it was a Trainer's Licence. "Check to see if all your information's correct." The professor smiled, and Trey took the opportunity to glance at the information printed on the card. Everything checked out, except that god awful picture. His mother had tried to comb his hair and make him look good for the picture, and would not let him wear his usual hat over it.

"And here is your special tool that will help you along your journey. Your Pokédex, something you should handle with care. Trey was in awe at the device and immediately began toying with the many buttons on it. "Now before we drag this on too long I must take my leave, there are others that need my assistance as well."

"Oh-" Trey clumsily stood up from his chair and smiled as he shook the professor's hand. "Yes. Thank you very much professor!" He smiled as she walked out of the room, and he followed a few minutes after once he was done playing with his new toy. He looked down at the Croconaw tagging along. He had almost forgotten about him.

"Can't believe this is happening. I'm ready." Trey smirked.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here