The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old January 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
I give up. I've been studying this for a while. What did I miss? XP

EDIT: Nvm. I think I found it.
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer Mask View Post
Got my SU pretty much hammered, so I'm gonna set about doing an RP sample when I'm done work, if all goes well I should have something up tomorrow.
Splendid! Looking forward to it. I might be very busy tomorrow though, so maybe I won't look here until sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard_Man View Post
[Name] Trey Vincent
[Age] Fourteen
[Trainer] Johto Male
omgAWD that's a delicious looking SU. I just have to fix mine up, I can't have it looking like that when there's eyecandy like this laying around in this thread.

It's the text that matters, of course ;) but still!

Charizard_Man is accepted!

EDIT: heretostay, it's just the detail that you should meet the professor in the Pokémon Center and not in a lab of hers. The RP sample instruction text said so ^^

The accepted members, check the first post in the IC thread for delicious character profiles :D

Last edited by Doctor; January 25th, 2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Nature: Sassy
It's official, I need to learn how to make awesome looking profiles like that... >.<
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:48 PM
<Challenger>

Ooh! I think I got that one! I did fix it though, after some serious study. Is it too late? (fingers crossed)
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

I was never good with making SUs look pretty, but here's mine anyways!

Name: Adam Jenkins

Trainer: Sinnoh Male

Starter: Quilava (Blair)

Moves: Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember and Flare Blitz

Personality: Growing up with a mother who was hardly there for him, and a father who was hardly any better, but still trying to raise their child properly, has grown Adam into having a respect for his parents while having enough distance to want to become a person of his own. Taking from his parents, he takes great effort in doing things ‘flashily’ and sometimes needlessly complicated to make things seem more grand than they really are.

At first, he might seem stuck-up and eccentric, but it doesn’t take long for you to be able to see past the need for pointless flair and see a generally nice, helpful young boy with his heart in the right place. He has a steeled will, and when he decides to do something, he does whatever he can to pull through with it, despite it seeming to be a failure, which in turn makes him rather stubborn. He enjoys Pokémon, music and everything over-the-top, and he’s actually quite often seen with his beloved violin, either playing on it, or in its case and strapped onto his back.

All in all, Adam is a guy with his heart in the right place, with a love for everything over-the-top, and he can be rather stubborn, which can work out both very well, and very badly for him. He does also have a bit of an obsession with knighthood and being as gentlemanly as he can, which in turn makes him a bit of an airhead around girls.

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:
Taking a deep breath, Adam rested his hands on the window ceil of his room, facing southwards. From where his parents’ house lay, he was able to see quite a lot of the city, as well as the Pokémon center. He tried to calm his nerves, but the excitement had been building up for quite a while. Ever since he had gotten the news of having been picked to get a Pokémon and be a part of this little study of Professor Pine’s, he just couldn’t get his head out of the clouds.

Staring out over the bustling city, he couldn’t help but crack a smile, raising a hand to brush a finger over the small, red stone that was at the end of a leather string, hanging around his neck. “… I’m catching up with you. Better watch out.” He broke into a light grin and tucked the necklace in underneath the scarf hanging down from his neck and stretched out, walking over to his bed to pick up the backpack resting on it, pulling it onto his back, and afterwards making sure that the thin violin case that was strapped to the pack was also safe.

With this secured, he tugged his hat a little down and, with a smile, stepped over to the door to exit his room, giving a last glance at all of his things before taking a deep breath and shutting it behind him. He went through the house and into the living room where his father was watching television. He turned his head as Adam came down and offered him a warm smile.

“Oh, hey Adam. You’re finally off on your adventure, are you?” Adam nodded firmly, a bright grin on his face. “That I am! I can’t wait to get going, though I’m gonna miss everything here. Where’s mom? She said she’d be here to say bye.”
His father cringed a little and got up from the chair he was sitting in, walking around to his son, Adam quickly realizing what this meant. “… She’s not here, is she?” His father hesitated before sighing and nodding. “… Yeah. She had an important casting she had to go to that came quite unexpectedly. But she told me that she’d call you via your X-transceiver as soon as she could.”

Adam nodded again, quickly brushing away the feeling that was now bubbling in his chest and instead gave a bright smile to his dad. “Alright, I’ll be sure to get super far before she manages to call me! And I’ll be looking forward to your calls as well!” His father grinned brightly and nodded, giving his shoulder a light jab, making Adam laugh. “Alright, I’ll be sure to do that. Now go, I bet the Professor is waiting for you. Good luck on your journey, and give ‘em one from your old pa’.” “Yes sir!” Adam said, grinning as he raised his hand to give an exaggerated salute before turning and heading for the door.

It didn’t take long for him to get to the Pokémon center, having run quite a bit of the way due to… well, his excitement. As he entered, the first thing he noticed was Professor Pine standing and chattering with the nurse, a table set up next to her, by the counter. As she noticed Adam, she spoke a final word with the nurse and turned to him, correcting her glasses and smiling. “You must be… Adam. Come along, I bet you’re eager to get started.”

“You bet I am, ma’am!” He said as he stepped up to her, and with an arm brushed in front of him, taking a deep bow, he stood up again, meeting the gaze of the surprised professor with a charming smile. “Adam Jenkins, at your service, ma’am.”
Pine chuckled softly and waved a hand dismissively. “Well well, aren’t you a charming young man. I can assure you, there’s no need for that kind of formality here. All I need you to do, is to pick a Pokémon from the ones on the table, and I’ll give you everything else you’ll need.

She gestured to the cloth-covered table next to her, where several Pokéballs were placed on small piedestals, with a picture and a bit of info on the Pokémon within the ball were next to it. Quite a lot of the balls had already been taken, but Adam’s eyes were instantly drawn to the picture of a Quilava, flames erupting from its back, posed in a grassy field. It didn’t take much more to convince him which Pokémon he wanted. Grasping the ball of the Quilava, he tossed it into the air and grabbed it again, turning back to the professor.

“I’ve chosen! I want Quilava, please!”

“That quickly? Most people take a lot more time to choose and think about their choices. Are you sure you d-“

Shaking his head, Adam interrupted her by holding up a hand. “I’ve already given this a lot of thought and I’ve made up my mind. Thank you, but no thank you.” This was followed by a warm, reassuring smile from him, and the professor simply shrugged and pushed a little package across the table to him.

“In that case, here you are. Your Pokédex, and your license. Good luck on your travels, Adam!”

Adam picked up the two items from the wrapped cloth they were in, looking both over with a clear sense of excitement in his eyes as he bowed exaggeratedly to her again, pocketing all of the items. “Thank you once again, ma’am, for this opportunity. I’m –really- excited!”

With this, he gave her and the nurse a warm smile and a wave before turning and dashing out the center, a hand in his pocket, clutching the form of the Pokéball, containing his very own Pokémon. Finally, he was setting off on a journey of his own.

Within long, Adam had travelled to the outskirts of town, looking over the rolling, green hills surrounding the town, the mountain off to the far west and the forest to the north of the town. Moving to a small hill with a little tree on top, he sat down with his legs crossed, taking a deep breath as he pulled the Pokéball from his pocket. Staring down at it rather intensely, his chest started bubbling with insecurity, worry, hope and longing after something that he could only reach if he took this opportunity.

After a long while of contemplating, he turned the ball and pressed the button on the middle, which made it send out a red beam, quickly forming a Quilava which slowly blinked as it was released. Looking around itself, the Quilava sniffed the air around it, looking slightly confused. “Quil?”

Adam watched the flames wavering behind the Pokémon, the excitement that had built up until now only bubbling on as he saw the, in his eyes, rather majestic-looking Pokémon of his. Placing his hands on his knees, he smiled at the Quilava and gave a light bow of his head. This caught the Quilava’s attention, as it turned its head back to Adam, tilting it curiously.

“… Hey there. I’m Adam. Professor Pine gave you to me so I could train you and we could become stronger together. What do you think of that?” With this, he reached a hand out to the Quilava, offering it to it, as if giving a handshake, but with his hand slightly tilted. The Quilava looked at Adam for a long time before taking a little sniff of his hand. The fires on his back billowed rather powerfully for a moment before he let out a happy little growl, raising one of his front legs, placing it in Adam’s hand. “Lava!”

Adam’s lips twisted into a broad smile and he gave the paw a little squeeze and a shake, letting out a laugh. “Hahaha! Amazing! Alright, well, first thing we need to do is give you a name… hmh…” He quieted down, raising a hand to rub his chin while looking over the Quilava which had now sat down, watching Adam curiously. “… You look like a guy with a lot of… oomph, how to handle yourself… and with quite a lot of dignity.” The Quilava puffed out it’s chest and let out a proud little huff. “Quil.”

Nodding, Adam scratched his cheek softly. “In that case… how about… Blair?” Pausing, he looked to the Quilava which seemed to be thinking for a moment before letting out a billow of smoke from his nostrils, seeming satisfied. Adam grinned happily and nodded, pushing himself to a stand. “Amazing, then! Come on, Blair! It’s time for the two of us to take the world by storm! And we’ll start, by taking on every single Pokémon out there right now!” he proclaimed, placing a hand against his hip, the other brushing the scarf aside and dramatically pointing towards the rolling meadows surrounding the town, a brush of fresh, summery air moving across them, an excited grin on Adam’s lips as Blair stepped up besides him and let out a challenging growl. Adam felt a sense of pride bubbling inside of him, and a sense of the two of them having the world at their feet.

Incidentally, do we -have- to follow the game's path through the world? As in, Pewter to mount moon, to Cerulean? Wouldn't there be a way for, say, cars and bicycles and the like to go from Pewter City to Cerulean, rather than going through a cave? Like a road? Just my thoughts, but I'm only curious

Also! If anyone ever wishes to meet up with my character, or even travel around with him, give me a poke via PMs or the like and we can figure something out :3
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk

Last edited by Sir Bastian; January 28th, 2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Quote:
The lab was approaching fast.
That line is still there!

jk lol. Maybe write when you're less tired from studying next time ;) You are accepted, heretostay123!

@ Sir Bastian, looking good, accepted!

Also, I'd love for Aberdeen and Adam to meet up in a joint post at some point! I'll probably just want to get used to my character with a few posts of my own first.

ALSO let me present Rika's quick little guide to making posts pretty with little effort. *types, it'll come up soon*
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:06 PM
<Challenger>

Excellent! I look forward to RP'ing with everyone. Hector shall be the bane of normal conversations! It's like my cafeteria table in the lunch room...dark stuff happens there.
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Doctor
& time lord

The very simplest way to make a post stand out as just a liiiitle more elegant than others is to use the[indent] tag.

Just type[indent] and the text you want to "transform" and end with [*/indent]without the *. That would here yield:
and the text you want to transform
See? The text is just padded a little on all sides, making sure it's not clutched to the sidewalls of the post area. Spacey and more comfortable to read. There's a button for that too if you don't feel like typing it out: You can use several indents to make your text even thinner. With a text as an example:
You wake up in your home in Viridian City, Kanto. This is the day when the resident pokémon researcher, professor Pine, has promised to give you a rare pokémon of your own in return for your participation in her study.
The study involves training this pokémon, capturing as many others as you possibly can, and taking part in the annual Pokémon League Tournament. You will have to travel around Kanto and defeat all the gym leaders. The exact details and purpose of the study is not revealed to you. But the professor compensates your family richly for letting you go on this journey, and you're getting the rare pokémon and pokédex. Everybody seems to win.

Also, don't forget that you can bold text, change the size and font of it easily in the post editor. Don't exaggerate, but it's often a good idea to put some kind of title to your post if you are interacting with others, to remind them of where and who you really are again. In SUs, you can play around with fonts a lot but don't mix too many or it'll look cluttered :p readability comes before flashyness!

'kay. But I guess it's the css you people really want to learn, no? Yes. Ok. Beware that on the rest of the web, this is not considered "real" css. It's simplified here, which is nice.

[cd= lots of text and numbers and stuff here] is a useful tag. You can also use [css-div="lots of text sdjskdjs here"] but I don't know the difference besides css-div being more letters and therefore more annoying than cd :p

It works like this. Say you want to make a SU look pretty. We'll take mine as an example.
Name: Aberdeen Black || Age: 14 || Trainer: BW2 Male || Starter: Servine, Iron Tail

the never lingering echo of a future;

Personality: Aberdeen is a boy of many emotions. His usual stance is to be happy and positive about everything, sometimes to the brink of being annoying, but as soon as things go wrong or people oppose him, he becomes angry and will only reluctantly try to empathize with the other side. Most often he pouts and becomes passively fuming rather than going all out shouting though. He also doesn't have far to tears and can tear up at a beautiful scene, a shocking scare or a sad moment. His priority plan in life is to find himself a girl who is both hot and smart and funny and understands him, and he plans on using this journey to find her! For this, he of course needs to capture a lot of cool pokémon and avoid ugly ones. His biggest fear are ghost pokémon and he likes to tell himself (and everyone else) that they don't really exist at all.

He has no siblings but wishes that he had an older brother and is likely to take a liking to any cool older trainers he finds if they are anything like what he'd wish for in a brother. Just as he'll likely try to impress every remotely hot/smart/funny girl he meets to try and make her his. His interests in life include watching pokémon battles and yelling at trainers on the TV for not using clever enough strategies or not cool enough moves, as well as listening to video game music. As he puts it, music made for movies or games are much more emotional and telling than boring music with annoying song that the radio plays. He always brings with him his music player and adds to his attire a pair of sky blue headphones with black details.
Sure, it fills up the requirements (except the RP sample which I skipped here because wall of text lol) but it's rather boring even with the indent tag. Let's give it a background color and define the text color to make it fits all skins.
[cd=background-color: #fff; color: #222; padding: 30px; width: 700px;] (and then we'll put our SU text here and then we'll put [/*cd] at the end without the *)
Padding works like indent inside the cd-box kind of. Use a hex color machine like THIS to find colors that you like. Also, we skip the indent tag now and define the width of the post instead. 700 is nice.

Name: Aberdeen Black || Age: 14 || Trainer: BW2 Male || Starter: Servine, Iron Tail

Personality: Aberdeen is a boy of many emotions. His usual stance is to be happy and positive about everything, sometimes to the brink of being annoying, but as soon as things go wrong or people oppose him, he becomes angry and will only reluctantly try to empathize with the other side. Most often he pouts and becomes passively fuming rather than going all out shouting though. He also doesn't have far to tears and can tear up at a beautiful scene, a shocking scare or a sad moment. His priority plan in life is to find himself a girl who is both hot and smart and funny and understands him, and he plans on using this journey to find her! For this, he of course needs to capture a lot of cool pokémon and avoid ugly ones. His biggest fear are ghost pokémon and he likes to tell himself (and everyone else) that they don't really exist at all.

He has no siblings but wishes that he had an older brother and is likely to take a liking to any cool older trainers he finds if they are anything like what he'd wish for in a brother. Just as he'll likely try to impress every remotely hot/smart/funny girl he meets to try and make her his. His interests in life include watching pokémon battles and yelling at trainers on the TV for not using clever enough strategies or not cool enough moves, as well as listening to video game music. As he puts it, music made for movies or games are much more emotional and telling than boring music with annoying song that the radio plays. He always brings with him his music player and adds to his attire a pair of sky blue headphones with black details.

Much better already. But the whole cd-box is left aligned... let's just center the whole thing, outside of the cd-tag, and it'll be fixed. But then you should add text-align: left; or perhaps text-align: justify; if you want to be really elegant, to your cd-tag stuff. Also, let's add some cool borders.
[center][cd=background-color: #fff; color: #222; padding: 30px; width: 700px; text-align: justify; border-top: 20px solid #7D153F; border-bottom: 20px solid #7D153F; border-radius: 20px;] (our post goes here again) [/*cd][/*center]
I'm pretty sure you can figure out how to make the right and left borders look in some way too. Instead of solid you can type dashed, dotted, double and some other stuff to make the border look different. You have to define it's size in pixels or something like I did, typing 20px. Same for width of the box and the radius of the rounded cd-box (that's border-radius).

And now, let's do some standard neat formatting with the usual PC text box controls. Bolding stuff and taking away that italic that I put just to separate the post from this educational text lol. I'll also center the first less texty part and add an additional cd-box inside the existing overarching cd-box... no biggie really.
Just type [cd=dkjfksdjks whatever we put here before] lol hi text! [cd=skdjksd more stuff for the inside-box!] whatever should be in the inside box[*/cd] and then we continue on with the rest of our post... [*/cd]

Now we're getting something. Really... plum. Anyways, I added some extra coding to that cerise cd-box in the middle. Just quote this post to see the code I used and play around with it, actually! I'll show you one more thing that I find useful. the float: left/right tag. With it, you can put images beside text without having your text skip rows immediately. If you get what I mean. I'll add a pic to this SU and show you. Another internal cd-box is used within the overarching one:
[cd=float: left; padding-right: 10px;][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/497.gif[/*IMG][/*cd]
It'll appear in level with the text in front of which you put the code. And, um, that's all the basic stuff I'll type up here. There's loads of more you can do with relatively simple css-coding but I'm certainly no expert. The best way to learn is just to play around with delicious looking posts that you find, and try to learn what's really what! Hope something here made sense.

Like I said, quote this post to get the code. Or quote other posts and see what they've done. Probably more advanced than my scribbling ^^

Last edited by Doctor; July 10th, 2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Nebula
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Nature: Relaxed
Sorry for taking so long, but I now have completed my SU! Hope it's alright.

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Well, it's awesome that you're helping everyone to try and make prettier SUs, and possible normal posts, but...

... I'm really stupid when it comes to code and such, so all of that is just like static on the TV for me, I'm afraid. I wish I could understand it : \

~Hiluluk
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign. View Post
Sorry for taking so long, but I now have completed my SU! Hope it's alright. :)
It is, and you are accepted. Man, I love Charmeleon. I forced myself to take another starter here since I've used Charmander times and times before. Hope you'll have fun with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Bastian View Post
Well, it's awesome that you're helping everyone to try and make prettier SUs, and possible normal posts, but...

... I'm really stupid when it comes to code and such, so all of that is just like static on the TV for me, I'm afraid. I wish I could understand it : \
Naw, I think if you were really bored and really eager to spiff up posts (which totally isn't necessary as I'm sure you know) you'd understand it eventually ;) just gotta enjoy poking around and test things out.

Now, more than half the players have been accepted. I'll be posting the first chapter in the IC thread so that you guys can plan you first post(s). For those who still haven't finished their SUs, don't worry. Sorry if I've rushed you :3 Since we'll likely be posting quite independently in the beginning, it doesn't matter if some start earlier than others. I don't want to let the accepted players (and myself ;D) wait.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:39 PM
<Challenger>

I think I'm the only one who noticed this, but it appears that we have 2 of each type accepted so far. Just a li'l fun fact.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Naw, I think if you were really bored and really eager to spiff up posts (which totally isn't necessary as I'm sure you know) you'd understand it eventually just gotta enjoy poking around and test things out.
It's not so much as trying things out, it's just that... I can't see any kind of sense in what you've written down. Again, it's just me who's a complete numpty with this kind of thing, but I honestly can't do... anything, with code, even chat-code like this.

Though I suppose if you really want to help me out you could do so via skype Not that I'd expect you to go to such lengths to help out someone who's basically just being blind.

~Hiluluk
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I think I'm the only one who noticed this, but it appears that we have 2 of each type accepted so far. Just a li'l fun fact.
I did notice ^^ Also, Meredith is the only girl so far :p very manly atmosphere in the IC post right now.

Quote:
It's not so much as trying things out, it's just that... I can't see any kind of sense in what you've written down. Again, it's just me who's a complete numpty with this kind of thing, but I honestly can't do... anything, with code, even chat-code like this.

Though I suppose if you really want to help me out you could do so via skype :P Not that I'd expect you to go to such lengths to help out someone who's basically just being blind.
I could try to make you understand on skype some day yeah ;D mostly because it would be fun for me, haha.

Anyways, subscribe to the IC thread if you haven't already!
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:51 PM
<Challenger>

Quote:
I did notice Also, Meredith is the only girl so far :p very manly atmosphere in the IC post right now.

I can feel the testosterone level rising by the minute.
Old January 25th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

Ive got an itch to post! As soon as I beat the white treehollow of course (;
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Nebula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
It is, and you are accepted. Man, I love Charmeleon. I forced myself to take another starter here since I've used Charmander times and times before. Hope you'll have fun with it!
Thank you very much. I love Charmander and its evolutions, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to use it. They're just so fun to play with. My second choice would've been Croconaw (though I like the prevolution and evolution better) or Grovyle.

Maybe Milo and Aberdeen could meet at some point and we could have a joint post down the road.

& That actually goes for anyone who wants to meet up with Milo at any time. He would love the company. I can see perhaps a future friendship with Meredith, or even tension with Trey. Who knows.

I am geared and ready to get posting. I already have an idea of the next Pokémon to add to Milo's team, and what his "Rival" will be like ~ This is going to be a lot of fun.

Old January 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
<Challenger>

So I'm assuming we can make our first post. Do we start with our sample or do we make a brand new post?
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign. View Post
& That actually goes for anyone who wants to meet up with Milo at any time. He would love the company. I can see perhaps a future friendship with Meredith, or even tension with Trey. Who knows.
No love for the new guy, eh? :<

But yeah, just like he says, anyone wants to meet up with my guy for just some chat, a fight, maybe a bit of travelling down the road together or, anything really, just give a holler

P.S. Yeah, I'd guess we just make a new post, since what we wrote for our sample is more or less "Background story" and doesn't need to be in the IC. Though I might be wrong.

~Hiluluk
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:21 PM
<Challenger>

@Bastian Maybe Hector and Adam could interact. What do you say?
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Nebula

Quote:
No love for the new guy, eh? :<
Nope. New guys are on the low end of my priority list.

I'm kidding, of course there is love for the new guy. I am sure Milo and Adam can find some time to mingle.

EDIT: I believe we start a brand new post, since our Sample is here already (like Bastian said.) It would make more sense.

Old January 25th, 2013, 08:37 PM
RedWing
Pokemon Capture Specialist

Nature: Bold
I really hope it isn't too late to sign-up...

Name: Katrina "Katt" Aldine
Trainer: B/W2 Female,
Starter: Combusken,

Personality: Katt is a very bubbly and inquisitive young girl. She's always been fascinated by Pokemon and, because of this, much of her life has been centered around gaining new knowledge about different species of Pokemon and using that information to better herself. Despite her happy-go-lucky demeanor, Katt is actually a very studious and calculating individual; a trait that easily throws others off. It is this stark contrast between outer personality and inner consciousness that often leaves others unsure as to whether or not Katt is simply playing dumb to make a gain, of sorts.

However, Katt doesn't let the opinions others have of her concern her. Born into a relatively wealthy family and having her father and mother fulfill her every desire up to this point has not left the girl with a stunted sense of independence or self-identification. Katt, from a very young age, has cleaned, cooked and, overall, taken care of herself. This is directly connected to her parents' general absence from home due to work in Saffron City.

For fun, Katt loves nothing more than to examine the wildlife of Viridian Forest and the neighboring Routes. She'll leave home with a sketchpad and notebook and spend hours drawing wild Pokemon as she sees them and then making notes in her journal about the Pokemons' behaviors and personalities. Other than doing what she deems "field research", Katt enjoys the simpler things like going out for an ice cream cone or enjoying a picnic on a nice day.

Katt's biggest fear and insecurities are centered around being inadequate in real-world experiences. She wants so badly for all of her knowledge about Pokemon to pay off, but she doesn't know for sure if text books and field studies will ever amount to the reality of having a Pokemon and experiencing a Pokemon battle. Katt feels that if she ever had a Pokemon of her own, that it would choose to leave her because of her inadequacy as a Trainer. However, despite these fears, Katt knows she must try to raise a Pokemon of her own. After all, it would be the only way she'd ever leave Viridian City!

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:
It was a crisp, sunny morning in Viridian City; the perfect setting for the beginning of Katt's journey to become the Kanto region's next Pokemon Professor. From her four-post bed of white linen rose the young girl with a mass of bedhead, a rumpled t-shirt and sleep shorts. Katt stretched for a moment and yawned, Well, time to make breakfast and see if all my studying has been worth the time! With a smirk, the teenage girl padded out of her room and down the stairs to the kitchen to begin her morning with a nice meal of eggs, toast and coffee.

It was with great disbelief that Katt stopped at the entrance to the kitchen, staring doe-eyed as she watched her mother and father...cooking! Katt's mother, Katelyn, noticed the presence of her daughter and smiled, "Well, good morning, sleepy head!"

Katt's father, Gerald, turned from the stove where he appeared to be cooking a skillet of scrambled eggs and smiled, "Good morning, sweetheart! Did you have a restful sleep?"

"Um," Katt blinked, "Yeah...What exactly are you two doing?" She made her way over to the dining room table to sit down. It struck the girl as alien since the family never, ever used the dining room table to eat because all three members of the house were never home at the same time.

"Well, we're making you breakfast, of course!" Katelyn said with a chirp. "Now, do you take your coffee with milk and sugar?" She was holding a pitcher of milk above a steaming mug of freshly made coffee. The smell lingered over to Katt and she relished the scent.

"Yeah, about 8 ounces of milk and three teaspoons of sugar, please?" Katt smiled; if her parents wanted to make her breakfast before she went on her big journey, why not?

"So, honey," Gerald called from the stove, "Have you decided what Pokemon you'd like Professor Oak to give you?"

Katt rolled her eyes as her mother served her the now fully prepared coffee. Katelyn just chuckled as Katt answered, "Dad, I'm not getting a Pokemon from Professor Oak, remember? I'm receiving one from Professor Pine, here in Viridian?"

"Ah, right, right, sorry, honey," Gerald said as he transferred the eggs from the skillet to a plate. "Salt and pepper on these, dear?"

"Yes, please," Katt answered. She took a big sip of her coffee and smiled, the warmth and buzz it provided fully obliterated her morning fog. Katt's father walked over with the plate of eggs and Katt proceeded to dig in to her meal as both of her parents sat down across from the ravenous teen.

"Honey," Katelyn began, "We're a bit concerned about this whole going off on an adventure thing..." She was holding her husband's hand which was placed on the table, an obvious sign that meant Gerald felt the same way.

Katt looked up from her half-devoured eggs and gave her parents a look of utter terror, "Oh, gods, please don't tell me you two are reconsidering this?"

"Dear, we just think it'd be better if you were to stay in Viridian for say, two more years? You're only 15," her father reasoned. Katt looked at her dad, a man of about forty years with brown hair streaked with grey and glasses, and put down her fork.

"Look," the young girl began, fixing her mother and father with an unyielding glare, "I've been cooped up in Viridian for my entire life. You two are never home so I've had to basically take care of myself since I was old enough to operate the microwave. While you two are at work, I'm out in Vridian Forest or on Route 1 observing the wild Pokemon. I've been doing this for years, guys! And, now, when I finally have a chance to do more, to be an actual Trainer, you want to take that from me?"

Katelyn pursed her lips and Gerald pushed his glasses up to his face. After a moment, Katt's mother said, "Katrina, we know this means a lot to you, but we'd just feel better if you put it off a bit longer..."

"Yes," her father added, "we promise that after another year or so, you can go on a journey. We'll even buy you a new Pokemon!"

Katt rose from the table with a controlled temper and simply said, "You two haven't been around enough to tell me you actually care if I'm gone or not. I'm leaving today, and nothing either of you two say will stop me." The livid teen then turned and strode from the room, ascending the stairs with exaggerated steps to express her anger and slammed the door to the bathroom to get her appearance in order.

Katelyn sighed, "Oh, Gerald, what will we do? She won't listen to us..."

"I know, dear," Gerald said, "But, she's right...We've been a couple of poor parents. If she feels this is what's best for her, who are we to say it isn't? We haven't been around our daughter enough these last few years to really know her..."

Katt's mother buried her face in Gerald's shoulder, "Oh, are we really so terrible?"

Katelyn's husband put a reassuring hand on his wife's shoulder and cooed, "No, sweetheart, but we could have been better, I know that much.

It was another hour before Katt descended the stairs once again, fully dressed and prepared to depart her home of fifteen years in order to travel Kanto. Katt's parents were waiting at the front door for the young girl.

Katt, until this moment, was absorbed in adjusting the strap to her knapsack when she looked up and grimaced. "If you're going to try to bar my exit, I'll just shimmy down the drain pipe outside my window."

Her parents shook their heads. "No," her father said, "We're just here to see you off. We love you, Katt, and we just want our little girl to be safe."

Katelyn nodded, "We're just worried, like all parents are before their children go out into the world...We love you, Katrina."

Katt swallowed a rise of emotion and stepped forward to hug her parents, "I love you guys, too," she said. "I'll be okay. I've been out in the forest enough to know what to do and what not to do...I'm gonna be fine."

Her parents smiled at her then before embracing her once more and allowing her to leave to begin her big adventure.

--About ten minutes later--

Professor Pine, Viridian City's resident Pokemon Professor, had a notorious reputation for being airy and generally out of touch with her surroundings. Katt saw exactly why as she saw the woman absently flipping through a textbook in the Viridian Pokemon Center. Katt, although nervous and entirely considering what her parents had offered, stepped towards the professor and said, "Um, excuse me? Professor Pine?"

The raven-haired woman lifted her head from her textbook and turned to see Katt. "And who might you be, young lady?" Her voice was calm and soothing and her features betrayed not one hint to her age. Katt felt a bit calmer, seeing this bespectacled, dreamy-eyed woman in place of some stern professional.

With a smile, Katt answered, "I'm Katrina Aldine, ma'am. But, you can call me Katt," she extended a hand to the professor, who shook it kindly.

"A pleasure, Ms. Katt," Pine said with an easy smile, "I'm glad you could make it and participate in my study."

"Oh, but of course, professor!" Katt was getting excited now, "To explore Kanto and catalog its Pokemon has always been my dream!"

The professor gave a light giggle and responded, "Well, I'm glad your excited." The young woman then reached into the pocket of her lab coat and produced a PokeBall, still in its pocket-size, a Trainer Card, and a red, rectangular piece of technology which Katt knew to be a PokeDex. "These are for you, if you will?" Professor Pine handed the precious items to Katt, who accepted them with fervent thanks.

"Oh, Professor Pine, you have no idea how much this means to me!" Katt exclaimed. Her dreams were finally coming true!

The professor simply nodded, "Yes, it is an exciting undertaking. Now, if you'll press the release button on your PokeBall? I believe you should meet your new partner."

Katt was a bit nervous, but did as she was instructed. The mechanism expanded to the size of a baseball before opened with a pop and a fountain of red light spilled out! The strange light then materialized into a Pokemon about the stature of a young boy around age nine. It was covered in yellow and orange feathers and, instead of wings, the Pokemon had arms that ended in taloned appendages. It had a beak and fiery eyes and an orange crest atop it's head as well!

Combusken
Nature: Docile
[Scratch] [Growl] [Focus Energy] [Ember] [Night Slash]

Katt gasped, "Oh, wow!" She stared at the Pokemon for a moment before it made a cry.

"Combusken!"

Katt recoiled for a moment, "So...so, this is my Pokemon?"

Professor Pine nodded, "Mhmm, this is a Combusken. It's a-"

"It's a Fire and Fighting dual-type Pokemon. It's also the first evolutionary stage of Torchic, a pure Fire-type and native Pokemon of Hoenn," Katt interjected. She then realized she'd been rude and sputtered, "I'm sorry, Professor! It's just that I do a lot of studying in my spare time and sometimes it just comes out..."

Pine laughed aloud, "Oh, no, Katt, that was brilliant! I've never met a Trainer so young who knew so much about Pokemon without having one of their own!" The professor placed a hand on the young girl's shoulder, "Katt, this is a great step forward for the Pokemon World. I am so glad you decided to be a part of it."

Katt nodded, beaming, "I won't let you down, Professor! I'll battle and capture and raise as many Pokemon as I can handle!"

Pine smiled, "I'm sure you will, Katt. Now, your journey begins on Route 2. Good luck, and take care!"

"I will!" Katt assured her as she ran out of the Pokemon Center with her new Pokemon following close behind.

--A few minutes later, on the northern outskirts of Viridian City--

Katt couldn't believe she was actually doing this; actually going on a journey with a Pokemon of her very own!

Almost as an afterthought, the young Trainer turned back and looked at the city that was, and probably always will be, her home. She felt a wave of emotion rising inside; remembering her days at the Pokemon Trainer's School, going to the park on the weekends just to sketch the Pokemon of the wealthy women who liked to parade their pets about, eating dinner with her parents on the holidays when they both had the day off.

"I'm really going to miss this place..." She murmured.

Combusken looked at her and clucked, "Comb?"

Katt smiled at the Pokemon, "Nothing to worry about, Combusken. Just reminiscing, is all."

"Comb!" The Combusken seems happy with that answer and, suddenly, Katt had an idea.

"So, Combusken," Katt said, "How would you like to have a nickname, hm?"

Combusken clucked happily, "Comb!"

Katt smiled, "Alright then, let's see...What about, Orange?"

Combusken made a face and shook it's head. Katt giggled, she was sort of hoping it would say no.

"Birdie?"

Again, the Pokemon disagreed. Katt "hmmed" for a moment.

"Hm...Maybe, Phoenix?"

At that, the Pokemon jumped in excitement, "Combusken! Busken!"

Katt couldn't help but laugh, "Ahahah! Alright then, from now on, you'll be known as Phoenix."

Phoenix, however, wasn't paying attention due to an Oran Berry that had caught its eye.

"Oh? Are you hungry, Phoenix?" Katt asked.

Phoenix nodded and patted its stomach, which then growled audibly. The Pokemon looked embarrassed, but Katt simply smiled and reached up to the low-hanging Berry and plucked it.

"Here you are," She said, breaking the Berry into two clean halves. Katt offered one to Phoenix, which the Pokemon took eagerly, and the girl proceeded to munch on her half. "Mmm, ripe Oran berries are delicious!"

"Comb! Combusken!" Phoenix answered between mouthfuls.

Katt smiled, but in the back of her head a nagging thought continued to repeat itself: "Am I really ready for the responsibility that's been given to me?" She watched her new ally eat and hoped, in her heart of hearts, that she'd be able to go through with all this. A tempting urge to look back at Viridian once more came to her, but Katt ignored it. If I look back, I'll never leave...

Last edited by RedWing; January 28th, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
ZOEY WYRMOKI
<> <> THIRTEEN, 13 <> <> WHITE FEMALE <> <> GROVYLE <> <>

<> <> PERSONALITY <> <>
Spry young Zoey is quite the misfit in her neck of the woods, living in the western exurban foothills of Viridian City. Constantly ruffling the feathers of both her peers and neighbors, the girl's reputation has caused both herself and her family grief. Fortunately, her mother planned for her the perfect method for her to learn some responsibility and to grow up quickly. Zoey has always been a mischievous child around town, having a thirst for action and adventure and often sought out victims for her practical jokes, traps, and pranks. As a result, Zoey hasn't been the greatest student, despite her surprising intelligence when her interest is properly piqued, but she has turned into quite the athlete, apt to bolt in the opposite direction as soon as someone she pranked recognizes her presence. Her good condition is also thanks to playing various sports with her classmates, only to have over time been ousted from various circles of "friends" for her rough or sometimes even violently competitive behavior. The punishment from her actions and rejection by other children has over the years turned Zoey into a wary person, often uncomfortable or suspicious around others unless she's acting out in front of them.

Deeper inside Zoey, she is very much an introvert, and while she loves activity, often she must do it on her lonesome as she finds herself too distant from her peers to bridge any meaningful connections with any of them. Her spare time has since either been a time to plot out and prepare new pranks, exploring on her own in the backwoods, or taking to a drawing pad to illustrate various Pokemon species, but particularly her favorites. In fact, she's quite good at her illustrations, but few even know of her artistic talents, as she rarely shares much about herself with anyone, preferring to keep her truer identity more reserved until she can find people who truly wish to be her friends. If she's not acting like a childish goof in front of others, she tends to be shy, avoiding eye contact or just avoiding people all together. Her social isolation has had good effects on her though, for she has a tendency to analyze her surroundings and has thus become a deep thinker. However, for one to pry open the box of this girl's mysterious cognitive flexibility would be a great feat indeed, as Zoey is the guardian of her own persona, and only those who've proven their trustworthiness can learn more about the apprehensive adolescent.

While she's indeed skittish and struggles with her own personal social barrier, Zoey happens to be quite confident in other areas. She tends to be bold, brazen, and often times blunt, less prone to the bindings of trepidation and often the voice of hurtful but honest criticism of those who accompany her. Unrelenting ambition and a fierce stubborn streak create a competitive attitude within Zoey that's nearly unrivaled, which sometimes causes her to take on a challenge far too great for her and thus suffer the severe consequences. Still, her stamina isn't so easily plowed by the weight of loss. Her resilience, her hatred of failure, and her deeply critical eye tend to act as the force of improvement, constantly driving her forward towards gradual success simply due to her hatred of giving up on something she really wants. As a result, she remains optimistic, even when there's little to feel positive about. Her undying faith in herself can even act as a source of inspiration for others, that is, if they can get past her impish antics and immature tongue.

Zoey's best attributes are often kept deep inside due to her isolation from other children. Her bluntness masks her greater traits and values, reserved only for those who'd find themselves in particular scenarios. Her bravery and perseverance occasionally act as a sense of inspiration to some, or earns her others' respect. She also carries with her a strong sense of righteousness, and rarely sits still to allow a heinous deed to go unchallenged. This can also get her in a lot of trouble when she's expected to just allow whatever unfolds to occur. Nevertheless, she's by no means perfect, and anyone who knows her that her greatest vice is her selfish inclinations. Generally uninterested in others with good reason, she usually won't lend someone a hand unless they threaten her, bribe her with food, or are experiencing severe life issues at the time. Nothing will get you on her bad side worse than taking her "food" which is often invisibly specified on any non-vegetable in her line of sight, which just might lead to a merciless brawl to claim "her" grub. Even so, those who understand the true Zoey know of her good heart and strong character, even though she can seem childish, cold, or just plain rude.

<> <> VUOWTH <> <>

<> POUND
<> LEER
<> ABSORB
<> QUICK ATTACK
<> CRUNCH

<> <> SAMPLE <> <>
Kicking up dirt and stone along the less developed roads leading into the city, Zoey tries to make up for lost time. Waking up after noon is certainly not a good way to begin a to-be-trainer's journey, but unfortunately the young girl has an all too strong affection for soft things, namely the pillows and quilts in her bed. On the bright side at least, she got a real good night's rest. Wrapped up in her right hand is a peanut butter sandwich, crumbling away quickly as the teen grinds up the bread and nut butter between her teeth in hasty consumption. After every few bites, she shoves her left into the opening left present, large enough to reach in and pull out what she needs, such as her ice cold water bottle for a few swigs of its hydrating nectar and to wash down her on-the-go snack, but still small enough to keep its other contents from embracing the earthy path that the girl treads quickly across. Despite running at a fairly strong pace, the girl's stamina holds steady from her years of rambunctious youth, although sweat still trickles down her face, the result of her physical exertion combined with the heat of the outdoors.

Before long, she arrives in the city proper, dirt roads becoming asphalt and concrete and the environment around her transitioning from woods, fields, hills, farms and the occasional cluster of homes to the compact multi-level residential and commercial regions of Viridian's west-side, full of cars zipping around, condominiums of various scales, all sorts of smaller office buildings, the occasional convenient store and strip mall strewn across the urban landscape. Cities were never to Zoey's liking. Maybe it's because she's a country girl having been raised there, but to her the reason seemed all too, well, reason-based. Everything is so tightly compact, people are everywhere, and in her opinion, mass produced construction that results in urbanization of a region all too often paid minimal attention to aesthetics, making most cities an eyesore compared to nature's magic. Fortunately, her destination is just ahead, still speeding along with a map clenched in her right hand where her sandwich used to be, fully devoured long ago. Stopping now and then to traffic and stoplights, her immediate journey sees its end. Up ahead lies the Pokemon Center Plaza, with the Center itself setting itself apart from its neighboring buildings with its unique, artistic architecture resembling a pokeball. From the looks of it, parts of the roof appear as if they'll light up when it gets dark; another feature of urban centers that typically take place at night. Little of the details particularly grab at Zoey though, for her mind is occupied on the whole reason she ran out to this dump of a city. Excitement shoots through her veins, crossing the street at top speed at her earliest opportunity, rushing by and pushing away other pedestrians and trainers on the plaza, preparing to cross the finish line of her initiation as a trainer. Getting her starter naturally becomes the focus of her building joy. Hopefully, she can get the starter Pokemon she's always wanted as a kid: the cute little fire lizard known as Charmander.

Plowing through the glass doors of Viridian's Pokemon Center, the girl nearly stumbles on the cold surface of the Center's lobby, but catches her fall with her right hand, pulling herself to a balanced stop in the end just a few meters short of the counter where lines of trainers stand, waiting to admit or pick-up their Pokemon from the center's nurses. After taking in her surroundings, marveling briefly at the interior design of the lobby, her head jerks in every which direction furiously, looking for... well, someone that she's supposed to meet. Who was she exactly? Shouldn't she be getting her starter in Pallet Town? What's going on here!? Lost in her meandering thoughts, she quickly is enveloped by a sense of panic, uncertain as to what to do. Didn't mother tell her to meet... whoever, at this Pokemon center? For the life of her, the identity of who she's to meet in order to receive her starter remains elusive from her mind. The only possible solution the young teen can conjure up involves interacting with the nurses to inquire about from who and where she can receive her starter. Perhaps other trainers in the Center would know, but the possibility of their awareness of these facts is irrelevant to Zoey. Instead, she finds one of the lobby's chairs not to close to any one person, happening to sit aside a small table with various magazines piled atop it. Curiosity sets in, as the girl reaches for the most recent edition of "Journey" magazine, a monthly publication dedicated to everything trainer, including Pokemon health, battle strategies, the latest gadgets, and anything else a trainer would want to know about to better their game. Naturally, Zoey enthusiastically gleans through the articles of the magazine, her eyes caught up in an article regarding the region's champion in an interview with Journey journalists about the champ's successes, failings, and advice for other trainers.

"Zoey? My, I was worried you wouldn't show up!" utters a friendly voice in relief, identifying the adolescent in the lobby as her eyes wander the pages of the magazine in her hands.

The girl's gaze lifts upward, catching sight of a long haired woman dressed in, according to Zoey's critical eye, a pretty ugly looking white lab coat. Not that one lab coat looks much different from another. They're all hideous. Zoey decides at that moment that a career in science is permanently written off if she has to subject herself to such atrocious garments. Still, Zoey didn't stay lost in her thoughts for very long, acknowledging the woman by meeting her gaze with her own. However, the girl's head slowly drifts downward, suddenly intimidated by the presence of the Professor before her. Embarrassed by her late arrival, her head rotates to the teen's own lower right, a slight frown developing across her face. Building anxiety prompts the clutching of the young girl's arms to her pink bag, hugging it tightly to her body while socially withdrawing from the percolating scenario.

"U-uhm..." the girl squeaks softly, trying to respond to the Professor but finds herself in a perturbed state, barely able to return a response. "Uh... I'm Zoey..."

"I see! Nice to meet you then!" the Professor perks up warmly, approaching the sitting girl and smiling in her direction as she extends her arm out to interact with the teen's. "Are you ready to meet your first Pokemon?"

The Professors hospitable demeanor eases and drops off the girl's previously rising anxiety, shifting her head upward and losing her frown for a slight smile over the though of receiving her first Pokemon. Her hand meets the older woman's, putting aside the magazine she was reading and clutching her pink bag with her left as she lifts herself out of her seat with a little help from the Professor.

"Uh, yes, ma'am," the girl chirps in a more pronounced tone, a scant amount of enthusiasm in her voice.

"Great! Follow me and we'll introduce you with your new partner!" the academic woman affirms her younger acquaintance, both of them heading down a hallway past the lobby towards a smaller corridor full of chairs and tables and decorated with a few vases of freshly plucked flowers.

"I'll have you know, however, that since you arrived late, a lot of the starters I had available have been procured by other youngsters like yourself who passed by here earlier. This may mean that you-"

"Wait, are you saying the Pokemon I signed up for isn't available!?" interrupts the young girl, her voice shooting up several decibels in evident angst. "Did someone claim Charmander!?"

"Er, well... First of all I didn't even have any of the base starters to begin with. Didn't you know this already?" inquires the concerning older woman, taken back by the girl's apparent ignorance. "You should've known earlier that the starters we had available are all first-stage evolutions of the traditional starter Pokemon. Didn't your mother tell you about this?"

"Huh? Well, no..." clarifies the adolescent, her gaze dropping downward along with her smile, disappointed in the news. "She never tells me what's most important. ...D-dammit!"

In a fit of building frustrating, the young girl accidentally blurts out an expletive, and right in front of such an important woman too! At least, that is, until the girl receives her starter Pokemon. After that, anything to do with this "Professor" would be the least of her worries. For the moment, however, her slip of the tongue only piles on further anxiety upon the young woman's small, still developing frame. The Professor's response to her foul language goes as predicted, her face contorting in slight disgust towards the teenager.

"Watch your mouth! If you hope to be a respectable trainer some day, you better learn proper restraint! You wont gain anyone's good graces with such language coming from your mouth!" scolds the Professor, berating the already upset young girl, looking away from her lecturer in distress, responding in a depressed tone with just a slight air of irritation in her voice, all too accustomed to the reprimanding she's received all throughout her life by "authority". "Sorry..."

Sighing in retaliation to her younger acquaintance's snarky attitude, she regains her composure, maintaining professionalism by reaching over to a mostly empty tray with only 5 pokeballs remaining. "Well... As I was saying, all I have to offer budding trainers are the first-stage evolutions of the typical starters issued by professors. As for you, I-"

Interrupted again by an impatient Zoey, all too eager to lay her hands upon the container of her first ever Pokemon as a trainer, startles the socially resilient Pokemon scientist by inquiring abruptly, "So then I'll get charmeleon instead? I'd like that one please!"

"Erm... Well, a trainer earlier picked up charmeleon and he also signed up to receive that starter just as you did. It's first come, first serve afterall!" she clarifies in a forced upbeat tone in hopes of raising Zoey's doused spirits as evidenced by the girl's rapid fluctuation of the teen's smile to a distraught frown.

The young woman finds herself slumping her body against the wall in support, looking down as disappointment sets in, deeply upset by the unavailability of the starter she'd always wanted to initiate her adventures with. Moments later, the girl's lips begin to quiver, locked tightly to each other to mute any utterances of discontent that might fight its way into audible airspace, her eyelids drooping to hide the emotion welling up in her eyes, keeping them open just slightly. She remains unresponsive, lost in depression over the recent revelation. Noticing the severe decline in the teen's visage, the Professor attempts to save the circumstance before the young girl's distressed emotions begin to set in permanently, or worse.

"Oh, it's alright! I'm sure you can find a wild charmander if you put your mind to it! And look! There are still 5 wonderful Pokemon here available to you, waiting for a trainer to claim them and make a new friend!" reaffirms the older woman, attempting to redirect the younger woman's train of thought and to boost her spirits.

Zoey's reaction is delayed, taking several seconds after the Professor's short speech to shift her glance upwards, eyeing the tray, but avoiding eye contact, her expression still saturated with anguish. Nonetheless, the woman manages to grab some of the young to-be-trainer's much desired attention. Smiling towards the aspiring trainer in order to comfort her, the woman's attempt to relieve Zoey's deep seeded disappointment falls short of making its mark. With no luck, she shifts her glance to the tray, spotting the pokeballs scattered across its surface. Her hands reach for the shiny balls, glancing over them all carefully before identifying the one she was looking for, picking it up and lifting herself up, turning towards the depressed young girl before approaching her carefully.

"I'm sure you'll find a great companion in one of these balls! Take a look at this one! I think you'll like what's inside," the woman extends her right hand, leaning slightly in the direction of the young girl with a shrunken pokeball firmly planted the palm of the Professor's outreaching hand.

Hesitantly, Zoey examines the hand of the woman, her drooping eyes fixated on the pokeball in her hand, gleaming in the artificial light from the ceiling. After a few moments, she slowly extends her own right hand, ignoring the smile upon the Professor's face in contrast with the scientist's goals to salvage the young girl's mood. Scooping the single pokeball into her own palm, her eyes scan the miniature device with great suspicion for several seconds, her mind too heavily weighed down by her disappointment in not obtaining her first choice of a starter.

"Go on, see what's inside!" encourages the Professor, egging on the young teen in another attempt to alleviate Zoey's depression.

In a delayed response, Zoey removes her body from the wall, standing upright while rolling the red and white ball in her hands until she identifies the release capsule, redirecting herself towards the open hallway, aiming the pokeball's release capsule towards the ground before pressing it, unleashing a brilliant red flash that quickly takes the shape of a bipedal creature. In mere seconds, the creature within materializes, revealing its emerald scales, cherry red belly, strange leaf appendages, and its fierce golden eyes. A reptilian Pokemon for sure, although an odd one in that it lacks a tail, substituted instead for two leaves jutting out of its lower back. What appears is none other than the deep forest predator extraordinaire, the reptilian jungle assassin known to humans as grovyle. It's cunning eyes zip across the area in quick, almost instantaneous motions, examining its new environment outside of its pokeball, moving about slightly and sniffing the ground in curiosity, cocking its head every which way in an investigative manner. Zoey's eyes widen slightly in interest, noticing the sharp claws and the occasional glimpses of the creature's impressive fangs as they reveal themselves due to the creature's occasional hissing into the air. Inevitably, the creature recognizes an anomaly in its presence, shifting its piercing golden glare to the small girl before it. Tilting its head to the left and right in an analytical manner, it approaches the girl slowly, hissing and flailing its tongue as it closes in on the young teen's space. Her expression grows ever more nervous, an awkward smile developing on her face while her eyes expand in percolating uneasiness as the creature gets far too close to Zoey for her own comfort. As terror begins to build, her glance shifts to her right towards the Professor, looking upon her in earnest, worrisome fashion.

"Oh, don't worry! Grovyle is plenty friendly! It's just scoping you out! Think of it as... oh, yes! Think of it as Grovyle introducing itself to you! I'm sure you'll befrie- Oh!" reacts the Professor before a loud yelp is heard from the young girl in shock, interrupting the scientist's attempt at reassurance as the green lizard lunges at Zoey, smashing its clawed foot into the Center's wall which also causes her to drop the Pokemon's pokeball, the one method necessary to easily restrain the rampaging creature.

Zoey, ducking the creature's savage assault, scrambles out from under it only to get caught by Grovyle's quick reflexes, her right leg slammed hard onto the floor by the grass-type's Pound attack. Screaming in pain, her screech is heard down the hall in the lobby, grabbing everyone's attention with mixed reactions. Realizing the severity of the situation due to some important details the woman deliberately withheld from the girl in order to prevent Zoey's depression from prolonging, the Professor grimaces in horror, rushing towards the scene of conflict, squatting down towards the ground, scooping up the pokeball in order to temporarily tame the savage lizard from wreaking further havoc, damage she would surely have to answer for if the crisis continues. Meanwhile, the grass-type squeals into the air, planting its left foot firmly into the squirming adolescent's spine as it howls towards the heavens, celebrating a successful conquest. Returning its focus to the girl under foot, Grovyle hisses aggressively, its maw wide open as saliva sprays out of its mouth, baring its fierce, knife-like fangs as if it is hungry, and perhaps, even about to use them, an unusual attack if so for the grovyle species. However, the grass-type's assault is cut short, its body turning red and intangible as it is sucked into the capsule that acts as its home. With the creature restrained within the technological marvel, the Professor rushes to the young woman's side, reaching for her sides in order to help her up.

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright!?" infers the woman, concerned over the girl's well being.

Coughing several times, Zoey thrusts herself onto her knees, sitting up and recomposing herself, the Professor's hand placed softly on Zoey's side in order to help relieve her. "Uhm... I think so..."

"Oh, good! I don't know what's gotten into Grovyle... I've never seen it act towards people in such a hostile manner. I'm sorry... Perhaps Grovyle isn't ready yet..." she sighs in concern, looking down upon the pokeball, contemplating the future of the violent creature before lifting herself to her feet, glancing over to the tray of other pokeballs before heading towards it to deposit Grovyle's pokeball. "Now then, in that case, perhaps something else you'll find appropriate as your partner. How about combusken or pignite? They're also fire-types, just like charmeleon! Or perhaps you'd like to see prinplup? Bayleef might be more to your liking too! It's a grass-type, very docile, and very easy to raise for new trainers! How about it? Do any of these sound suitable to you?"

Unresponsive, Zoey silently sits, head tilted towards her knees, lost in thought with her left hand rubbing her back in order to relieve her pain dealt by her earlier green assailant. Mulling over her choices with a clearer mind, she finds her feet but remains facing away from the woman, slumping her shoulders somewhat before leaning against the wall once again, depression returning to occupy the corners of her conscience.

"I don't really like any of them... Charmeleon is... gone... I'm not happy with any of them..." she utters, a little choked up in her response as sorrow takes hold despite her best efforts to sort out a positive outcome. "I wonder what stupid bastard took charmeleon anyway. If I find them I'm going to beat them up to a bloody pulp! What a jackass!"

"Uhm... Well, I'm sorry, but..." the Professor declares before cutting herself short, identifying the insensitivity of her potential remarks towards the distraught young woman. "I don't mind sticking around and helping you to make your selection! I can give you insightful pointers on a good choice based on your preferences if you'd like. Just let me know!"

Staying silent, the girl's slumped shoulder hugs the wall, her downward gaze eyeing the captivating floor pattern as thoughts circulate throughout her brain, attempting to push through her gloomy state of affairs and make her selection as to her first Pokemon partner. A goofy looking farm bird, an ugly arctic bird, an even uglier fat pig, which may or may not be redundant, some sort of dopey, herpy-derpy looking dinosaur-like herbivore that smells funny, or that deranged bipedal lizard that almost bit off her head earlier are the girl's unfortunate choices. The only creatures that end up of any interest to the teen are the two grass-types. Birds just aren't her thing, unless perhaps they're birds of prey, of which a farm animal hardly qualifies as such, and as far as she's aware, the diet of the Prinplup Family, while consisting of various sea critters, doesn't bring them into the same class as creatures like noctowl, pidgeot, or braviary which just so happens to be one of her favorite bird Pokemon. The pig doesn't even need consideration. It's just gross and ugly. Stinky too, probably, and it'll probably just act as unwanted competition for food, a truly unforgivable act with Zoey present. Herpaderpasaurus doesn't catch her eye as all too interesting, but it would certainly be more docile compared to Rip-your-face-off-saurus Rex. Her thoughts then shoot back towards the green reptile exposed to her earlier, internalizing her analysis of the grass-type.

"Come to think of it, charmeleon and grovyle are both predatory reptiles. Both are of the same species families, sharing both the Monster and Dragon, the second one being key, breeding classes. While charmeleon's supposed ancestry shares close links with past dragons, and charizard even resembles one, I do know that grovyle's line isn't far off either. Still, that thing seemed like it wanted to kill me... But still... I don't think I could be happy if I chose any of the others..." reasons out the young girl, identifying important factors in her decision making process.

"Well, uh, would you like to tell me some of the thi-" brainstorms aloud the Professor in an attempt to aid along the selection for Zoey's starter, only to find her question cut short by the girl making her proclamation, shifting her stance upright. "I think I'll choose grovyle."

"Oh, well uh... Are you -sure- about that? It -did- try to attack you. Even a professional would have trouble tempering such an agitated creature..." notifies the Professor to the adolescent, ensuring that the trainer-to-be is making a proper judgment in selecting the violent monster from earlier.

Shifting her position around to address the scientist directly, hesitating to meet her gaze head on but gradually doing so over the course of her statement, she nonetheless justifies her decision to Professor Pine. "Well, I don't really like the others... and... grovyle is pretty similar to charmeleon in terms of their shared heritage. I think I would regret choosing one of the other four in the long run, so... I think grovyle is the only choice I wouldn't regret later on. I'm not sure how I can make it more friendly towards me, but I think I can handle it."

"Is that so? Well... If you say so," recognizes the Professor, reaching into her pockets to extract a cluster of pokeballs and a League-certified pokedex, all while Zoey approaches the table with the tray atop it.

"Since you were late earlier, I had the opportunity to register you into the region's Pokemon League. Your ID and other miscellaneous trainer information will be stored within this nifty all purpose device. Make sure you memorize your league ID number for if you lose your pokedex, you'll need your ID number to register for League events instead and also to obtain a replacement pokedex," the Professor informs the newly minted trainer before shifting her attention to the pile of pokeballs and the tray beside her before continuing. "These are 5 pokeballs I'll gift you so that you can practice catching Pokemon in the surrounding countryside. I hope you're ready for your adventure! Congratulations!"

Smiling shyly in response, Zoey looks away as her cheeks redden as a response to the Professor's recognition of the girl's important milestone in life, responding softly so as to not draw too much more attention to herself. "Uh... thanks..."

Recalling where she last placed Grovyle's pokeball, she scoops it up alongside the pile of empty pokeballs and piles them carefully atop Zoey's glistening white Pokedex. The woman's gaze looks up towards the now rookie trainer, beaming towards the girl in joy over the young woman's beginning as a trainer. Blushing even brighter now, Zoey quickly takes the pokedex and the balls from the Professor's hands, dumping them into her pink sack before zipping it up.

"Well now," the older woman states as she stands upright once again. "Again congratulations on obtaining your new partner! Have fun on your journey and stay out of trouble! Good luck with Grovyle!"

Sending her off, Zoey is all too willing to oblige, taking off without even saying a word, instead tossing her right arm into the air, waving it as she signifies her departure and the start of an ambitious, new adventure. This time, it's for real, not some childish make-believe in the back woods. No, this is the start of REAL adventure. A mighty journey of many trials and challenges are sure to await her, but nonetheless, if anyone is to overcome them, Zoey's the perfect girl for the job. She would become a fierce and respected trainer across the land, a true master of the art and science of Pokemon combat. This it it; the unfolding of a bold saga, as the road to the Pokemon League begins now. No doubt, she will have to be at her best to compete with the world's finest in a winner-take-all tournament. She won't back down, not for anyone. Nothing will stand in the way of her ultimate goal. Her legend begins now.

"This is it..." affirms Zoey to herself, departing the Center's glass doors and embarking on the journey of a lifetime.

First things first, she'll have to find her way out of this dump of a metropolis and find her way to the proper route that'll take her in the direction of her first gym challenge in an attempt to wrest control of it's gym's coveted badge, certified by the Pokemon League as one of eight keys necessary to compete in the greatest tournament in the region.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!

Last edited by Xlugon Pyro; January 29th, 2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

Well I posted, but I didn't just want to have a typical encounter. I kinda wanted it to stand out a bit, but if I crossed any lines just let me know and I'll fix it boss. (:
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Lostworld
cosmic castaway

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I can feel the testosterone level rising by the minute.
Gawd. I dunno if Meredith is ready for this.

Also, thank you Red for accepting me and your short tutorial on CSS <3 so helpful!

White FC: 0948 6849 1430
Platinum FC: 0046 7494 7185
tumblr.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here