The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old February 9th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
Hmmm why not just breed the Pokémon with an ugly nickname so that you get one with your own OT and ID? That's what I always do. Besides, if people are trading you Pokémon with good IVs and nature, chances are it's a trusted person who will let you choose the nickname anyway.

I also don't like the idea of online players rating names. This is a game played mostly by children, and kids might be upset with getting hate online.
Well legendaries can't be bred so if that's the case, then yeah you're stuck with the name... :(

As for the second point, yeah, it could be a little damaging to kids so it might be better off if it doesn't happen.
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:57 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I think the name rater will stay pretty much the same, except I sincerely hope that if a trubbish is traded over, and it's just named trubbish, then you can change it's name. Because let's be honest, a pokemon being named it's species name is not "a sign of the love the previous trainer had for it" or whatever the name rater says. :P
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Honestly, I guess I wouldn't mind if the name rather served more of a purpose, but at the same time, I guess I just don't really care. I don't really nickname my Pokemon often anyway, so as long as he serves that primary function, whatever secondary function he serves wouldn't really have an effect on me~! n_n;
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here