The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:38 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Any new music, movies, books, anime, TV shows, or anything else of that sort that is scheduled for release in the new future that you're anticipating greatly?
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
I don't keep up with much of anything anymore. I just know Arrested Development and Workaholics are about to release new seasons (and a movie!) and that's why I'm still alive.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:25 AM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

I don't really anticipate music releases or anime, but movies I am looking forward to include Side Effects, The Great Gatsby, Beautiful Creatures, Catching Fire and Stoker. This is a good year for movies.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
^ what Toshiro. said, basically I'm looking forwards to almost a dozen movie premieres. There's a rock band I like named RED who's releasing a new album in February, so there's that too I guess.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Movies:
- Star Trek Into the Darkness
- Warm Bodies

TV Shows:
- Legend of Korra, Book II - Spirits
- Spartacus

Very much looking forward to the above coming out. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment D:
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Biffy Clyro's new album Opposites will be released shortly which I cannot wait for. What I've heard so far has been amazing and knowing Biffy it's only going to get better, so I'm pretty excited for this. Other than that there's the rest of the new series of Doctor Who with the new assistant and there's the new Hobbit film coming out a long time from now, but not much else I can think of for now haha.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Esper

I always forget what's coming out. Thanks for reminding about the new Star Trek movie. I'm definitely looking forward to that more than anything that I can think of right now (which isn't a whole lot, admittedly.) Oh, and the next season of Sherlock. Basically I'm looking forward to anything with Benedict Cumberbatch in it.

Edit: holy cow, how did I forget they were rebooting Sailor Moon? I am all over that.

deviantart blog pair

Last edited by Esper; January 23rd, 2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: 月に代わっておしおきよ
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Oh man oh man oh man, I'm more stoked for anime this year than I've ever been.
Spoiler:
>Sailor Moon reboot
>Sora no Otoshimono season 3
>Steins;Gate movie
>Madoka movie
>Saint Young Men movie
>Persona 3 movie
>Tokyo Ravens adaptation
>Dangan Ronpa adaptation
>OreImo season 2
>Evangelion 3.0 rips
>Doki Doki Precure

Other than that...Not much. There's a visual novel that I'm looking forward to and a couple of video games, but that's it.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
I'm not big on tv shows or movies really, but I am anticipating Book 2 of The Legend of Korra. And I'd like to see Catching Fire. I didn't even plan on seeing the Hunger Games, but I enjoyed it and will probably continue to see the rest of the movies in the series...even though there's only three lol.

As for music, Klippy said Kings of Leon is supposed to have a new album this year, though I haven't heard any such news. :( I'm just hoping he's right, so that's my musical anticipation for 2013. When it comes to music, I just like to discover it as I go through the year. But Kings of Leon has been my favorite band for years, so of course that's one of the only groups I actively keep up with. Considering one of them just had a child though, idk I feel like there won't be anything new this year, but I see Jared tweeting about being in the studio and practicing sometimes...though he could be talking about his other band Smoke and Jackal. Yes, I keep up more with the Kings than the Kardashians. Sue me.

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Antemortem

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Definitely Vividred Operation and Tamako Market, as far as anime is concerned. In regards to movies, definitely Side Effects, After Earth, and Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I'm not too big on keeping up with TBR albums or television shows, so I'm at a loss there. Everything in that respect comes as it will.

kawaii in the sheets
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

If I get a decent job, I might import the Blu-Ray releases of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. We'll see.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Altomare
Purupuru!

-Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Thor 2
-Transformers 4 (I've heard it's coming soon)
-Jurassic Park 4 (apparently they set a release date of 2014 or something...)
-Gundam Unicorn episode 6
-Gundam Seed Destiny Remaster
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:43 PM
jgalvan100
*****monally Challenged

Nature: Naive
I'm really looking forward to Eminem's new album. As for movies, the new DBZ movies looks awesome. Also the reveal of the Mom in HIMYM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Also the reveal of the Mom in HIMYM.
OMG. How did I forget this?! YES. This. This is in my list as well.

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:19 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
A decent rip of Evangelion 3.0 with subs.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
Music

M.I.A. (whose first two albums are just blazing fun and colourful) is going to release an album this year, as well as Danny Brown. Looking forward to both!

Possibly a new Death Grips or My Bloody Valentine album too. :D

Movies

I'm looking forward to Side Effects and Man of Steel, but otherwise it doesn't look to be a particularly interesting year (besides those two Ryan Gosling flicks that isn't Gangster Squad!).

TV Shows

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT BABE. Also, looking forward to the final chapter of Breaking Bad in the summer, Community very, very soon, and a new season of Mad Men as well as Game of Thrones.
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Music
Too many to count. Metallica, Blind Guardian, Sodom, Rotting Christ, Anthrax all have albums either confirmed to be released this year or have set dates, and there's just so many more. January alone gave me 10 new albums.
Movies
Die Hard next month, all the Marvel movies, and I guess whatever may come along in the year.

Sponsored Links