Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups
Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
wolf

Advertise here

ATTENTION: THE DATE HAS CHANGED FROM SUNDAY TO SATURDAY.

Please make teams for any tournaments you're interested before Community Day starts. By doing this, we won't have to wait on you to finish your team before starting a tournament.

What is a Community Day?

Community Day is a get-together that's held on the PC Battle Server all day (but it's not exclusive to battling). Tournaments are a mainstay in Community Day, while other activities such as mafia, diplomacy, and the like can be hosted during CD as well. Basically, Community Day is just about having fun battling and chatting while the server is at its peak of activity. If you would like, you may suggest other activities in this thread that we can do during Community Day. Also, keep in mind that Community Day is meant to be a very laid-back event, so really anyone can participate. There's no pressure on whether you win or lose in a tournament, or if you don't join one at all. We're all doing this to have a good time.

When is the upcoming Community Day?

Community Day starts at 8 AM (GMT -5 / EST) on Saturday, March 30th and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in New York; 1 PM in England; 9 PM in Western Australia; 12 AM in eastern Australia; and 5 AM in California. Just so you know, you don't need to be there at the launch; Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

How do I sign up?

There's no signing up required. All you have to do is show up on the PC Battle Server during the times we have listed in this thread. You might want to prepare teams for each tournament you plan on joining though. The tournament themes will be listed in this thread for that reason. Additionally, if you were online during this Community Day, you will receive the bronze emblem below. You can also get the silver or gold emblems if you participate in one or two more Community Days respectively. If you have already participated in previous Community Days, you will receive the silver one (assuming you partake in this Community Day) regardless of how many you were at.

What are the tournament rules, themes, and schedule?

All you have to do is follow BC's General Battle Rules. The ban lists for the tournament themes below can be found here. All tournaments are "Best of One" (participants battle each other once to determine a match-up) unless stated otherwise. Don't know what tiers are or need usage statistics? Use our Guides & Resources.

PC Battle Server themes
1. Spring-themed OU (All teams must consist of only Bug-, Flying-, Grass-, and Water-type Pokémon. Dual-type Pokémon may be used as long as they have one of those types. Ice-type Pokémon are banned, so any Bug/Ice, Flying/Ice, Grass/Ice, and Water/Ice Pokémon will be banned as a result.)
2. NU (moveset analyses)
3. Spring Forward (Seasonal Ladder) (Read this article for more information.)
4. Singles or Doubles Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
5. OU (standard) (moveset analyses)
6. LC (Read this guide for more information.) (moveset analyses)
7. UU (moveset analyses)
8. RU (moveset analyses)
9. PU (Read this thread for more information.) (usage statistics (look at Pokémon under 3.41% usage in NU), NU moveset analyses can be used)
...then repeat

Wi-Fi themes
There will not be any Wi-Fi tournaments unless there's enough people that want them.

We will go from the first theme listed and make our way down. The Wi-Fi tournaments will most likely run at the same time as the server tournaments. The orders may change during Community Day, but it's not likely. There is also a chance that we'll use other themes if there's a demand for them.

Last edited by wolf; March 20th, 2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Woop woop, looking forward to this. We should have a LC tour at some point this time, hasn't been one for quite a while! Not sure what's really March themed though... But Spring's all new-lifey and stuff right? So LC makes even more sense! ;)
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Woop woop, looking forward to this. We should have a LC tour at some point this time, hasn't been one for quite a while! Not sure what's really March themed though... But Spring's all new-lifey and stuff right? So LC makes even more sense! ;)
I agree with an LC tour, I just hope you all like clamperls! :]
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
I get haxed a lot and the hax gods who are the gods of hax hate me I'm sad :[
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
St. Patty's Day themed tournament? Pretty much mono-green I guess? I got nothing =x
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:30 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
Yes, I've been waiting for one of these! Hopefully I'll be bale to participate! :D
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Yay another Comm Day <3! Hmm for a tournament, how about an RU one since most people have been getting into it lately :3?
I'm not using this account anymore! I'm now
known as Narnia. Any VMs or PMs on this account
will likely go unanswered
. :p
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:15 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Ooh Comm Day!

I think we should go with a spring-themed tourney, where you can only use pokemon that are grass, bug, flying and water types? I'm not sure what tier though. And maybe you can't use ice or poison types as well?

My only qualm with comm day is that it's so far away! D;
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:37 PM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
I think we should go with a spring-themed tourney, where you can only use pokemon that are grass, bug, flying and water types? I'm not sure what tier though. And maybe you can't use ice or poison types as well?
I really like this idea. For the tier, we can use OU, as it's the least restricting official tier sans Ubers. I'm not sure about banning Poison-types, because that would also ban Beedrill, Roserade, and other spring-related Pokemon.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

I was only thinking no poison because poison equals pollution, and pollution equals death instead of life that spring brings? (it made sense in my head XD) But I agree that spring without bees and roses isn't spring. And also, poison symbolizes the growth of poison ivy! :D
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
wolf

There's also Pokemon like Crobat and Scolipede, which breed during springtime (of course, I mean what they're based on does). I get your point though, but I think it'll be fine as long as Muk, Garbodor, etc. are banned.

pc battle server • skype: awolffromspace • avatar source
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

C-Commday!!
I've been looking forward to this since I came back.
I would really enjoy this if there's RU and LC in it.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
wolf

Alright, I added Golurk's idea for a Spring-themed OU in addition to RU and LC. Things are still up for change though.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:10 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Ohh Community Day. Never been to one. Looking forward to this though ;D
SIMPLE is the new SMART
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:01 AM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I participated in the last Community Day, so why not do it again?

And yeah, I'd like the nice Spring theme especially given so many Grass and Water-types are cool.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:14 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

oooh yes Commday! The last one was my first one and I enjoyed it so much This one sounds like it will be so fun! Will we be doing a spring seasonal randbat tourney? The winter wonderland tourney was very fun!

"By force of will!"

Last edited by Powalen; January 23rd, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:47 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
Yay another COMM-DAY!!

Will be rsvp-ing~
Also we should have an UU tounament as well, and maybe a doubles VGC? or Doubles Custom?
"The one who seeks the right path!"

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.

Last edited by YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias; January 26th, 2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Wow! This will be great. I also recommend having a doubles and UU tourney. I will definately join because I will receive a gold emblem considering that I was there at the 2 last Community Days.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 24th, 2013, 09:14 AM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
oooh yes Commday! The last one was my first one and I enjoyed it so much:) This one sounds like it will be so fun! Will we be doing a spring seasonal randbat tourney? The winter wonderland tourney was very fun!
It's a possibility if Smogon makes a more recent Seasonal Ladder metagame, but they haven't so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
Wow! This will be great. I also recommend having a doubles and UU tourney.
What type of doubles would you like? VGC, Randbats, Smogon?

Quote:
I will definately join because I will receive a gold emblem considering that I was there at the 2 last Community Days.
Actually, all of the previous Community Days will only provide you a bronze emblem. So, if you participate in this Community Day, you will get silver. The reason for this is that I don't have proof on who participated in all of the previous Community Days. There are the participant lists, but most people didn't bother posting if they already had the emblem from a previous Community Day.
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:12 PM
clay10mc
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
Yay! I can't wait! This'll be my first Comm Day! I think there should be a tourney for teams that have something to do with rain (not necessarily a rain/drizzle team, but just related to rain) as rain and spring are basically synonymous!

Gen 6 is here!
Pairs: Gym Leader Jake
Twihiki_Amias
jellicentfan1!!!
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:02 AM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
YAY for Comm Day! xD The previous one was my first; hope this next one would be just as fun! I like the idea of a Spring-theme. Looking forward to this day! xD
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere;
every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb

I had another idea (although it's similar to my first idea since they're both about spring :P)

Maybe we could have a weather themed NU, where you have to have a pokemon with either rain dance or sunny day, and then you had to have a grass type that is a flower (so like bellossom)

Kind of an april showers bring may flowers type of deal. (except with sun thrown in XD)

Hm, this is kind of like a parallel to the glaceon NU tourney for last commday haha
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:31 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Looking forward to this! But my PC username is different to my PS username, should I just make a knew PS user?

White 2:
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:02 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
not sure if anyone else wants it but i would really like a wifi tournament.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:28 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
Looking forward to this! But my PC username is different to my PS username, should I just make a knew PS user?

You can just use the one you currently have, heck almost everyone at the server goes by a different name so it won't be a problem, but if you still feel like you want to create a new PS name, then it's up to you entirely.

Scratch that, make that quiet a few people from the forum go by a different name, as I'm just remembering whilst typing this line. X;D
"The one who seeks the right path!"

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:11 PM
wolf

Planning is over now that the date is getting ever closer, but I did add Spring Forward (Seasonal Ladder) and PU to the list of themes. The tournament themes are now set in stone, so start making those teams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
I had another idea (although it's similar to my first idea since they're both about spring :P)

Maybe we could have a weather themed NU, where you have to have a pokemon with either rain dance or sunny day, and then you had to have a grass type that is a flower (so like bellossom)

Kind of an april showers bring may flowers type of deal. (except with sun thrown in XD)

Hm, this is kind of like a parallel to the glaceon NU tourney for last commday haha
I think we're good with just one Spring-themed metagame, but I'm going to add Spring Forward to the list because the Seasonal Ladder was very popular last time. Spring Forward is pretty similar to your idea anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
not sure if anyone else wants it but i would really like a wifi tournament.
Only if more Wi-Fi battlers are willing to participate. Last time we had about two Wi-Fi battlers on, despite a good deal of TC knowing about it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here