Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Advertise here
In Pokemon Black and White versions just like previous generations there were multiple In-game trades available to you. Some of these trades, however, differed depending on the versions. The trades were:

Pokemon Black exclusive:
You received this Petilil(Lillil) for a Cottonee.

You recieved this Basculin(Redeye) for a Minccino

Pokemon White exclusive:

You received this Cottonee(Fluffee) for a Petilil
You received this Basculin(Blueye) for a Minccino

Both Versions:

You received this Emolga(Minipete) for a Boldore.

You received this Rotom(Eeks) for a Ditto

And in the summer only you receive this Munchlax(Gorge) for a Cinccino.

What did you think of these trades? Did you do them? Did you use the Pokemon? Were they fair trades? Do you wish that maybe there were more trades? Did you like the fact that they were a fixed level?

Discuss....

"By force of will!"

Last edited by Powalen; January 22nd, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
I wish there were better trades,
I traded Cinccino for that Munchlax,
and honestly I never used it lol.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:40 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Hmm I liked the Pokemon they offered honestly! They were unique, rare Pokemon that you couldn't normally find in the wild and I think they were fair trades. It wasn't too much of a hassle to get the Pokemon they wanted except for Rotom with Ditto which was worth it in the end! The only problem I would have with them is I didn't really like the nicknames they were provided with.

I honestly didn't use the Pokemon since at the time I had a planned team already and I didn't really have much use for them. However I liked the in-game trade Pokemon in Gen 5 :3!
I'm not using this account anymore! I'm now
known as Narnia. Any VMs or PMs on this account
will likely go unanswered
. :p
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I think all in game trades are worth it in a way. I mean, it has a special OT/id number that you can't get otherwise. And I mean Cottonee sucks, but so does Petilil. I think the Rotom one is a good trade, and munchlax is decent, but otherwise, they suck.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Oh I forgot Rotom,
It's the only one I used,
pretty useful I tell you.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:59 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
I think that trades in general are beneficial to whatever version you may have, for completing the PokeDex and collections sake. Another thing, in Generation 2's GSC, they had the Weekly Lottery in Golden Rod's Radio Tower. Back then doing as much trading as you can possibly can was crucial for the sake of a winning lot, as getting different ID's/OT's to match the Lotto Number would eventually get you a win.
I really have to play through the Generation 5 games to get more of a experience in the world of trading.
When I have time that is. :O

Also, Great Post Jelli! :D
"The one who seeks the right path!"

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I did try a few of these in-game trades in Black but the only ones worth adding to the Pokedex were the Petilil (which has maxed Sp. Atk IVs and a Modest nature) and also the Rotom and Munchlax. Thankfully I caught myself a spare Cinccino on Route 9 so I could get Munchlax.

I even managed to evolve my Munchlax into a Snorlax.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I don't use in-game traded Pokémon beside Machop in Johto as I already have planned team.
But I liked these trades, they provided you with interesting items.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Correspondence

The in game trade in B/W were pretty interesting.A Rotom for a Ditto and an Emolga for a Boldore and ofcourse i traded with them.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
They were actually pretty good, compared to recent ones. I got the munchlax, which is my beast snorlax till this day.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
The Ditto for Rotom trade was a no brainer for me, as I already had 2 (one in my box, the other in the daycare). The Rotom actually turned out to be quite useful, and is one of the best Pokemon on my White team. I just wish some of the names weren't so silly (Minipete?), but at least the Pokemon were decent.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Arlo

I always do all the in-game trades anyway, but I generally don't expect much. I was honestly pretty impressed with them in this gen though, since they tend to have beneficial natures (Modest on Lillil is perfect - Lax on Minipete not so much so) and have nice stats. I ended up using Lillil in Black, but only to breed, since I wanted Own Tempo. But I managed to get my own Modest out of her, and with her 31 Sp Atk too, in addition to Own Tempo, so she really helped me out.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
Evey
Female Red

Nature: Adamant
The Version exclusive ones are just there for the Pokedex, so they are fine.

But the ones if both version are awesome. A rotom for a ditto. Thats good in my book. Judging that a Ditto is only good for breeding, being super cute, and.....................disquises.

Also Munchlax, awesome. However I don't use any of these Pokemon on my Team (Blaze, Vee, Eon, Red) because they are hard to keep up with and have horrible nicknames...
Evey
"I-I'm not looking for you, there is anouther..."
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
I thought the trades were 'all-right' and I used the two Black-exclusive ones on my first run through.

White 2:
Old February 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM
KingSquirtle
Unhatched Egg

I did them but I've yet to get the munchlax lol I'm lazy. I did the others for pokedex sake but I never use traded Pokemon. Not as a rule it just never happens lol. But I did breed minipete to obtain a female emolga (Jilsey) that I love and feel super attached to xD

I did them but I've yet to get the munchlax lol I'm lazy. I did the others for pokedex sake but I never use traded Pokemon. Not as a rule it just never happens lol. But I did breed minipete to obtain a female emolga (Jilsey) that I love and feel super attached to xD

Last edited by KingSquirtle; February 5th, 2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here