The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old January 23rd, 2013 (03:20 AM).
Arkywhitegirl
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Arkywhitegirl
I find it hard to believe Butterfree weighs that much unless someone has a good explanation.
Old January 23rd, 2013 (02:38 PM).
MegamanDX
Pokemon/Megaman fan

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to MegamanDX
Just like the Pikachu that weighs like 30-40lbs...Never could understand that.......

How could a mouse weigh that much...Maybe most of them are over weight? IKD
Old January 23rd, 2013 (04:07 PM).
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
They're probably really dense, like three-foot-tall flying balls of lead.

When you think about it in terms of height vs weight, it's not that bad. Butterfrees are surprisingly big. The REAL question is why is Furret almost six feet tall? It's got no business being that tall.
Old January 23rd, 2013 (09:13 PM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
That is a good question. How would something that heavy stay in the air with such a small wingspan (Mind you a lot of Pokémon are like that)

Probably somothing that was just overlooked
Old January 23rd, 2013 (11:16 PM).
Whistler
Questioner

Nature: Gentle
Didn't you know? In the Pokemon world butter comes from dead Butterfree. Butterfree are filled with pounds of butter because they enjoy feasting on Miltanks. I thought everyone knew that...
Old January 24th, 2013 (09:56 AM).
Cassino

And a Wailord weighs 877lbs while a similarly-sized sperm whale weighs at least 30,865lbs.
The point is, Pokemon weights are always nonsensical and only serve as a way for some moves to determine their base power.
Old January 30th, 2013 (04:55 AM).
Pillowing
A dash of luck!

Nature: Quirky
Pokemon heights and weights make absolutely no sense to me... When I'm trying to make up character concepts and stories I just fudge it a bit and make it up myself in real life comparison to animals. I just prefer it over the awkward guidelines the game designers put out there.

Hey, I'm AJ.
[DA][Tumblr][Charahub]
Old January 31st, 2013 (07:07 AM).
Thecardlunatic
Unhatched Egg

Lol yeah some things don't make sense at all lol. I never noticed but good point indeed :D
Old January 31st, 2013 (09:04 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
And a Wailord weighs 877lbs while a similarly-sized sperm whale weighs at least 30,865lbs.
The point is, Pokemon weights are always nonsensical and only serve as a way for some moves to determine their base power.
This.

The truth is, I don't think anyone who works on these sort of statistics really pay much attention to how much a Pokémon is going to weigh or how big it might really be. They clearly make no sense, but they serve the purpose for moves that require a Pokémon's weight to determine its base power such as Low Kick and others alike.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (10:46 AM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Considering Butterfree are freaking huge compared to a butterfly anyway...

Personally, I think it's in the wings. If the wings have a sort of mass behind them, it's probably what allows them to kick up such powerful winds. Think about it. One really good, directed flap from a Butterfree probably has enough wind power to blow your hat off, kick up pollen or blow leaves around, and noticably shake the leaves in trees. Continuing that motion is what'll cause the cyclones.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links