The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Sometimes I see a cloud and try to envision the water the cloud contains condensed. I want to envision this accurately, so, community scientists, would the cloud contain enough to fill a swimming pool? More or less? I'm talking like your average cumulus cloud on a sunny day. Sorry if that's not enough information.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Couldn't you google this?

I'd say that since clouds vary dramatically in size etc... it would be fairly hard to get a fixed result on this.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Why should I when I can ask someone here, all the while igniting a potentially interesting conversation? Conversations like this are how people are able to consult google for things in the first place. I was hoping not only to spark a curiosity and wonder of an amazing feat such as clouds here, on this forum, but to get a broad response on the topic as a whole. In my dreams that could happen. Commence with the boring "lol google" answers.

Last edited by outfox; January 23rd, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
shenanigans
in rainbows

I actually live with someone who could probably answer this to some extent - it sounds right up his alley with the kinda work he does. If not then I'll take a stab at it if I can. But I can tell you now that it'd depend on the density of the cloud, it's volume, and the volume of the swimming pool - all of which are absurdly variable. But I'll ask him a bit later and get back to ya because I'm interested in this one too now, haha.

By the way - I'm alright with this thread, for anyone who thinks it should just be googled and closed or whatever. I don't know exactly what sort of discussion's gonna form here but something interesting at least will hopefully come out of it and I imagine we'd all learn something. I wanna give this a shot and see how it does.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I've always wanted to live on a cloud...

And that's an interesting question, actually. I'd assume it could though. Clouds are massive. Don't take my word for it! Also, the thread title = awesome
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links