The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:03 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
What was your most painful injury?
Not the most interesting topic, but seems poll-worthy to me.

-
I get hurt relatively often, but it usually isn't all that bad. I remember it being horribly painful to have a needle (for a numbing shot because I needed stitches) jammed into a portion of my heel that was already cut open, though. I had lost a piece of my heel when I stepped on a glass picture frame. Still can't feel part of my foot because of that, but the nerves seem to be slowly healing. I really need to go dig up the picture of my stitched-up foot to post here ahaha.

If not that, then I'm going to go with twisting my ankle sometime ago. Seems lame, but by how painful it was, there was potential it had twisted far enough to break. I was amazed that it was possible for something to hurt that much without easing. I was with other people, so I just had to fake a straight face and limp back to the car (I couldn't put any weight on that foot/ankle).

It was also painful having my sister drop me on my head on the corner of a glass-top stove when I was like 7. My best friend pointed out that it could have been worse: the stove could have been turned on.

Having my face covered in severe second degree burns wasn't very fun, either.

Those are the only ones I can remember. I'm sure literally having my skin burned off with chemicals must have hurt like heck, but I can't remember it.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; January 25th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:14 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Hidden in case people have weak stomachs.

Spoiler:
When I was 16 I was stabbed in the leg twice. I bled out for about half an hour due to complicated circumstances and then I had to walk 3 houses down to my own house so my mom could take me to the hospital. I lost a lot of blood and the doctor had to staple the cuts closed, but I was fine within a few months. They ripped the staples out with one of these, though.

There was nothing surgical about it. They just grabbed a staple remover and started pulling staples out freely. 19 staples, and the doctor kept making the same joke about how she wanted to make it an even 20 just for fun. Girl, you are putting metal into my leg. There's nothing fun about that.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

The only injury that I have had was when I broke my arm when I was 7. Fell off a wall and hit the floor arm first.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
My most painful injury is when I was in high school

It was icey outside and I was in a rush to get to school. I slipped on some ice and broke my leg in three places.
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
TBH I am pretty lucky and I try to keep myself safe.. I think my most painful "injury" is when I fell head-first backwards onto the ice (I used to do figure skating and I did an unsuccessful maneouver.) That reaally hurt and I got a concussion.

Other than that, I would have to say I used to have some really terrible period pains that would go on for hours in the middle of the night and make me throw up. Felt like stabbing knives and like something in my spleen exploded or something.. was horrible.
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
When I was eleven I fell off my skateboard and caught myself with my hands, thus breaking my left wrist into three pieces, as the doctor described it iirc. My arm looked so crazy, kind of twisted and bent out of shape. I- honest-to-God- thought I was mutating into an alien. That frightened me enough to distract me from the pain.
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!

Nature: Relaxed
I fell over like every 10 minutes as a kid... but I haven't ever had any major injury. My most recent painful experience ('cause it's the most painful I can think of atm), is the other day when I woke up, and I had slept in a wrong position, so I could not turn my head to the right or lean it to the right without getting a stabbing pain from down behind my neck up to behind my right ear. (I worked on it and 2 days later it was back to normal [nearly], now I can move my head around but I sometimes get a very dull pain)
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Hah, I hurt myself all the time. My friends call me a masochistic.

Anywho, the most painful injury I can recall was falling/jumping off a tree when I was 15 feet up it. Landed awkwardly and couldn't put pressure on my right leg for a week. Missed out on three days of school.
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

2 particular injuries come to mind.

First one was where I had my palm sliced open by a steak knife as I was opening up a Christmas gift back when I was still a kid. Second one was where I was in middle school and I ended up having my ankle twisted to where I couldn't walk right for about a month at least, how I got that one though is a mystery even to me.

Gotta love the high life.
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

The most physical pain I have ever been through was when I was combing my hair and managed to pinch a nerve and tear a muscle in my neck at the same time. NOTHING I did would make the pain stop, and NOTHING I did didn't hurt. I couldn't get my clothes on, I couldn't lay down, I couldn't do anything. Or it would hurt.

I just got over this, actually. It doesn't hurt too bad now, but I should get checked out for a hemorrhaged spinal disk soon.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I rarely get any wounds or bruises or scars. I'm pretty careful with my body, so I don't get down and dirty with things. When I do get scars, it'll be just a small little scratch.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old January 25th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

The most recent injuries I had obtained were when I went ice skating last year.

One incident was when I slipped and fell on the ice, landed squarely on my left elbow (or was it my right?) and ended up with a huge bruise plus a swelling about the size of a grape. No joke. Luckily there wasn't any bleeding or else things might have been worse. It didn't hurt much though; the cold made it too numb for any sense of pain.

Another incident was when I slipped backwards (a similar incident to Kura's) and banged the back of my head hard on the uneven, rough ice. Slept for many hours out of minor concussion when I got home.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Sylphiel
get away, run away, fly away

Nature: Quirky
The two most painful I can think of both involve nearly breaking bones of mine.

First was when I was still young, we had one of those large plastic pools, and a few kids, including me, thought it would be a great idea to get a lawn chair and jump off that into the pool. Well, it was a great idea - until I somehow landed on my hand the wrong way. Oh yeah, thankfully my finger wasn't broken, but it hurt for a good long while (I do vaguely recall howling in pain over it) and even had to be kept in a splint while it recovered.

Second was a few years back. I was outside looking for something - I want to say a cat - when my feet didn't quite clear a pile of wooden boards sitting right outside our garage and SLAM goes my big toe straight into it. Yeah, I was certain that one was broken, it certainly looked like it could have been, but it was just bruised rather badly according to the doctor.

So. yeah. :P

» Paired with Ausaudriel, yo.
» I also make pictures. Sometimes.
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Crux
Evermore

Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Hum, I can think of two.

One was when I running, tripped, and skidded across concrete on my face.
It looked like I had been attacked by a cheese grater.

And the other would be when I was way younger and was tossed up ten feet into the air.
It wouldn't have been bad had I not landed on the edge of a stair head first. Yup, stitches.

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
Most of my injuries are pretty much from my foot. But I rarely (pretty much never) broke a bone in my life.

Spoilered it because it contains a bit of graphical stuff (no pics though) so it's best to stay on the safe side. :P

Spoiler:
The most painful one, was a swollen toe. In my senior year of high school, when I had a job as an office assistant at a middle school, some "fungus" or bacteria was hidden in one of my favorite pair of shoes. I don't know how it got there, you know how bacteria comes out of nowhere. xD Without knowing that bacteria was there, I wore my shoes as if nothing was going to happen. The next day, two of my left toes were red, close to purple...and they were twice their size. (but not giant...like swollen giant. xD). Problem was, I couldn't miss work. So I had to resist the pain until I get off. Afterwards, I told my mom that my foot was hurting, and took me to Mexico to see a doctor. Immediately he sent me to the hospital via ambulance, because my foot condition was severe and needed medical attention asap.

So, he checked, and it turned out I have fungus. Or, in Spanish terms, "Hongo." Was placed in a cast, and was on medical leave for three days....even though I wasn't allowed to miss work. My boss didn't believe that I had a foot illness, so I had to show her to prove it. muahahaha.
One seems to hear words of good cheer from everywhere filling the air.
Oh how they pound, raising the sound. O'er hill and dale, telling their tale.
Gaily they ring while people sing songs of good cheer, Christmas is here!
Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas! Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas!
On on they send, on without end, their joyful tone to every home.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old January 28th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I have had like no injuries lol. I never do anything active so I don't get injured much at all. I think the most painful injury I've ever had was when my knee weakened randomly in the middle of a car park when I was 7 years old and I split my knee open and had to have three stitches put into it.

Yup, that's my big heroic injury tale. Three whole stitches

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 28th, 2013, 01:39 AM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I have had like no injuries lol. I never do anything active so I don't get injured much at all. I think the most painful injury I've ever had was when my knee weakened randomly in the middle of a car park when I was 7 years old and I split my knee open and had to have three stitches put into it.

Yup, that's my big heroic injury tale. Three whole stitches
Same here. I don't do much during my days and therefore, am not in any type of recovery.
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Yoshikkko

Not really an injury but it's the most painful thing I can remember atm. It was when I was sitting against the heater and my cat came along and I petted her but she was irritated and clawed, so I pulled my arm back as a reflex and it hit the heater really hard right on my funny bone (makes it sound less serious but anyway lol) and it was just in an instant immense pain, felt like my whole arm was numb and on fire, and I can remember lying on the ground and screaming really hard because it was just terrible lol. Two fingers stayed numb for a while after too and that spot is now even more sensitive than it normally is haha.

team super cotton ×
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Getting hit on the funny bone is no joke. This one time I was sparring in karate and my opponent goes to roundhouse me so I go to block it, but he ends up kicking me on the funny bone and like my arm was just screwed. It hurt him too but my arm just died, rush of pins and needles and pain and numbness. Forget getting a dead arm, that **** is fine after a few minutes but this was like, I couldn't even use it properly after I got hit for the rest of the evening. Whoever came up with the term 'funny bone' is a sadistic mother****er.

But my worst injury ever is probably when I simultaneously dislocated and broke my elbow from jumping off the monkey bars as a kid. I couldn't feel any pain at the time but I remember screaming for a teacher for ages on end. There was a period after the operation where the elbow joint would flare up while I was punching with my arm but thankfully that doesn't happen to me anymore and while that arm will never ever be able to fully straighten out again, it has healed well.
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:30 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Put bike on full speed, like pedaling to death
Trying to turn
Bike drifts and falls over
I land on my arm and the thing is bleeding to death
I still have the scar xD
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
I was in shop class a few years ago, and I was using a scroll saw. My friend said something funny, and my concentration slipped. Unfortunately, my hand also slipped - right into the saw, slicing my finger. I had to get stitches, and it hurt like hell.

Also, back when I was in middle school, my class had a field trip to the ice rink. Now, I can't ice skate at all, and I made the unfortunate mistake of trying. By the end of the day, I was covered in bruises and I had the wind knocked out of me numerous times.

To add to that misery, the next day I got strep throat. So yeah, covered in bruises, ridiculously sore, and infected with strep.

There was also the time I had 2 cavities. Got 'em filled, and the dentist didn't use Novacaine. Oh, and they were deep cavities that really needed Novacaine.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.

Last edited by Atomic Pirate; February 10th, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

I've been lucky enough to escape any sort of serious injuries, with the worst being some minor burns or cuts that weren't quite bad enough to require stitches (but left me with a couple of small scars on my arms, and a bigger one on my leg).

Last night, though, my sister partially tore a few tendons in her foot, while somehow twisting her opposite ankle at the same time. I don't envy her, as she can barely put any weight on either foot, so it takes here a minute or two to walk down our 15 foot hallway- even with crutches.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Thanks to me and my brother brawling a lot, I get my fair share of injuries.

However, my worst-ever injury was not from my brother, but I sliced my forehead on a door and it resulted in me having to have my entire forehead stitched. I now have a very thick scar where the massive cut was.

It's been 7 years since that horrible day.
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:22 AM
revere
Community Supporter

l;ets just say ive met with the worst accidents

i got this scar behind my head - i think when i was three, i fell and the back of my head hit the ledge or something or a door and it ended up in a blood clog, ouch! took days for me to recover

and this scar next to my eye - almost lost it cuz i hit the edge of a table, when i was 3 too!

i still remember sometime during august last year, my right index finger got banged up pretty hard and was cut from duty for a week plus, and it looks disfigured now ;;

and many, many more, sheesh ;;
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Fell down a flight of stairs head first back to the stairs. Only sprained my knee, was in a cast for a couple of weeks, nothing special. Doctors were amazed that I didn't break a knee or even anything else, as I was bumping my head on every stair down.

Sponsored Links