The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 31st, 2013 (10:59 PM).
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
For my main account, I use Yahoo because it's same account I've been using since 2005 so I don't feel like using anything else. I have many other emails that I created over the years to sign up for many sites more than once cause I'd be to lazy to retrieve my password. But I rarely use these. I also have secondary account on AOL that I also use pretty often. Might try Thunderbird cause it sounds very useful.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old February 1st, 2013 (06:34 PM).
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
My preferred is G-mail because it's easier to make a new one if necessary, but if I need to send anything to anyone, I'll use Messenger (AKA Hotmail, Live, etc xD)
Old February 4th, 2013 (02:13 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I've had so many different e-mail addresses and used so many different e-mail clients, one could say it's concerning. I most definitely prefer Gmail above them all though. Hotmail became too much of a mess for me and I gave up on that client years ago. The only reason I ever had one was for MSN, and now I just use Skype.

I like the new Yahoo, but I really don't use it except for maybe if I'm signing up for something and I don't want to use my main e-mail account. Other than that, I've tested a few other clients in the past, but these are the three that's most memorable to me.
Old February 4th, 2013 (02:15 PM).
Caelus
Gone

I've been using Hotmail since 2008 and its been my primary client since.

Once I start college though they got this new email account for me to use, so that'll be my primary in a few months.
Old February 5th, 2013 (05:29 AM).
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Generally an email client refers to a program you use to access your emails - such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc. I'd personally call Gmail/Hotmail and the like 'email providers/services'.

My main and uni accounts are Gmail-based and I run them through Mac Mail/iOS Mail. I do use my main account through Gmail's web client on my Windows desktop, however.

I also have a MobileMe account for professional purposes, because [email protected] looks far better than any other suffix on resumes and applications.
Old February 5th, 2013 (04:12 PM).
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Gmail's definitely the best, and I have one for formal stuff. But I use AOL most often.
Old February 8th, 2013 (12:21 AM).
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
I've been using Gmail for yeeeaaarrrsss and it's done everything I've ever needed it to do. I don't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon.

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old February 14th, 2013 (11:45 PM).
Scripturient
I think I've lost it.

Nature: Mild
After having Gmail for several years and testing many others as they came along. I must say, I am most pleased by what google offers in the email department.
Old February 15th, 2013 (06:13 AM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I use Gmail and GMX mail. I prefer to check both on my phone though, it's more convenient.
Old February 15th, 2013 (06:21 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I use Hotmail and my university's own email client. I don't email enough to bother checking for alternatives but Hotmail's always been really reliable for me and works perfectly for everything I could want. I might look into gmail soon though simply because my Hotmail username is rather childish and I'll need a more professional one soon haha.
Old February 15th, 2013 (07:30 PM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I use Gmail, and I have been using it since 2009. I like it cos it's easy to navigate.
Old February 17th, 2013 (12:41 AM).
Schnider
→ Beautiful ☆

Nature: Naughty
I have many accounts. Many, believe me. But I usually use only gmail and hotmail. Gmail for most of the stuff concerning registration on sites and official work while hotmail is used for skype.
Hi people, Schinder here. I'm a friendly user who likes to talk to people. I'm into graphics so you'll probably see me running around with various themes that'll be changed on a frequent basis. As you can probably guess from my theme, I really, really love One Piece. And Boa Hancock is a really nice character from the series so I thought I'd make a theme on her. So yes, my current theme is based on One Piece world's best looking woman 'Boa Hancock'. She's a character who is proud of her exquisite beauty and doesn't really care what others think. Once she has decided she'd do something, she's gonna do it. She doesn't take no for an answer. Nothing can stop her. Arrogance is a signature feature of her personality. But yes, what makes her awesome is that she's a strong warrior who kicks serious ass.
Old February 17th, 2013 (09:11 AM).
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
My preferred E-Mail client is Opera... Simple, fast, and has a lot you can customize.

As for E-Mails, I currently have just a couple E-Mails to work with, I like to use my own domain for my official stuff. Or to surprise people, I occasionally use my @goatse.cx E-Mail, I have a few canonical ones for different jobs and a general Gmail account for that. I just accumulated the rest via various things. One used to be my YouTube login for example.

Spoiler:
A little bit of E-Mail and RSS...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links