Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 18th, 2013 (08:22 PM).
Isaac.

Quote originally posted by xxkaylabby:
ah i can see what you mean by having problems with what you were telling me. the signature feels like it does need more depth. it feels like the render was just placed. also, i feel like some re-coloring would have helped a lot in the case, or adding another c4d to help(: burning the corners of the signature will help too.
I always look at my signature at the end and imagine (if I could) if I could "reach" into it and touch something, or if I am going to hit a brick wall xD

As for the cnc, I think that the light is a bit too intense and too yellow, also you should probably darken the edges.. the signature needs more contrast ;-)
Old August 19th, 2013 (09:22 PM).
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
Now that you mention it, the lighting is way too intense. Same thing about the lack of contrast. I feel frustrated making tags lately, it doesn't ever turn out as good as I like. I'll just take a small break and focus more on icons, speaking of which here are some icon updates:

after a few more, I'll probably open up an icon shop.
Old August 20th, 2013 (09:57 AM).
derozio
in love with his smartphone lel
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Yeah, taking a break does help when you're not feeling your works. I've tried it plenty of times only to find myself making even better stuff after I take a month long break or two. So good decision, I guess.

Critiquing those icons will be a little hard though. Because I don't know if it is just my mobile or are the colors really washed out in some of these? There's little that make the main focus stand out. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the washed out color style. But when I'm looking at these icons I dot really think they're working for these. Talking mostly about the one with the teddy bear in it and the last icon here btw. Second last one has some vibrant reds that look really nice and I do feel as if you've done a good job on that. The one with the anime girl has some text at the top left corner which is only partially visible I believe. Sorta distracting. The LoZ icons just don't stand out though. They look really...normal?

Keep up the good work though. Dero's defo a fan.

edit - the loz icons look sorta dull because the colors could still have been brought out further. The yellows and greens especially. Imo.
Old August 20th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

Thanks for the critique dero. <3 I was trying to do the teddybear one "livejournal" icon style, I guess adding some brighter colours and sharpening a bit would help? As for the LoZ ones they were almost black/white and the colours were barely visible so I used a lot of selective colour and vibrance layers. You're right though I should add some more to the yellows and greens. brb trying out your suggestions <3
Old August 25th, 2013 (02:53 PM).
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

my new laptop just arrived and now I can make better smudges since it's touch screen <3 it's pretty fun using photoshop with my fingers as if it were an app. Anyway here's my latest tag at the moment. This one is focused on practicing my smudging technique. There's not much else going on with it since I'm trying to get comfortable with my smudging technique. I probably should of made the smudges bi-tone actually, I think there's too much yellow. CnC?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links