The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
Evey
Female Red

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
I think Professor Elm gave it the player in Emerald as a present for completing the Hoenn Pokedex.

But honestly we know where all unchosen starters go....*cries inside*
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:41 PM
pokem0nprincess

Nature: Quirky
I think that since in RBY there is unused data for a battle against Prof. Oak with the pokemon not chosen by either Red or Blue, maybe Prof. Elm keeps it for himself as a companion. I read a really cute Pokemon story about Prof. Oak's relationship with a Bulbasaur and it just made me think, don't the professors get lonely without their own Pokemon companion? Hmmmm. We'll probably never know...

Edit: I also really like the theory of Emerald getting it for their pokedex. That way, it is still someone's companion (presumably.) But, who knows. I still think the professors will be lonely without their own companion.

Last edited by pokem0nprincess; February 10th, 2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Forgot about Emerald!
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Nature: Adamant
I seem to remember in one of the games Elm mentioning the last starter being stored for safekeeping to prevent the issue with the rival/antagonist person (Official name plz?) from happening again. I still haven't actually started playing HeartGold, so I could check, if I weren't lazy, and preferred the color silver. Although it would be rather interesting if Nintendo had you play as one of the unknown characters that kind of grabbed the remaining starter and played through the game, but with all of the events completing just before you got to them, and then having other issues arise because of such. But that's another topic P

Last edited by Darkest Shade of Light; February 13th, 2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Grammar Nazi made grammar errors
Old February 15th, 2013, 06:54 AM
BUKKØW

Nature: Brave
I've always wanted to know where it goes. I always thought it would kinda cool if after you defeat the E4 that as a prize you would get the the 3rd starter. Unless like in black/white when theyre 3 trainers in the beginning.

3DS FC: 5429-9023-9555
Current Shinys: NONE
FRIEND SAFARI:
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
It just sits there on the table, FOREVER. Either that or it's in the Professor's PC box.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Ravenyte

Maybe another trainer stole it? :0
Old March 9th, 2013, 04:29 PM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

He put in in the PC to avoid it getting stolen like the one Silver got.
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:08 PM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
I always imagined that a newbie trainer came and picked it up and started his/her journey.
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:11 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
It's probably given to some other new trainer.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old March 10th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed
It'll probably just sit in its Pokeball on that table for eternity. Waiting, waiting for its future trainer that would never come to pick it up.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:05 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I played over 600 hours of HG and that starter is still there sitting on the table. Unless they put down the Pokemon since no one wanted it, and they just keep the Pokeball there just for us to think that they didn't do anything to the Pokemon... :'C
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Edsbob
TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE

Nature: Relaxed
Every time you turn off the game, the remaining little ripper goes on it's own journey out to the world out of the lab... Until it decides the whether is far too harsh in the outside world compared to the ideal Pokeball environment. Every time, it ends up deciding that it will wait for the ONE TRAINER that will pick it as their starting Pokemon for the new hacked pokemon game... POKEMON BRONZE.

...But really, I believe Elm leaves it out for the pokemon to appeal to young starting trainers, and puts it away otherwise so it doesn't get stolen.
Old March 31st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
my guess is it goes to lyra but i on't know why she waited that much to take a starter.
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here