The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Left 4 good

Advertise here
Ok I recently decided to sell my blue version, the sticker is on the cartirdge.
I HAVE the box, though its slightly worn, and I have the manual.

What can I expect to get for this?
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I'm not quite sure what you mean. So, I understand that you've sold the blue version but are you saying that you want to buy it again or is it that you want to know how much money you can get from just selling it?

Well, if you're buying a new one I'd buy anything that has been used in the past. I've researched on Amazon that you can buy one for $19.95, although that might not be such helpful advice if you live outside the US.
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:29 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

25$ i think it is a fine price.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Left 4 good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean. So, I understand that you've sold the blue version but are you saying that you want to buy it again or is it that you want to know how much money you can get from just selling it?

Well, if you're buying a new one I'd buy anything that has been used in the past. I've researched on Amazon that you can buy one for $19.95, although that might not be such helpful advice if you live outside the US.
the $19.95 one does not include the box though, surely it should raise little value as not many keep the box.

thanks tho guys.
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
If you are selling. You'll be lucky to get $20 for a used copy.
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:30 PM
luf100
Team Rocket Grunt

Nature: Quiet
Yeah, I bought a used one (without the box) from someone for like $5. Maybe I just got lucky though, and with the box I maybe would've paid $10. I guess it depends how badly someone wants it though. You could start off selling it for $25 or something and lower the price if you don't get anyone that'll pay that much.

Old January 28th, 2013, 03:56 PM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Pokemon Blue isn't really a rare or obscure game to be worth much, unless you have a box and manual of course. I really don't know how much it costs in US, but in my country, I can find them for 5$ (without the box).

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Dont sell it. Keep it and cherish it.
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:32 PM
charcharx3
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Where I live, they go for roughly 26 dollars, without the box. If you buy them from a used game place. Gameboy games are harder to find where I live. I'm pretty jealous that you've got a blue. They're hard to find around here. Maybe it's all regional. But I also agree it depends on the condition of the game and how badly someone wants it.
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:52 PM
PoisonEmeralds
Rookie ROM Hacker

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left 4 good View Post
Ok I recently decided to sell my blue version, the sticker is on the cartirdge.
I HAVE the box, though its slightly worn, and I have the manual.

What can I expect to get for this?
It all depends on the condition of the box and if the save battery works. Try looking at ebay posts that match the condition of yours. It should go for quite a bit.
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Does the battery still save? All my GB games have long since stopped saving
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I don't think it's worth selling, in my opinion. Even though you have the original box and manual, you probably wouldn't get more than $25 for it. It might be worth something in the future, though, but I don't think it's worth selling for the moment.
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
It wouldn't be wise to sell. I got my current copy for like $8 right before GameStop stopped selling used GB/GBC games.

Even with the box and manual you won't make more than what you initially paid, which is true to just about every video game but hopefully you get what I mean.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
My ex gave me a copy of Blue that didn't work, not the reason she's my ex though. She didn't know lol she hadn't played it in forever.

I'd probably pay 30 for the most for just a used copy, don't need the box or manual. I know that's quite a bit but it's a wonderful game, definitely worth it for me!
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Left 4 good

Its defiantly worth more than $20 here, the cartridge alone sells on eBay for around £13 which is like $20, maybe that's just in England though, I got it for my birthday yearsss ago, so I'll defo make a profit lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charcharx3 View Post
Where I live, they go for roughly 26 dollars, without the box. If you buy them from a used game place. Gameboy games are harder to find where I live. I'm pretty jealous that you've got a blue. They're hard to find around here. Maybe it's all regional. But I also agree it depends on the condition of the game and how badly someone wants it.
Probably from England too?

Last edited by Left 4 good; January 29th, 2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Just look up what similar condition games are going for on ebay. Since this is a one-question thread going to lock this. PM me if you have any questions!
PM
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here