The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:56 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish

Advertise here
What do you think happens after we die?

Do you wonder about life?

Old January 30th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
This sounds like my 11th grade philosophy class, wonderful memories. Lets see.
Well life is always something on my mind, there is too big of an unknown variable to not wonder about it. Our mere existence should be considering little to nothing, considering the vastness of the universe. Or it could be nature's perfect experiment. We just don't know. We are on one planet of billions in one meager galaxy of trillions in an unknowingly infinite universe. We could be the end all to evolution, or we could be so far down the chain that our future is wholly dependent on where we go from here on out. Life is nothing to laugh about, and when you truly consider the possibilities offered to you, offered to the world, and the little we do as humans, it gets depressing almost to a point of no return, upon which you hold little value for yourself. Thankfully I'm a realist, and while I do consider just how meaningless everything truly is on a universal scale, I go a couple notches down, and let myself soak in the fact that I'm a living breathing sentinel being, one of 7 billion, who hold true dominance on a planet, and hopefully more in the future.
As for death, not much to say there. I always considered it not as the end, but as the middle point, in which our imperfect selves can use to reflect upon the follies of life, and from there on out live our eternal lives as we see fit, based upon of course the restriction that are set in place for whatever the afterlife really is. I do believe there is one, we just cannot and will not know what it is.
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I've always wondered if the universe existed before my birth and will exist after my death. Since my conscious mind is the only one that I know for a fact exists, maybe the entire universe was created for me and will end when I am no longer with it. Maybe it's that way with everyone. We're all just living in a layered time/space hiccup where one layer has us existing together but the other layers consist of our individual world views that end when we die.

I feel that I should apologize because that sounds very, very stupid.
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:17 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
I've always wondered if the universe existed before my birth and will exist after my death. Since my conscious mind is the only one that I know for a fact exists, maybe the entire universe was created for me and will end when I am no longer with it. Maybe it's that way with everyone. We're all just living in a layered time/space hiccup where one layer has us existing together but the other layers consist of our individual world views that end when we die.

I feel that I should apologize because that sounds very, very stupid.
I'm actually *kind of* similar! Sometimes I vaguely wonder if anyone besides me actually exists outside of their interactions with me. I mean I don't think it's true or anything but for all I know it's possible, and it's fun to think that absolutely everything in the world ceases to exist when I'm not experiencing it.
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I just think our body shuts off and we die. Really simple.

Life is very insignificant if you think about the size of the universe.

I do enjoy life though
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Me being religious and all, thinks that beyond this life is Heaven, or Hell, however since Hell is the opposite of Eternal Life, Eternal Death, technically IMO if you don't believe then sure you're right there's nothing after, for you at least, but I don't hate so I have no problem with anyone :)
And as I always say, if you don't believe the same as me, don't quote, reply or anything, I don't want a flame war.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:54 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Nothing, and not really.

I try to just enjoy my life because it's going to be the only one that I have, so I might as well make the most of it.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:25 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
We die. That's it. No afterlife (unfortunately). I try not to think about it, because I panic a bit if I do.

As for life? Nah. I'd rather not think too deeply about it. Everyone exists, and that's all that matters.
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

Nature: Adamant
I think deep reflection is a bit pointless, so I try not to engage in it. Once we're dead we're dead. Any thought beyond that is presumptuous.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old February 4th, 2013, 04:02 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
From a scientific standpoint, I'd say we'd die, and decay. And...from then on there's nothing more to say.
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:08 AM
daigonite
"PLAAAY MY GAAAAME!!!1"
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I don't really care what happens after death, I think life is more about living than worrying about what happens afterwards.
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Put this off for a while

We all go to Ninja Squirretopian Dojo to train as Ninjas

seriously though I do not know or care what happens
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I always wonder about life. There's never a day where I don't think about where I'll go after my journey ends, but I always tell myself to focus on the moment I'm wasting thinking about something no one knows about.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old February 13th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Honestly, part of me definitely wants something to be there after... but we'll never know until we die. The cynic in me says they're nothing, but I have to hope that there's something more.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here