Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center
Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old January 30th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
I was just thinking to myself about move strategies in double battles, and wanted to hear what you guys thought about it?

For me I liked using my hitmontop and arcanine, which had flash fire hitmontop uses fire punch on arcanine to boost its fire type moves and since arcanine is slower than hitmontop but still significantly fast, it means I can strike a powerful flamethrower attack on foes. I know that's a simple strategie but I do have other such as holding a ring target then using trick on a ghost type pokemon allowing the use of fighting type moves as the ghost pokemon is now holding the ring target. this is good for a gallade.

So what about you guys then? What strategies do you use to win battles?
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:03 PM
CatchingALevel7Mew
Mew

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to CatchingALevel7Mew
I usually have a mixutre in my team of speed and attack and def. the first move has to always be a powerful blow.
Please like my page on facebook its full of comedy and pokemon luls. C: www.facebook.com/catchingalevel7mew
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I usually put a lot of type balance, and if there's a glaring weakness on the foe's team I tend to take advantage of it with the right moves.

Also, I sometimes mix my team up with both sweepers and bulky defenders. I also like to try and abuse any held items or abilities' effects if I can.
Old February 16th, 2013, 09:01 AM
5qwerty
Pikachu's Beach. No Surfboard.

Nature: Impish
Weavile Beat Up on Terrakion.

Rock Slide.
Signatures look stupid with smileys.

Old February 16th, 2013, 09:33 AM
halcyonic
new megas r op
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
das is basically the fire-type counterpart of nica's cradi/ludi strategy, jeez :P

but ive recently implemented heavy weather usage on an ou team of mine on showdown, which i can say sweeps pretty easily, especially my jolteon under rain, which either OHKO or 2HKOs
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Arcanine1996
Unhatched Egg

I perfer Arcanine and Lucario I use the same flash fire tactic and use lucario's heal pulse to restore health while Arcanine is holding leftovers and lucario is holding the expert belt
Hi Arcanine1996 here love talking about strategies and weaknesses and strong points of Pokemon. My favorite Pokemon is Arcanine and second is Lucario. I enjoy wifi battles and cards on occasion but i am more into the gaming aspect.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
One of my most notable strategies was to set up the weather, and start attacking from there. I had Tyranitar, Excadrill and a flying-type or a Pokemon with levitate or telepathy. I put Tyranitar up front to set up a sandstorm, and abused Excadrill's Sand Rush Ability to get a fast KO on the opposing team with Earthquake (Or Rock Slide). If that happens, I switch Tyranitar out for a flying type just to avoid the earthquake, or if I think there might be a fighting or a ground move coming from the opposing team. This sort of strategy worked really well in the B/W cartridge versions.
Quote:
Boilurn, the Scald Pokemon and the evolved form of Hottle. It can burn the holder by the lightest of touches when it boils. It can boil 3 gallons of water in one minute.
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:32 PM
dreyko
Isolated System.

Nature: Careful
Part of my strategy is inflicting status conditions such as burning and crippling a physical attacker or paralyzing a speedy guy. I also love speed (of my own), priority moves, and life orb =)

Also, i find entry hazards helpful sometimes.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here