The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm surprised this topic doesn't exist tbh.

Who is your favourite character, and why?

1 from each region if you can't decide. :D

Mine is, hands down, Bianca. ;o; I've just watched the Chargestone Cave episode and it reminded me why I love her so much. BIANCA SPIN OFF PLS.

Last edited by Kenshin5; August 5th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Nature: Relaxed
Has to be Richie, he was amazing! I also loved Vincent from the Legend of Thunder :D

Old June 27th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
Really? No favorite character thread O.o? Well I have several favorites actually. Meowth up until battle frontier was simply the best. He got all the amazing gag lines and the dub voice, Madeline Blaustein did the role perfectly! James and Brock are also both funny and awesome in their own ways, but again, before most of the new seasons. Finally there is Misty, who was always fighting with Ash and blaming him for getting lost (again!) but then having many moments where she would act mature and super nice to everyone. She was always the best female on the show IMO!
Old June 27th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
I've always liked Team Rocket's quirky personalities, and the dub makes them even better.

And then there's Magikarp Salesman. He's pops up in random places and always screws with them.

Brock was cool until DP, where he was completely ignored. It makes me question why they even bothered including him.

Paired to cr4y

Old June 28th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
My favourite character is Misty, after she left the show started to become annoying for me. I also love May, but, it'll never the same than how it was in the first seasons, with Misty ... I miss the Pokéshipping scenes, her grumpiness, her personnality... Her, Ash and Brock were the best trio, really. Even if Ash and Brock stayed together a long time, someone was missing.

Old June 29th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Kanto: Pikachu
Orange Isles: Tracey
Johto: Misty
Hoenn: May
Frontier: May
Sinnoh: The short time May was in it.
Unova: Bianca

Over all my favorite character is May.
Old June 29th, 2012, 06:00 PM
DawnLover
No need to worry! lol

Dawn is my favorite character!
She is so cute and I love her bubbly and cute personality, plus I love her story and character development.
Old June 29th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Gary hands down. I love his cocky attitude, his in your face style. He was just that guy as a kid that humored me cause he was annoying and I found his annoyance to Ash funny and appealing(probably cause I was annoying as a kid as well xD). Gary kind of mellowed out though, but still I found him an admirable character cause it seems he has found his calling as a Researcher and is actually accomplishing stuff.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old June 29th, 2012, 07:46 PM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
Cilan!<3 He is my most favorite character out of them all. He is sexy, classy, and his personality is so smooth. Though I would prefer him with a dark side. Some unexpected event in which he becomes evil xD

Cilan!<3 He is my most favorite character out of them all. He is sexy, classy, and his personality is so smooth. Though I would prefer him with a dark side. Some unexpected event in which he becomes evil xD

Don't leave comrades behind.

Last edited by ShadowStriatonTriad; June 29th, 2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
@SST: He became evil in Luke's movies :D

This question is really hard for me to answer since I've taken a big liking to the current group :D
Can I say Meloetta? xD
Nah, I'm joking, my all time favorite characters are Satoshi and Haruka but as I said I love the current group and current rivals :D Langrey is really awesome :D
Iris is probably my second favorite female companion, she's totally cute in her wild personality :D
Dent is by a whole my favorite male Satoshi's companion, I love his "It's tasting time!" :D And his talks are brilliant :D

I simply love almost every character is Pokémon :D And I must mention female Gym Leaders of Isshu. Elesa, Skyla and Homika are the reasons why Isshu Gym Leaders are my overall favorite :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 30th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Team Rocket's Trio - especially James. Always make me laugh at every failed attempt at capturing Pikachu and many others, and all the crazy machines/robots they used and always turn out bad.

Can I pick from various languages anime was dubbed in? - I love Meowth's voice in the Japanese (ending almost everything with "nya" Jap. equivalent of Meow) and the Spanish (Latin American - Gerardo Vasquez voice sounded strange at first, but now gotten used to it, I use it as my sound receiving text messages) versions. Same with James (for Spanish version that is).
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - back to challenges
Random Challenge - Badges: 7/8 - game: X - Location: Couriway Town
Random Challenge - Badges: 4/8 - game: Y - Location: Kalos Power Plant
50/50 Challenge - Badges 6/8 - Game Y - Location: Dendemille Town/Frost Cavern
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Shootingace
Lord

Nature: Calm
This is hard to decide, but i'll go with Pikachu for the first season (if he counts as a character)
Then i think it'l probably be Ash for the rest until Diamond and Pearl where i think Paul is really cool.
My favorite female character would definitely be Iris. (I have personal reasons) followed up by Dawn. I don't like the way Misty never supported Ash at all and it would be hell for him if they stayed for the rest of his journey much less marry.

Hacks i strongly recommend:
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Cilan. He makes puns about food and wears his butler uniform everywhere. And his erratic gestures! He's just a wonderful character who actually manages to make me laugh.
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
KyokuseiXRyusei
DenCabe! :3

Nature: Sassy
Dent is my favorite character. No doubt. His personality just makes the Anime and Games so addicting.:cer_wink:
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
Ive always liked Brock. Its hilarious how he always gets rejected by the ladies.

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:26 AM
OpheliaDence
Beginning Trainer

My favorite Pokémon is smeargle he’s a strange character but I liked him when the first time I saw in the episode.
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Simple and nice topic which I still don't believe didn't exist o_o

Anyway here:
Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto: I could choose a Pokemon right? If so, then it's Charizard. Didn't like much out of Kanto...possibly Ritchie would be the best.

Hoenn: Harely-May ...just for the lols.

Sinnoh: Dawn! Cynthia!!

B/W: Cilan, nothing comes close to this awesome dude for me.

However, in general, my favorite characters of all time are probably Team Rocket (non-B/W) and possibly Brock. I tend to lean to the funny characters :\ Besides, Team Rocket are so lovable :D in a stupid way.
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Cynthia, no contest. She's just so funny to watch watch still managing to be incredibly strong and the whole thing just makes for a hilarious set up. I'll never forget the moments she's trying to choose an ice cream flavor in DP; she's just the best haha. I also adore Dawn though; she's so upbeat and fun! ♥
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:48 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
Morty, because his Gengar is wicked!

Old July 13th, 2012, 08:51 AM
QuietDragon
Togepi

Always been a Rocket fan. They were my favourites for years! <3

I love all the girls. I can't stand pitting them against one another. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses. Haruka/May and Dawn/Hikari might get a slight edge over poor Kasumi/Misty, if only because they had more focus during the series, as opposed to Kasumi, who mostly got her development (past the earlier episodes) in the hoso specials!

Kasumi had a funner personality, though, because I really love tomboyish girls. Hikari/Dawn was girly, bubbly, and clever, though, so she was undoubtedly fun, but Haruka/May was more like me in that she was naive and clumsy (well, in the beginning)... and a BIG eater. xD

Iris is a LOT of fun too! She's more like the tomboyish Kasumi, so I love that, and how agile she is~! And I'm biased in favour of dragons, so~ <3333

She's so adorable and funny too. I love how she butts heads with Dent/Cilan.

As for the guys, Dent is the funniest protagonist. All this "_____ time!" and tasting things and his vocabulary and fabulousness...! xDD

Shinji/Paul was my favourite rival. Just so epic. I loved how different he was compared to Satoshi. His brother's always a very interesting contrast.

As for less common characters, Shirona/Cynthia, without a doubt! ^_^ She's so awesome and confident... and inspiring! I love how gentle and adorably bubbly and easily confused (always cool and composed in battle! Outside of battle, what are decision-making skills, really?) she can be too. She's so powerful and amusing.

Last edited by QuietDragon; July 13th, 2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Adding English names, oops.
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Meloetta142
Beginning Trainer

I've always liked Misty. Her tomboyish personality was just funny, and the way that she got all angry up in Ash's face, makes he ROFL every time. ^.^

Also rather like Cilan, for some reason. I guess it just makes me giggle when he starts comparing Pokemon to food and all that, and when he gets over protective, of a spoon!
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:56 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
One of my favorite characters is May. She's pretty and she has had good character development throughout the Advanced generation. My absolute favorite is Ash; I like how he puts his mind to something and never gives up.

Old July 16th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
I haven't seen much if the new anime but Iris is funny with her Axew . But Ash and Brock are my favourites xD

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:44 AM
NiallC

Kanto/Orange Islands - Brock, I like the way he treated his Pokemon and I liked his team.

Johto - I don't really have a favourite character for this series.

Hoenn/Frontier - Max, it was nice to see him grow as he travelled with the group.

Sinnoh - Zoey, she was too smart to not win. And she was cool but also a nice person.

Unova - Trip, I just think he is the guy who I would be like the most. Trining up strong Pokemon whilst learning the basics before progressing and learning from my mistakes. I also the way he hands out respect like to Cilan he shows respect because Cilan is mature and analytical whereas Ash is just some kid who lucks out.

The whole series - James. He is probably one of the best trainers in the series we just don't get to see it. He is smart and caring but he can also battle well when he wants to.

If he competed in the league in the next region using all the pokemon he can retrieve from his past then I imagine he could get far. Imagine his possible team if they evolved whilst he was challenging gyms; Chimecho, Arcanine, Cacturne, Carnivine, Mr Mime, Cofagrigus. That is quite a team to go up against and with James in charge they could do well in the league conference. I would love for that to happen.
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
I think consistently through the series, Jessie has made me laugh the most, I just love that she has so many sides to her character plus I always thought her outfit was super cool lol :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links