Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:33 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Kalek Noire - Chapter 1 pt. 2

Kalek rolled his eyes. The Samurai warrior had to make everything boring. Kalek brought himself to say: "Listen, I don't mind your methods, just don't question mine. I've been stalking and killing people far longer and far more effectively than you have, even if you're the older of us. You'd needed to have been one of the Brotherhood to even begin to understand." Kalek, who was apparently angered, stalked back off into the night, probing the streets. He didn't see the dark, stony shape decending from above. It tackled him, and Kalek hit the street. A quick elbow jab dazed his opponent long enough for Kalek to throw it off. A quick motion sent a blade deep into the hairline crevasse made by his physical attack, effectively splitting the being's small, ugly head. Retrieving his knife, Kalek continued down the street, no further hindered.
THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED, AND FOR MY SAFETY I HAVE RELOCATED. YOU CAN FIND ME HERE

Last edited by IceFyr1928; March 6th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Tasahiro Mishumi: Chapter 1-Part 2: A Hunting We Will Go

Tasahiro rolled his eyes and snorted. This kid was as headstrong as he was young. Damned kids these days. I've been killing people for over two thousand years. I believe that I know a thing or two about finding an enemy and killing them. He watched the former mortal assassin kill an opponent. Curious. Nothing just happens to attack a Reaper. It was ugly, but the young-old man had seen far uglier in his years. Far uglier.

Mishumi turned around to find one of his "little birds." "Hello there, little birdie." His voice was still a whisper.

The other Reaper was dressed in a full-out black cloak with a black hood. His face was concealed. "The target is down by Big Ben." His voice was deep and sinister.

"Excellent. Now fly, bird." The Reaper disappeared with a flash, leaving Tasahiro alone. Should I tell him? The assassin would be helpful in killing a target discreetly, but it could be a trap, and the assassin was a lone wolf. He could be overtaken by a multitude of enemies. I should tell him.

Tasahiro found the assassin's figure and approached rapidly. "He's by Big Ben." He nodded towards the large clock tower. "We kill him there. If you rush, be careful." With that, he started taking long strides towards the monument.
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nox Fenoir

As the dagger wielding Harbinger neared him, Nox was given an opportunity to escape the binding links of the chain when Adrian came to his aid. He threw a weapon which impaled the dagger twin, injuring him a great deal. The attack shifted his attention away from Nox as he angrily went for Adrian. Preoccupied with the attack on his brother, the chain wielding twin loosened his grip slightly.

"Nice Adrian," thought Nox as he jerked his shoulders back and forth, loosening the chain's grip enough to enable him to esacpe.

He jumped free and threw one of his bone scythes at the Harbinger, aiming for his heart. Unfortunately the quick maneuver did not allow for enough time to focus on precise throwing aim, as the blade of the scythe hit the Harbinger in his shoulder instead.

"Arughh!" shrieked the Harbinger in pain as the blade sliced through his collar bone and broke through his back while piercing through his shoulder blade.

As the blood dripped down his arm, he couldn't muster the strength to wield his bladed chain weapon correctly. Nox quickly landed in front of the Harbinger and grabbed the handle of the scythe stuck in his shoulder, violently jerking him forward and ripping the bloody weapon from his body. Nox slashed the Harbinger across the stomach, bringing him to his knees.

"A-ack-ck," choked the Harbinger as he collapses on his knees, coughing up blood and clutching the open wound at his stomach. The cut had opened his intestinal cavity and his flesh began rotting, a result of Nox's black magic. His entrails began to spill from his stomach as blood spilled and pooled out onto the floor.

Showing no mercy, Nox silently beheaded the Harbinger and kicked his body to the floor. Wasting no time he grabbed the bladed chain and swung it at the other twin who had went for Adrian, wrapping one of his arms and slicing into his flesh. Nox then jerked the chain backwards, pulling the Harbinger off balance and giving Adrian an opening to finish him off.

"Thought I'd try and return the favor," thought Nox as he pulled on the chain.
*caught:

*hunting:

Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:27 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild

Adrian Frode

Adrian groaned as not only the axe-maniac got up, but the harbinger who Adrian had prevented from gutting Nox had sprinted towards him, dodging another swing from his hijacked sword as he did so. He was having terrible luck on this mission, three again. Or perhaps he had spoken too soon as Nox, who had stolen a beheaded Harbinger's chains wrapped the third assailant, holding him.
"Thanks!" yelled Adrian as he jumped over an attack from the axe before rolling under a shot from the sword-thief.

Adrian pushed his weight into his hands launching both legs up and kicking the injured swordsman on either side of the large, bloody hole in his body. Shattering his spine and causing him to drop Adrian's sword. As the harbinger fell forward, Adrian pushed his permanently crippled body in front of him as he got to his feet. The crippled harbinger took a shot to his shoulder from his team mates axe, but he felt nothing any more due his ruined nervous system. Then, picking up his blade Adrian sliced upwards, severing the Harbingers neck and sending his head rolling across the floor whilst simultaneously deflecting a shot from the black skinned axeman. He then swivelled the sword around and up, cutting off the axeman's hand.

Adrian dropped his sword in the process but caught the axe and crossed the remaining distance between him and the remaining, wrapped twin. Crossing the last few feet he lifted the axe like a spear, the head behind him and, at close range, launched it through his enemies heart, the base of the weapon shattering against the ground as it went straight through his heart and hit the floor behind.
"Help Luka" Adrian said to Nox, seeing his fellow Reaper leaning against a wall with Vampires slowly converging on him and sprinting back to his only remaining Harbinger opponent, seeing two other running at Destiny across the room, silently smiling at the surprising ease at which he was gelling with the Reaper he had been arguing with not that much earlier.

The one handed foe, launched a punch at Adrian, he was far too slow though. Adrian slide between the man's legs, thankful for his wide stance. Adrian grabbed his fallen blade, stabbing it into the larger warriors calf as he whirled around towards Adrian. Adrian knew this would be his opponents last fight. As the hulk of a Harbinger screamed a battle cry, swinging a hugely powerful punch at Adrian, his two injured legs buckled and he fell forward as Adrian thrust his blade forward, straight through his throat. Withdrawing his blade he pointed his hand at the writhing mess on the floor, channelling his power through is palm.
"Bye" he said as a dark blue sphere of light engulfed the warrior before compressing in on itself, and the Harbinger, until the harbinger had been compressed to the point of non-existence. Adrian would rarely resort to a spell like that, but he was having really bad luck and wanted to be sure this particularly nasty opponent was definitely dead.

Adrian then began assaulting the vampires again as the continued jumping at him, they had been surprisingly static during his clash with the Harbingers, probably not wanting to be in the way of either party but now that their creators were gone except for the two fighting Destiny they had become very mobile. Adrian slashed his way to the very centre of the room where he could go to aid any of his comrades should they need him.
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:15 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nox Fenoir

Nox grunted in understanding as he turned his attention to Luka, who was in a bad situation as he was against the wall coping with his injuries. Vampires were beginning to target the injured Reaper. Thinking quickly, Nox knelt down to the floor and muttered a dark spell to himself. Three black mamba snakes were summoned once again and Nox sent them toward the vampires. The snakes slithered with surprising agility and attacked the vampires with their cursed and venomous bites. Once again the vampires screamed in pain as their eyes began to bleed and started clawing viciously at them.

Seizing his opportunity, Nox dashed to recover one of his bone spears that had been lying on the floor after being disarmed by one of the Harbingers earlier. He grabbed it and rushed over to Luka, where he placed himself in between Luka against the wall and the attacking vampires. Keeping his eyes on the bloodthirsty creatures, Nox placed the bloody spear at Luka's feet.

"Might be hard to get a good shot off with your arrows in this mess. If you can still fight, use it if you need to," said Nox as he rearmed himself with his scythes.

He then disposed of the snakebitten vampires and continued the fight. Trying to keep the onslaught of vampires at bay, Nox began to slice and cut his way through their attacks. He himself was bleeding from injuries sustained throughout the fight, as there were quite a few bite marks and gashes from being bound by the bladed chain. His injuries didn't seem to affect him because his adrenaline levels were keeping his energy up during the fight. Of course he had been weakened as he found it increasingly difficult to catch his breath in between delivering attacks. Despite this, his efforts were enough to even the score between himself, Luka and the vampires.
*caught:

*hunting:

Old March 6th, 2013, 02:50 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Kalek Noire - Chapter 1 pt. 3

Kalek sat atop the spire, his cloak fluttering in the slight London breeze. There was no sounds in the street. Kalek's observant eyes, coupled with his Eagle Sense, a skill taught not to many, picked up a figure stumbling through the night. Kalek almost immediately honed in on the movement, and watche his target from his vantage point. After confirming that this was, in fact, his target, and not just some late night drunkard, Kalek took off accross the rooftops after him. It wasn't until he was perched on a streetlight that he made his move. A short jump, fall, and his target fell under him, blade sticking from his head. Sticking his knife back into its sheath, Kalek picked up the body and distributed it into the nearest dumpster. He then concentrated all of his will on teleportation, and a few seconds found him in Limbo, home of the Reapers. His mission accomplished, Kalek headed for a secluded area, where he would practice some of the 'more effective' modern fighting styles.
THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED, AND FOR MY SAFETY I HAVE RELOCATED. YOU CAN FIND ME HERE
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:59 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Adrian Frode

Adrian slid between the legs of an opposing vampire, slicing off it's foot and the pushing it into another as he rolled his feet. Stabbing into it's heart through its back he looked around him. A lot of the vampires had diverted from Destiny towards him, giving the Harbingers room and keeping him from interfering and Luka and Nox weren't fairing any better than him... Luka who could barely move certainly wasn't.

More vampires sprung at him, he swung his blade in a 180 cutting down several before dropping to the ground, rolling under those on the other side and impaling one as he sprung to his feet. He could incapacitate as many as he wanted, but they were coming to quickly for him to finish every vampire he bested off. He was fast, he knew that, but he was also tired. He had spent a lot of his energy dealing with all the group attacks from Harbingers and was now significantly slowed down. Sweat dripped from his dark hair as he fell to one knee exhausted, vampires closing in, stepping over their fallen comrades, many of whom were twitching, unable to move but still alive. He had to thin them down... and then it hit him. Sunlight. He needed sunlight.

"Close your eyes!" he yelled to his fellow Reapers as he dove within his small reserves of remaining energy conjuring a small ball of light above them. It was basically a miniature sun and whilst it lacked the potent heat of the actual sun and was nowhere near as bright, it was enough to kill off several of the wounded vampires whilst blinding and burning those living, some them even dying. It didn't last long though and Adrian was soon forced back onto his feet his sword heavy in his arms. Destiny needed to finish those two other Harbingers soon, one other Reaper would be all they needed to tip the scale against the vampires and end the mission.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Destiny Saviouer :: Moscow, Russia
Chapter One :: Harbinger of Shadow

Destiny pulled her scythe out of the neck of a vampire, who promptly turned to dust.

When she had gone to assist the others, a few vampires had decided to jump in her way. Either they had failed to see the little display she had just put on, they didn't care, or they valued their loyalty to their Harbinger masters more than their own lives.

Whatever the reason, the result had been the same. They had all been reduced to nothing more than piles of dust.

During that little altercation, however, her teammates had been attacked by the Harbingers and nearly overwhelmed. Luka had been severely wounded upon entering the warehouse, and Adrian and Nox weren't doing too great themselves. The Harbingers had certainly given them a harder time than a vampires.

Damn it.

As the experienced Ancient here, Destiny should have been with her teammates to help and protect them. No learning experience was worth nearly losing one's life. They didn't have nearly as much experience as her, especially with Harbingers. It was of no fault of their own; they'd simply lacked the opportunity to garner such knowledge before now. Destiny had been the same way with so many things once, and she had learned the hard way.

It seemed that these younger Reapers had just learned a few things the hard way themselves. Especially Luka. The poor kid looked to be near death, or whatever you want to call the death of a Reaper. At least this would lend them proper knowledge and caution for the future. Sometimes learning the hard way was the best way.

Destiny raised her scythe, resting its hilt on the ground as she waited for the final two Harbingers to approach. She looked to be in no hurry, although she did wish to finish this quickly to assist her comrades.

"You," one of the Harbingers stated as he walked closer. "You seem different from the others, some how."

The second Harbinger stepped out from behind him, wielding a staff. "Your aura," the voice was unmistakably female, "it vibrates differently than the others. What . . . are you?"

Destiny moved her scythe into both of her hands, holding it leveled at her hips. "I am an Ancient. I am Atlantean." She raised her scythe further, shifting into a fighting stance.

The woman raised her staff, holding it out in front of her. It emitted a faint glow, recognition sparking in the woman's eyes. A moment later, her eyes attained a similar glow. "Your energy . . . I knew it was familiar."

The woman's male companion looked between her and Destiny, seeming slightly perplexed. "What's an Atlantean?"

Destiny smirked. She never missed an opportunity to sound cliché. "Your worst nightmare."

The woman's expression remained serious as she held her staff, but there was a brief flicker of fear across the man's face. He obviously didn't like the fact that his partner recognized some ancient energy within a Reaper that claimed to be some being he'd never heard of, but his partner had and looked pretty serious about. The emotion vanished as quickly as it had appeared. The man knew it was a stupid thought.

Although, Destiny wasn't entirely joking by saying that. She lunged towards the Harbingers, her scythe trailing behind her as she gained sudden speed and momentum. She swung her arm and twisted her wrist, bringing her scythe up from beneath the male Harbinger in a circular motion. He barely had enough time to twist his leg and pull out his sword.

While he was able to block the scythe's blade itself, the momentum of the attack still slammed him into the wall, lengthening the cracks that already crossed it. He groaned and slid down to the floor, dazed.

Destiny turned her attention to the woman. "You yourself are different from your companions. What are you, exactly?"

"A shadow of a nightmare," the woman replied simply, the glow around her flaring up as she did so.

"Close your eyes!" Destiny heard Adrian yell, picking probably the worst possible moment. There was a bright flash and Destiny was forced to shield her eyes with her arm. When she looked back up, the woman had vanished.

Crap! On instinct Destiny twisted around, bringing the hilt of her scythe up to block. Less than half a second later there was a loud thwack! sound as wood made contact with wood. The woman had appeared behind her just as Adrian had lit up the room around them, giving her the edge. Destiny's years of battle and training had given her the abilities and reflexes to parry the attack, but just barely.

"You're quick, strong, observant. Your aura vibrates in the most unusual manner and your abilities are hidden to me. You are truly an Atlantean, and an Ancient at that. That much I know," the woman stated calmly, her expression unchanged as she took a step back.

"If you know so much, don't you realize that you stand no chance of winning?" Destiny questioned, taking a step back as well.

"Yes," the woman stated simply.

Destiny blinked. "Alright-y then," she said, a bit confused. "Have it your way." She twisted the scythe in her hand and lunged at the woman. The woman raised her scythe to block as Destiny's scythe came down from above, but Destiny had used the move as a feint, rotating her arms and twisting her legs as she dug into the ground, swinging low.

The woman gave a surprised gasp as her feet flew out from under her, sending her sprawling across the floor. Destiny took a step forward and brought the blade of the scythe down, aiming it at the woman's heart. However, something happened and Destiny found herself spiraling backwards through the air. She landed on her back, slightly dazed. As she got up, she saw that the woman had her staff raised, a bright aura quickly fading from the enchanted wood.

Damn it! She had let her guard down. Not only that, but she hadn't given this woman's magic a second thought. Her use of the staff indicated her as a Harbinger with more magical talent than average, and her spells provided the evidence to support.

"You're certainly not weak," Destiny sighed as she got back to her feet.

"Of course not. You should know better than to think such things."

"Yes, I suppose I should." With that, Destiny ran in towards the woman, her scythe beginning to glow. The woman's staff did likewise as she readied to counter.

Destiny spun once, a ring of energy forming around her. She leaped out of the ring, leaving a dot where she had been standing. As she did so, the ring moved into a vertical position, so that it looked something like a target. "Bulls-eye!" Destiny yelled as she pushed her scythe forward, commanding the ring to loose its energy upon the woman. The dot in the center flared up and the ring collapsed in onto the dot, and a moment later the dot turned into a large beam of energy that soared towards the woman.

The woman twirled around and literally caught the energy on the end of her staff, sending it back at Destiny as her circle turned her towards the Reaper once more.

Destiny grunted as she caught the volley, charging it for a return. It caused the blade of her scythe to glow and the scythe itself to tremble due to the tremendous energy. Destiny tried to hold on to the energy for a second, glaring at the woman as she thought. After a moment, she knew she couldn't hold the energy any longer and sending it back at the woman would be futile. She glanced to her side and then swung the scythe, sending the beam towards the male Harbinger that had just started to regain his senses. He didn't even have time to look up before it reached him.

There was a large explosion that illuminated the warehouse and sounded like a sonic boom. When the light and dust had cleared, there was a large hole in the wall of the warehouse where the Harbinger had been, and there was absolutely no trace of the man. He had been completely obliterated.

So much for quiet, Destiny thought as she returned her focus to the woman. The woman seemed completely unaffected by the annihilation of her comrade.

"So," Destiny said, taking a breath, "would you like to end this now? Or would you like to—"

"There is no need to drag this out any longer than it needs to be," the woman interrupted.

Destiny smirked. She kind of liked this woman. "My thoughts exactly."

Both women charged in, auras flaring as they loosed their energies upon each other.

Destiny kneeled there, leaning against a shelf, heaving. That attack had practically spent all of her energy. The Harbinger woman was in a similar, albeit worse, condition. She lay on the floor a few feet away from Destiny, her chest moving up and down rapidly. In a moment, she began to dissolve into a series of twisting shadows, the life leaving her body. Destiny was confused, because Harbingers normally didn't dissolve like that, but she was in no condition to think. The area around her had been turned to complete rubble. There was practically nothing left other than dust and debris.

She slowly rose to her feet as the last bit of the woman dissolved. She turned to her comrades, eyes and tone in their regular state, despite her exhausted condition. "I think—" Destiny heaved, "I think that's the last of them."
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:52 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Adrian Frode

Destiny, panting in the centre of a pile of rubble, turned to face the others
"I think-I think that's the last of them" she said he voice shaky, she clearly had needed more help than she had expected.
"All the Harbingers at least" responded Adrian as he removed the head of a vampire, his sword dragging across the ground before being brought back up to defend from other of the blood sucking demons. Adrian thrust his sword through it, but it turned causing him to miss its heart.
"Great" groaned Adrian, grabbing the head of his enemy and tearing it off with his hands, catching his sword as the vampire dissolved, as many of those burned from the light were in the process of.

"I vote that we get out of here, and burn the place down." called Adrian "then we can clean up any that escape or that somehow survive the fire". Seemed simple enough, he just hoped the others would agree because they were not in any state to argue and fight vampires at the same time.
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Chapter One :: Flame Out!

"All the Harbingers, at least," Adrian responded to Destiny's statement as he killed a few more of the creatures. "I vote that we get out of here, and burn the place down. Then we can clean up any that escape or that somehow survive the fire."

Destiny gasped, filling her lungs with air and straightening her posture. "I can go with that," she chuckled shakily as she ran past Adrian and towards the others, taking out two vampires as she did so.

"Better get a move on if you want to trap them in here!" She slew the vampires near the entrance and around Nox and Luka. There weren't many, but they still would have slowed the four down while they tried to escape the warehouse.

"And who exactly plans to set this place on fire, and with what?"
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Tasahiro watched his partner kill the target easily. "Damned kids these days..." He was too forward. Sometimes a less direct approach would be better, but he was young, despite his past as an asassin. He watched the Reaper teleport, most likely to Limbo. It would be a good idea for Tasahiro to return to the Reaper's homerealm as well. He didn't care for Earth....London in particular. The only parts he had been in were filled with loud drunkards and noisy streets. Mishumi wasn't a big fan of noise. He lept down from his perch in the clock tower in an area with no humans present. "Mission complete." Just saying the words made him feel like he had been productive. He transported to his favorite place in Limbo, away from everything, and began to meditate.
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:33 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi

Spencer - Saharan Desert

------------------------------------------------------------------

The purple clouds lowered and obscured Spencer's sight but this didn't stop him in the least. Throwing two tribesmen aside, he tried to charge the cloud and find where the ritual was taking place but to no avail. He was disoriented and didn't even know what direction the ritual was taking place. He could only see objects near himself and the crimson runes. Not a single reaper was within his range and they would just have to get by on their own instinct. The air from the clouds seemed to conduct demonic energies and soon, a voice shouted out with endeavor.

"Please Great Eternal Spirit, guide us and bless this land so that this desert won't submit to the drought. May rain plummet once again on this land to replenish it's people." the voice shouted.

"Move dammit!" Spencer roared to the crowd while pushing a few more aside. He couldn't hear where the voice was coming from but he couldn't give up yet. As if a sign of retaliation against Spencer's hopes, a sound similar to a sonic-boom rang throughout the desert. It came from the distant right side of Spencer and he assumed it was whoever was conducting the ritual but his goodwill came to an end. Giving up hope on diplomatically deal with this problem, Spencer summoned upon his Reaper Strength and shoved a fair portion of the people aside like a domino effect. Now wasn't the time for pleasantries and the like.

A single screech caused Spencer to hesitate and soon a second and third scream followed. Trying to figure out what was going on, Spencer approached where he thought the nearest scream originated. Stumbling into another crowd, this one seemed different as if they were fleeing. There was no need to push them out of his pathway and the group gave way easily. A man stumbled into him and screamed painfully and vanished into thin air to Spencer's curiosity. Was this the doing of the ritual? Was it unsuccessful?

Before he could step further, another sonic-boom echoed even louder than the first and as it finished, the fog stirred and soon the purple haze slackened.

Last edited by dcjboi; March 9th, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious

Luka Sokolov - Chapter 1-7: Too many vampires

Luka stood there as his position was converged upon by approaching vampires. He had hoped he would be able to deal with his injuries in peace, but he was on the battlefield now, and that wasn't an option here. He drew his sword, ready for a desperate struggle, when Nox arrived on the scene. He took out the ones in the immediate area before turning to Luka. He tossed him one of his bone-spears and said, "Might be hard to get a good shot off with your arrows in this mess. If you can still fight, use it if you need to." Luka thanked him and took the weapon, sheathing his own blade. The weapon Nox had given him was far lighter and easier to move with in his present state, but slightly difficult to handle from his inexperience with spears and his inability to use his other hand. Regardless, it would keep him alive much longer, since his sword had been starting to feel quite heavy.

The majority of the coming vampires headed in Nox's direction, since he was the bigger threat and needed more pressure on him. Luka was faced with a pair that had come after him instead, and held the spear out in front of himself defensively. He focused and waited for one of the vampires to come near, and when he did Luka jabbed the tip into the creature's heart. Moving quickly (quickly enough at least) he turned and jabbed the other one. He was constantly backing up to keep distance between himself and his enemies, because if one got too close or if he missed the heart, he was done for. Luka's sharp eyes and equally sharp teammates were the only things that had kept him alive all mission long. Nox and Adrian had worked together to take out the four harbingers after them and now Destiny was battling the one he assumed was their leader. Or at least the leader of the ones at the warehouse.

Luka sorely wished he could have watched Destiny's battle, a spectacle of skill and sorcery, but he wasn't willing to turn his focus from his enemies and die to see it. Soon it was over, and it was just them and the vampires. Adrian suggested leaving and burning the place, and Destiny questioned what to do it with. Through gasps and breaths Luka managed to say, "I...always bring some...utility arrows, just in case. That includes...explosive arrows. They're only for emergencies because using them...drains my power, y'know, because technology." Luka impaled another vampire and took a deep breath. "They won't do much for making a fire, but if someone can break open the gas pipes for the heating we could blow this place to pieces. Won't be very quiet though, and I really hope somebody has a better plan, but I'm just saying it's an option." He really didn't want to make such a big scene, but he wouldn't be able to hold the vampires off much longer. Also, he really had no way to make a fire that could engulf the entire building, much less one that could spread fast enough to take out all the vampires. Exasperated, he asked, "Doesn't anyone just have some kind of wildfire spell?"
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Adrian Frode

"Doesn't anyone just have some kind of wildfire spell?" asked Adrian's wounded comrade
"Several" replied Adrian "shame I'm too tired to use a single spell right now" he added as he hacked at and beheaded an attacking vampire, starting to angle towards the exit.
"Nox, you seem to be in the best shape of any of us right now, but still pretty beat up. Maybe the two of us could handle the load on us if we did it together though?" queried Adrian. He wasn't concerned about the vampires hearing their plan, they were in a blood-thirsty frenzy and were to busy trying to kill the Reapers to acknowledge what they were saying.

Adrian brought his blade down hard on one vampire, vertically splitting it down the middle before stabbing upwards through the newly made gap as the two sides of his enemy fell to impale the heart of the vampire behind. He couldn't keep pulling stunts like that off, but they seemed to be the only things that did enough damage to his attackers. At least he was closer to both Nox and Luka and the exit now.
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Flydro
doobz

Nox Fenoir

As he worked along side Luka to fend off the attacking vampires, Nox could feel himself being worn down from the intensity of the fight. He had no time to even think about taking a break as vampire after vampire clawed and gnashed their teeth at him. His hair had a fair amount of blood in it and the shirt he was wearing was bloody and torn up, revealing his heavily tattooed body. There were also a few scratches to his face and some bite marks on his arms neck, but he still managed to keep himself on his feet. He panted heavily as he tried to catch his breath in between dodging and delivering attacks, wiping blood and sweat from his face as he tried to defend himself and Luka. The two were soon joined by Adrian and Destiny, where they regrouped and tried to make out an escape plan to end the mission.

"I vote that we get out of here, and burn the place down," called Adrian, "Then we can clean up any that escape or that somehow survive the fire."

"I can go with that," said Destiny as she killed more vampires. "Better get a move on if you want to trap them in here! And who exactly plans to set this fire, and with what?"

"Doesn't anyone have some kind of wildfire spell?" asked Luka, spearing a couple of vampires with the weapon Nox had given him. Nox could hear the strain in his voice as the wounded Reaper tried to gather the strength to continue on with the fight.

"Several," replied Adrian. "Shame I'm too tired to use a single spell right now. Nox, you seem to be in the best shape of any of us right now, but still pretty beat up. Maybe the two of us could handle the load if we did it together though?"

"Alright then let's- argh!" began Nox, when he was suddenly jumped from behind while he momentarily let his guard down to answer Adrian.

The vampire latched onto his back and viciously bit him in his neck and clawed at his shoulders. She hissed and growled like a rabid animal as she tore at his body, a foam of blood and saliva smeared around her mouth and face. Struggling to get the vampire off of him, Nox brought his shoulder forward with enough force to flip the vampire off his back and onto the floor. Without giving her time to get up for another attack, Nox brought his bone scythe down like a hammer in one downward motion. The blade went completely through the soft underside of her chin and upwards into her skull similar to a fishing hook, her screams muffled by the blood pooling in her mouth and throat. While the creature writhed around he stomped onto her chest and ripped the scythe from her face, completely removing her lower jaw as it hang grotesquely from the blade. Nox discarded the jawbone and tried to gather his energy back.

"Like I was trying to say... I don't think we have much of a choice as our options are limited. But Destiny is right, if we're going to do this... we must move quickly," Nox gasped, clutching at the bite wound on his neck. "Adrian I'll assist you with the fire spell as much as I can... Destiny, you and Luka should escape first. He might need some help getting out of here and both of you need to distance yourselves from the building when we light it up... that work for you all?"
*caught:

*hunting:

Old March 14th, 2013, 07:33 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Adrian Frode

Corkscrewing in mid air to avoid the lunges of two more blood thirsty vampires Adrian simultaneously whipped his blade round to removed the heads of his aggressors. He heard as the others, save Luka, responded to his plan in agreement, Nox even finishing the details.
"Okay. I don't want to sound bossy but this isn't the time for anyone to argue with what I say. Destiny, your in bad shape but good enough to get Luka and yourself out of here alive. Nox and I will keep fighting Vamps of until you are out and then set the place on fire before escaping ourselves and killing anyone who tries to run. I figure you can get any that escape before we do".

With that Adrian begun to tear through his enemies again, he really didn't have the energy left for this, but he needed to keep their attention away from Destiny and Luka. He whirled and slashed, jumped and dove as the pile of dusty, blood soaked remains grew around him, unfortunately plenty of the blood was his own. His arms, shoulders, face and neck were covered with bites, cuts and bruises. If he wanted to be standing to help burn the hell hole to the ground they needed to do this quickly.
"Now would be good" he added half jokingly as he once again stabbed through the heart of an enemy. He was definitely getting why the Grims had sent four of them at this point.
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Chapter One :: Exit

"I . . . always bring some . . . utility arrows, just in case. That includes . . . explosive arrows. They're only for emergencies because using them . . . drains my power, y'know, because technology." Luka impaled another vampire and took a deep breath. "They won't do much for making a fire, but if someone can break open the gas pipes for the heating we could blow this place to pieces. Won't be very quiet though, and I really hope somebody has a better plan, but I'm just saying it's an option." Luka paused briefly, before adding; "Doesn't anyone just have some kind of wildfire spell?"

"Several," replied Adrian. "Shame I'm too tired to use a single spell right now," he added, beheading an oncoming vampire. "Nox, you seem to be in the best shape of any of us right now, but still pretty beat up. Maybe the two of us could handle the load on us if we did it together though?"

"Like I was trying to say . . . I don't think we have much of a choice as our options are limited," Nox said after being attacked by yet another vampire. "But Destiny is right, if we're going to do this . . . we must move quickly," Nox gasped, clutching at the bite wound on his neck. "Adrian I'll assist you with the fire spell as much as I can . . . Destiny, you and Luka should escape first. He might need some help getting out of here and both of you need to distance yourselves from the building when we light it up . . . that work for you all?"

Before anyone could respond, Adrian spoke up. "Okay. I don't want to sound bossy but this isn't the time for anyone to argue with what I say. Destiny, you're in bad shape but good enough to get Luka and yourself out of here alive. Nox and I will keep fighting Vamps off until you are out and then set the place on fire before escaping ourselves and killing anyone who tries to run. I figure you can get any that escape before we do. Now would be good"

Destiny simply nodded, running over to Luka and grabbing him. There really wasn't much else to do, and she felt drained. Physically she was completely fine, but her spirit would need a few hours to recover from her fight with the Harbinger woman.

Destiny wrapped her right arm around Luka, lifting him slightly to support his weight. "Be quick about it, but don't get yourselves killed! It'd be a shame to have to explain that to the Grims!" Destiny called as she staggered out of the warehouse door with Luka. She supported him until they were a considerable distance away from the warehouse, where she sat Luka down against a building.

"There," she sighed. "Hopefully this day will be over soon." She leaned up against the wall, laying her head back and closing her eyes. "Within the next minute or so, preferably."
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Luka Sokolov - Chapter 1-8: Saved again

Through intense fighting, the team formulated a plan on how to end this. Nox and Adrian would team up to preform the fire spell, and Destiny would get him out of there. "My arm may be broken, but my legs are fine!" Luka tried to say, but his words were ignored as he was swept up by Destiny and carried out of the warehouse. They all had a task except him, who was now essentially the damsel in distress; his only responsibility was to be rescued. In the end he decided not to argue, and went with the plan, seeing Nox and Adrian get left behind to carry it out. They were probably right anyway, he probably couldn't escape on his own. He just wasn't strong enough, or fast enough. He was too tired to worry about it now.

Luka was set down against a building and soon his second wind of adrenaline petered out. "There, hopefully this day will be over soon," said his savior as she leaned against the wall. "Within the next minute or so, preferably." Luka didn't respond. He was ready to pass out, and it seemed like every fiber in his being wanted to. Sleep's sweet embrace just seemed so close, and so nice. But he didn't want to be more of a burden than he already was. And also, the warehouse would soon be a blazing inferno, and he didn't want to miss it, nor did he want to miss the trip to the tavern promised by Adrian earlier. Even though none of them were really in any condition to be going out for drinks, and despite the fact that he himself didn't even drink, it still sounded like a lot of fun. He let out a light chuckle at the thought before closing his eyes and relaxing, fighting an uphill battle to stay awake.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:52 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Adrian Frode

Adrian continued his hacking ad slashing of the vampire coven using his violent momentum to position himself close to both Nox and the door and between the vampires and the door. He wasn't letting any out if he could afford it. All the while he was slowly channelling his remaining energy, for what he and Nox were planning to do it was crucial that they acted simultaneously. The idea between collaborative work like this was simple, one person shared his energy whilst another directed the spell which resulted is a more significant assault, or what ever else they were attempting. In their weakened state it would allow for a fairly decent flame, but nothing special.

Adrian looked to Nox
"Now who would have thought the two of us would be in a situation like this, and actually collaborating well" he laughed "you direct and I'll channel, I don't think I have direction in me right now". With that Adrian was about ready and perceiving that Nox was pretty much prepared at this point he projected his energies in Nox's direction which would allow for him to ignite the building.
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nox Fenoir

After waiting for Destiny and Luka to escape, Nox and Adrian made their move. As he worked to muster the energy to dodge the attacks from the vampires, Nox brought his focus to executing the fire spell to burn the hellish building to the ground. He attached his scythes back to his waist and recovered his bone spears, stabbing two vampires through the head while trying to keep close enough to Adrian so they don't get separated during the bloody fight.

"Now who would have thought the two of us would be in a situation like this, and actually collaborating well," Adrian laughed. "You direct and I'll channel, I don't think I have direction in me right now."

Nox grunted in a slightly uneasy way as he minimized his bone spears and positioned himself in between Adrian and the horde of vampires. The statement he had made regarding their teamwork made him feel slightly uneasy. He wasn't used to aligning himself with others and the feelings it triggered made him feel almost human, something that he was no longer. Nonetheless, he shunned his momentary thoughts as he held out his left arm in Adrian's direction. With his open palm he caught the fiery energy that was thrown into his direction and then conducted the flow through his body and into his right arm. He winced as his tattoos darkened and burned into his body, it was taking him much more effort to direct another Reaper's magic than he had anticipated. He transformed Adrian's energy into burning fire and released it through his open right hand, multiple flares of fire erupting from his hand and singing nearby vampires. The flash of light that had been given off was a bright red orange, illuminating the inside of the warehouse and the bloody scene. The waves of fire crashed throughout the walls and ceiling of the warehouse. As the well-done corpses of dead vampires lay scattered along the floor some were still running around, lit completely on fire and shrieking. Nox collapsed on all fours, breathing heavily. The building began to break down as pieces of the ceiling fell from above.

"Alright... now... let's try and get a move on," he said in an exhausted voice. He had very little energy left after pulling off such a large fire spell. This had definitely been one of the hardest missions he had been on in a while.
*caught:

*hunting:

Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:22 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Adrian Frode

Adrian looked around. They probably had over done it with the spread of the flames, although at least the size was about right so as not to burn down the entire industrial area.

"Alright... now... let's try and get a move on" an exhausted Nox suggested from nearby, although Adrian was having trouble seeing him through the rapidly accumulating smoke that their fire had caused. Nox was right of course, they had to get away from the distracting inferno so they could dimension hop back to Limbo to rest before their next mission. Leaving was easier said then done though, both he and Nox were beyond tired. Adrian himself could barely lift his limbs from the fatigue. Dragging his sword along side him; Adrian began to slowly make his way towards the door, which now hung open seemingly beckoning the two reapers out of the blaze.

Adrian made it out of the burning warehouse into the fresh, crisp air of the Moscow night. Falling to the ground in a heap and breathing heavily. The mission had been far more challenging than any of the group had assumed. He summed up the mission in his head
Eight Harbingers, all dead. Several vampires, presumably all dead. Evidence of all of it, currently burning to ground. The mission was definitely a success. then he considered the state of the group Luka is in terrible condition with a big hole in him. Destiny is about to pass out from exertion and so are Nox and I, who are also singed. Then there's the countless minor injuries we have obtained... well a least we completed the mission but the Grims probably were expecting a cleaner run of things.

Adrian pushed himself to his feet, looking over the group he had worked with.
"Thanks for all the help in there guys, appreciate it. But now lets get the hell out of here before we are forced to break out of a Russian Jail, see you all back home." With that Adrian focussed what was left of his energy and dimension hopped to his small home in Limbo, where he promptly collapsed into a deep sleep on the floor.
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Luka Sokolov - Chapter 1-9: Back Home

Luka's eyes fluttered open as he heard the spell cast successfully. They went wide once he saw the massive blaze that was once an enemy hideout. They actually pulled it off...nice, he thought, glad that the mission was finally over. Nox and Adrian soon came hobbling to his and Destiny's location, where Adrian said, "Thanks for all the help in there guys, appreciate it. But now lets get the hell out of here before we are forced to break out of a Russian Jail. See you all back home." And with that he was gone. Luka struggled to get up, using the wall to support himself, and looked around. His eyes lingered on the team's handiwork before resting on the Moscow night sky. Even with his view of it obscured by the tower of smoke, it was still beautiful. Luka had no idea how long it would be until he saw the sky he grew up with again; maybe tomorrow, maybe never. He let the image of the starlit night embed itself in his mind. Once he was satisfied, he stepped through a passage into limbo, painfully tearing himself away from good ol' mother Russia.

Luka waited on the examination table for his acquaintance, the doctor, to arrive. He had been here a few times before, but none of them for an injury as bad as his current one. Regardless, Luka disliked having to come. Doctor Krieg was very skilled in both medical technique and healing magic, but he had a demeanor that was less than personable. It wasn't long until the good doctor arrived, clearly rife with concern as he said, "Welcome back, rookie. So what the hell did you do to yourself this time?" Luka gave him an unamused look while pointing to his arm.

The doctor put his hands on the arm while beginning to cast a spell. Luka would have jerked it back from the pain of him touching it, but right now he couldn't feel anything in it at all. It appeared his spell was still in effect from earlier. The doctor's spell was a sensory one that used soundwaves to "see" the inside of the arm, something that seemed much more complicated to do than using an X-ray machine. Luka still wasn't quite used to the "no technology" thing, nor was he entirely sure of why technology weakened them.

After a few moments, Doctor Krieg lifted his arms and folded them, scowling further than usual. "This arm is gonna need a little more than a sling and a good night's rest," he said not very reassuringly. "Lay down on the table and I'll be right back." This was even less reassuring, as Luka knew that table doubled as an operating table. He laid down reluctantly and waited for Krieg's return. Sure enough, when he returned the Doctor was holding a scalpel and a tray with several metal objects. The doctor got straight to work, not explaining anything because they both knew that Luka knew the procedure for a badly broken arm. Krieg numbed his arm once more with a numbing solution before cutting into the arm.

Finally, he was done with the operation, Luka's bones back in place and held there by metal reinforcements. Krieg then used magic to meld the pieces back together before casting another spell that accelerated the body's natural healing processes. If he had not used the metal to hold everything in place, the arm would have healed all wrong and caused more harm than good, but Doctor Krieg knew what he was doing and now Luka's arm was good as new. The metal reinforcements remained to keep the weak new bone from simply shattering again if damaged. Luka was glad that while the weapons and architecture remained archaic, the reapers' knowledge and skills continued to develop. He was also amazed that they figured out ways to do so despite their limitations on tools.

Luka walked back to his house, an unremarkable marble building like the others surrounding it, and went inside where he threw himself onto the bed and remained in silence. The mission was successful in the end, but to him it felt like a failure. He had to be better, stronger, faster. He needed to be smarter as well, but for now he would focus on the first things. Luka decided that after a long rest, he would take a run around the city then a long workout before target practice, which would be more challenging in a state of exhaustion. Smiling at the thought of improvement, Luka drifted off to the land of dreams.
*Insert witty and/or thought provoking quote here*

Last edited by Geras32; March 29th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:55 AM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Spencer - Saharan Desert

As the haze cleared, Spencer tried to see the results of the ritual. It appeared almost as if nothing had happened. Silenced prevailed as Spencer looked for the source of the fog and where it went. Spencer did not know but he felt suspicion regardless.

The sun beat down on the top of his head again, the atmosphere was lighter and gave him cautious optimism. Moving throughout what remained of the crowd, Spencer saw that everyone was more dumbfounded than he was. He couldn't find the rest of his group and another thing came to his attention. He noticed the crowd was almost half as large as it was previously. As this realization came to his mind, the silence was broken by a loud sobbing from a boy from the tribe.

An array of noises broke out immediately afterwards and people began frantically running around, looking for their fellow comrades and family members. Among this, few also stared at Spencer with disapproval and curiosity, almost as if he were the cause of this.

Walking away before he drew more attention, he spotted Seth and began walking towards him. Spencer glanced uneasily at Seth and In that split second their eyes met in a look of similarity. In the one second that followed, the sand below Seth began to resonate then pulse out of the ground into a tightly packed form before a red liquid shot throughout the air. The sand formed a sharp spike that impaled Seth along with quite a few others before solidifying into a human-like body of a male wearing a heavy robe. The man fired sand spikes from his hands at Spencer and before he knew it, the man was out of his sight, blocked by the tribes people who were now fleeing.

The group was running around and screaming. The desert was filled with chaos and Spencer knew that if he didn't stop this, the world might fall out of balance.

Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Adrian Frode

Adrian awoke on the hard surface of his floor having, more or less, passed out there upon his return from the intense assault on the Russian warehouse. The Reaper groaned loudly, every inch of his body ached from the gruelling battle and he still had several cuts and scrapes from blades and fangs across his body... not to mention the damage that had been done to his trademark clothing. Pushing himself to his feet Adrian removed his blood spattered coat, chucking it over the small couch in the room before heading into the tiny bathroom at the end of the nearby hall, undressing and stepping into the shower. Reapers may be immortal but they could still get dirty.

Not long after the Swiss Reaper was clean and dressed in clothes that were nearly identical to those he had worn on his mission, his cuts were no longer bleeding so he set himself the task of cleaning his sword first and seeing a healer later. It was as he scrubbed at the blade that he thought back to the mission
Well, nobody is dead... although I should probably see Luka at some point since he took a nasty stab through his gut. In hindsight the Grims may not like the mess we made but we handled being dramatically outnumbered quite well. Hold on... the Grims... we didn't decide who was supposed to report back to them. Damn I was hoping to head to Ireland for some R&R

It was shortly after that Adrian had gotten to the postal srevice and a Raven, because they used Raven's instead of the traditional methods of anywhere at all for some reason, had been sent to the Grims detailing the events of the mission... although Adrian was fairly certain they already knew... they always knew. All that was left for him to do was maybe see a doctor or healer, get some rest and await his next mission.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:57 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Spencer - Saharan Desert

Before he could even react a wall of sand collided with him and sent him soaring up nearly fifty feet into the sky. At that moment, Spencer knew this was a fight he couldn't do alone. The man sent a fleet of sand spikes and him and Spencer had no choice but to take a few hits although he avoided most of the weapons. One spike struck him in his stomach and plenty had grazed his arms. The impact didn't hurt but he felt a draining pain from the injuries he sustained. Too much blood had been shed and in Spencer's mind, this was a failure. His main objective was to make sure nobody died and he wasn't even sure he could save himself. His face went emotionless and his eyes went dreary and devoid of life. The man sent a wave of sand up into the sky that would certaintly end this fight and Spencer knew it was pointless. Spencer looked down at the spike that was still in his stomach with a forlorn face and closed his eyes.

A surge of anger arose in him. He had never lost a fight, not even with death itself and he wasn't going to allow it to happen now. He no longer cared for his life but more prideful than ever. He wouldn't allow anyone to step on him like a worn out welcome mat and throw him away.

Spencer's hand formed a fist which was so tight blood dripped out of his hands. His fist compacted more and veins branched out from his fingers all throughout his arm, spreading even to his face. Trace amounts of blood dripped down his arm and fell off his knuckles, which met the point blank wall of sand that dispersed all around Spencer. A deranged look replaced the previously forsaken face Spencer had.

He roared and breached through another wave of sand that reversed direction and fell to the ground. A pike of sand pierced through Spencer's arm and filled him with ravaging pain but he continued falling towards the sandman with no reduction in his speed.

A battlecry escaped Spencer's lungs with all of his breath but his face turned a crimson red. As the man's face got even closer, he swung his left fist with all of his might, resisting the pain of his muscles and cuts he had. Instead of punching the man with his left hand, he clenched the mans neck with it and burrowed it into the sand.

With his free hand, he forced all of the momentum he had left and all of the force left in his body with so much force, the backlash caused him to turn his head. The man's face shattered, not like a regular person's would but more like a glass vase and the man's body followed shortly behind. Spencer landed on his side on the ground and rolled down a hill of sand. The man was definately dead by now and he would be lucky if he could even get home now. He didn't even know if his reaper friends would be able to help him back, unaware of their fates. He closed his eyes and everything went black.

As he awoke, Spencer felt no pain to his surprise. He quickly sat up, unaware of how much time pass and saw he was in his room, back at the Reaper world. Everything was calm, he wasn't bleeding and was dressed in undergarments. He didn't even have a trace of sand on his body. Spencer looked for anything out of place, unsure if he was really home and saw a letter at the foot of his bed.

Reading the letter once, skimming it again, then reading it carefully a second time, Spencer frowned with a look of defeat. The letter informed him of the outcome of his mission from the higher-ups. He learned his teammates had died during the battle from multiple lacerations although at the end of the letter was a seal of approval.

He had no true ill will towards any Reaper, not even Alice. His teammates had not deserved death and he wasn't sure he deserved life, not as a human or a Reaper. A sharp pain caused Spencer to bend forward and drop the letter. As he slowly sat up, he dropped the letter into the trash next to this bed and buried his face into his pillow.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links