The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:17 PM
Mastarchief345
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
I'm glad I found this site cause the hacks are really cool. Also I'm a big fan of the older Pokemon games. I hope to have a good time while here.
Oh and if anyone knows how to put an animated avatar as the current one I'd like some help.(I want Red as my avatar but want him to move) I'm just not smart enough to figure it out
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Hi, Mastarchief345. So you like to browse Emulation section? This section contains many Pokemon hacks! Have a nice day and welcome to Pokecommunity!
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:19 AM
Mastarchief345
Unhatched Egg

Indeed I do, anytime I see a hack that looks good I'll play it.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:20 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Hi, Mc345!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! These forums are very notably known for their emulation/hacks section! xD I'm also a huge fan of the older games, as those games are the reason why I got into the series in the first place. :] Though I still love the newer ones, too.

As for the animated avatar you're trying to put up, I believe that any avatar needs to be within the size limit allowed, which is 40 KB(?). This means that if you have already tried uploading an animated avatar and it doesn't work (meaning that the uploaded avatar doesn't animate after you've uploaded it, or you get an error message saying the image is too big), you need to resize the image or cut it into smaller frames so that the file size is smaller.

I hope I helped & hope to see you around!
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
The hacks are really cool for sure! PC hasn't lost its niche after all these years, and I'm glad that it's getting a healthy amount of attention for the hacks it houses even now. :3 You're part of that, so I'm glad that you're here to reassure this. :D Welcome to PC, Mastarchief!

A big fan of the older games, eh? Please, make yourself at home. We have tons and tons of users who are just like you. Myself included. ;D May I suggest you visit the forums for Metal and Color Generation Games as well as the Advanced Generation Games after your stop at the Emulation section? Us oldies need to look out for the sections related to our interests that young whippersnappers wouldn't know. Of course, we can always act hip and post in the newer sections, but for now, let's stay loyal, shall we?

Hopefully Gyardo's post clears up your troubles with uploading an animated avatar. If you have further questions, don't be afraid to ask! There are dozens of staff around this place, and hundreds and thousands of members, too. All ready to help you. You're only gonna have a good time if you interact with us everywhere, like there are blogs, VMs, PMs, threads and servers ready to be active in. Lots of places. You won't get bored for sure. :p So stick around! And have a blast, o' course.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mastarchief345
Unhatched Egg

It does and I do indeed want to have a wonderful time here.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here