The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old March 10th, 2013 (11:40 PM).
MrDollSteak's Avatar
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Insanely close to a release of Pokemon Apollo 0.3 if anyone is interested. I've fixed 'quite' a few glitches so far and added quite a lot of custom moves, updated the moves able to be learnt by all Pokemon that can be found up to this point. There are still a few things that bug me with the third gym that I am hoping to fix. I've added quite alot of content this time so sorry for the delay, but I hope you find the story at this stage more engaging and fun. I've added quite a bit more humorous dialogue and random characters because scripting is just getting boring now! One thing I am not 100% sure about, is how trainers interact with the custom moves. I'll give that a bit of testing and hopefully will release it then. Thanks for your patience everyone!

EDIT: I will update the front page with all the relevant information once the BETA is ready.
__________________
  #52    
Old March 11th, 2013 (05:04 AM).
ptshady
 
Join Date: May 2006
Nature: Lax
This hack looks interesting, it seems to be fun playing as team rocket, im waiting on version 0.3 to try it :)
__________________
  #53    
Old March 11th, 2013 (05:22 AM).
speedokaggen
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
It looks great! :D looking forward to playing it
  #54    
Old March 18th, 2013 (12:53 AM). Edited March 18th, 2013 by MrDollSteak.
MrDollSteak's Avatar
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
BETA 0.3 is now ready!

For more information consult the updated front page or readme file.
If you find any glitches that aren't listed please tell me, and I'll fix them and the link.

Download Link:
__________________
  #55    
Old March 18th, 2013 (02:58 AM).
AmazingCharizard's Avatar
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: High above you
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Hey 11bayerf1, thanks for your hard work, I love Apollo. Do you plan to insert Butch and Cassady, too(I love Cassady :D)?
__________________
You, the unwashed masses: We, Team Rocket...ARE HERE! You better believe in the Shield of Injustice! Follow the Buzzard...

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
  #56    
Old March 18th, 2013 (04:10 AM).
MrDollSteak's Avatar
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
Hey 11bayerf1, thanks for your hard work, I love Apollo. Do you plan to insert Butch and Cassady, too(I love Cassady :D)?
I do actually! They're going to pop up in Johto especially after Giovanni's absence. Rather than having Petrel and the other guy who is just insignificant, I'd thought I'd have Jessie, James, Butch and Cassidy running Team Rocket!
__________________
  #57    
Old March 18th, 2013 (09:42 AM).
AmazingCharizard's Avatar
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: High above you
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
I do actually! They're going to pop up in Johto especially after Giovanni's absence. Rather than having Petrel and the other guy who is just insignificant, I'd thought I'd have Jessie, James, Butch and Cassidy running Team Rocket!
That means that Johto is going to be included, too? :D :D :D :D
You almost gave me a heart attack
__________________
You, the unwashed masses: We, Team Rocket...ARE HERE! You better believe in the Shield of Injustice! Follow the Buzzard...

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
  #58    
Old March 18th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
kinataki's Avatar
kinataki
david tennant so much!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Nature: Naughty
i love team rocket hacks!

but everytime i see one im like "this wont last long" cuz like all of the rocket hacks are unfinished

and this seemed like a compliment in my head

it seems nice but i will wait till second beta or something.
best lucks!
__________________
  #59    
Old March 18th, 2013 (11:45 AM). Edited March 18th, 2013 by Kurapika.
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Does the new release not work with a save from the old one?
I don't know where to go next (I am at Mt. Moon). I went to the helipocter but nothing is there except the PC and healing.
EDIT: I was able to proceed from an old save, as long as you didn't reach the 2 fossils and beat Jessie&James you can proceed and to get warped to the HQ.
__________________
  #60    
Old March 18th, 2013 (11:56 PM).
MrDollSteak's Avatar
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Does the new release not work with a save from the old one?
I don't know where to go next (I am at Mt. Moon). I went to the helipocter but nothing is there except the PC and healing.
EDIT: I was able to proceed from an old save, as long as you didn't reach the 2 fossils and beat Jessie&James you can proceed and to get warped to the HQ.
Yeah sorry I should have specified about that. I'm glad you had an old save you could use. That being said, lots of the Pokemon have had their movesets changed, so some of your pokemon MAY possibly be at a disadvantage. I'll add this to the front page!

Quote:
i love team rocket hacks!

but everytime i see one im like "this wont last long" cuz like all of the rocket hacks are unfinished

and this seemed like a compliment in my head

it seems nice but i will wait till second beta or something.
best lucks!
I'm glad you like the look of it at least. I do understand your point, don't worry I have every intention of finishing it.

This is technically the third beta I've released, but it still only takes you to the third gym. If I were you I'd wait till the next one, if you don't like unfinished content. The next beta will effectively be the first half of the story completed and should take you to the lvl. 40-50 range. Which if you think about it is more or less a complete pokemon game.
__________________
  #61    
Old March 19th, 2013 (07:50 PM).
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Is there additional content in the current release after beating Mr. Fuji?
Because I can't make Snorlax wake up.
__________________
  #62    
Old March 20th, 2013 (11:48 AM).
tvoza2's Avatar
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
I just attempted to start over with the new version, since my old save is no longer compatible. when i attempt to leave the start room, the game black screens, and freezes. Help!
  #63    
Old March 20th, 2013 (03:17 PM). Edited March 21st, 2013 by Mochorro.
Mochorro's Avatar
Mochorro
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Spain
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
This game is amazing. I have just finished Beta 0.3 (well, I am inside the helicopter, being attacked by Pikachu, and when I exit it I appear in Lavender Town Pokémon Center, so I suppose that's it). It's such an original game, it's so fun to steal Pokémon, items, etc. I loved getting Slowpoke and Smoochum that way (and I was also lucky with Smoochum's Modest Nature). Now they are great Jynx and Slowking. Congratulations on making a great game, I really look forward to future releases.

The only thing I don't like is that starters (in my case Koffing + Meowth) are too weak. I had to stop training Koffing at lv 14, because it didn't do any damage, and had problems with everything. And I stopped training Meowth at lv 23, because it is so weak, it cannot win any single battle, after finishing the Mt. Moon quest, it always dies because it is so frail, and lacks offensive power, Fake Out is the only thing it has going for it... (perhaps you should increase their stats, or if you already have, maybe a bit more?)

There is also a problem with the items trainers use, such as the X Items. They can be useful and make things harder, of course, but normally it made me things much easier instead, especially in the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town. Haunter/Gengar are frail, and when using the X Special item I can just KO them in two hits being hit only once.

Apart from that I found a few bugs, and I took screens of 2 of them:

Zen Headbutt should be a Psychic-type move.
Here, Ledyba is mentioned twice, and in the second one it should be Spinarak.

Also, the elemental fangs are broken. The 3 of them have 100% of inflicting Burn, Freeze, or Paralysis, respectively.

I also wanted to ask you something. I evolved my Growlithe quite early, level 23-25 if I recall correctly. Have I missed any important moves, or will Arcanine be capable of learning useful moves in the future?

Thanks for this great game, it's one of the best hacks I've seen.
__________________

A challenging Pokémon Black hack!

Hacks I support:
Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon Adventure: Green Chapter, Pokémon RD LoG, and Pokémon Resolute Version.
  #64    
Old March 20th, 2013 (05:30 PM).
Pokemanz's Avatar
Pokemanz
POKEMANZZZ
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pallet Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I like the idea of playing as team rocket a lot.. I would add silver from gold/silver/crystal (the rival) as a part of the game
__________________
Name: Frankie
FC: 3325-2302-1112
  #65    
Old March 20th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Oh, now that I am sure I finished the actual beta here is my feedback:
- first I agree with everything Mochorro said: Starters and Meowth are very weak me too I gave up on them even tough pick up gives a conciderable amount of PP Up, raising their stats might make them more useful, how about changing their types? for exemple koffing to poison+fire, Ekans to poison+dark and Grimer to poison+ghost. It would be silly hehe. :D
- Giving Potions to every single trainer out there is, in my personal opinion, a bad idea, it just makes them annoying and boring and forces you to go back for healing repeatedly. Only the "boss" trainers and the last trainers to fight in an area should have trainer items I guess. But again, this is just me!
- Some doors animation isn't very well looking.
- After taking the fossils from Mt. Moon, The first mission was centered about stealing the fossil and giving them to Giovanni, even J&J (jessie&James) try to steal it from you to get the praise from the boss, but when the mission is achieved there was no interview between the player and Giovanni it didn't make quite sense to me and I had no idea what to do I just left the HQ and headed wherever I could head to until I reached Lavendar Town, you should probably make the warp after Fossils mission send you to Giovanni's who will congratulate you for completing the mission of mt. moon and gives you the new orders and such.
- Tackle is not updated to match gen 4+ (should have 100% accuracy), also Fire Fang is overpowered with its 100% burn status, it made things a lot easy for me.~~

Also: (big picture!)
Spoiler:
__________________
  #66    
Old March 20th, 2013 (07:39 PM).
Grim.'s Avatar
Grim.
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, Cali
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Cant wait to check it out gonna download it and play but it seems like the more fun team rocket hacks.
  #67    
Old March 21st, 2013 (12:52 AM).
MrDollSteak's Avatar
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Oh, now that I am sure I finished the actual beta here is my feedback:
- first I agree with everything Mochorro said: Starters and Meowth are very weak me too I gave up on them even tough pick up gives a conciderable amount of PP Up, raising their stats might make them more useful, how about changing their types? for exemple koffing to poison+fire, Ekans to poison+dark and Grimer to poison+ghost. It would be silly hehe. :D
- Giving Potions to every single trainer out there is, in my personal opinion, a bad idea, it just makes them annoying and boring and forces you to go back for healing repeatedly. Only the "boss" trainers and the last trainers to fight in an area should have trainer items I guess. But again, this is just me!
- Some doors animation isn't very well looking.
- After taking the fossils from Mt. Moon, The first mission was centered about stealing the fossil and giving them to Giovanni, even J&J (jessie&James) try to steal it from you to get the praise from the boss, but when the mission is achieved there was no interview between the player and Giovanni it didn't make quite sense to me and I had no idea what to do I just left the HQ and headed wherever I could head to until I reached Lavendar Town, you should probably make the warp after Fossils mission send you to Giovanni's who will congratulate you for completing the mission of mt. moon and gives you the new orders and such.
- Tackle is not updated to match gen 4+ (should have 100% accuracy), also Fire Fang is overpowered with its 100% burn status, it made things a lot easy for me.~~

Also: (big picture!)
Spoiler:
Hrm, I realise that Koffing and Meowth and such can be perceived as weak, but to be honest, they're not supposed to be overpowered. Team Rocket are supposed to have a tough time, especially at the beginning. I also personally dislike changing types and such.
Ekans actually becomes quite viable in the later parts of the game because of its good moveset, and Muk / Weezing are quite solid at lvl 40ish.

Eh I understand the potion thing, but to be honest its the same as the thing above, I want it to be difficult.

Yeah some of the doors are broken, I plan on using Door Manager in the future I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

But Giovanni does give you your mission? I thought I scripted it so you had to go back to Giovanni and talk to him about the next mission? There may have been a problem with that?

Quote:
This game is amazing. I have just finished Beta 0.3 (well, I am inside the helicopter, being attacked by Pikachu, and when I exit it I appear in Lavender Town Pokémon Center, so I suppose that's it). It's such an original game, it's so fun to steal Pokémon, items, etc. I loved getting Slowpoke and Smoochum that way (and I was also lucky with Smoochum's Modest Nature). Now they are great Jynx and Slowking. Congratulations on making a great game, I really look forward to future releases.

The only thing I don't like is that starters (in my case Koffing + Meowth) are too weak. I had to stop training Koffing at lv 14, because it didn't do any damage, and had problems with everything. And I stopped training Meowth at lv 23, because it is so weak, it cannot win any single battle, after finishing the Mt. Moon quest, it always dies because it is so frail, and lacks offensive power, Fake Out is the only thing it has going for it... (perhaps you should increase their stats, or if you already have, maybe a bit more?)

There is also a problem with the items trainers use, such as the X Items. They can be useful and make things harder, of course, but normally it made me things much easier instead, especially in the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town. Haunter/Gengar are frail, and when using the X Special item I can just KO them in two hits being hit only once.

Apart from that I found a few bugs, and I took screens of 2 of them:

Zen Headbutt should be a Psychic-type move.
Here, Ledyba is mentioned twice, and in the second one it should be Spinarak.

Also, the elemental fangs are broken. The 3 of them have 100% of inflicting Burn, Freeze, or Paralysis, respectively.

I also wanted to ask you something. I evolved my Growlithe quite early, level 23-25 if I recall correctly. Have I missed any important moves, or will Arcanine be capable of learning useful moves in the future?

Thanks for this great game, it's one of the best hacks I've seen.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like it.

Hrm, in reference to the difficulty issue, that's eliberate. I don't particularly want the starters to be too strong. I can see that they aren't that viable at the early stages but they do become more useful eventually. Ekans in particular gets quite a decent moveset, Grimer is generally quite strong offensively. I tend to use Koffing and have found it fine so far, I use it primarily as a sponge.

Thanks for pointing out the problems with the moves, I'll fix all of those ASAP. The Elemental Fangs surprised me, as I'd written the code for them myself, I must have used a wrong byte somewhere.

Also thanks for telling me about the double Ledyba. I'll change that too.

Growlithe learns pretty powerful moves from 30-49, Arcanine does learn Extremespeed at 49, but outside of that it won't learn much else. From memory, highlights from Growlithe's learnset are Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Wild Charge, Crunch etc.
__________________
  #68    
Old March 21st, 2013 (12:56 AM). Edited March 22nd, 2013 by Kurapika.
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
But Giovanni does give you your mission? I thought I scripted it so you had to go back to Giovanni and talk to him about the next mission? There may have been a problem with that?
Eh, I have no memory about it. ;_; I am pretty much sure that after getting the fossils I was warped to my room in the HQs when I went to talk to Giovanni he only said a mere line. Maybe because I continued from an old save.
__________________
  #69    
Old March 21st, 2013 (05:54 AM).
MrDollSteak's Avatar
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
QUOTE=11bayerf1;7590403]But Giovanni does give you your mission? I thought I scripted it so you had to go back to Giovanni and talk to him about the next mission? There may have been a problem with that?
Eh, I have no memory about it. ;_; I am pretty much sure that after getting the fossils I was warped to my room in the HQs when I went to talk to Giovanni he only said a mere line. Maybe because I continued from an old save.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I believe it may be caused by the old save. I replaced Giovannis level script to run off the Setvar 5561 as opposed to 4331 because 4331 caused problems with the PC. Which means that if you used an old save this change wouldn't have been recognized.
__________________
  #70    
Old March 21st, 2013 (08:14 AM).
AmazingCharizard's Avatar
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: High above you
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
Eh, I have no memory about it. ;_; I am pretty much sure that after getting the fossils I was warped to my room in the HQs when I went to talk to Giovanni he only said a mere line. Maybe because I continued from an old save.
Ah yes, I believe it may be caused by the old save. I replaced Giovannis level script to run off the Setvar 5561 as opposed to 4331 because 4331 caused problems with the PC. Which means that if you used an old save this change wouldn't have been recognized.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday I started over and Giovanni just said what he always does after getting the fossils and warp into my room.
__________________
You, the unwashed masses: We, Team Rocket...ARE HERE! You better believe in the Shield of Injustice! Follow the Buzzard...

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
  #71    
Old March 21st, 2013 (02:58 PM).
Tesbi
Apokélypse is active again!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Essex, England
Gender: Male
Nice hack, you've pretty much nailed the thug-like environment and situations. Would like to see more of this.
__________________

Pokémon Apokélypse
"The darkest hack yet!"
Coming
21st December 2012
21st March 2013
probably never.
  #72    
Old March 21st, 2013 (09:19 PM).
Leafgreen2itsmyidea's Avatar
Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Pokémon Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Amazing Game!,
Really like the Plot. And the cool twists you made,
One thing, BE CAREFUL WITH HIGH LEVELS IN THE BEGINNING
For beginning Pokémon-Gamers the start is quite DIFFICULT,
But for me it was just challenging and fun,
Not much "big" bugs, most of them are just beauty-mistakes.
I enjoy playing this more than playing Light Platinum so,
HotY 2013 , Maybe you'll have a "Good" change.
I've mad a "Mark" for your hack:

Storyline 89.5% (Excellent Work, Keep up the good job!)
Gameplay 91.5 (Very Good, really hoping to see more of this!)
Sprites 77.5 (Little Palette errors, But still a good job)
Scripting 85.5% (Good, Cool and Funny Battle Scripts)
Engagingness 79% (Good, and engaging storyline, fun.)
Mapping 53% (Sorry, Barely "Map Changes")
Tiling 69% (Good Tiles, Sometimes a bit to "Clear")

Overall 77.8% (Very good work.)

__________________
Hacks I support:





[/sig-reason]
  #73    
Old March 22nd, 2013 (03:43 PM).
pokemonmaster42's Avatar
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
ok so i just wanna know, how do i beat jessie and james in mt moon? they're tough and i keep losing even though my pokemon are all at decent levels
__________________
Ash Ketchum

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
  #74    
Old March 24th, 2013 (10:23 AM).
Xrock's Avatar
Xrock
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Oh my gosh this is great, i love games where you can be evil, how far does the demo go through or is it completed?
__________________
  #75    
Old March 25th, 2013 (07:11 AM).
AmazingCharizard's Avatar
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: High above you
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrock View Post
Oh my gosh this is great, i love games where you can be evil, how far does the demo go through or is it completed?
It goes up to "3 badges", the last thing will be
Spoiler:
that the Rocket helicopter will be hit by a Pikachu, that of the antagonist.
__________________
You, the unwashed masses: We, Team Rocket...ARE HERE! You better believe in the Shield of Injustice! Follow the Buzzard...

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.