The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mochorro

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like it.

Hrm, in reference to the difficulty issue, that's eliberate. I don't particularly want the starters to be too strong. I can see that they aren't that viable at the early stages but they do become more useful eventually. Ekans in particular gets quite a decent moveset, Grimer is generally quite strong offensively. I tend to use Koffing and have found it fine so far, I use it primarily as a sponge.

Thanks for pointing out the problems with the moves, I'll fix all of those ASAP. The Elemental Fangs surprised me, as I'd written the code for them myself, I must have used a wrong byte somewhere.

Also thanks for telling me about the double Ledyba. I'll change that too.

Growlithe learns pretty powerful moves from 30-49, Arcanine does learn Extremespeed at 49, but outside of that it won't learn much else. From memory, highlights from Growlithe's learnset are Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Wild Charge, Crunch etc.
Mmm, so it's a pity that my Arcanine won't be able to learn such cool moves... Can you make it so that it learns them since a certain level, for example 40-45? Because it's almost imposible to keep Growlithe until high levels because it's weak, that made me evolve it soon, but now as an Arcanine it won't improve, and that's a pity.

A challenging Pokémon Black hack!

Hacks I support:
Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon Adventure: Green Chapter, Pokémon RD LoG, and Pokémon Resolute Version.
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:20 PM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post
Mmm, so it's a pity that my Arcanine won't be able to learn such cool moves... Can you make it so that it learns them since a certain level, for example 40-45? Because it's almost imposible to keep Growlithe until high levels because it's weak, that made me evolve it soon, but now as an Arcanine it won't improve, and that's a pity.
I'm basing it off Black 2 and White 2's moveset which has it like that. Actually from memory all the Pokemon games have had Arcanine with no moves at all after level 1 until Firered when he got Extremespeed. I plan on keeping it this way, and have done similar things to most stone evolution pokemon. You could always catch a new Growlithe and slap an exp. share on it? Because after the third gyms you can buy evolution stones.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:32 AM
whiteywolf
Unhatched Egg

Hrm, I'm not sure what to say. I haven't really seen that many people unable to play it. Could you just walk me through your patching process? In case there's a mistake somewhere.[/QUOTE]

ok i was thinking i would just do it all over and now whenever i chose i want to plat pokemon apollo it says loaded battery what does that mean?
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:27 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteywolf View Post
Hrm, I'm not sure what to say. I haven't really seen that many people unable to play it. Could you just walk me through your patching process? In case there's a mistake somewhere.
ok i was thinking i would just do it all over and now whenever i chose i want to plat pokemon apollo it says loaded battery what does that mean?[/QUOTE]

It means that the game is loaded. Which means it is working. Are you able to play it yet?
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Where can you buy evolution stones? I´ve finished Beta 0.3 and am looking for a Water Stone, where can I purchase one?

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
This is an awesome hack but PLEASE. PLEASE change your titlescreen.

L-look, I even made a substitute for you:

Seriously, that MSPaint-ed font REALLY bugs me.

But yeah apart from that this hack rock(et)s.
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:48 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
Where can you buy evolution stones? I´ve finished Beta 0.3 and am looking for a Water Stone, where can I purchase one?
At the moment you can buy them either in the base underneath Lavender Town or in the Rocket Base in Celadon City. Once the next beta comes out you'll also be able to buy them in Saffron City!

Quote:
This is an awesome hack but PLEASE. PLEASE change your titlescreen.

L-look, I even made a substitute for you:

Seriously, that MSPaint-ed font REALLY bugs me.

But yeah apart from that this hack rock(et)s.
Thanks alot for that actually!

I've always been meaning to change the text, I just never really got around to it

I'll give you credit for the font there. It's very good.

EDIT: I've had to change the size slightly, as it cut the sides of it off,
so the new titlescreen looks like this:

Last edited by MrDollSteak; April 5th, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Trainer Sufi
Hacker

good tileset and sprite... wow
Old April 8th, 2013, 02:42 AM
whiteywolf
Unhatched Egg

It means that the game is loaded. Which means it is working. Are you able to play it yet?[/QUOTE]

YEAH its working omg this will be awesome im going to start now when im done i will tell you what i think of it

ok i am done with the game now(of what is done atleast) but i have seen some glitches when i entered the house in the mt.moon part a textbox poped up and said QAF for like 7 min and then i entered the house but i was a litle boy and was stuk in that sprite i couln't fight pokemon or trainers or talk to people thats the one glitch i had other then that the game is awesome keep up the good work and hoop there wont be too much problems

Last edited by DrFuji; April 13th, 2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:21 AM
ShinyDarkral

I just finished playing this Rocket-hack and it was really fun to play. Amazing hack, really creative and good tiles and so on. Keep going!:D
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:41 PM
ProjectMisfit
The fear of falling apart

Nature: Quiet
Just wanted to say that I really enjoy this hack! I recorded it for my first Hack showcase. If you'd like to see, here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2iygyw63Z4
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:31 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMisfit View Post
Just wanted to say that I really enjoy this hack! I recorded it for my first Hack showcase. If you'd like to see, here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2iygyw63Z4
Ha! The video is hilarious.

Some of the comments you made are so true. The logic at the end is a tad flawed.
But eh, Pokemons not the most logical thing anyway!

I hope you continue playing and am glad and honored that you enjoyed and made a video about it.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:50 PM
KingEddy
Unhatched Egg

Hey I think I found a bug, not sure if it has been brought up yet, Crunch does not show a description of the move in the pokemon summary page. I noticed this when my ratticate got learned flame wheel and I was cycling through the moves
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

I'll give this a try once this hack is finished since it sounds very interesting.

Old April 29th, 2013, 05:29 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingEddy View Post
Hey I think I found a bug, not sure if it has been brought up yet, Crunch does not show a description of the move in the pokemon summary page. I noticed this when my ratticate got learned flame wheel and I was cycling through the moves
Yeah some of the move descriptions are a little wonky. When I changed the move descriptions of the TMs they seemed to cross over into the surrounding moves which was a tad annoying. Hopefully this will be all done and dusted by the next beta. I've got bigger priorities at the moment though

Quote:
I'll give this a try once this hack is finished since it sounds very interesting.
Thanks. That's good to hear. I'd personally recommend starting at the next beta, which will be the halfway mark and will be pretty polished in and of itself. Most pokemon will be in the level range of 40-50 which is pretty much where most vanilla games finish.
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:05 AM
Flamebot

I need the ups file for this game. Or ips
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:08 AM
Crimnor
» imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
Whatever is aviable to download. Latest release contains a .ips file so it's pretty obvious.
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Soul Saint
I'm unsure if this was mentioned in another post, but Teleport isn't working properly. I used it and it sent me to the linked single-battle room(Map Bank 0, Map 0). I love what I've played of your hack thus far. Thanks for putting this together, I'm looking forward to future updates and the final version. Best of luck to ya! ^.^

Last edited by Soul Saint; May 1st, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Troock
Whatever Forever
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
This looks really promising. Keep up the good work. Also, do you need some userbars? If so, maybe I can make one for you. I am not that good but I'll try.

Friend Safari
2793-0588-6635

Oddish
___

Ivysaur
___

Maractus
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:28 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troock View Post
This looks really promising. Keep up the good work. Also, do you need some userbars? If so, maybe I can make one for you. I am not that good but I'll try.
Thanks!

That would be great! I mean only if you feel like it or want to, I'm sure it'll be great.

Quote:
I'm unsure if this was mentioned in another post, but Teleport isn't working properly. I used it and it sent me to the linked single-battle room(Map Bank 0, Map 0). I love what I've played of your hack thus far. Thanks for putting this together, I'm looking forward to future updates and the final version. Best of luck to ya! ^.^
Yeah this was a bug I'd found myself recently. It has something to do with JPAN's engine I believe, I think the original teleport script is somewhat wiped or works differently or something. I'll look into it more. Hopefully it should be simple and fixed for the next BETA.

Quote:
It's an .ips file, all my releases will be .ips just for future reference. I find that LIPS is a very handy and accurate patcher.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:53 AM
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...

Nature: Jolly
Please change the tiles. The tiles are very common and used in a lot of hacks.

Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Flamebot

It says its a .rar I can't patch with those :/
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
Please change the tiles. The tiles are very common and used in a lot of hacks.
In all fairness it is the owners choice of what tiles he wants to use, I have no complaints with the tiles he is using.

Quote:
It says its a .rar I can't patch with those :/
Download the .rar, the patch should be contained within the file.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Flamebot

I cat find he patch. Im on my phone. Cx I can only use ips and ups
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:53 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Quote:
I cat find he patch. Im on my phone. Cx I can only use ips and ups
If it´s Android: Use an app like ES File Explorer or any Unzip app which you can find in Google Play.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links