The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Troock
Whatever Forever
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hey, I just finished a support banner. If you want me to make another banner or a userbar, please tell me. If you do, also tell me how you want it to look. Anyway, here's the banner:

Friend Safari
2793-0588-6635

Oddish
___

Ivysaur
___

Maractus

Last edited by Troock; May 3rd, 2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:30 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
Please change the tiles. The tiles are very common and used in a lot of hacks.
I made the tiles myself. So I don't see how they can be used in a lot of hacks. The indoor tiles are still the default Fire Red ones because I haven't changed them, but apart from 1 house. I made all these myself using screenshots from HGSS.

Quote:
I cat find he patch. Im on my phone. Cx I can only use ips and ups
The .rar file is just a zipped up file. You have to open up the .rar file using winrar to get to the patch. You can then patch it on your PC and then transfer it to your phone.

Quote:
Hey, I just finished a support banner. If you want me to make another banner or a userbar, please tell me. If you do, also tell me how you want it to look. Anyway, here's the banner:
That looks cool thanks! Isn't it a bit big to be a support banner though? I'm very grateful either way. Once I have some more time I'll add it up to the front page.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:50 AM
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
I made the tiles myself. So I don't see how they can be used in a lot of hacks. The indoor tiles are still the default Fire Red ones because I haven't changed them, but apart from 1 house. I made all these myself using screenshots from HGSS
What I mean is that the tiles give the look of a hack that is very similar to others. I don't know, I'm not much of a fan of the Fire Red/Leaf Green feel in terms of graphics. You will change the indoor tiles, right?

Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:45 AM
Troock
Whatever Forever
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
That looks cool thanks! Isn't it a bit big to be a support banner though? I'm very grateful either way. Once I have some more time I'll add it up to the front page.
Yeah, it's not really a userbar. When I started making it I was trying to make it a userbar, but when I put the logo and the grunts in it just ended up way too big, so I turned it into a banner. Anyway, I made another support banner, here it is:

However, i personally don't really like the Meowth, please tell me wether you like it or not. If not, then can you send me the image of the meowth on your titlescreen? And if there are other things you want me to change, please tell me.

Friend Safari
2793-0588-6635

Oddish
___

Ivysaur
___

Maractus

Last edited by Troock; May 3rd, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:49 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
What I mean is that the tiles give the look of a hack that is very similar to others. I don't know, I'm not much of a fan of the Fire Red/Leaf Green feel in terms of graphics. You will change the indoor tiles, right?
All the outdoor graphics are HG/SS not FR LG. I will do the indoors later, it's just not my biggest priority. When I look at any other hacks, I cannot say any of the tiles I have remind me of them. Most of them are custom, or DPPT style.

Quote:
Yeah, it's not really a userbar. When I started making it I was trying to make it a userbar, but when I put the logo and the grunts in it just ended up way too big, so I turned it into a banner. Anyway, I made another support banner, here it is:
That's awesome! I think the Meowth is totally fine. It looks awesome, thanks so much!
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
All the outdoor graphics are HG/SS not FR LG. I will do the indoors later, it's just not my biggest priority. When I look at any other hacks, I cannot say any of the tiles I have remind me of them. Most of them are custom, or DPPT style.
I took another look at the screenies. And whoops! I misktook your hack for someone else's, my apologies.
Would this hack involve RTC? The 4th Gen Split? Running Shoes? XD

I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:52 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
I took another look at the screenies. And whoops! I misktook your hack for someone else's, my apologies.
Would this hack involve RTC? The 4th Gen Split? Running Shoes? XD
Yup, there is a RTC and Day and Night. The next release will actually feature day and night switching of wild pokemon. At the moment it's just cosmetic. Yup, there's the physical, special split and quite a few new moves. Running shoes are a default feature of Gen 3 so yes they are.
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Flamebot

Hope you will keep updating still
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:43 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
Hope you will keep updating still
I'm currently doing my final exams so progress is temporarily delayed. I haven't been able to work on it really for the past few weeks because of this. I hope to start everything up again in a week or two once they are completed. I have about 30% of the new content completed, but have input several useful features that are unrelated to the story but will make the gameplay better. Hopefully the next beta will be out in June.
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:30 AM
blurqe
Unhatched Egg

A couple of questions:
The original post says that it was updated to beta 0.3 two days ago, but the beta that I downloaded a few weeks ago was titled 0.3. Was one of these mislabeled?
In the readme for the new beta it says that you can get up to the third badge, but I can't figure out how to start the third mission. Would you mind telling me how to trigger it?
Many thanks.
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurqe View Post
A couple of questions:
The original post says that it was updated to beta 0.3 two days ago, but the beta that I downloaded a few weeks ago was titled 0.3. Was one of these mislabeled?
In the readme for the new beta it says that you can get up to the third badge, but I can't figure out how to start the third mission. Would you mind telling me how to trigger it?
Many thanks.
It was updated to Beta 0.3 weeks ago. I just added userbars to the OP but wasn't bothered to give a reason. The third mission is in lavender town in Pokemon Tower. You need the Silph Scope, to get the Silph Scope go to the Rocket Base under Lavender Town and talk to the scientist.
Old May 6th, 2013, 07:28 AM
bluejirachi
Unhatched Egg

(edit) Works like a charm!

An amazing hack!

Last edited by bluejirachi; May 6th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Midnite

Great game I really enjoyed it will you be able to steel the original starters of both kento and jhoto later?

Click My egg to help it hach plz and my pokemon.
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Flamebot

You could make it more interesting by allowing you to sell pokemonI think they have tried to in the show before to. Also evil teams like team rocket are usally after legendary pokemon. So one of the missions should be to capture a legendary pokemon.
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:39 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite View Post
Great game I really enjoyed it will you be able to steel the original starters of both kento and jhoto later?
Kanto starters will probably be available next beta, you'll only be able to pick one though.

Quote:
You could make it more interesting by allowing you to sell pokemonI think they have tried to in the show before to. Also evil teams like team rocket are usally after legendary pokemon. So one of the missions should be to capture a legendary pokemon.
You can already buy Pokemon, I think i'll add an option somewhere. The only problem with that is, it'll be really easy to make money, if say you buy a 200 dollar pokeball catch a rattata sell it for more than 200. If it was a mass scale thing you could hit 999999 really easily. Legendaries will be featured post game, so that'll be quite awhile a way.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Kanto starters will probably be available next beta, you'll only be able to pick one though.

You can already buy Pokemon, I think i'll add an option somewhere. The only problem with that is, it'll be really easy to make money, if say you buy a 200 dollar pokeball catch a rattata sell it for more than 200. If it was a mass scale thing you could hit 999999 really easily. Legendaries will be featured post game, so that'll be quite awhile a way.
Then you could limit Pokeballs by making them only obtainable, not for sale.

And, hey, any plans of adding an element of distinction of the hero's sprite? I don't think the normal Team Rocket uniform looks well. Or at least take off the hat.

Old May 8th, 2013, 05:28 AM
bluejirachi
Unhatched Egg

How do I steal pokemon? It be freaking awesome to steal from an officer jenny!
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Flamebot

Quote:

True. But a ratatata doesn't have to be the price of a pokeball. You could make it 100 $ if you sell it.
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM
rentfight
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
I just played through this as far as I can go and I've got to say that it is amazing! I love the idea of playing as a Rocket. I can tell there are some bugs you have to work out, but overall I found it fantastic. I'll keep an eye out for when you have a completed version out
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Hekset
Unhatched Egg

Just saying this, not like it might matter too much. In Lavender town in the rocket secret base under the channeler's tent, if you click whatever the machinery is that are in front of the rocket guys (like the one who asks you if you want to go back up) it'll turn into a PC, then if you click the PC again another hovers over it. Also if you try to go back to the event where you fought mr. fuji as a boss fight, he reappears and it gets all glitchy. You also don't keep that third rocket badge thing you got when you get to the helicopter. Anyways.. I really love this game, great job Bayer.

Old May 10th, 2013, 12:54 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekset View Post
Just saying this, not like it might matter too much. In Lavender town in the rocket secret base under the channeler's tent, if you click whatever the machinery is that are in front of the rocket guys (like the one who asks you if you want to go back up) it'll turn into a PC, then if you click the PC again another hovers over it. Also if you try to go back to the event where you fought mr. fuji as a boss fight, he reappears and it gets all glitchy. You also don't keep that third rocket badge thing you got when you get to the helicopter. Anyways.. I really love this game, great job Bayer.
Thanks for your support, these glitches have been fixed for the new release!

Quote:
How do I steal pokemon? It be freaking awesome to steal from an officer jenny!
Stealing pokemon in trainer battles is unfortunately still not possible, what you can do, is interact with overworld pokemon or certain trainers that will give you the pokemon after they're defeated.

Quote:
True. But a ratatata doesn't have to be the price of a pokeball. You could make it 100 $ if you sell it.
That was only really an example, but I'll think about implementing it in the next beta.

Quote:
And, hey, any plans of adding an element of distinction of the hero's sprite? I don't think the normal Team Rocket uniform looks well. Or at least take off the hat.
I don't plan on changing the hero sprite no. The aim is that the player is just any ordinary grunt, he just happens to be competent for once. I do have plans for the post-game involving a sprite change.
Old May 10th, 2013, 03:03 AM

^ Yes! A sprite change.

Okay, I will be supporting this hack.

Old May 10th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Hekset
Unhatched Egg

A suggestion that comes to mind. If anyone's familiar with Pokemon Light Platinum, you could obtain that Team Steam Uniform and it changes your sprite. If people want that much distinction from the regular sprite, somehow obtaining different uniforms would be cool, but still being able to go back to your regular grunt uniform.

Old May 10th, 2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekset View Post
A suggestion that comes to mind. If anyone's familiar with Pokemon Light Platinum, you could obtain that Team Steam Uniform and it changes your sprite. If people want that much distinction from the regular sprite, somehow obtaining different uniforms would be cool, but still being able to go back to your regular grunt uniform.
Which means more work, and it only changes the OW sprite. A change in the trainer sprite in whole would be way better.

Old May 10th, 2013, 08:06 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Which means more work, and it only changes the OW sprite. A change in the trainer sprite in whole would be way better.
It's actually more closely related to what Hekset said. Basically in the post game, an event will occur in which your OW will change, as will your back sprite and trainer sprite. This is fairly easy to do with JPANs engine. This will be fairly far in the future though hahah.

Sponsored Links