The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
So about halfway through the game on Hard difficulty and honestly the first couple chapters were probably the most annoying. Past that, nothing too insanely difficult.
Yeah, Hard is actually pretty easy (and only gets easier as you go), but the beginning can be terrible if you're trying to keep everyone alive; it's pretty merciless in that way.

New Mystery of the Fire Emblem (the Monsho no Nazo DS remake) was like that as well, though it was much harder to keep people alive at the beginning of that game.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Morgan; she's a beast on the battlefield.
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:52 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I think my favorite character is probably Cherche. Not just in terms of design and looks, but she's been an awesome unit and her supports have easily been some of my favorites too.

Another thing is the OST for this game is really awesome. A ton of really amazing tracks; my favorite soundtrack in the FE series no doubt.
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:06 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Hm...my favorite character would probably be...I dunno...

The characters in this iteration is among one of the most diverse and yet still well developed casts I've seen in media, so it's really hard to choose. I honestly was not expecting the characters to be fleshed out because of how many of them there are before getting into the game, but I was proven dead wrong. Pretty much every character is interesting and none of them are cliche, not even Chrom (who I was actually expecting to be the stereotypical "heroic 'can't let anyone fall in battle' nonlogical' character, and he completely averted that trope).
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:35 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I snagged my first Spotpass Avatar at a restaurant. He was insanly powerfull and difficult to beat. Easilly the most difficult challenge in the game so far. The one good thing about meeting overpowered teams on Spotpass is that you can buy ANY ITEM the team is holding.

I was able to buy some brave swords and legendary weapons from this over powered team.

I unlocked Severa and Kejal (Sumia's stranged named daughter, spelling wrong).

Sumia, Lissa, and My Unit need a class change because of their high level, but have no idea what to do with them.
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

Wow, how did I miss this topic. Well anyways I have to agree with the points that were already agreed upon that this is a great game. The DLC maps add quite a bit of time to the game. Anna speaking in the French accent is awesome.

@SnowpointQuincy Reclass Lissa to pegasus rider and make Sumia dark flier because Galeforce is the best skill in the game, also it being a female only skill you are going to want it inherited down the the male children characters. For your Avatar make him into a hero (if he is a guy) so that he can get counter another immensely awesome skill. Also since counter is male only you should have the female children inherit it. Also Kejjel is Sully's daughter not Sumia.

So anyways I started this game on hard-classic because I'm a good Fire Emblem player and thought I could handle it and it wasn't that hard. Only had troule on the children chapters because only three of them had their parents on my team so all the others had sucktastic stats when they started out because I only went up to S support rank for the ones I weren't using. Though I did grind so I'm gonna come back and hard-classic without grinding.

So I just started my Lunatic-casual mode playthrough, I would have done it classic but because of the difficulty to keep everyone alive and the fact I meant for this file to be my female Avatar file. I wanted to keep everyone alive so I could get their supports. Also it is great to be on casual because everyone that I don't plan on using is a free meat shield! I'm such a horrible person. But I am grinding on this file too so I'm probably going to come back and play Lunatic-classic with no grinding after my Hard-classic with no grinding playthrough. Then I'll take on Lunatic+, that will probably rip me to shreds. Also practically everyone on my team is a meat shield because my only damage dealers are Chrom and Avatar sparingly, and Frederick. I'm probably going to have Avatar (F) marry Chrom so that Morgan (M) gets Rightful King automatically.

Also Henry is my favorite character, he is all around pure awesome.

Old February 24th, 2013, 11:00 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

I turned Avatar into a Hero to pick up Sol. I used a Levin Sword to make the transition easier. Only need 1.5 Levin Swords to get to level 10 Hero and Reclass to Dark Knight.

@Shadowdueler: Counter is a Lv15 Warrior Ability. As it only works on ajacent enimies it would not be as useful to a caster. (I Think) And I already made the kids with tomeflair instead for two reasons. 1. Lissa is useless as a Dark Flyier 2. Saving Galeforce Spam for a second Playthrough.

Sumia was a Dark Flyier becase she is actually useable like that. She has galeforce now.
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post

The characters in this iteration is among one of the most diverse and yet still well developed casts I've seen in media, so it's really hard to choose. I honestly was not expecting the characters to be fleshed out because of how many of them there are before getting into the game, but I was proven dead wrong. Pretty much every character is interesting and none of them are cliche, not even Chrom (who I was actually expecting to be the stereotypical "heroic 'can't let anyone fall in battle' nonlogical' character, and he completely averted that trope).
Yeah, that was my problem with Radiant Dawn. Gameplay was fun and all, but with such a huge cast they settled for this generic support system. So a lot of the new character's background, personalities, and so on were pretty much left in the dark. I feel like this game got it right for the most part though I'm realizing the conversations between siblings and the variable father are all the same, it's not that big of a deal for me.
Old February 25th, 2013, 02:18 PM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
I turned Avatar into a Hero to pick up Sol. I used a Levin Sword to make the transition easier. Only need 1.5 Levin Swords to get to level 10 Hero and Reclass to Dark Knight.

@Shadowdueler: Counter is a Lv15 Warrior Ability. As it only works on ajacent enimies it would not be as useful to a caster. (I Think) And I already made the kids with tomeflair instead for two reasons. 1. Lissa is useless as a Dark Flyier 2. Saving Galeforce Spam for a second Playthrough.

Sumia was a Dark Flyier becase she is actually useable like that. She has galeforce now.
Wow, didn't realized I typed Hero, I was sure I typed Warrior. Actually having counter on a caster would generally be more helpful because they normally have less defense thus take more physical damage. So is a physical unit decides to rush you he would pretty much kill himself (if he hits). Also Lissa isn't bad as a Dark Flyer because they can use magic and Lissa stated out as a Cleric so she should be somewhat strong in magic when you reclass her.

Also the greatest skill combo in the game is Galeforce+Lifetaker. It is just so amazing. Being able to attack twice plus gain 50% of HP with every kill you get if you initiate the battle potentially can lead to a 100% HP net gain basically letting you run through maps with ease.

Old February 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

I know this isn't the most game breaking Build for Nah, but this I the build I'm going to do. I'm skipping Sol to avoid grinding more than 1 promoted class AND because Sol is Skill based activation and Manakete Skill Cap is 32.

I feel this build for Gregor!Nah focuses most on getting good abilities as fast as possible without wasting TOO much time. Sword Breaker is important because the only weapon that does effective damage to dragons is a sword. (wyrmblade, Falcion)

Gregor!Nah --> Sword Breaker (mother) AxeBreaker (Gregor)
Lv15 Manakete -> Odd Rythem / Wyrm Damage
Lv10 Mercenary ->Armsthrift / Patience
Lv10 Hero -> Sol =OR= Lv10 Troubador -> Resistance+2 / Demosile
Lv15 War Cleric -> Rally Luck / Renewal

1. Sword Breaker 2. Axe Breaker 3. Armsthrift 4. Renewal 5. Patience

That is 50 levels total, but only 15 promoted level if you skip Sol.

Kellam and Donnel are the other Choice Parent for here, but I'll save though game breaking combos for a second play-through.
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:17 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

I actually have a list written down with what I'm planning for the children now that I'm on my second playthrough:

Severa - Hero (Cordelia-->Galeforce and Stahl-->Luna)
Yarne - Assassin (Lon'qu--> Astra and assassinclass-->Lethality)
Kjelle - (Sully-->Luna and ~something from Kellam)
Noire - (Tharja-->Lifetaker and Libra-->Renewal)
Lucina - (Chrom-->Aether and Lucina-->Renewal)

I probably won't use Morgan because I don't like how the male one looks. I picked a female MU this time around and married her with Gaius.
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

I ALMOST have all 13 children pick out for a second run through. (I haven't even finished my first game.) There are just a few pick that I haven't made yet.

The biggest question is Nah. I want to use her heavily on my next team. Donnel can't be the father (he is a popular choice) because he is giving 49 Luck Cap to Kjelle. So the only choices left are Gregor and Kellam.

Kellam offers stellar defense, better tank. Gregor offers Armsthrift witch makes it easier to actually use Nah as much as I want.

I suppose defense can always be made up with pairing. Armsthrift allows the expensive Dragonstone+ to be used 100% without having to buy new ones too often. Her Armsthrift would only be 92% maxed, so its not perfect.

I'm also trying to expiriment with Counter Archers, Bow users that have counter to deal damage when they are attacked at melee range. Not sure if it is as practical as I imagine.
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Counter archers eh? That's a cool idea; let me know how it works out.

I'm going for Astra archer with Yarne.
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

I didn't have anybody that knew counter except Titania from the Bonus Box. Anybody from the Bonus box can be reclassed into anything, like the avatar. So, I turned her into an Archer.

If was interesting to have damage being dealt when otherwise you would be defenseless. However, Counter doesn't just isn't a good ability for player characters.

1. You have to take damage for it to work. If you have counter on a tank that takes very little damage from attacks, Counter does nothing. Same goes for Pairs that Support-Block each other. I would rather take no damage than deal damage with Counter.

2. Every time you take damage, you risk dieing. My Viron has more defense than his wife, Sully (paladin). He can take a hit. But that doesn't mean he can Zerg-Rush 3 enemies at once. It is just smarter to avoid taking damage in the first place.

3. Enemies killed by Counter Skill DO NOT EARN XP. Apperently, if a foe is killed by Counter damage, you gain no XP for his death. That is a deal breaker right there.
----------

Sully Virron makes a powerful team. Sully have more range to put the Archer in position. And The two of them share High Speed and Skill. So, they often attack twice and get Critical Hits. And Attacking twice also means more chances to get a Critical hit.

Critical hits are basically OHKO.

Another strategy is to pair up and Archer/ranged unit with a Tank. The extra defense will protect the Archer. Dual Guard+ Skill will make the tank negate damage more often.

The AI will never attack kellam because his defenses are too high. They will instead attack the Avatar, who is 15 levels higher, because the Avatar has lower defenses. If the Archer had High enough defenses from his partner, and their are other units to attack, the AI will probably attack whoever will take more damage.

Unless attacking a man who can't fight back Literally takes priority.
Old February 27th, 2013, 06:54 PM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

Well seeing as how you can get infinite exp there really isn't much worry. Also if you are on a non-grinding run then by that point in time your characters would already be set for the rest of the game. Also I find counter to just be a plus side to getting hit. Not something you should base a tactic off of.

Old February 27th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
This game is really addictive. Between my two save files I have over seventy hours invested in it and I haven't even started chapter 14 on my second(Playing on Hard-Classic) because I still have to do Kjelle's paralogue along with Nah's paralogue I believe. Before I even tackle them though I want to promote Noire to a Sorcerer first because Noseratu is awesome though I might promote her early because her stats are capping already as a Dark Mage.

Before I forget I figured that I would list the classes the future children are currently in and what skills they inherited:

Brady - Paladin(Maribelle-Demoiselle, Kellam- Indoor Fighter. I figured he would make a good tank because of Kellam.)

Gerome - Wyvern Lord(Virion- Bowfaire, Cherche- Swordbreaker. I'm surprised his strength hasn't capped yet.)

Severa - Assassin(Cordelia- Galeforce, Gaius-Locktouch. I'm in love with Lethality)

Lucina - Assassin(Chrom- Aether, FeMU- Ignis. Assassins are lovely.)

Yarne - Assassin(Donnel- Aptitude, Panne-Locktouch. I would reclass him back to a Taguel but his capped stats please me.)

Owain - Dark Knight(Lissa- Tomefaire, Ricken- Rally Magic.)

Morgan - Grandmaster(FeMU- Rally Spectrum, Chrom- Rightful King)

Cynthia - Falcon Knight(Sumia- Galeforce, Henry- Tomebreaker)

Noire - Sorcerer(Tharja- Tomebreaker, Libra- Renewal. Her stats as a Dark Mage were starting to cap in magic speed and skill so I decided to promote her early.)

Laurent - Sorcerer(Miriel- Magic+2, Frederick- Luna. I didn't use these two often seeing as I didn't want to rely on Frederick.)

Once they are evenly leveled I'll see if I can take on the rest of the game with just the kids.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305

Last edited by Aura Vitae; February 27th, 2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake and I forgot a character.
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:52 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Right, well so far I've acquired:
Kids and Abilities

Kjelle w/ Luna and Locktouch.
Yarne w/ Astra. (He finally got Vantage and Lethality from his classes)
Morgan w/ Ignis and Locktouch (might use him)
Noire w/ Lifetaker and Renewal.
Lucina w/ Aether and Renewal.

About to get Severa.
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
Right, well so far I've acquired:
Kids and Abilities

Kjelle w/ Luna and Locktouch.
Yarne w/ Astra. (He finally got Vantage and Lethality from his classes)
Morgan w/ Ignis and Locktouch (might use him)
Noire w/ Lifetaker and Renewal.
Lucina w/ Aether and Renewal.

About to get Severa.
Rescue Staves are your friend for Severa's paralogue.

Old February 28th, 2013, 04:39 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Got to the final chapter on Hard Casual. NO SPOILERS. You are going to die a lot.

I'm going to ability grind for some skills I want to play with, maybe those will help.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Got to the final chapter on Hard Casual. NO SPOILERS. You are going to die a lot.

I'm going to ability grind for some skills I want to play with, maybe those will help.
If I'm not mistaken the reinforcements are unlimited in the final chapter aren't they? My first file was on Normal/Casual so I'm not sure.

Old February 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

You are right. I don't want to say too much about it for those who aren't there yet.

I'm going to do a lot of grinding and child-rearing to finish this game.

I'm already planning my second play through. I'm Going to do Hard-Classic No Deaths (hopefully).

I tried Lunatic, but the jump in difficulty is staggering. I've beaten the first level on Lunatic in the Demo, but still...
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
You are right. I don't want to say too much about it for those who aren't there yet.

I'm going to do a lot of grinding and child-rearing to finish this game.

I'm already planning my second play through. I'm Going to do Hard-Classic No Deaths (hopefully).

I tried Lunatic, but the jump in difficulty is staggering. I've beaten the first level on Lunatic in the Demo, but still...
I bounced back and forth on deciding whether or not to go with Lunatic mode for my second play through but I couldn't get past the prologue on Lunatic mode unfortunately.

Old February 28th, 2013, 07:19 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Lunatic is impossible on Classic mode. I only manage to get past the first chapter (before restarting on Hard), and that took me numerous tries too. You pretty much have to rely on Frederick, but even so, there's always a Risen carrying around a damn Hammer.
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
Lunatic is impossible on Classic mode. I only manage to get past the first chapter (before restarting on Hard), and that took me numerous tries too. You pretty much have to rely on Frederick, but even so, there's always a Risen carrying around a damn Hammer.
Is it really impossible I thought Lunatic+ could be unlocked after beating Lunatic though?

Old February 28th, 2013, 10:04 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by roen52 View Post
Is it really impossible I thought Lunatic+ could be unlocked after beating Lunatic though?
It's mostly impossible on Classic, where death is permanent — you can die a thousand times over on the Prologue on Lunatic (it was somewhere in that range for me at least |D ). However, every difficulty has the option of Casual, and Lunatic is (in my opinion) the only difficulty where Casual is appropriate, if not even necessary.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; February 28th, 2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:56 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

I'm glad they have difficulty setting that can kick my ass. If you really want a challenge, these you go. For most people, Hard is the right challenge level. And Normal mode, make it easier for younger people to enter the series. Getting new players will make it possible for more great games to be made.

I need to grind a little to beat the final boss, but many of my charaters are Lv.16-20 Promoted. I want to reclass them, but so many are ready for new classes I don't think I can spend that much on Seals and still have money for weapons.

If I sell everything I could drum up 40k, but I have a lot of good stuff.

I was grinding Nawi to make a better Nah. I needed an Axe. I had SIX SILVER AXES just sitting there. She broke 2 whole Silver Axes, 1 Steel Axe, and 1 Bronze Axe to level up 25 times as Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord. Faster than I thought. Still have FOUR SILVER AXES LEFT!

Nawi had INCREDIBLE LUCK not getting hit during her training. Then I realized her Skills: Odd Rythem (avoid +10) Fast Burn (avoid +15) Tantivy (avoid + 10) She was rarely hit.

Now Naw needs similar training.

Sponsored Links