Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page Fire Emblem: Awakening

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Closed Thread

Old March 16th, 2013 (11:24 AM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Team Kalos

I love this game! still on my first playthrough, if I wasn't sidetracked so easily I'd have beaten the game by now. Stupid reeking boxes...I can't stop using them to build up support! I also keep doing DLC...just beat Lost Bloodlines 1.

I looked into Lost Bloodlines 2 and I have a question:
-Do I get a dread scroll every time I beat it? Or do I only get 1 from the first time I beat it, leaving only one of my units able to become a Dread Fighter.
Old March 16th, 2013 (11:51 AM).
Radiant Cool Boy
Team Johto
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
I haven't tried getting more than one myself, but I'm sure it's unlimited as long you keep finishing the map.
Old March 16th, 2013 (02:32 PM).
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
It was a pain getting my hands on this game(Nintendo apparently underestimated the hype and didn't send enough), but it was well worth it! I'm still in my first playthrough, having held off from DLC until I do that.

So I'm loving the story so far, and Lucina is now officially my favourite Fire Emblem character. Her reaction to Chrom figuring out her gender is exactly how I imagine myself reacting to the same thing. And the support conversations almost always make me laugh now, especially those between Lon'qu and Cordelia, who are now married in my game. =3
Old March 16th, 2013 (02:41 PM).
We'll practice like it's 1999!
Team Kanto

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Alakazam17:
It was a pain getting my hands on this game(Nintendo apparently underestimated the hype and didn't send enough), but it was well worth it! I'm still in my first playthrough, having held off from DLC until I do that.
It was a shipping error, though some people surmise that it was a ploy by Nintendo to boost eShop sales. The theory is improbable, but not completely unlikely.
Old March 16th, 2013 (05:51 PM).
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
It was a shipping error, though some people surmise that it was a ploy by Nintendo to boost eShop sales. The theory is improbable, but not completely unlikely.
lol, I was one of the people that got it from the eShop. While I love the game, I kind of wish that I would be able to hold the case in my hands, analyze the back of it(like I do with all my other game cases) and skimming the manual that came with it. I don't even know what the cartridge looked like....strange that the only flaws in the game isn't with the game, it's just how I obtained it(there was no other choice, cuz I didn't feel like spending 59.99 for a 39.99 game.
Old March 16th, 2013 (07:12 PM).
Muffins for all!
Team Hoenn

Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:
I looked into Lost Bloodlines 2 and I have a question:
-Do I get a dread scroll every time I beat it? Or do I only get 1 from the first time I beat it, leaving only one of my units able to become a Dread Fighter.
Yup, get one every single time you beat the map. Once you are strong enough you should do Lost Bloodlines 3. Gives the paragon skill. The skill is amazing.

Old March 16th, 2013 (08:09 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Team Hoenn

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Paragon: Experience gain x2

Probably the only reason I was able to use Astrid when I played Path of Radiance. >_>

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 16th, 2013 (09:23 PM).
Radiant Cool Boy
Team Johto
Crystal Tier

lol, never used her in FE9 or FE10. Though I'm currently replaying PoR atm and finally decided to use some ignored characters (namely her, Sothe, and Largo)

Anyways, those Bloodline maps are pretty annoying on lunatic. Paragon is nice, but I really wanted Seliph (Favorite FE Lord) who comes with the awesome skill Galeforce. Elincia's not too bad either though I was hoping we'd be getting Eirika and the Bride class this week.
Old March 17th, 2013 (12:54 PM).
Master of The Universe
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
This is my first Fire Emblem game, so I'm relatively new to the series (which is why I'm playing Normal Classic), but I gotta say I'm enjoying the game thus far. Haven't played a game like this since FFTactics Advance.

Currently on chapter 9 I believe. I'm not going to play it much today due to starting Fallout: New Vegas again, but this'll be the handheld game I'll be playing for a while.

As far as marriage is concerned, my avatar is married to Lissa. Really, she just has a lot of charm. And I just couldn't resist Sumia marrying Chrom.

Nowi creeps me out for some reason, mostly due to being a loli. I get creeped out by lolicon.

06/11/2015 (UPDATE): [U]We have TWO slots open for new players. If interested, send me a message at [email protected] or a PM on this site.
Old March 17th, 2013 (12:58 PM).
Just bein me
Team Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Rash
Just on my view of the game so far.
I've only gotten my hands on the demo but it showed a lot of promise!
It has improved a lot since the last Fire Emblem game.
Good Voice acting. Bumped up Graphics. New systems of battle. and adept story line. Marth is still in it.

I hope i can get my hands on the game itself.
Old March 17th, 2013 (03:57 PM).
Muffins for all!
Team Hoenn

Quote originally posted by Romeo010:
Marth is still in it.
Spoiler:
Marth is only in it in name

Though you are pretty much right with everything else but the story. People are generally disappointed with the story but I think it is enjoyable.

Old March 17th, 2013 (04:51 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Team Unova

Nature: Lonely
I enjoyed the Story a lot. I loved how the Avatar was an actual character in the story and not just some random passerby. Your custom character is actually important to the plot. He didn't just fall out of the sky.
Old March 17th, 2013 (10:00 PM).
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
I enjoyed the Story a lot. I loved how the Avatar was an actual character in the story and not just some random passerby. Your custom character is actually important to the plot. He didn't just fall out of the sky.
Heh...I literally just beat the game minutes ago.
Spoiler:
Before you beat the game, did anyone else feel the heroic-vibe as Basilio came out of nowhere in Ch.23 and revealed that the whole thing was an elaborate plan! I greatly enjoyed that part, especially because the whole game was leading up to that one event.

Also, Grima's final map was pretty crazy. Way too many enemy units, I just charged ahead with Chrom and destroyed the final boss in 4 turns.
Old March 18th, 2013 (09:47 AM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Team Unova

Also, Grima's final map was pretty crazy. Way too many enemy units, I just charged ahead with Chrom and destroyed the final boss in 4 turns.
You actually survived more than 2 turns?
Spoiler:
I figured if you don't kill him in two turns Chrom of Avatar get slaughtered by 32 enemy units!

I got to Chapter 11 Hard-Classic, the point where my other file got deleted.

Sully and Donnel are married. Donnel is a beast with a Forged Bronze Sword, Slick Piggie.

Chrom/Sumia becase awesome!

Virion + Panne = work very well together.

Kellam + Nah = Gregor is a good choice too, but I wan't to have different pairs on this File. Gregor makes Nah an evasion Tank that avoids all attacks and Kellam makes Nah a traditional tank that never takes any damage ever. (Top Gear Top Tip - use Deliverer and Movement +1. So Nah can always be on the front lines (not)taking damage for the team. The AI will not attack her unless she is the only option. They wont attack BECAUSE they know her defense is too high!

Haven't Decided who the avatar will Marry. It will be Lucina, but I want to try out ALL the ladies first!
Old March 18th, 2013 (11:22 AM).
Radiant Cool Boy
Team Johto
Crystal Tier

I'm on Chapter 19 on Lunatic/Classic difficulty. Funny thing is the overworld battles are actually harder than the storyline ones. Enemies on the world map all have max stats, which almost makes it impossible to win unless all you characters are maxed out as well.

As for pairings, I paired up the avatar with Anna, Donnel with Olivia (was able to pass on Galeforce to Inigo :D), Maribelle/Gaius, Morgan/Gerome, Cynthia/Inigo, and Chrom/Sumia of course. Using two DLC character as well (Micaiah and Seliph) That's pretty much it for the units I've been using on this playthrough. Sadly, no room for Tiki or Noire this time around.
Old March 18th, 2013 (07:44 PM).
Muffins for all!
Team Hoenn

^Honestly galeforce isn't as useful on Lunatic as it is on hard or normal. Courter, Paxis, and Aegis are what I would try to pass down.

Also for those who use Donny make sure to max his luck and get armsthrift on him. Have someone pair up with him and boom infinite weapon uses.

Old March 19th, 2013 (04:41 PM).
Team Kalos

Pairings? Well, I didn't know about child units on my first runthrough, so I paired everyone up randomly. And then I learned about child units and set about recruiting them all..
Pairings:
Gregor/Tharja
Vaike/Lissa
Chrom/Sumia
Panne/Virion
Cherche/Gaius
Donnel/Cordelia

I am also currently very mad because I found the Severa mission, was able to talk to her with Chrom and defeat the boss with Gerome the next turn. Then, I saved because the stage was clear...and Severa wasn't in my group. I guess this means I wasted Donnel as a husband...and my plans for Avatar to marry Severa...i'm so sad right now. Why didn't she join me?!
Old March 19th, 2013 (04:53 PM).
an enigma worth puzzling over
Team Hoenn
ModeratorCSGTEO

I am also currently very mad because I found the Severa mission, was able to talk to her with Chrom and defeat the boss with Gerome the next turn. Then, I saved because the stage was clear...and Severa wasn't in my group. I guess this means I wasted Donnel as a husband...and my plans for Avatar to marry Severa...i'm so sad right now. Why didn't she join me?!
She only joins your group if she speaks with Holland.
Old March 19th, 2013 (05:10 PM).
Radiant Cool Boy
Team Johto
Crystal Tier

Yeah, she'll automatically head over to Holland (another NPC) and speak with him. You don't even need to speak with her with anyone. Just make sure she doesn't die (which is a pain in the ass on Lunatic)
Old March 20th, 2013 (08:16 AM).
Legen- wait for it...
Team Sinnoh
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I made that mistake as well and had to restart from the beginning to get all of the characters. Not so great.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old March 20th, 2013 (12:07 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Team Unova

Yeah. I found this chapter hard on hard more. the high number of archers shooting through the walls to hit you is bizarre. But, then you learn why the pink lines are so important.

Also, just cast rescue on NPC that need to stay alive. Normally she is like five steeps ahead you you, but with rescue you can keep her 5 steeps behind.
Old March 20th, 2013 (01:49 PM).
an enigma worth puzzling over
Team Hoenn
ModeratorCSGTEO

In that situation, Rescue is only viable if you don't make the mistake of not following her the first turn, because then she'll be long ahead of you come turn two and beyond. Honestly it's not that difficult to keep her alive, but since she doesn't attack on her own accord it's somewhat more of a challenge than it should be.
Old March 21st, 2013 (12:57 PM).
Radiant Cool Boy
Team Johto
Crystal Tier

Man, I wasn't even aware there was a Lunatic+ difficulty. Just got done on Lunatic/Classic and I think I'll be skipping that final difficulty challenge. :/ Last boss was pretty tough; thankfully I was able to defeat him in two turns thanks to Galeforce and Olivia dancing.

Also:
Spoiler:
I don't see what was the point in bringing Emmeryn back. Her memory never returns and she moves to Regna Ferox to live out her life as a commoner? Doesn't really seem too believable.

Oh, and Eirika and the Bride Class are available today.
Old March 21st, 2013 (04:52 PM).
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by Yuoaman:
I made that mistake as well and had to restart from the beginning to get all of the characters. Not so great.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.
About to start my second save file, not sure what difficulty it should be. Seriously considering either Normal/Classic or Hard/Casual. Lunatic/Casual may be an option, but from what I've heard, Lunatic is incredibly difficult.
Old March 21st, 2013 (07:29 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Team Unova

Hard-Classic is enough for me. The jump to Lunatic is just to much to be fun. There are some luck based elements that can kill you. Myrmidons in the Prologue can double attack you, which is instant death. So, You have no choice but to choose Speed Asset to avoid getting double attacked by all enemies all the time.

Lunatic is exactly what it says on the tin, stay out unless you want to punish yourself. (Lunatic+ is a joke. Vantage+, Hawkeye, and other such abilities are crazy)

Sponsored Links