The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:39 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
Hard-Classic is enough for me. The jump to Lunatic is just to much to be fun. There are some luck based elements that can kill you. Myrmidons in the Prologue can double attack you, which is instant death. So, You have no choice but to choose Speed Asset to avoid getting double attacked by all enemies all the time.

Lunatic is exactly what it says on the tin, stay out unless you want to punish yourself. (Lunatic+ is a joke. Vantage+, Hawkeye, and other such abilities are crazy)
Haha, yeah I love FE, but Lunatic would be too much of a challenge.
Yeah, probably going to go Hard>Casual.
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Nature: Mild
Lunatic/Classic is only really tough for the first five chapters. It's almost impossible to get past those without losing anyone. Lost about 4 characters during those chapters, and I figured that's the best I was gonna do so I continued on. After that though, you can abuse the DLC maps to train up everyone and not have everyone die on the first turn.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
CarcharOdin

Nature: Naughty
Playing on Hard/Classic

Haven't lost any units yet, but that's only because I keep restarting whenever I lose one. After child-rearing kicks in, I'll just let anyone I don't give a hoot about die...like Virion. I hate that bastard.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Virion is one of my favorites! I like archers. In my first game he was married to Sully. I LOVE Sully. She is my favorite and Virion was adjacent. I like the way he transitions the game into it's Second Act.

I'm at Chapter 12 of Hard-Classic, second run. I'm Planning to marry Avatar to Lucina. Kellam/Nowi is a lot of fun as a tank. Vike still has 1 Resistance. Every time he gets +1RES I lose someone and must reset. Eventually I'll make him a Dread Fighter, or replace him with Gerome.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
darkpokeball

In my first runthrough, Vaike/Owain and Gerome/Cherche made two unstoppable combinations. Before I start my second file...I must know something!

-If I use different combos in marriage this time around, and change the appearance of the child units, which model shows up in my Unit Gallery? For example, my Owain is blonde. If, on my second playthrough, he becomes brown-haired, will my Unit Gallery feature a blonde or brown-haired Owain?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
CarcharOdin

Currently on chapter 12

Here are my pairs so far:

Chrom/Sumia
Vaike/Sully
Frederick/Cordelia

Planned pairings:

Lon'Qu/Maribelle
Virion/Cherche
Nowi/Ricken
Gaius/Panne
Stahl/Mirel
Libra/Olivia
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
In my first runthrough, Vaike/Owain and Gerome/Cherche made two unstoppable combinations. Before I start my second file...I must know something!

-If I use different combos in marriage this time around, and change the appearance of the child units, which model shows up in my Unit Gallery? For example, my Owain is blonde. If, on my second playthrough, he becomes brown-haired, will my Unit Gallery feature a blonde or brown-haired Owain?
That's an interesting question which I'm wondering as well though not pertaining to Owain because I got the brown haired Owain in both my save files. I'll have to check that out later though only Yarne and Kjelle actually differed in hair color between my saves.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:47 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I just did chapter 12 hard classic. I found it very hard. I used defense tonics on everybody - Even Kellam/Nowi! Panne with beast slayer was a lot of fun against all the mounted people.

Panne was reclassed into Wyvern Rider. Her first axe is a forged LADLE! Ladles are so cheep to forge I maxed it out. 7MT, 9 Crit. Actually a good first weapon.

Kellam gained 6-7 level in chapter 12 and maxed out his levels. Promoted to Great Knight. Kellam OWNED half the map.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
darkpokeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by roen52 View Post
That's an interesting question which I'm wondering as well though not pertaining to Owain because I got the brown haired Owain in both my save files. I'll have to check that out later though only Yarne and Kjelle actually differed in hair color between my saves.
Well, be sure to tell me the results!

Also, just started new file on Sacred Stones...after playing Awakening so long, the jump from 3ds to GBA was pretty jarring. The first two chapters were hard to get through due to me expecting more out of the game and trying to get used to the new interface(I miss not being able to pair up like I was able to in Awakening)
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Solace
simon ferocious

Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
I cannot make myself reclass Panne. Right now her Lck and Str are already so amazing, and that paired with a Beaststone+ she just... She never loses a fight and often takes down three or four enemies during the Enemy Phase alone. She's my secret weapon and probably the biggest asset on the team and being reclassed is just awkward for me, aha.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Well, be sure to tell me the results!

Also, just started new file on Sacred Stones...after playing Awakening so long, the jump from 3ds to GBA was pretty jarring. The first two chapters were hard to get through due to me expecting more out of the game and trying to get used to the new interface(I miss not being able to pair up like I was able to in Awakening)
I checked last night and it shows the children from the latest play through it seems so it would show Owain with brown hair in yours.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
CarcharOdin

The magic of my avatar is just so ridiculously overpowered.

With even the weakest spells I'm clocking in over 145 damage average whenever I get a critical with Ignis activated.

My avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Libra, Lucina, Gregor, and Thurja slaughter damn near anything that tries to get to close.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarcharOdin View Post
The magic of my avatar is just so ridiculously overpowered.

With even the weakest spells I'm clocking in over 145 damage average whenever I get a critical with Ignis activated.

My avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Libra, Lucina, Gregor, and Thurja slaughter damn near anything that tries to get to close.
Tharja could pretty much tank anything on my second play through with Nosferatu spam. Henry was almost as good but Tharja seemed to be better at it to me. I actually didn't use Frederick after pairing him with Miriel because I had others I wanted to train and eventually he fell behind.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:08 PM
CarcharOdin

Hard Classic is starting to get irritating for me, especially when it comes to recruiting child units and leveling up my weaker units.

I'm a newcomer to the series, so it's probably my own fault. I'm just more used to games like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, where a) your units don't die permanently (yes, I realize Casual mode allows your units in Awakening to not die, but I really don't want to start a new file after so much work already) and b) there's always the chance of battles popping up with reasonable enemies to level up your weaker units with nearly every time you move on the world map.

Oh, the only child units I have so far are Lucina and Owain.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
Solace
simon ferocious

Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
Carchar, if you're worried about not being able to level up, see if there's anywhere you can buy Reeking Boxes yet (I don't know since I have yet to play on Classic with any difficulty) as they spawn foes on whatever part of the map you're on. They'll be relatively expensive on Hard mode to discourage grinding, but they're worth it.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:23 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

This is my first Fire Emblem as well after the first few missions on my second play through I was able to adjust to the noticeable jump in difficulty between Normal/Casual and Hard/Classic. All of the children characters can become awesome if you take the time to train them seeing as typically they'll surpass their parents in stats.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
darkpokeball

Yeah, Gerome and Owain are two of my best units.
I hope FE: Awakening gets a sequel with similar gameplay and interface soon. I love the game so much! (I also want the Summer of Bonds DLC because I've heard it features major fanservice. I have yet to know what that 'fanservice' is.)
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I finally beat the game a few days ago! Unfortantly being terrible at strategy games, my victory was half-baked, and about half of my roster didn't make it to see the end (which isn't good seeing I only was playing on Normal/Classic)

I plan to do a second runthough on normal, acually give myself a chance to absorb the game more carefully and learn the game play a little deeper. Keeping my characters alive and getting all the kids/original marriages I wanted.

Here's how my supports panned out.

Chrom/Sumia
Henry/Cordelia
Stahl/Sully (My favourite relationship)
Ricken/Lisa
Libra/Panne

Deaths/Retirements

Miriel
Vaike
Virion
Gregor
Lon' qu
Donnel
Tharja
Cherche
Olivia
Kellam
Maribelle
Tiki

I'm finishing up some of the bonus box/DLC/Orange Paralogue Maps.

Spoiler:
I have to say, I really am dissapointed in the Bonus Box Paralouge missions so far. I mean, it's really cool that you can obtain Walhart and Grangrel, but it just seems like weak writing to bring them back. I'm really dissapointed that Emmeryn returns too. It just...it throws one of the best story points in this game right out the window.
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:29 AM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher View Post
Spoiler:
I have to say, I really am dissapointed in the Bonus Box Paralouge missions so far. I mean, it's really cool that you can obtain Walhart and Grangrel, but it just seems like weak writing to bring them back. I'm really dissapointed that Emmeryn returns too. It just...it throws one of the best story points in this game right out the window.
They are more so for character. So you don't even have to add them to the map if you don't want to keep the story elements.

Quote:
Yeah, Gerome and Owain are two of my best units.
I hope FE: Awakening gets a sequel with similar gameplay and interface soon. I love the game so much! (I also want the Summer of Bonds DLC because I've heard it features major fanservice. I have yet to know what that 'fanservice' is.)
Well the fanservice is
Spoiler:
Cordelia in a bikini without her top on covering her chest and Tharja in a in a bikini adjusting her bottom half of the suit (the view is from the bellow). There are also special picture for Chrom and Gaius but I haven't seen them. plus they get special conversations with Avatar. And all sorcerers wear a swimsuit in this map.
and there are a LOT of conversations.

Last edited by shadowdueler474; March 24th, 2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: adding more content
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

I mentioned that gripe on the previous page before, but:

Spoiler:
Emmeryn being brought back was kinda a big plot hole. Not only that, but they had to give her a depressing ending to top it off.

Anyways, I think I'm done with this game for awhile. I've overplayed it. On to previous FE titles.
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:18 PM
darkpokeball

I simply don't view post-game as storyline.
For example, Emmeryn returning was just a bonus or 'what-if' chapter, not part of the storyline. Let's face it; if Emmeryn came back to life during the main game, the plot would just rapidly decline.
Also, I'm convinced my Awakening game has a jinx. Whoever I recruit to join my Awakening team from Sacred STones (through Bonus Box), that character then dies in Sacred Stones.
*sigh*
I miss Seth from Sacred Stones. At least he's in Awakening now.
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:30 PM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

^How did you let Seth die? He is the best Jeigan in the series!

Old March 24th, 2013, 07:49 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

^Frederick has that title now.

Those paralouges aren't really post-game, they're available before the final fight. Either way, they were still given endings and what-not so I can't simply brush it off as a "what-if" scenario.
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
CarcharOdin

EXPonential Growth DLC

Solving my grinding problems like a boss.
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

^That stops being as useful when you get to your 3-4th reclass.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links