The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:08 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Just a thread for those with Last.fm to meet and share profiles, etc. To break the ice, I'll "paste my taste" which is a feature from last.fm
My profile

"I'm into hip-hop, electronic, indie, ambient and experimental, "

And also discuss your favorite music genres, artists, etc if you don't have an account!
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
I have an account. It's Glitched_Soul. But I don't have the music player to get music.

My favorite genre? Easy. Rock. I love rock. My favorite artist? Three Days Grace they are awesome.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old February 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
My last.fm page is iShivi.

You'll see I listen to a lot of pop, alternative music, indie, some soul, a little bit of hip-hop, country, and I do enjoy the singer/songwriter genre as well. Honestly, my taste in music is quite universal.
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
This is me.

My musical tastes are primarily rock and pop with hip hop to a lesser degree. I also listen to music in Japanese and Spanish a ton more than English music. I should change that one of these days.

Paired With Signomi - Brothers with Arcanine
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
My username is chokeonvinyl. Most of my plays are indie, alternative, and pop. There's some folk in there too as well. Eh...there's really a little bit of everything, haha. It's a nice way to keep track of your plays though, especially for me since I moved my iTunes to a new computer and the count restarted. All my Kings of Leon songs that were like 200 something plays lol... :( At least it's recorded through last.fm.
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:06 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Yea I just use the last.fm scrobbler with my iTunes. You guys mind if I add you?

I'm mostly into rap and indie stuff at the moment. There are a ton of obscure stuff that I end up listening to but Idk how to label it haha
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Antemortem
it's the end of all things

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
My last.fm is zephyrwings-, but it's not a completely accurate portrayal of my musical tastes, because I don't download half the music I listen to on my computer, but rather listen to it via Youtube or IHeartRadio. The music I download is typically found on my phone, so it isn't scrobbled to last.fm. :P I'm a huge fan of most modern rock/pop, as well as kpop, though - at least, that's what is reflected in my last.fm account!
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I use my first real name and where I live as my profile name Daniel00Seattle - its full of hard rock and metal. According to my last.fm profile my favorite band is Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, and Morbid Angel.

Recently I've been listening a lot to power metal, and Pokemon songs in Japanese.

Maybe, I might discover some other PokeCommunity members that have similar music taste as mine. Most of the time my Last.fm page doesn't get updated, I listen mostly to my music on my phone - especially when I'm driving.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 4/8 - game: X - Location: Coumarine City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 1/8 - Game Y - Location: Route 4

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; February 8th, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
My account is on my sig. Feel free to add and stuff.

Old February 9th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Esper

This is mine. It's fairly accurate, but when I listen to music on my iPod it doesn't usually make it to my last.fm even though there's supposed to be a way to do that.

My "paste your taste" thingy says this:
Quote:
I'm into japanese, female vocalists, electronic, rock and indie, including:
サカナクション, 坂本真綾, Capsule, Perfume, Matryoshka, Imogen Heap, Florence + the Machine, Kate Bush, Sigur Rós, me-al art, Yann Tiersen, David Bowie, Daft Punk, XTC, 坂本龍一, world's end girlfriend, 宇多田ヒカル, BONNIE PINK, 新居昭乃, Björk, avengers in sci-fi, school food punishment, Bat for Lashes, RADWIMPS, Ludovico Einaudi, Mumford & Sons, Do As Infinity, フルカワミキ, Loreena McKennitt, カードキャプターさくら, Mediæval Bæbes, 椎名林檎, ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, マクロスF, 菅野よう子, Superfly, David Sylvian, Beirut, Ulrich Schnauss, The Cure, The Pillows, ルルティア, 天空のエスカフローネ, 安室奈美恵, つじあやの, Tommy heavenly6, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Hooverphonic, 平沢進, Värttinä.
I don't know why it considers "japanese" as a genre though. It's waaay too broad a category.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Okay so I gave in and signed up but I'm not sure what to do with it now haha. Most of the music I listen to is on YouTube etc so it's not a great representation of what I listen to at all (as in the only thing I play from WMP is Biffy Clyro's new album Opposites which I usually end up listening to on YT anyway) but I'll try and work it out a bit more later. Does anyone know if it's possible to 'scrobble' from YouTube at all? That'd be trés helpful!
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:58 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Okay so I gave in and signed up but I'm not sure what to do with it now haha. Most of the music I listen to is on YouTube etc so it's not a great representation of what I listen to at all (as in the only thing I play from WMP is Biffy Clyro's new album Opposites which I usually end up listening to on YT anyway) but I'll try and work it out a bit more later. Does anyone know if it's possible to 'scrobble' from YouTube at all? That'd be trés helpful!

I heard that there was an add on to google chrome that allowed you to scrobble from youtube. I can't say for sure how well it works though, because I use Firefox.

Edit: I just gave it a whirl, it seems to work very well actually.

My username is M36K, although to be fair, I've only used Last.Fm for internet radio, and I only have one device that scrobbles, and it doesn't have very much music on it (Google Play) I've started to use it as a tracker again, thanks post...

Last edited by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher; February 13th, 2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:52 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

I think I'll add you guys soon. So far it seems like I have low compatibility with most of you hahaha
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:32 AM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

Yo I'm burning_hotels on there. I wish I could change that username kinda but meh, it doesn't bother me too much. Although I'm really inconsistent with actually having my scrobbler open when I'm listening to music and whatnot so my playcount is pretty low and the actual catalogue of stuff's kinda inaccurate but yeah. Add away!

Old February 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

What... what is my last.fm? It's just TwilightBlade.

I haven't used it in years (using Pandora Radio now). My top plays include Hoobastank, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, and Three Days Grace. I can tell ya I only listen to one of those really today, and that's Breaking Benjamin. D: Oh how I have changed in music taste... I still listen to rock/alternative, though.
Old February 14th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
Name's lastshield.

Quote:
I'm into hip-hop, indie, electronic, alternative and experimental, including:
Drake, Hot Chip, Perfume Genius, Buke and Gase, Big K.R.I.T., Foxygen, Gonzales, James Blake, Spiritualized, Neutral Milk Hotel, Charles Mingus, John Coltrane, The White Stripes, Azealia Banks, The Streets, The Strokes, Deerhoof, The Caretaker, Anamanaguchi, Arctic Monkeys, Kurt Vile, Danny Brown, Bon Iver, Carey Mulligan.

Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/lastshield
Not so impressive, I know. Still trying to broaden my taste, but I love any type of music

Sponsored Links

Advertise here