Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page Type Combinations!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old February 8th, 2013 (11:32 PM).
Follow no false light.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
So in generation five, many new type combinations were introduced! For example there were: ground/dark, bug/electric, grass/steel, bug/fire, ground/electric, dark/dragon etc. So my question for you is: Do you think Gen V introduced enough new type combinations? Would you have preferred there were different wackier type combos introduced instead of the plethora of ones we had seen before. (fire/fighting anyone?) Or do you think that Gen V introduced a sufficient amount and perhaps got a little too weird?

Bonus: Are there any Unova pokemon that you think should have had a different typing?
Old February 9th, 2013 (12:18 AM).
"What's this? Who is this spoiled brat?"
ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Modest
I loved the new type combos! I think that they introduced a good amount. I really liked Volcarona being the new bug/fire combo. It has a bad Stealth Rock weakness but still is amazing and with that dual typing has great coverage. Also I liked the new Dark/Dragon typing it was something that was needed as well. As for a type combo that I would have liked to have seen would be Fire/Grass. Idk why But it just seems really interesting to me. If there is one Unova Pokemon that I would like to see have a different type combination would be the Oshawott line. I thought that line deserved to be Water/Fight instead of the Tepig line obtaining fighting as a second type.

EDIT: 500th POST! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old February 10th, 2013 (06:52 PM).

The type combos were interesting. Really allowed some new Pokemon to use some awesome combos of moves. And with frillish/jellicent we now have every type combined with water except fire (which will never happen xD). Also seeing the first pure flying type was interesting. But because I've got white I couldn't have a chance to fight him ㅠㅠ lol finally I liked the type combos of zekrom kyurem and reshiram. I love dragons and ice and electricity. And seeing the first fire type that wasn't weak to water was interesting. seeing as I always choose the water starter, it was odd seeing a fire type causing me serious problems like reshiram did. But fun. And I enjoyed galvantula for its appearance that came of its cool typing. But my bro used one so I skipped him xD
Old February 11th, 2013 (04:45 AM). Edited February 11th, 2013 by Hikamaru.
get to heaven
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I actually loved the interesting type combinations on the Unova Pokemon, it gave them some extra awesomeness and diversity in terms of attacks. Reshiram being the first Fire-type without a Water weakness was what made it unique, and I loved the typing of the other two Legendary dragons as well, especially Zekrom. The Joltik line's Bug/Electric, Golett line's Ground/Ghost, Deino line's Dark/Dragon, Sandile line's Ground/Dark, Litwick line's Ghost/Fire, Pawniard line's Dark/Steel, Ferroseed line's Grass/Steel, Frillish line's Water/Ghost, Larvesta line's Bug/Fire and Scraggy line's Dark/Fighting were the standouts for me. I just loved how well they went together. And I liked how we finally got a pure Flying-type, and given I played Black I was actually able to encounter it.

If I were to change one's typing, I would have made Samurott be part-Fighting and made Emboar Fire/Dark instead.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old February 11th, 2013 (11:39 PM).
Follow no false light.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
I loved all the new type combinations introduced. I found the new ones really interesting, and they weren't just thrown on to the pokemon - they made sense. I thought there were definietly enough new ones, however I felt that samurott definitely should have been water/fighting like others have said, and I would have been fine with emboar as just fire. Or fire/rock. Or SOMETHING other than that godforsaken type combo. I think the other unova type combos were pretty good. Except maybe gigalith could have been rock/fighting? Would have been interesting! And Cohagrigus could have been ghost/dark or ghost/something I feel.
Old February 12th, 2013 (05:45 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Good thread Golurkkk! For me, fire/bug imo. It's such a strong/useful typing and Quiver Dance makes it a very very very strong threat, no matter what Pokemon has it. :3 Although... SR weakness does suck. :(
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)