The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #301    
Old June 15th, 2014, 02:52 PM
bruceman
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
I'm new here how do I download this game
Reply With Quote
  #302    
Old June 16th, 2014, 12:58 PM
romal717
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Never mind, figured out the problem, thanks

Last edited by romal717; July 5th, 2014 at 07:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #303    
Old June 17th, 2014, 08:37 AM
jAvAcOlA
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender:
Is there any increase in difficulty in this?


Also, is it within the realm of possibility when making these hacks to simply have the item-trade evolutions such as Steelix, Scyther, etc, work by using the items such as metal coat work as an evolution stone of sorts? As in, you select the Metal Coat in your bag, click Use, click Onix in your party, and he begins evolving. This seems like it'd be the most logical, non game-changing way to do it, but I've never seen a single ROM hacker do it.

Last edited by jAvAcOlA; June 17th, 2014 at 01:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #304    
Old June 25th, 2014, 07:08 AM
King_prym3
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Gender: Male
I have this rom on my PC but I can not find it for my ipad and when I do it won't let me put it in my gpsphone it just say chrome can not download this file can someone please help and can I find any other hacks that let you catch mew or mew two before beating the elite four?
Reply With Quote
  #305    
Old June 27th, 2014, 11:57 AM
xboxmandude's Avatar
xboxmandude
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pakistan
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Why is gyrados a dragon type?
Also what item did you use for the land deed?
I used my ultra violet sav for fire red and the land deed is '????????' Item
__________________
MY Current TEAM (Pokemon Ultra Violet)


Traded to emerald
Favourite pokemon game
Fire red.(Ultra violet) + emerald

Oh yeah I hate the newer gen..
Anything after gen 3 sucks
Reply With Quote
  #306    
Old July 1st, 2014, 03:27 AM
joelpinho2000
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Gender: Male
I play a lot of pokemon, specially hacks but this one is the best of 'em all. I could not belliave when it was said thet it was possible to catch all of those pokemon. This hack looks like a game that is not a hack.
Reply With Quote
  #307    
Old July 7th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Sickalex1743's Avatar
Sickalex1743
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mexico
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
So i kill mew any other place i can find one or should i restart?
P.S.Great Hack
__________________
The flowers bloom, then wither... The stars shine and one day become extinct. This earth, the sun, the galaxies and even the big universe, someday will be destroyed. Compared with that, the human life is only a blink, just a little time. In that short time - people are born, laugh, cry, fight, are injured, feel joy, sadness, hate someone, love someone. All in just a moment. And then, are embraced by the eternal sleep called death.
Reply With Quote
  #308    
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Red7381's Avatar
Red7381
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
What happens after you beat the elite four and you don't have the version where you can skip the credits when the game resets? Playing on gba4ios and I don't think I can get the updated version where I can skip.
__________________
Hacks I Support:
Reply With Quote
  #309    
Old July 14th, 2014, 12:06 AM
MaelstromMaestro
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Gender: Male
I've found out a way to be able to properly use ingame saves on mobile emulators.
(I use MyBoy emulator running on android)

First, load a Clean FireRed rom on your chosen emulator. Start a new game then enter the names for yourself and your rival. When you are able to walk around, save before you do anything else.

After saving, goto where your ".sav" file is, (it should be in the folder where you loaded your rom) rename it to the same name as your UltraViolet rom.

e.g.

In my rom folder I have:

A gba file named Pokemon Ultra Violet.gba
A sav file named Pokemon Ultra Violet.sav

Then load your UltraViolet rom. Load the save and you should be in the exact same place where you saved with the exact same name you entered as of before.

You should be able to use the ingame saves after you've done all this.
Reply With Quote
  #310    
Old July 15th, 2014, 06:48 AM
jAvAcOlA
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender:
Why can't I open this in advance map? It gives an invalid ROM message. I've tried a bunch of different versions of A-map and none work with this hack.
Reply With Quote
  #311    
Old July 15th, 2014, 11:04 PM
MaelstromMaestro
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Am I supposed to get a celebi from the egg in berry forest?

I got something stupid o.O
Reply With Quote
  #312    
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:55 AM
Sanmari's Avatar
Sanmari
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: *sits in a corner of the DCC with her Charmeleon, Risk*
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
When going through the Underground walkways, and mountain tunnels, there's no items on the maps like the walkthrough claims, the hidden items aren't there and the Itemfinders say the same thing.
__________________


"WHY, WHY, WHYYY?!?!" -me after killing Mew five times playing Pokemon Ultra Violet. It got better... eventually
Reply With Quote
  #313    
Old November 6th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Inetrix
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Um.. Nice idea... But you honestly didn't have to make it this difficult. I found no joy in being punished over and over in the beginning and am struggling to find the desire to continue playing. I had a blast with the Pokemon games and some hacks... But this one is kind of just punishment.
Reply With Quote
  #314    
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:58 AM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAvAcOlA View Post
Why can't I open this in advance map? It gives an invalid ROM message. I've tried a bunch of different versions of A-map and none work with this hack.
its cause I changed the header(to stop people from hacking my hack)... A-map only recognizes headers of the original games... its rather easy to fix if you try.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Inetrix View Post
Um.. Nice idea... But you honestly didn't have to make it this difficult. I found no joy in being punished over and over in the beginning and am struggling to find the desire to continue playing. I had a blast with the Pokemon games and some hacks... But this one is kind of just punishment.
I get the feeling your either not very good at pokemon games or you chose to catch your starter and caught a gastly or dratini...

i did not increase the difficulty at all... I edited no trainers in this hack... if you thought it was hard, try starting with a bulbasaur... thats easy mode, it obliterates the first two gyms.

gastly or dratini both make crappy lv 5 starters so its like playing the game on hard mode. they make powerful end game team members tho.

if its still too hard for you... complain to gamefreak.

NOTE: its also possible you are posting this about the wrong game... double check that your playing ultra violet version, cause there are plenty of super hard hacks, this is just not one of them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #315    
Old November 10th, 2014, 04:55 AM
looneyman1's Avatar
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
The fact there's still a roaming legendary mechanic killed this for me honestly...That makes it next to impossible to guarantee a decent nature for what it is you catch unless there is a fixed nature with perfect IVs set for the specific roamers in question.
Reply With Quote
  #316    
Old November 10th, 2014, 06:38 AM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
The fact there's still a roaming legendary mechanic killed this for me honestly...That makes it next to impossible to guarantee a decent nature for what it is you catch unless there is a fixed nature with perfect IVs set for the specific roamers in question.
I fixed the roaming pokes IV glitch.... but I dont know what you mean perfect IVs set.
I followed this meathod to fix it:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=214655
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #317    
Old November 10th, 2014, 07:28 AM
looneyman1's Avatar
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
I fixed the roaming pokes IV glitch.... but I dont know what you mean perfect IVs set.
I followed this meathod to fix it:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=214655

Well what I mean is that the entire roaming legendary mechanic sucks major because then you begin the event you can spend almost an entire day trying to catch the thing, but because of the fact you have no idea where it'll turn up before it is first recorded in the pokedex, it leaves you with no safe way to actually set yourself up for the hunt. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum moved a step in the right direction by not limiting the tracking of roamers to the pokedex only, but the problem of getting the right one for competitive battle use was another considering legendary pokemon can't be bred.

The guys at gamefreak seriously screwed up on how the roamers worked in platinum and JG/SS by having multiple roaming pokemon at once, because even if one used the synchronize trick to influence a decent nature on them it has a good chance of failing. I mean I get part of the challenge is stuff about pokemon is randomized, mainly to allow for multiple strategies for different individuals of the same pokemon but some pokemon have extremely limited usability, even with the newer advancements the series has made since gen 3, and as such being forced to rely on luck that much for a valuable pokemon you have a very low probability of catching anyway ends up making it more trouble than its worth.

Now since you mentioned an IV glitch was corrected regarding the roaming legendaries in this that alleviates one concern. Legendary pokemon are supposed to have very strong IVs, however random they may be, so with a bit of luck getting a decent hidden power attack isn't too hard.

The biggest problem I have with roamers though is the natures, as its one thing to get good IVs, but another to get a decent nature if not the perfect nature on ANY pokemon. And hidden power is determined both by nature and IVs of a specific pokemon since generation 3. For example on an Entei, I like to run a Modest nature so I can work a passable special sweeper using Hidden Power Grass along with Flamethrower or Fire Blast as its main attack, and with Entei's base special attack otherwise being lower in strength to some of it's other stats I have to make due somehow. If not with modest either mild, hasty, naive, or rash also works since its stats are perfect to allow a mixed set where applicable. The problem however is actually FINDING this hypothetical entei first since if one saved AFTER starting the event that activates entei then you're stuck with a potentially crap nature no matter what you do, and given how Fire Red treated this originally, considering you made this hack to start with the national pokedex that sorta ends up making me question how that entire event plays through.

I hope this explains what I mean, though I know there's little to no chance of you wanting to fix it, you said you were done with the hack entirely as of the last update. As such I wont expect you to do anything about it, besides this game is pretty good regardless. Its just the roaming legendary mechanic just REALLY REALLY grinds my gears because it makes it next to impossible to really do anything with said legendaries. I really like how X/Y handled the roaming legendary birds, a far better method as they flee before you sent in your pokemon to battle, then flew to a fixed location for you to catch them that allowed you to "choose" what nature you desired like other non-roaming legendaries.
Reply With Quote
  #318    
Old November 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Sanmari's Avatar
Sanmari
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: *sits in a corner of the DCC with her Charmeleon, Risk*
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
So is there any way to fix the 'missing hidden items' glitch or were there even items on the Underground Path in the first place? Were they taken out or do they need to be found with the ItemFinders you get later in the game?
__________________


"WHY, WHY, WHYYY?!?!" -me after killing Mew five times playing Pokemon Ultra Violet. It got better... eventually
Reply With Quote
  #319    
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:58 PM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanmari View Post
So is there any way to fix the 'missing hidden items' glitch or were there even items on the Underground Path in the first place? Were they taken out or do they need to be found with the ItemFinders you get later in the game?
not that I have found... but would you believe... this is a glitch from regular fire red, there are hidden items in the small rooms of mt moon that you cant pick up... so I understand what your saying but cant figure it out.

if you open the rom in an editor the items are clearly there, but when it comes time to get them in game, they are gone... no clu...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #320    
Old November 10th, 2014, 01:06 PM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
Well what I mean is that the entire roaming legendary mechanic sucks major because then you begin the event you can spend almost an entire day trying to catch the thing, but because of the fact you have no idea where it'll turn up before it is first recorded in the pokedex, it leaves you with no safe way to actually set yourself up for the hunt. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum moved a step in the right direction by not limiting the tracking of roamers to the pokedex only, but the problem of getting the right one for competitive battle use was another considering legendary pokemon can't be bred.

The guys at gamefreak seriously screwed up on how the roamers worked in platinum and JG/SS by having multiple roaming pokemon at once, because even if one used the synchronize trick to influence a decent nature on them it has a good chance of failing. I mean I get part of the challenge is stuff about pokemon is randomized, mainly to allow for multiple strategies for different individuals of the same pokemon but some pokemon have extremely limited usability, even with the newer advancements the series has made since gen 3, and as such being forced to rely on luck that much for a valuable pokemon you have a very low probability of catching anyway ends up making it more trouble than its worth.

Now since you mentioned an IV glitch was corrected regarding the roaming legendaries in this that alleviates one concern. Legendary pokemon are supposed to have very strong IVs, however random they may be, so with a bit of luck getting a decent hidden power attack isn't too hard.

The biggest problem I have with roamers though is the natures, as its one thing to get good IVs, but another to get a decent nature if not the perfect nature on ANY pokemon. And hidden power is determined both by nature and IVs of a specific pokemon since generation 3. For example on an Entei, I like to run a Modest nature so I can work a passable special sweeper using Hidden Power Grass along with Flamethrower or Fire Blast as its main attack, and with Entei's base special attack otherwise being lower in strength to some of it's other stats I have to make due somehow. If not with modest either mild, hasty, naive, or rash also works since its stats are perfect to allow a mixed set where applicable. The problem however is actually FINDING this hypothetical entei first since if one saved AFTER starting the event that activates entei then you're stuck with a potentially crap nature no matter what you do, and given how Fire Red treated this originally, considering you made this hack to start with the national pokedex that sorta ends up making me question how that entire event plays through.

I hope this explains what I mean, though I know there's little to no chance of you wanting to fix it, you said you were done with the hack entirely as of the last update. As such I wont expect you to do anything about it, besides this game is pretty good regardless. Its just the roaming legendary mechanic just REALLY REALLY grinds my gears because it makes it next to impossible to really do anything with said legendaries. I really like how X/Y handled the roaming legendary birds, a far better method as they flee before you sent in your pokemon to battle, then flew to a fixed location for you to catch them that allowed you to "choose" what nature you desired like other non-roaming legendaries.
thats alot of thought put into actually using legendaries... the only one legendary I have ever used (and ive been playing pokemon games since 1998) is mewtwo, and Ive used mew in my hacks(hes my favorite)... I always feel like Im cheating because they are really overpowered... But I guess if you enjoy using them this might be a concern. I wouldnt really even know how to fix this problem other than remove roaming legendary altogether(and make it static like the other 2)...

but like you mentioned, its not something i will worry about in this hack, but it is something i will keep in mind for my other hacks... instead of using the games roaming legendary, I will make my own (I have some cool ideas for how to make it work)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #321    
Old November 10th, 2014, 06:03 PM
looneyman1's Avatar
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
thats alot of thought put into actually using legendaries... the only one legendary I have ever used (and ive been playing pokemon games since 1998) is mewtwo, and Ive used mew in my hacks(hes my favorite)... I always feel like Im cheating because they are really overpowered... But I guess if you enjoy using them this might be a concern. I wouldnt really even know how to fix this problem other than remove roaming legendary altogether(and make it static like the other 2)...

but like you mentioned, its not something i will worry about in this hack, but it is something i will keep in mind for my other hacks... instead of using the games roaming legendary, I will make my own (I have some cool ideas for how to make it work)

YeahI suppose I see what you mean with that, if your experiance with legendaries is limited to the how they were handled in the original red and blue that is understandable why you overlooked that for the hack. But I am glad what I said will help in a future hack I'm glad I was able to touch on this.

I THINK there might be a way around that problem with roamers using the 3rd, 4th, and 5th game engines though, if the roamer is never actually engaged in battle, but instead you encounter it's overworld sprite someplace where it then flees, and then when the time is right to engage it in battle you'll have that chance to save before you battle it, because its once a battle is initiated that the IVs and nature of a pokemon is set. Suicune was handled this way in the original Crystal (back when DVs were the method stats were calculated rather than IVs and natures, and bad luck with the right stats likewise ruined the chances of a good set for them) as well as HG/SS.

With how roamers worked until X and Y you would need to be ridiculously patient and persistent. Because of the multiple roamers since gen 4 I hardly play the 4th gen games anymore and only use them to aid in transfering pokemon from game to game. I can't really enjoy simply playing them anymore due to the mechanic at work, it was what killed any enjoyment of HG/SS for me especially since Suicune was the only example of a roamer that uses the idea I pitched above.
Reply With Quote
  #322    
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 08:14 PM
keeper of the light
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Hello
I am very stupid.
I don’t understand computers.
I will not understand anything complicated you say.

I have a kindle fire HD (an ok tablet thing)
I have my boy GBA emulator full and free for kindle
I have a rom file for Pokémon fire red (an ok Pokémon game)
I have a rom file for Pokémon ultra violet (a wonderful game and its creator is a genus)
I can run Pokémon leaf green and Pokémon fire red in my boy kindle app and save and everything.
I am aware that you need to combined Pokémon fire read and Ultra violet (somehow?)

When I start Pokémon ultra violet on my kindle fire in the my boy free app it goes to the title screen (which is a beautiful title screen if I do say so myself)
THEN A TYPE BOX APEARS with the statement: “the 1m sub-circuit board is not installed.”
and from their I can start the game then professor oak gets all confused and can’t remember what gender I am even though we are on a first name basses, I then do all the other things one does wen starting a Pokémon game.
I then catch a starter Pokémon (something truly innovative that Nintendo Pokémon games should have always had {it’s a lavaritar[one of the coolest Pokémon ever!!!]}) then I try to save AND IT DOES NOT SAVE. 

I am aware that I have not done something I do not know what that was.
I would like a solution to this problem in small words.
In closing
I am very stupid.
I don’t understand computers.
I will not understand anything complicated you say.
I probably spelled somthing wrong (it was probably somthing).
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #323    
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 12:04 PM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper of the light View Post
Hello
I am very stupid.
I don’t understand computers.
I will not understand anything complicated you say.

I have a kindle fire HD (an ok tablet thing)
I have my boy GBA emulator full and free for kindle
I have a rom file for Pokémon fire red (an ok Pokémon game)
I have a rom file for Pokémon ultra violet (a wonderful game and its creator is a genus)
I can run Pokémon leaf green and Pokémon fire red in my boy kindle app and save and everything.
I am aware that you need to combined Pokémon fire read and Ultra violet (somehow?)

When I start Pokémon ultra violet on my kindle fire in the my boy free app it goes to the title screen (which is a beautiful title screen if I do say so myself)
THEN A TYPE BOX APEARS with the statement: “the 1m sub-circuit board is not installed.”
and from their I can start the game then professor oak gets all confused and can’t remember what gender I am even though we are on a first name basses, I then do all the other things one does wen starting a Pokémon game.
I then catch a starter Pokémon (something truly innovative that Nintendo Pokémon games should have always had {it’s a lavaritar[one of the coolest Pokémon ever!!!]}) then I try to save AND IT DOES NOT SAVE. 

I am aware that I have not done something I do not know what that was.
I would like a solution to this problem in small words.
In closing
I am very stupid.
I don’t understand computers.
I will not understand anything complicated you say.
I probably spelled somthing wrong (it was probably somthing).
Thank you.
The m1 sub circuit error is an emulator problem. I am not familiar with the emulator you are using but it may not support games that require it. There are a few work arounds mentioned in this thread if you read a few posts back. Hopefully one will work for you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #324    
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 01:18 PM
keeper of the light
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
is their a kinda fire emulator you suggest?
Reply With Quote
  #325    
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 09:22 AM
keeper of the light
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
i clanged my save type from flash k something to the bigger flash k something and it does not give me a error 1 m thing thank you for pointing me in the right direction mr locksmitharay you and you Pokemon game are wonderful.

dot stop doing what you are doing
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.