Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 30th, 2013 (08:27 AM). Edited July 30th, 2013 by ChosenHero.

Quote originally posted by LocksmithArmy:
if others are not having this issue Id say its something specific to you. your rom or or something...

maybe try a different source for the patch (there are several around but the site in my sig is the most reliable, since i know noonw but me is updating it)

i also dont think its your .sav

is it only 4 points isle that has no sound... or does this issue extend to kanto once it has started.

and the evolution thing is odd, how many different pokemon have you had this issue with.
A few Pokemon have had this issue and the sound thing extends all over Kanto and the islands

I've tried different ROMs but all of them have the same issue. Could it be my save file? I have also been using cheats for rare candies. Idk if that matters. I've also remembered other problems I've had before. I chose Charmander but saw Raikou before fighting Brock standing in the hedges. When I went back through Diglett Cave, it was gone. Never showed up again. Also, the pichu egg given to you by Celebi was there before I ever fought Celebi.
Old July 30th, 2013 (10:41 PM).

First off, I love this hack and me and my friend have played it alot...but i have an issue and i am not finding a jerachi egg at the meteor site...and i havent been able to find latios or latias and im not to sure where they are located so i would lov some help
Old August 1st, 2013 (10:59 AM).

After the elite four the background music for towns ( not for the rival and battles) has stopped. More importantly no pokemon can evolve. The game will not progress past the finalized picture of the evolved form.

This has occurred for spearow, vulpix and growlithe. All of whom could evolve before the elite four.

This has occured on both a windows and mac emulator in different playthroughs. I have now tried to update additional roms with ultra violet. And none of them has fixed the problem. Any suggestions?

ltank
Old August 1st, 2013 (12:15 PM).
Mew!

odd... someone above you (3 or 4 posts) said the same thing... I will look into it... no promesis (it seems to be beyond my skills but ill try)
Old August 1st, 2013 (01:33 PM).

Well if you can tell me what caused the issue I can try to avoid the problem. It appears that you and many others have had no issues.

ltank
Old August 1st, 2013 (07:50 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2013 by Dead Pool.

Nature: Naughty
I am having trouble getting to the 4 point isles. The girl in Vermillion doesnt give me the letter.
Update-I repatched with newest version. Thank you and good job
Old August 3rd, 2013 (06:32 PM). Edited August 7th, 2013 by DrFuji.

Was I supposed to get the NationalDex at the start?
Also just making sure, I used the Lunar exe on UV then FR.
Is that correct???
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...............\
Old August 6th, 2013 (08:26 PM).
I play for keeps!

Yeah, you're supposed to get the National Dex from the start. Maybe you have an old version of the patch, did you download it recently?

If not try another ROM from somewhere else, you may simply have the wrong version of FR itself.
Old August 6th, 2013 (10:34 PM). Edited August 7th, 2013 by DrFuji.
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by piscaso:
Was I supposed to get the NationalDex at the start?
Also just making sure, I used the Lunar exe on UV then FR.
Is that correct???
On the new version also, if you don't have it, you can get the National Dex just by entering Prof. Oak's lab. This was done to create compatibility with standard FR saves.

Quote originally posted by LocksmithArmy:
odd... someone above you (3 or 4 posts) said the same thing... I will look into it... no promesis (it seems to be beyond my skills but ill try)
Judging by how it is only one or two people, do you think it could be the differences between FR v1.0 and v1.1? I really can't think of any reasons either, seeing as it worked before defeating the E4, but not after.

Paired with Simba
Old August 6th, 2013 (11:41 PM).

how do I stop it crashing when I see bill I enter his house and I just get a black screen and no music is there anything I have to do to prevent this I've beaten misty.
Old August 7th, 2013 (01:42 PM).
I play for keeps!

Oh, I forgot something on my last post.
Quote originally posted by ltank:
This has occured on both a windows and mac emulator in different playthroughs. I have now tried to update additional roms with ultra violet. And none of them has fixed the problem. Any suggestions?
Not Locksmith but uh...

It would probably help Locksmith a LOT if instead of saying what OS you're using, specifically saying what emulator you're using/what it's based on (what OS it's on really doesn't help things, they're all pretty much the exact same on all platforms for every emulator now). It would be better for testing if it can be ruled out that this is an emulator specific problem or not.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just give the guy a little help so he can pinpoint it.
Old August 12th, 2013 (05:49 PM). Edited August 13th, 2013 by DrFuji.

What ROM of FR should I get?
Also is VBA an appropriate emulator?
BROFIST ...............\
Old August 12th, 2013 (05:56 PM). Edited August 13th, 2013 by DrFuji.

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
What ROM of FR should I get?
Also is VBA an appropriate emulator?
Links to ROMs are forbidden. Even though nintendo really doesn't care because they don't make money off of gba anymore, it is still technically forbidden. However, you are looking for FireRed v1.0 BPRE.

Paired with Simba
Old August 12th, 2013 (06:27 PM).

Nevermind
I got it working
And found 3 shinies on route 1.
0___0
BROFIST ...............\
Old August 12th, 2013 (06:29 PM).

Nevermind
I got it working
And found 2 shinys on route 1.
0___0
Don't feel too special, he created tiles which force the next pokemon you see to be shiny.

Paired with Simba
Old August 21st, 2013 (06:57 AM).

First of all thx for an awesome rom! I have the same issue as itank, it freezes when my pokemon evolve after beating the elite 4. This sucks because there's no point in playing after this help would be appreciated
Old August 22nd, 2013 (05:15 AM).

Please still be updating because every time I lose a battle my screen goes black and doesn't teleport me to the nearest pokecentre and the last auto save us just a black screen, thus I have to load my last saved game which who knows how long ago I saved it, so please, if you could, fix this, I'm begging you.
Old August 22nd, 2013 (10:07 AM).
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by Hashtag_Aiden:
Please still be updating because every time I lose a battle my screen goes black and doesn't teleport me to the nearest pokecentre and the last auto save us just a black screen, thus I have to load my last saved game which who knows how long ago I saved it, so please, if you could, fix this, I'm begging you.
Weird, I never had any problem with losing. Where were you at the time? Was it 4 points, because I remember a warning about losing at 4 points that causes bad things.

Autosave problem however, is a coincidence because of your emulator related to it, might be a good idea to change your settings until it's figured out. What are you using by the way?
Old August 23rd, 2013 (10:13 PM).

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Hashtag_Aiden:
Try another Firered ROM because sometimes the Wrong ROM can also cause these sort of bugs
Old August 25th, 2013 (10:08 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Thank you. I've downloaded it.
Old September 2nd, 2013 (01:13 PM).

When are you allowed to go to 4 points isle
Old September 2nd, 2013 (07:41 PM).
Mew!

as soon as you get to vermilion... but having cut first helps
Old September 3rd, 2013 (01:59 PM). Edited September 3rd, 2013 by qwerty92.

but whenever I go to her house she always mentions the mail and union room
is there ever a time when she stops sending you to 4 points isle

im on android btw
idk if that makes a difference
but its happened twicw now
Old September 4th, 2013 (09:20 AM).
Mew!

swounds like your using an old patch... my first release did not have 4 points islands and was only a 251 patch...
Old September 5th, 2013 (03:47 PM). Edited September 5th, 2013 by landeroth.

Fix for the game freezing when pokemon evolve after beating the E4 (based off what I did 3 minutes before this post):

1. beat the E4 again.
2. don't have pokemon fighting that could evolve during the fight.
3. let the game save using the in game save
4. load that file after reset
5. talk to Prof. Oak
6. go to Oak's lab and receive nat'l dex (again) and instructions to go to 4 point isle
7. level pokemon to test evolution working.

possibility i'd like to test.
1. go straight to Oak's lab and see if he has anything to say to you.
2. listen to what he says if he does.
3. level pokemon to test if evolution freezes game still

awesome hack, LSA. are you also on a lockpicking forum?

P.S. method two worked as well, but it took two tries. using charmander > charmeleon for testing against E4 Lorelei.
If you cancel evolution to attempt to continue, the game will freeze going to Bruno, btw. the only fix i have found is to talk to Oak about the 4 point isle. it seems to fix everything, testing a second evolution.

P.S.S. second evolution of Pokemon worked, squirtle > wartortle. do NOT use speed boost on VBA when evolving. froze it after the fix when testing first time.

P.S.S.S. Defeating E4 again resulted in game freezing for wartortle> blastoise evolution. did not talk to oak after defeating E4 before this error. have talked to oak about 4 point isle previously. never visited 4 point isle. going back and speaking to oak did not fix error. still froze when going from wartortle > blastoise

Finally got wartortle > blastoise to work (third evolution tried after initial glitch fix). it required loading the save from beating the E4 (the game autosave). based off of what i am seeing, it is a glitch caused by skipping the game "ending" and continuing straight. Whenever I picked the "YES" option after Oak, the rival, and I run out of the building, it causes the evolution freezing the game glitch. A save can be fixed after this happens by defeating the E4 and using the in game autosave. This leads me to believe the glitch is caused by the feature of skipping the game reset after the E4 battles. AKA, if you are using an emulator that can't use the in game save, you're screwed as far as I can tell.

Going to 4 point isle seems to have affected nothing.

Emulator used= VBA 1.8.0 beta3
ROM= Pokemon Fire Red with ultra violet 1.22
not sure of pokemon fire red version. don't bother asking unless you can tell. all i can do is send you the rom (i made a copy before i patched it)

Summarization:
1. beat the E4.
2. don't have pokemon fighting that could evolve during the fight.
3. let the game save using the in game save
4. load that file after reset

will fix saves that currently have the "freeze when evolution occurs" glitch.
If you can't use the autosave, I think you're screwed.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)