Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old February 25th, 2013, 05:45 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
I like your character blaziken but I need you to put a bit more detail in before I can accept you.
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old February 25th, 2013, 05:54 AM
blaziken153
Togepi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to blaziken153
i will edit the post about my character
Challanges:
The Favorite Challange III

Completed challanges:
The Formulated challange
Psychic Monotype challange
The Eeveelutions Challange

Old February 25th, 2013, 06:19 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Still needs more detail. Try writing it out like this (where this applies only)

Appearance: Physical features (aim for 3-5 lines) and then clothing (aim for 4-5 lines).

Personality: General personality overview (2 lines) followed by specific beliefs and values (4 lines) and then behaviours relating to personality and any interests or quirks (3-4 lines).

History: Detail both his history with his family and his own personal history and any significant events that have effected him (such as more info on these friends for example).

Try it like that and you should be fine. It doesn't have to be exactly that but using that as a guide should help you out a bit.

I'll be posting a description of chapter one soon and will also post it in the IC when it is accepted.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:36 AM
blaziken153
Togepi

Name: Dan Miller

Appearance: Dan stands at 5'8 and weights 150 pounds.Dan is not strong so he dose not have a muscular build.He has a light skin.Dan also has light brown hair.He wears a yellow jacket,red pants, yellow shoes and a red hat. He wears green gloves and sometimes a black cape.His right arm has a bracelet which is pokeball shaped.On his left arm he has a watch which is colored red.Right before the journey his mom bought a purple backpack

Personality : Dan is quite shy, he only has two friends who he has accepted.When Dan lived in Nimbasa city he had a lot of friends but after that he dose not want to have many friends so he would not have to leave a lot of them.He is rather scared of people, he thinks they will always laugh at him for random thing.Like they will laugh at him for not going out much or being scared of people, but they won't do that it is only what Dan thinks. He wants to be brave but never gets the chance to try.He also has a dark and cruel side, it only happened to him once and it was when he first got beat up by bullies.Dan is not strong and gets beat up by bullies a lot,but his friends try to protect him as much as possible.

History: Dan currently lives at Coriolis Town, but before that he lived at Nimbasa City in the Unova region where he had a lot of friends.He lives with his mom and dad who dont really have much time for him, because they work a lot.His dad works at the poke mart and his mom at the pokemon center. Hid dark and cruel side appeared once when he first got beat up by bullies. He said to them that they will all suffer one day, that one day he and the bully will have a pokemon battle and Dan will win.His two friends, Chris and Dave. Chris moved to Coriolis town the exact same day as Dan and is his best friend who always tries to protect him. And Dave he is strong so he defends Dan as much as possible.He met Dan after a year when Dan moved. He was looking for pokemon to play with and Dan showed where to look and from there they were friends. His dad has a pokemon, a vulpix to be exact.That vulpix is his best friend.His life is pretty much normal, he dose not go out much.

Chosen Starter: Vanillite,male. Vanillite is happy most of the time but when it is time to fight it will get serious and fight with all it's heart.
Challanges:

Completed challanges:
The Formulated challange

Old February 25th, 2013, 06:40 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I'm willing to accept you on the condition that you make a concious, serious effort to improve your English skills. I would recommend getting some advice from a more experienced RPer

Looking forward to RPing with you.

Okay guys this is some information on Chapter one for you
Spoiler:

Chapter One - Beginnings - Coriolis Town and Route One

You have just received your very first pokemon from local professor Harriet Palm who has equipped you with a pokedex and pokeballs and sent you on your way with the task of collecting data on the many pokemon found in the diverse Novia Region and of course, to challenge yourself and expand your skills as a trainer by competing in the Novia League Challenge. This is your humble beginnings; you are about to set forth from your small home town into the beautiful Novia region alone except for your companion pokemon for the first time. (See OP for details on Coriolis and Route 1 and please don't go further until chapter 2 is posted).

Compulsory Objective(s)
Interact with your first wild pokemon

Last edited by gimmepie; February 25th, 2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM
blaziken153
Togepi

ill try as much as i can i promise
Challanges:

Completed challanges:
The Formulated challange

Old February 25th, 2013, 06:58 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Okay, that sounds good blaziken. Keep up that attitude and I'm sure things will go fine.
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
Hello! The OOC looks rather promising so I'll have a go! Nice avatar btw x3 I like lucario too. I'd like to reserve Litwick please! It'll be done soon x3 Possible in 30 mins, as I need to finish the Pokemon soundtrack that I'm making xD anyway, count me in!

Edit - done!

Name: Devon Hall

Appearance: Devon is a child with a skin color that is often considered to be perfect - a mix of caucasian white and asian yellow, which isn't actually that hard to get as he's a mix of both races. There are some obvious American traits here and there (such as his hair texture and the shape of his head), but his ink-colored eyes and dark hair clearly show that there's something else in his genes. Standing at 6"0, Devon often shows up late with a dark, cobalt-colored hoodie (that's always one size too large for some reason) and a pair of slightly-torn denim jeans. If you look at his right arm, you will also see a fading yet visible scar slithering along the skin towards his elbow, a total of 20 cm in length, though he wouldn't tell anyone about it, nor would people actually see it as he keeps his sleeves down despite being in warm temperatures.

Personality: Devon thinks a lot, and I mean a lot. Being a 'multi-cultured' boy allows him to see things in different perspectives, normally a positive side and a negative side. This allows Devon to stay in the gray area while watching all the action. Furthermore, he can easily identify and determine whether a specific action is worth it or not which aids him greatly when it comes to making decisions. However, all this would make him paranoid from time to time, striking unnecessary fear about making wrong choices straight into his heart. Fortunate for him, though, he has a fairly strong conscience and instinct acting as his backup, allowing him to carry on with his sense of justice and equality (something he needs to emphasize on; you do not want to argue about justice and unfair situations).

Action wise, Devon isn't the sporty type. Sure, he can run, but if he doesn't have to, he surely wouldn't. As a more 'spiritual' person, he needs his privacy from time to time, giving him a chance to meditate and calm his mind in attempt to set a barrier against the frustrating events around him. Love is something glorious in Devon's mind, and he's still trying to find 'the one'...but to no avail, unfortunately. Either way, he's generally a considerate and calm trainer - an important asset to any team out there that's waiting for his arrival.

History: When you look at Devon's innocent and truth-seeking smile, you would never have expected that he spent his childhood in one of the most depression towns in the entire Pokemon universe. Indeed, he was born in Lavender Town, an area full of death and woe (at least, before the big renovation, which hadn't happened during his childhood). As a young child, Devon was pretty much what he is now - a seeker of truth and fairness between two individuals, a supporter and listener that was willing to help almost anyone in town. However, kids his age knew about that and took advantage of him, causing young Devon to suffer from bullying. That large scar on his left arm was one of the remaining evidence of his past life, acting as reminder of how much he had once suffered because of inconsiderate people. During that time, he was sad, depressed even, knowing that it wasn't fair that he was being bullied only because he was caring for others.

To make it worse, his mother died shortly after the beginning of his childhood misery, creating a large, emotionless void in Devon's heart.

That soon changed though when his father acknowledged his son's condition and decided to move him to somewhere better - the Novia region at the age of nine. There, Devon was able to meet new friends (and even a crush though that didn't work out TOO well at the end~) that were happy to mend the scars not only on his skin but also in his heart. Now, with an attitude that was almost as cheerful as he had been before, the young trainer is finally ready to embark himself on the adventure of his life.

Chosen Starter: Devon is lucky enough to get his hands on a playful male Litwick named Kindle, which is more than delighted to be his guiding light in the dark. However, there are quite a number of differences between the trainer and the trained. First of all, Kindle, still a young Litwick, is almost forever playful and not moody like Devon. Secondly, Kindle acts as Devon's instincts from time to time, making quick decisions when he can't. However, both of them are equally as considerate when they need to be, and they would never refuse to aid one another, even if it means blowing off the 'light' on a little candle's head.

Any other info: Though psychic and ghost types SEEM to be his favorite, it's actually Fighting or Grass.

Last edited by Fenne-kun; February 25th, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:50 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Accepted. A very well written and interesting character.

@Yoshi - I have had to remove your reservation for eevee but you are still welcome to Sign-Up.

We need more female characters xD

Last edited by gimmepie; February 25th, 2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
When are we gonna start? x3 Anything we need to know in specific when it comes to storyline?

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:04 AM
blaziken153
Togepi

i also have a question, will there be a list of the pokemon we can catch in that route?
Challanges:

Completed challanges:
The Formulated challange

Old February 26th, 2013, 01:22 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

There is no real "story" right now except that of the journey (not every trainer can save the world haha) but it is quite possible an interesting sub-plot (other than your own personal development etc) could develop.

We start as soon as the IC thread is accepted by Skymin.

There is a list of pokemon you can catch both within Coriolis and on Route 1 in the original post and I'm going to say that these pokemon shouldn't have moves that are too powerful and can only know three when caught, what they have (as long as they can learn it in the games) is entirely up to you though. Remember not to go any further than route one or very near Dew town in chapter one.

Any other questions?

Edit: It has recently come to my attention that there is a serious flaw in the mechanics of catching wild pokemon at this point in time so I will be making a small change. You can feel free to encounter as many wild pokemon as you like but some set rules for captures and encounters really need to be in place. These rules are below

1. You may encounter any of the evolutionary relatives of the pokemon listed as available in each route but only the pokemon listed may be caught.
2. The success of your capture will be determined by the GM (me) based on a few criteria such as post detail.
3. The moves of captured pokemon will also be determined by the GM (still me).
4. You may describe it's gender and personality in any way you choose.
5. Shiny pokemon will not be able to be captured UNLESS the opportunity is presented as a special event.

If you have any concerns at all about this method you can feel free to raise them but I feel as though this is a necessity for the RP in order to keep it fair whilst still keeping the focus on the players freedom.

Last edited by gimmepie; February 26th, 2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:39 AM
blaziken153
Togepi

How long dose it usually take for a IC thread to be accepted
Challanges:

Completed challanges:
The Formulated challange

Old February 26th, 2013, 09:52 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. It really just depends on when the moderator has time to go through all the submitted RPs. Should be up fairly soon though
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:16 AM
blaziken153
Togepi

i have one more question about the pokemon capturing could you give me an example of that please?
Challanges:

Completed challanges:
The Formulated challange

Old February 26th, 2013, 10:20 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Basically you would battle the pokemon you want to catch and then I'll let you know in a small note whether the catch is successful or not, and if so, what moves it has, based on how interesting, detailed and well written your post is (or perhaps if I feel it will develop your character well). Then in your next post you complete the capture and move on.
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Um, don't think of me as a n00b, but how do you make that header bar for our post as I'm not sure how to do it...

White 2:
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:29 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Just copy it from a quote xD
And you're hardly a noob, that's as far as my knowledge in formatting goes really.
Old February 28th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Ride The Yoshi
~ Diversity is the key ~

Nature: Naive
Sorry it took so long... School had been *****-slapping me lately.

Name: Adam Kerrigan

Appearance: Standing at 6'1 and weighing 170 lbs, Adam is of average height and weight for his age, however, his musculature is not as well-tones as other kids his age. He has a rather tanned complexion, due to years of living in the tropics of Novia. Adam has short, dirty blond hair that is styled into somewhat of a fauxhawk, and amber green eyes with hints of copper in them. He is never without a dubious look spread across his face, which sometimes makes it hard for others to decipher his emotions.

Apparel-wise, Adam aims for comfort rather than style. When travelling, he dons a pair of cargo jeans held up by a leather belt that also functions as a place to put Pokeballs for easy access, and a red and white plaid shirt. He also often wears a pair of black combat boots. On his back Adam carries a grey rushsack to hold most of his necessary trainer items. He has a Sharpedo tooth necklace, a gift from his father, strung around his neck, as well.

Personality: Adam is mainly an outward, down-to-earth young man, loaded with a love for adventure and exploration. He is kind-hearted and is generally open to making new friends, but can be belligerent in the heat of battle. Adam strives to do the very least possible, whilst getting the job done and isn't keen on hard work. Despite this, he hates being beaten out by others, his ultimate shortcoming. Adam is very laid back and tries not to be rash in making decisions. He enjoys taking things at his own pace.

Adam isn't normally one to hold grudges, but takes most insults to heart. He often makes assumptions based on first impressions. Although he is generally accepting of others' differences, this has given him a cynical expression that is always present on his face. Adam also has a sickening hatred for all evil organizations in the world. It makes him full of anger and rage that people would treat Pokemon so horribly.

History: Adam's parents resided in Coriolis Town their whole lives and he is no different. He prefers life in the small coastal town over that of a large city because he likes hearing his own thoughts over the sound of people's shoes rushing around on the pavement once in a while. Adam had a relatively small family which leads to why he supposed his parents pampered him so, being that he grew up in an averagely-sized Victorian style manor. Adam would often go off to explore the forests and beaches around Coriolis Town and play with the wild Pokemon that inhabited those areas. Adam spent a lot of time around the docks, as he had been raised in a maritime atmosphere. He developed a love for fishing and now never leaves home without the Great Rod a friend had given to him.

At the age of 14, Adam got into battling as a sport. He began watching tapes of famous trainers pitting their Pokemon against each other in the Pokemon League and other such tournaments. Unlike his mother and father, world-renowned researchers on the history of Pokemon, Adam decided he would take a different path when he left on his journey: that of a trainer. His parents being slightly friendly with Professor Palm due to their studies, he was ecstatic to find out that, as a present for his fifteenth birthday, he would be able to receive a starter Pokemon from the professor the next day. As a small parting gift, his mother bestowed upon Adam a Luxury Ball to keep his new partner in, realizing how important their relationship would be.

Chosen Starter: Dante (Eevee l Male)
Dante is a mischievous Pokemon with a love for attentions. He enjoys getting into trouble and has a signature high-pitched giggle that he uses when pulling a prank. Dante is a bit of a lone wolf and likes to play by his own rules, but is loyal to his trainer and companions.

Any other info: Adam is a tad indecisive. He won't have an easy time choosing which Eeveelution to evolve Dante into.
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I would love to start with Aron please, if that's ok :D (first roleplay!)

Name: Sid Norm

Appearance: Sid's skin is of a olive tone, because of the tropical nature of the Novia region. His hair is very dark brown and is ruffed to the side. Sid stands to 5'8" and is standard weight for his height. His eyes are vibrant green and stand out. Sid normally always has a grin in his face, which compliments to his determined nature.

Sid sports a plain dark, maroon shirt underneath a slick black jacket (like Ash's but long-sleeved) which has a gold PokeBall logo in-front of the chest pocket and a zip. Sid also wears dark blue Denim jeans which has a brown belt and standard sneakers. His backpack is yellow with red accents in colour.

Finally, Sid always hangs a necklace in his neck which has an cracked emerald hanging down on it. The colour is very similar to the colour of Sid's eyes and was a gift from his grandparents when Sid was only 5.

Personality: Sid is of a determined type and always has an optimistic look to every challenge ahead of him. Unfortunately however, although Sid is determined, he doesn't like to work with others; he would much rather do everything himself, as the way he wants to. Sid hates it when he sees people being lazy and always likes to put everything on a job he has been given; whether it be as small as washing the dishes. His enthusiasm can be an annoyance or a great pleasure to a person.

Sid's passion mainly lies in Pokemon battles; although his never been in one, after he watched his first Pokemon battle when he was eight, Sid has been hooked and aspires to be one day the Novia League champion.

History: Sid wasn't originally was from Coriolis Town; his parents moved from Goldenrod City in the Johto Region to settle down on a much quieter town. Before the day the family moved it was Sid's fifth birthday, and his grandparents, who had came to say goodbye, gave the emerald necklace to Sid then. Sid has wore it always ever since.

Sid's father, Bateson, was a Pokemon trainer before he stopped to create a family with Sid's mother, Tiffany. Bateson had a preference of Steel-typed Pokemon when he used to be a trainer, and his best and favourite Pokemon was a very high-leved Aggron, which he had raised ever since he caught it as a Aron in his journey. After one day hearing his son's dream of challenging the Novia League when he grew up, Bateson planned to give his son a Pokemon as a present in his sixteenth birthday to kick-off his adventure.

Chosen Starter: When Sid's sixteenth birthday came, Sid's father gave him a breeded male Aron, who once was an egg from Bateson's two Aggrons. Sid named his first Pokemon Rocky because of his Rock Head ability. Rocky can be clumsy at times and also carefree, but he does share the same grit determination like his trainer. Him and Sid seemed like a perfect match in terms of personality.

Any other info: Although determined on nearly everything, one thing that Sid seemed to be careless about was his cleanliness. Ever since he was a little kid Sid didn't like having showers and so used to stay dirty for weeks before his mom forced him in the bathroom.

If you feel like I should add more, then just feel free to tell me. Thanks!
Paired with gimmiepie.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Yoshi and Sid you are both accepted but for you Yoshi this comes with the stipulation that you'll remain much more active than during the SU process. I'll update the OP soon and I'm looking forward to RPing with you.
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Ride The Yoshi
~ Diversity is the key ~

Nature: Naive
Don't worry about. The past week has been a pain for me, but I was able to finish the papers that were making it hard for me to finally complete the application.
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:58 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Okay, we shall see how it goes then.
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:56 PM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I have a quick question; on my sign-up post I wrote that my dad gave me my first Pokem ion and in the OP it says that the professor gave the trainers their first Pokemon. Is it okay with you if I structure my role play with my dad giving my first Pokemon? Thanks in advance.
Paired with gimmiepie.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:42 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I'm going to let it go (mostly because you're new). Just follow everything else :D

Edit: The IC is up and ready! I'll post a section giving chapter details and then have at it!

Edit: Is there any confusion with Chapter One? If so let me know and I'll happily clear things up for you.

Last edited by gimmepie; March 2nd, 2013 at 07:04 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here