The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Lost Christmas
Extra coated with nice hot syrup!
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Name: Caitlin Cattleya

Appearance: I will be taking on the role of Elite four member Caitlin before she became such a well known trainer following her life through the Novia league and being offered her role at the Battle Frontier. Caitlin is white, blue eyes and Light Brown hair. Seeing as her hometown is unkown it works perfectly for the roleplay!

Caitlin as her 14 year old self.

Personality: Caitlin is very shy person at her age, she doesn't like to talk to other people and likes to keep herself secret from the rest of the world.

History: As I mentioned before Caitlin is a shy person until one day she is forced to conquer her fear of the world and is pushed into starting a pokemon journey after turning 14, she was supposed to have started a journey at the age of 10 but put it off due to her fear of other people and pokemon, she is determined to conquer her fair and bond with her future pokemon! Will this happen only time will tell!

Chosen Starter: Elgyem.

Any other info: I don't actually know if it's okay for me to use existing people within the pokemon universe but I feel because Caitlin doesn't have a hometown that Novia would work as a great start for her and seeing as the last starter pokemon to be chosen is Elgyem is would play perfectly into where her love for Psychic pokemon came from trust me to make this adventure work for both me and Caitlin!

~ Shihoko Hirata feat. Lotus - Beauty of Destiny ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~ MyAnimeList ~

Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I don't mind you having a character based loosely on Caitlyn but I'd rather you did not play as an already existing character. Especially at a younger age since this RP in no way takes place in the past.

As for the actual quality of you SU (Sign-Up); I like how you characterise but you need to include more detail in nearly all aspects.

Description: An actual description of your characters appearance is mandatory even if you include a picture.

History: Why is she shy? Has something happened to make her like this? Has she always lived in Novia? Has anything significant ever happened to her in her life?

Starter: This contained none of the information I asked for in the SU.

I'll say this one more time, just in case, I have no issue with you basing your character off of Caitlyn but you cannot play as Caitlyn herself. I appreciate your characterisation of her, our RP does need a character like that, just fix up your sign-up. I'll put Elgyem as reserved so nobody can take your spot whilst you fix your SU.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Lost Christmas
Extra coated with nice hot syrup!
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I don't mind you having a character based loosely on Caitlyn but I'd rather you did not play as an already existing character. Especially at a younger age since this RP in no way takes place in the past.

As for the actual quality of you SU (Sign-Up); I like how you characterise but you need to include more detail in nearly all aspects.

Description: An actual description of your characters appearance is mandatory even if you include a picture.

History: Why is she shy? Has something happened to make her like this? Has she always lived in Novia? Has anything significant ever happened to her in her life?

Starter: This contained none of the information I asked for in the SU.

I'll say this one more time, just in case, I have no issue with you basing your character off of Caitlyn but you cannot play as Caitlyn herself. I appreciate your characterisation of her, our RP does need a character like that, just fix up your sign-up. I'll put Elgyem as reserved so nobody can take your spot whilst you fix your SU.
I shall remove myself from the roleplay, I am not a good improviser and find it would make more sense to follow a roleplay in the way I was trying to mold Caitlin already, as for the lack of description I was really tired when I wrote it so that is why it lacks depth I apologize for that.

~ Shihoko Hirata feat. Lotus - Beauty of Destiny ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~ MyAnimeList ~

Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Well I can respect that decision and I hope to roleplay with you at some time in the near future.

Elgyem is still reserved, now by Kezius.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:00 PM
Kezius
Mime Jr.

Here we go. If it needs fixing or expanding let me know.

Spoiler:

Name: Taegan Power

Appearance:
Teagan is a Caucasian male of 5’11, 187lbs. He is very fit and takes pride in his appearance. He has shaggy greyish colored hair and hazel eyes.

Teagan wears blue jeans and a brown jacket, he rarely wears a shirt under the jacket and it is usually left open. Brown bracers are worn on both wrists and on his right is a black, beaded bracelet. A matching necklace is hung around his neck and a grey shaded hat is worn almost all the time.

There are three scratch marks on his left cheek from a misfortune with an ill-tempered Ratata in Dew Town when he was young.

Personality:
Teagan is ambitious and easy going, he prefers to be alone seeing as how he was alone most of his life, and he has a rough time in crowds. Often shy or finding himself not fitting in. He’s headstrong and determined to conquer both his shy awkwardness and the Novia league. Hopefully in that order. He’s extremely active, refusing to take breaks at anything until he can’t continue any longer. More often than not this gets him in a tight spot because he runs out of energy at the worst times.

Though not often, Teagan can be short tempered, usually when tired. He’s not one to back down from a challenge and he often gets in over his head.

History:
Teagan was born and raised in Dew Town, he always had a fascination of Pokemon and when he was young (before Novia had an established league of it’s own) he dreamt of travelling to one of the other regions to partake in a league. However, just before he became of age his mother took ill.

With his father rarely home it was up to Teagan to care for his mom. He did everything he could for her for several years (age 10 to just before he turned 16) but a few weeks before his 16th birthday his mother died. Grief stricken and hurt Teagan was rarely seen outside his house for the next 4 months.

When he finally started to force himself to get out and interact with the town again he was filled in on many things he hadn’t paid attention to over the last few years. Mainly, the newly formed Novia League. This sparked a fire in Teagan and he vowed to conquer the League for his mother. He spent the next several months preparing and getting back into shape for his journey. Now 17 he set out to Coriolis Town to receive his starter Pokemon and get his journey underway.

Chosen Starter: Elgyem - Female - Nicknamed Gem, for the gem like lights on her hands. Gem is outgoing and happy at all times. She always looks for the good in people/Pokemon and has a hard time comprehending “evil”. This gets her in some tough spots, but she shouldn’t be taken lightly, when push comes to shove she is quiet powerful and a handy ally to have.

Pokemon Trainers Academy:
C.J. Styles
Lexi Styles

Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia
Taegan Power

Pokemon Fallout:
Ignis Gerentis-Torch(Magmar)

Fulgur Gerentis-Static(Electabuzz)
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Accepted Kezius, I'd never considered the loophole that a character could easily have been living somewhere else, travelling to Coriolis to get their pokemon. Based on what I have seen of you in other RPs I'll leave this be. I don't see how he has been alone most of his life if he spent all that time taking care of his mother but apart from that small flaw everything is all good. I'd appreciate you fixing that, butt you're in regardless.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:23 PM
Kezius
Mime Jr.

I more so meant that in - he was taking care of his mother the whole time so he had little time for other interactions. No friends and such. I can easily change it if required though.

C.J. Styles
Lexi Styles

Taegan Power

Pokemon Fallout:

Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:45 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

That's all good now you have clarified
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:01 AM
Kezius
Mime Jr.

Alright, I'll start posting tomorrow, it's 5am here at the moment and time for some much needed sleep.

C.J. Styles
Lexi Styles

Taegan Power

Pokemon Fallout:

Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:11 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Okay Kezius, looking forward to it.

@Eeveelution Coordinator, Minnesotan Gamer, JasonWolf, Blaziken 153, Ride the Yoshi - Please post in the IC ASAP so I don't mistakenly think you have become inactive.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:32 AM
MinnesotanGamer
Insert Something Interesting

Nature: Calm
Yeah, definitely will fairly soon! Life threw me a curveball, but I am fairly certain things are back to normal. A post should be comin up later today.

Edit: stupid autocorrect

Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:43 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

haha, gotta love autocorrect. No worries, it wasn't a "POST NOW OR ELSE", the main function of that was just to remind everyone to post as soon as they have the free time. I need to be sure everyone is going to be active before the RP gets in too far is all
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Okay, going to post soon, but have a few questions.

Are there held items (like Razor Claw, Macho Brace, Miracle Seed, etc.)?

Can we nickname our Pokemon if we did not do so in our SU?

And, if a Pokemon has a branched evolution (Tyrogue, Wurmple etc.) that involves Personality Values or stats, do we choose evolution?

White 2:
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I should probably post part two of the first chapter for my character haha. I'll do it tomorrow though, it's quite late here in London, maybe tomorrow morning or afternoon.
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:45 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

@Eevee - People keep pointing out things I hadn't thought of o.O so on the subject of held items I'll say this: Held items do not exist simply because I can't actually imagine an ekans battling with a bucket of sludge in its mouth. Similarly evolutions normally requiring a held item or trade (NOT a stone) will happen naturally.

You may nickname your pokemon even if you did not in your SU. But be consistent.

As for branched evolutions, evolutions are decided on by me in regards to timing so it makes sense to me that what it evolves into also would. You can request things but I will make no guarantee that's where I'll go with this. In the case of Oddish I will most likely give you a choice between two stones later in the RP.

@Scyke - Sure thing. Just don't post twice in a row (make sure there's someone else between all of your posts).
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:37 PM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Aye, I think I should be able to post later today too. Haven't had a fantastic amount of time to pay attention to posting in the IC, and I was sort of waiting on the other participants who hadn't posted here yet to get their chance at making their first post in the IC. I'll get to work on it somewhere in the afternoon.

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old March 6th, 2013, 07:07 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Keep up the good posts guys. Just a few more to go until everyone has posted.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:32 PM
blaziken153
Togepi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to blaziken153
Going to post my first part today, sorry it took a while i had a lot to do

Completed challanges:
The Formulated challange
Psychic Monotype challange
The Eeveelutions Challange

Old March 7th, 2013, 01:30 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

That's fine Blaze. Looking forward to it. I'll probably do my third today also.
Old March 7th, 2013, 02:38 AM
blaziken153
Togepi

Posted the first part hope it is good for you.

Completed challanges:
The Formulated challange

Old March 7th, 2013, 06:59 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Thank you for posting Blaze. Just a few more first posts to go.

As for the rest of you, don't be afraid to post more just because others are yet to. All characters progress at their own speed, so there's nothing to worry about.
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Got my second update of chapter one out! Hoping to end off Route 1 tomorrow or sometime soon.
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Sure thing. I'm in the process of working out chapter two right now. I will let you know this though, chapter two will be the first with required character interaction (not necessarily battling, but on that not, be sure to re-read all rules before a player v player battle).

Looking forward to everyone's posts. If you have not made your first post yet please be sure to have done so by the time chapter 2 has begun. I don't want people falling behind because that causes huge problems in a chapter based RP. Keep up the good work everyone
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:58 AM
blaziken153
Togepi

i have a question, will there be an evil team in Novia?

Completed challanges:
The Formulated challange

Old March 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

No there will not be an evil team in Novia (why would they target a small barely known region?). There will however be some minor antagonists introduced later on in the story.

Chapter 1 UPDATE

Abel's catch was a success! Abel's new Spearow knows Peck, Growl and Sky Attack (not to be frequently used) and has the ability Keen Eye.

Devon's catch was a success! Devon's new Swablu knows Peck, Growl and Ice Beam and has the ability Natural Cure.

Glyn's catch was a success! Glyn's new Spearow knows Peck, Growl and Leer and has the hidden ability Sniper.

Dan's catch was a success! Dan's new Togepi knows Peck, Metronome and Charm and has the ability Serene Grace.
*Note - since it took such a beating from your Vanilite be sure to remember it won't be destroying anyone in battle with ease any time soon.
Chapter 2 has been posted. You may start it as soon as you are ready. Minnesotan Gamer, Eeveelution Coordinator and Yoshi you will need to have posted in chapter 1 before the beginning of chapter 3 or you will have fallen too far behind.

Sid's catch was a success! Sid's new Swablu knows Peck, Growl and Roost and has the ability Natural Cure.
*Note - I was nice enough to let it slide this time but please don't finalise a catch until you check the OOC from now on.

Last edited by gimmepie; March 9th, 2013 at 05:36 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here