The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:54 AM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
By any chance, do you have the Shiny Charm from Prof. Juniper? Still, that's pretty good, I know shiny hunters spend a lot of time hunting, how much time did it take you to find all those shinies?
Yes, I do have the shiny charm, definitely helps find them easily. I'll spend at minimum a week in one area and if nothing I'll go somewhere else, completely at random.

Some took longer than others to find. Mareep took only about 2 or 3 days. Audino took longer than expected, training by battling hundreds of them. I don't recall how long it took to find Gligar. I actually just found Tranquil last week within 2 or 3 days as well. I just moved my location looking to find either Poliwhirl or Politoed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Ten View Post
...looking to find either Poliwhirl or Politoed.
So I just caught a shiny Poliwhirl. WAT DO. or

I **** you not, today, one day after I caught the shiny Poliwhirl (which I picked Poliwrath btw) I caught a shiny Roselia. I was looking for not even a half hour when I found it. Even with the Shiny Charm I'm getting TOO lucky.

EDIT: 2 Days later, I caught a shiny Sandshrew.

Last edited by Khrysta; June 18th, 2013 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Triple posting...bad
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Okazaki~Tomoya
A place were dreams come true

Nature: Quiet
So what ratio does the lucky charm cut down the chances of finding a Shiny too? i'm not very wise on finding shiny pokemon so what methods reduce the chance to its most accurate form in white and black 2?
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:00 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I've just traded over all my Shinies from my Black save to my Black 2 save. (x2 Golems, 1 Sunkern, 1 Vulpix and 1 Gyarados)

Their origins being from my SoulSilver save.
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:56 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Ten View Post
The chances of encountering a shiny with the Shiny Charm is increased by 300%. Without it, there is a 1 in 2730.6 chance. With it, it increases to 1 in 1365.3.
Actually you have a 1 out of 8192 or a 0.012% chance. The Shiny Charm increases your chances to 1 in 2,730.6 or a 0.036% chance. You must have misread the information some where else. 1 in 1365.3 or a 0.073% chance is the Masuda Method. However using the Shiny Charm in conjunction with the Masuda Method results in a 1 in 1024 or a 0.097% chance of getting a Shiny.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Actually you have a 1 out of 8192 or a 0.012% chance. The Shiny Charm increases your chances to 1 in 2,730.6 or a 0.036% chance. You must have misread the information some where else. 1 in 1365.3 or a 0.073% chance is the Masuda Method. However using the Shiny Charm in conjunction with the Masuda Method results in a 1 in 1024 or a 0.097% chance of getting a Shiny.
Yeah, I did misread it, sorry. On serebii the way they worded its details confused me. http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/shinycharm.shtml

Man, took me nearly two weeks to get another shiny. Just got a shiny Liepard yesterday.

Last edited by Khrysta; June 18th, 2013 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Double posting. Shame.
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:00 AM
pokekid3000
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to pokekid3000
I have got a shinny Celebi, I've got trade it from the internet. But how can you find/get a real shiny pokemon? please help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
I got the shiny Dratini that Benga gives you in White 2, green Dragonite is way suckier than orange Dragonite, but eh, it's a Shiny!
I also found a wild Boldore that I trade back and forth with my friend so it would turn into a SHINY GIGALITH!

I found a shiny Sigilyph as well! Except it used whirlwind...

I'm new here, what c

an you do with a friend code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
I got the shiny Dratini that Benga gives you in White 2, green Dragonite is way suckier than orange Dragonite, but eh, it's a Shiny!
I also found a wild Boldore that I trade back and forth with my friend so it would turn into a SHINY GIGALITH!

I found a shiny Sigilyph as well! Except it used whirlwind...

Sorry, I'm new here, what can you do with a friend code?

Last edited by pokekid3000; June 17th, 2013 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekid3000 View Post
I have got a shinny Celebi, I've got trade it from the internet. But how can you find/get a real shiny pokemon? please help me
I'm new here, what c
an you do with a friend code?
Sorry, I'm new here, what can you do with a friend code?
Shiny pokemon in the wild are extremely rare even if you manage to get the Shiny Charm from completing the pokedex. There's no 'real' way to find them in the wild other than to just look for long periods of time. It doesn't long every time, though. I was lucky enough to find a shiny within 15 minutes of looking. But what the person you quoted was talking about is a given shiny. Depending on what game you have, if you have White 2 you can go to the White Treehollow and eventually battle Benga who, if defeated, will give you a shiny Dratini. If you have Black 2 you go to Black Tower, defeat Benga and he'll give you a shiny Gible. If you complete the Unova Dex, you will also get a plane pass (from Juniper) to go find a shiny Haxorus.

Friend Codes are for communicating with other people through wi-fi.
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:43 AM
zroc
Pokemon trainer

Nature: Modest
I have been pokemon scene the original red and blue, (i know shiny pokemon were not introduced until silver and gold) . I have never seen a wild shiny pokemon. I know it's all random and the odds are very high. If anyone has any advice like amount of time i should spend in one area, it would be a huge help.
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:08 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Just recently, myself and a friend of mine were trying to complete the 'Seen' section of the Regional Dex to gain access to the Nature Preserve, the place with the Shiny Haxorus. It didn't take too long, and I was pleased when I caught it.
After this, I decided to catch everything else that was in the area, while I was there. So I went for a surf, and came across this:

Just a plain ol' Red Basculin, right?

Wrong.

Apparently, this qualifies as a 'Shiny Pokémon', despite being merely a shade or two brighter.

I'm happy that I managed to come across a 'legit' shiny directly after being given one by the game, but I wish it were an Altaria or something else that appears in that area. :/ This is the only shiny I've found to date in White 2.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
I found my first Shiny ever. I then proceeded to kill said Shiny in one hit. >.>

I don't like Ratata anyway. Hmph!
Old June 26th, 2013, 06:20 PM
FennekinFox

I have not caught any wild shinies or bred any in W2, but I did finally catch that shiny Haxorus in the Nature Reserve. And I got a great shiny Vulpix bred for me from someone today! It made me happy. I did also get a shiny Bagon from the GTS but not sure if it is legit so I haven't trained it yet.
I have had shiny experiences in SoulSilver though. I caught a shiny Manectric in the Safari Zone and accidentally ran from a shiny Rapidash. Also had a shiny Charmander traded to me.
And on Emerald I caught a shiny Trapinch who is now a shiny Flygon and is on SoulSilver.

Will add my Black and SoulSilver FC later.
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:35 AM
ggrr

I remember finding my 109th shiny abra...

Old June 30th, 2013, 09:14 PM
AcidArmor
Haze

Nature: Naive
I caught a shiny Purrloin an hour into White 2...so far its the only shiny I've encountered to date in the fifth gen.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 11:28 PM
DothThouEvenHoist?

I've never gotten a shiny in any Pokemon game ever, but the time will come
I've been looking for one in Pokemon Black 2 for a long time now :/

Old July 6th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Nature: Adamant
On my Pokéballs only challenge for Black 2, I decided to be a bit more suicidal by catching every legendary, in a Pokéball, and shiny. Yeah. Of course, Zekrom wasn't shiny, and I don't think Kyurem can either. If Kyurem can, then I failed. But I got shiny Terrakion, Cobalion, and Virizion, along with a shiny Leavanny, Alomomola, and something else I'm not thinking of :/ Will copy over the save file and take screencaps later
Old July 6th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Arlo

I haven't caught any lately, but I haven't played much lately either. I don't hunt for them or anything - I just play the games and find them when I find them. I explore everything and train and evolve a lot of pokemon, so I fight a lot of battles through the course of a game, so I usually find at least one or two along the way.

So far in the fifth gen, I've caught a shiny Audino in Black and a shiny Swadloon (now a Leavanny) in Black 2. The Audino didn't surprise me much - I've fought so many of them that I was sure I'd run into at least one shiny along the way. The Swadloon was kind of cool though - it was entirely by chance, just making my way through Lostlorn Forest.
Old July 6th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Emerald_Fire
(Insert Espurr meme here)

In Black 2, I have a shiny Tranquil. It's a really high level for its species (Level 46 I think), and it was caught ON THE FIRST TRY with a Quick Ball. If you don't use Quick Balls, you should. I captured many a Pokemon that way. It's not part of my team, as everything is tougher (Except the Heavy Metal Bronzong, which I am training and finding a use for its rare ability. Found in a Grotto!)
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
Kyurem can be shiny.

The only ones that cannot be shiny are Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom. The game was programmed in a way such that wild Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom can never be shiny.

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Ràinbowdàsh

Nature: Modest
I got a shiny eevee, omastar, hitmontop, mightyena and a female combee
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

After nearly three weeks I finally hatched a shiny Shuckle.
Old July 16th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Éclair
that's my girl
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I did come across my very first shiny Pokemon in Black 2! It was a Zubat in Castelia City's sewers. I was lucky to catch it before Hugh defeated it, but I was an idiot and forgot to transfer Zubat to my Black file and just deleted the B2 one. :c
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Fawx

Nature: Quirky
I haven't gotten any shinies in BW2 yet, tho I am trying to get shiny Eevee with Masuda Method.
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
KradTone
Ace Trainer

I hatched a shiny Eevee, Larvesta, and somehow cam across a shiny Deerling (got away/fainted it) and a shiny Vanillite. (caught)
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:49 PM
ben96atkinson
Pokémon Spiral

Nature: Relaxed
I first saw a shiny Ditto, in Cerulean cave when I didn't know what it was, wondered why it was blue... Didn't catch it! Then I came across a shiny Duskull at route 121 and didn't catch it becaus I ran out, dare say I nearly cried. But I have now caught a shiny Duskull and sent it to white 2! It is now a Dusclops, permanent spot in my team. I also have a shiny Cobalion from soft resets. No I don't have a lucky charm, or have never used a shiny helping device.
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Wow. It's interesting that some people get emotional over a missed shiny Pokemon.

Anyway, the first thing I'll say is I never found a shiny in my life. I'm at the moment focusing on getting a shiny Dratini, which is available at the White Treehollow.

At the Desert Resort Pokemon outbreak I thought I'd caught a shiny Hippowdon, which was gray instead of yellow, but didn't realize it was the female counterpart.

Just a question: Does any battle subway trainer (Waiters etc.) have shiny Pokemon? I don't know any so far.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links