Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Moose
Pokemon Master,

Nature: Quirky
Caught a shiny Yamash in a quick ball, named her Cleopatra. Also got a salamence in the GTS, and a Scyther that I found in Platinum was later transferred.
If I were to have a "Dream team," this would be it.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:10 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
No, unfortunately not in BW2. While I was training in BW though, I did find a shiny zigzagoon, but I killed it.

In Diamond, I hatched a shiny squirtle. I was so happy, I don't know why in the world I traded it!
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM
xavient
GameboyLuke

Only shinies I ever encountered were in Gold, found a shiny Ryhorn in victory road had no idea what it was so I ran away ;~;. I also found a shiny Psyduck in the safari zone on my ruby game!.. but other than that, nope. :c
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Riolucario11
Bubbly Wubbly Pony Waifu

Nature: Naughty
The only shinies I've found was a shiny Feebas, which I was hugely stoked about, that I transferred to my BW team later on (totally forgot which game I had found it in .3.").

The other one I've found was a shiny Meinshao, which I killed with one hit, thanks to my glorious Chandelure...Wasn't that glorious of a moment.

~Madness~?
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:56 PM
xavient
GameboyLuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolucario11 View Post
The only shinies I've found was a shiny Feebas, which I was hugely stoked about, that I transferred to my BW team later on (totally forgot which game I had found it in .3.").

The other one I've found was a shiny Meinshao, which I killed with one hit, thanks to my glorious Chandelure...Wasn't that glorious of a moment.
Holy crap Feebas!? Luckyyy! ;o

Forgot to mention that I did have a Shiny Noctowl in my Silver version too... After I realised that shiny Pokémon were good... and not glitches ahahah!
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Blackbox

Nature: Careful
NONE

POKEMON HATES ME

...I did get a shiny Magmar once on the GTS, but no way to conform if that was legit or not...
Old July 27th, 2013, 07:45 PM
hughes

Nature: Quirky
Very excited to say that I got my first RE shiny yesterday on Black 2! It was a lv 55 Audino, and it pretty much snuck up on me since I didn't have the sound on and I wasn't looking at the screen when it appeared. Luckily had my Watchog in my party and it didn't use Double-edge, so I was able to catch it easily. I'm so glad to have caught my own shiny, but I'm not sure how I'm going to use him yet.

Friend Safari:

My Trade Shop: Amestris Trade Shop & Breeding Services
My Pokemon Tumblr: Lumiose Cafe
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Infinite Latios
Champion

Nature: Impish
Just today, I obtained a Shiny Altaria via the GTS. Altaria is beautiful when it's shiny. And it's one of my favorite Dragon-types too. All it cost was one Ninetales. Or was it Rhyperior...? I like trading away pokemon I get on the GTS for better ones, but Altaria is a keeper.
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:27 PM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Nature: Calm
Found a shiny Horsea today! Now just to evolve it to a Kingdra.
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Water Gym Leader
Arlyn Aquos
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
I found a shiny Purrloin lv.9 caught it in an Ultra Ball and evolved it into Liepard and i love the red color.

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Sempiternal

Never had the chance to catch a shiny <:
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Therizinosaurus

nothing in black 2, but I recently bought white and not only caught pokerus off some wild pokemon but found a shiny karrablast. evolved it into escavalier and called it Pinkie. the only problem is that its stats aren't the best, and a 31 IV in speed isn't that good when your base speed is 20
my post to your liking?
Pokémon Y : 1864-8444-3175
Friend Safari: Tangela, Petilil, and gogoat
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Just caught a shiny Feebas and evolved it to Milotic! My luck is coming back! Hopefully I can find a shiny Absol to transfer to X for the new MegaAbsol.
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Grimwohl

Found my a shiny slowpoke in my first month of playing.
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Psyzav

Nature: Adamant
Finding a shiny Pokemon in gen 5 is nearly impossible for me... To put it into perspective I got the Pokerus before I found a shiny.
Recently the Pokemon gods have been watching over me, and infected my Pokemon with the Pokerus.
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:55 AM
*Icecold*
Bow down to Queen Meowstic

Nature: Hasty
In Black/White I found a shiny Audino. (It's purple!!)

In Black 2/White 2 I found another shiny Audino.

Shinies aren't even that big of a deal to me anymore... They're just different-looking.
This signature has been disabled.
Signature way too large. Try removing some lines or spaces!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Psyzav

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Icecold* View Post

Shinies aren't even that big of a deal to me anymore... They're just different-looking.
Out of pure curiosity, were you looking to catch in Audino in both games or was it just pure luck that you encountered two Audino's that were both shiny just walking through the grass. Interesting though, nice find.
Recently the Pokemon gods have been watching over me, and infected my Pokemon with the Pokerus.
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Personofsecrets

Have the odds of getting a shiny stayed the same across all of the games?
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personofsecrets View Post
Have the odds of getting a shiny stayed the same across all of the games?
Yes and no. To begin with, without hatching or acquiring the shiny charm, the chances are the same as all other games with a 1 out of 8192 chance. There is a method that has been introduced in prior games however called the Masuda Method (only from D/P and so on) when hatching which involves getting two Pokemon from completely different countries that somehow increase the odds of hatching a shiny to 3 out of 4096. The shiny charm, only introduced in BW2, increases the chances of finding a shiny to 1 out of 2730.
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:00 AM
youcantseeme_17
WWE Champion

Shiny Gible and Shiny Dratini are gifts from beating Alder's grandson.
I have shiny gible and my friend has shiny dratini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Icecold* View Post

LOL my friend used action replay for all shinies and then she got so tired of them so fast
This signature has been disabled.
Signature is much, much too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by youcantseeme_17; August 11th, 2013 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Pelipper. I'm just going to start listing what I find.
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:27 AM
MechVenom
A Wild Ampharos Has Appeared

Nature: Lonely
I Never find shinies in any game
Visit My Youtube www.youtube.com/MechVenom
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Psyzav

The other day posting on this thread saying how I was yet to find a shiny Pokemon in gen 5 actually changed today! I was trying to breed Charmanders to create an absolute beast of a Charizard. Timid nature, and maxed out EVs and perfect IVs for the timid nature. However during my conquest in doing so I hatched a shiny Charmander! It was a good surprise!
Old August 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

I haven't seen any shinies since a Mightyena in Sapphire (which went missing).

In fact, in all my years playing, I've only seen 3 shiny Pokémon (excluding the red gyarados in Johto).

Aside from the rareness factor though, are there really any differences between shiny and non-shiny Pokémon?
Patiently awaiting final versions of these hacks: TheJohto Legacy series - starting with the most complete one, the Christmas hack, Pokémon Liquid Crystal, Pokémon Crystal Dust, Pokémon DarkViolet, Pokémon Prism
Old August 14th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Pendraflare
If you think i'm burning out, I never am.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
For starters, there's the shiny Haxorus. Not long after I fully completed my Unova Dex back in November, I went to the Nature Preserve and brought my Synchronizer. First attempt at catching it was female with Mold Breaker. One Quick Ball, and it was mine. Even better, Adamant nature with 30 HP IV, 31 Attack and 29 Defense. While it's general fare, I think that was a pretty good pull.

I completed the National Pokédex and got the Shiny Charm back in May. First shiny i've found since getting it was a Petilil while I was EV training my new Nidoking in Victory Road a few weeks ago. It was in a double battle with a Roselia. I would have liked if it was the Roselia that was shiny, since Roserade is one of my favorite Pokémon, but hey, i'll take it.
Owner of the Wedlocke Challenge thread and Anime Style Challenge thread
3DS Friend Code: 0619 4289 2312
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links