The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old February 21st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
@EvilSkittles: You may! You got it for 2 days.

And holy crap all spots are filled weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:33 PM
king_nick72
Togepi

Nature: Hasty
yyyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy soon the journey can begin!!!!

Current things Im doing:
RP: Pokemon: The zeta emergence
Nuzlocke: Pokemon Platinum
Regular playthrough: Pokemon blaze black 2
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Hm, while we wait for the IC to be accepted hooooow about some brief discussion: Like, do you guys have any plans of any side-stories for your characters?

If you've read about my character, you'll know what she is in the middle of a family fued between the "main family" and her "branch family" on where she has the title of "Master" and the side family wants to gain that title of "master" for themselves. She's also going to have problems back at home where her mother wants her to stay and fulfill her responsibilities. D=

Ugh it's going to be an emotional ride. XD

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Hm, while we wait for the IC to be accepted hooooow about some brief discussion: Like, do you guys have any plans of any side-stories for your characters?

If you've read about my character, you'll know what she is in the middle of a family fued between the "main family" and her "branch family" on where she has the title of "Master" and the side family wants to gain that title of "master" for themselves. She's also going to have problems back at home where her mother wants her to stay and fulfill her responsibilities. D=

Ugh it's going to be an emotional ride. XD
From all the characters who have hometowns in Johto, it certainly will be a good journy by the sounds of it.

I think Azalea could be interesting, In Ffion's signup I mention how the forest has become more overgrown in the recent years which could be an interesting point to play off, how the whole area has become more wild and dangerous and so on.
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive
Hmmm, can't wait for this to start.

Feifei's actually a character in a story of mine, I like to explore new characters through roleplays to get a better feel of them. So there's definitely NPC's who will appear, I just need to think on how to Pokémonize them and weave them into the storyline of the rp. One thing I can assure is that this, too, shall not be devoid of emotional wreckage.

I am a horrible person when it comes to my characters.

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:03 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I know Mahogany Town for me shall be interesting; even with Geoff's parents accepting his choice they still don't like it. Let's bring Pokemon in the house shall we? Plus I have a few NPCs planned for myself. And a few curve balls I'm thinking about for all of you guys to have to run into...
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

I, for one, am very curious about what you'll do with Team Zeta, Jake.

Find me on:

Old February 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I can tell you that's one plot line I have fleshed out for the most part, and I'm rather happy with it. I'm trying to come up with some stuff for each individual RPer to have to do too, but I'm not sure how I want to implement it or when
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Sounds good, I'm pretty excited.

On another note, I think my harddrive just had a critical failure, my PC may well be dead which is pretty tragic. Confined to a laptop until I have the ¬200 pound to buy replacement parts I guess.
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:39 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Well that's not good =/ At least you have the laptop though!

And just for the record, for the rest of today and all day tomorrow I'm going to be quite scarce. In the case that the IC thread goes up, I have PMed Miss Doronjo the first chapter of the RP for him to post, just so no one has to wait because of me.
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:16 PM
king_nick72
Togepi

Olivine city is gonna be kinda weird for King. Since his aunt doesnt really like pokemon and im thinking of a little feud between them. ill think about it and when the time comes, i might do that feud.
(if im able to at least)

Current things Im doing:

Last edited by king_nick72; February 21st, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Well that's not good =/ At least you have the laptop though!

And just for the record, for the rest of today and all day tomorrow I'm going to be quite scarce. In the case that the IC thread goes up, I have PMed Miss Doronjo the first chapter of the RP for him to post, just so no one has to wait because of me.
You're a saint, that waiting would have driven me nuts if I'd noticed it go up.

And I may have just bought new 250gb SSD and a new 2tbHDD , which along with the new keyboard and mouse, means I've spent almost £300 on my PC in the last week 0-0.

I'm terrible with money.
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:29 PM
king_nick72
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
You're a saint, that waiting would have driven me nuts if I'd noticed it go up.

And I may have just bought new 250gb SSD and a new 2tbHDD , which along with the new keyboard and mouse, means I've spent almost £300 on my PC in the last week 0-0.

I'm terrible with money.
wow..... im surprised someone is worse with money then me

Current things Im doing:
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:00 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_nick72 View Post
wow..... im surprised someone is worse with money then me
I really am terrible.

In other news, a sneak preview of something I like to do for RP's i'm in:

Professor gold just got this, for a new trainer that he will be registering tomorrow morning:
Spoiler:

Old February 21st, 2013, 04:10 PM
king_nick72
Togepi

Quote:
I really am terrible.

In other news, a sneak preview of something I like to do for RP's i'm in:

Professor gold just got this, for a new trainer that he will be registering tomorrow morning:
Spoiler:

thats a sweet trainer card. or liscence to be in the league. whatever it is is awsome ^.^

Current things Im doing:
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:04 PM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Nature: Sassy
I'm tired, but I want to get what I have done so far up while I work on the finishing touches, just so everyone knows I'm still here and all.

Name: Jamie Holladen - Age 17 - Gender Male

Personality
"They called me a sissy, a crybaby, an unmanly weirdo! But I am gonna trounce the entire Johto League, and then they can just call me CHAMPION! Hah! Haha! Hahaha-EEEEEEEEEEKARATTATAGETITAWAYGETITAWAY!"

Jamie is no stranger to naysayers and negativity. Most people he spends an extended period of time with bear little respect or expectation of him, and he seems to draw bullies in like an ill-fated magnet. Jamie does his best to overlook this, and keeps a positive attitude while maintaining a healthy respect for himself and his abilities. He has the unfortunate habit of taking this confidence too far and acting like a bit of a know-it-all every now and then, and he has trouble trusting others implicitly due to the fact that he's been walked all over throughout his life. He's incredibly bouncy and has the tendency to get incredibly wound up, eventually behaving in an incredibly hyped up and energetic state. This hyperactivity thankfully doesn't seem to entirely extend to Jamie's decision making process, he'd have to be a lot more wound up than usual to start making really stupid moves. His energetic nature, unintentionally arrogant attitude and offbeat thought patterns led many of his classmates in the past to cruelly assume that he's mentally challenged, stupid and - come high school - gay. As a result, he becomes incredibly defensive when his intelligence and mental stability is brought into question, and he becomes downright hostile and confrontational when he comes across someone he feels is less than tolerant in their views of gender roles.

For all his composure and confidence, Jamie is exceptionally prone to hysterical, tearful and highly undignified emotional meltdowns. This is made all the more poignant with his tendency to scream and cry like a girl half his age, particularly when encountering pokemon that he's scared of like Rattata, Ariados, Rattata, Golbat and Rattata. Jamie attempts his absolute best to restrain himself so as to avoid humiliation and embarassment, but all that ever seems to serve is to make his inevietable breakdown all the more passionate and melodramatic. Weeding out his weepiness and hysteria may in fact be a hidden goal of his travels, although it's certainly not something he would actively voice. Despite the occasional impotent lashing out during his tantrums, Jamie seems to be incapable of acting in anger towards somebody, regardless of how they treat him. One could imagine that if he could fight back the tears long enought to be both angry and composed, the result would most assuredly not be pretty. Jamie's interests range through both the stereotypically masculine and femminine. Jamie has a particular love for romance novels and frequently tries to secretly read them under the guise of more guy-friendly reading material, be it through changing book covers or hiding a smaller book in a larger one. As a result Jamie is rather easily swept up in saccarine tales and events, and has the habit of gushing over a scene of love the same way other boys his age whoop at heart pounding action. He enoys fashion, and pours over different looks and styles with apolmb. His interest was groomed by watching Pokemon Contests day in and day out as a child, and as a result he frequently behaves flamboyantly like the coordinators he had admired as a kid. This flamboyance carries over to his other hobbies, like video games and cooking.

He seems incredibly self-aware of the fact that his femminine interests and hobbies are extremely outlandish for a boy to have. There have even been some points where Jamie has actively wondered if maybe, just maybe, he should just disappear off the face of the earth and come back as a girl just to throw off the judgement of his peers. Every now and then he gets so low that he even tries to see if he can make himself look the part. Jamie is more hung up on what people think of him than he lets on. He would never admit to feeling anything but apathy from the opinions from others, but he often finds himself dwelling on them in the middle of the night when he's alone. He's gotten so low that when somebody new mistakes him for a girl and compliments him, he doesn't bother to correct them. After all, at least they think that he's pretty...

Appearance:
Spoiler:

I did not make this. This much should be obvious. If I had even the slightest modicum of artistic talent I would be drawing an original appearance for my character instead of ripping of Naoto Shirogane's. I would probably make an original one altogether, but this picture... it just feels so appropriate.

"Huh? Oh, uh.... thanks... lots of people tell me I'm pretty..."

Jamie has a lot of girlish features that do little to help the perceived image of him. His slender and delicate frame, cherubic baby face and feathery hair leave many people pinning him as a girl. He has dyed his hair several different colours through his life, but has settled with a dark blue because it happens to be his favourite colour aside from pink. Jamie perfers to wear snappy and slim outfits that compliment his build, and he loves coats especially. He set out on his journey in a dark blue pea coat, but wears lighter clothes in warmer weather. His lighter clothes typically consist of the same dress pants he wears in warm weather and either button up dress shirts or novelty tees from games he plays. Jamie keeps his belongings in a large, pink over the shoulder bag. Anyone that tries to call it a purse will be deathglared.

History

Jamie is originally from Lilycove City, and while he has lived in a few other places since including Lavender Town, Saffron City and currently Goldenrod City, he remembers Lilycove the fondest. Perhaps it was the majesty of the Master level Pokemon Contests, maybe it was the beautiful ocean view, maybe it was just the extensive selection of plushies at the local department store. Whatever the reason, Jamie has never quite forgiven his parents completely for moving when he was about ten. He nonetheless owes them a great deal and he knows it. His parents were the ones to introduce him to the wonderful world of contests and coordinators, they always encouraged him in his pursuits, and they always defended him when others sought to bring him down. Even his father, despite admitting from time to time that Jamie is more like the daughter his wife always wanted instead of the son he always wanted, would accept and defend Jamie to the grave regardless of what he did with himself. This knowledge is probably what kept Jamie going through his darkest hours during his constantly shifting adolescent years. He always had trouble adjusting to new places with new neighbours and sights, and it got to the point where he'd look forward to the moment where his family would uproot themselves and move again instead of trying to make their current home work for him.

Unlike other children his age, Jamie largely held off on trying to set out on a pokemon training journey, wanting to do it back home in Hoenn where Contests were commonplace and actually as big a deal as the Pokemon League itself. Former trainers themselves, Jamie's parents constantly pushed him to take up the journey anyways, citing that it would be good character building for him. The matter eventually became a regular clash between parents and child, and Jamie would regularly stay out of the house for extended periods of time despite being a decidedly indoors person just to avoid the subject. He figured that maybe if he resisted hard enough, they'd move back to Lilycove where they "belonged". The boy spent much of his time nurturing his childish spite, going from a mildly optimistic and cheerful kid to an embittered, introverted teen. Unfortunately, you can't fight your own nature. Jamie tried to focus his attention on the arts and other pursuits, but his work generally wound up going full circle back to Pokemon at the end of the day. Of course, he was much too proud to admit anything of the sort. This pattern continued until Jamie's family moved to Goldenrod City.

Goldenrod was similar to Lilycove in many ways. Jamie's family lived there longer than they did in almost every other city. The similarities to Lilycove helped Jamie appreciate the city, and he slowly and begrudgingly accepted it as his new home. Jamie was particularly fond of going to the National Park and looking at the sights there. (Except during the Bug Catching Contest of course) It was at the National Park that Jamie saw people of every age spending time with Pokemon, trainers or not. The boy spent a lot of time talking with the trainers in the National Park, trying to convince himself that he was better off not going off to be a trainer. After a couple years of the same routine, however, Jamie realised that he wasn't going back to Lilycove any time soon and that he had squandered almost all of his childhood out of spite.

Finally reaching a decision, Jamie went to his parents about going on a training journey in Johto. They practically had him packed before he could finish. Together they had researched that he was still young enough to be elidgible to get a pokemon from an official professor, and sent Jamie on his way to New Bark Town.

Starter Selection

Solosis with Confuse Ray

RP Sample

(Nabbed the first two opening posts I made for an all villains RP I was in briefly. It's one of my favourite introduction posts that I've made.)

Spoiler:
The discussion between the alien and mob thug was quickly interrupted by muffled shouts from upstairs, followed by a thunderous rumbling and the dull roar of several footsteps from above. The sound soon became louder and louder, the rythmic pounding from above drawing closer until it could be heard echoing down the stairway. Two men suddenly filed down the stairs before splitting off and standing in attention on either side of the stairwell, grasping large, exotic looking black rifles. THey bore no barrel, but rather a thick rod at their end, which occasionally gave a bright blue spark and an electric crackle. The two men were garbed in the same armour, which consisted of dark, rusty red plates of some unidentifiable form of metal. The plates were smooth, polished and were streamlined to the point where the soldiers looked more like giant bugs armoured in chitin soaked in blood. Their faces were hidden behind reflective visors, making it seem as though there wasn't actually anything inside these imposing suits of armour. With a sudden war cry, more of the armoured soldiers flooded down the stairs, taking a place on either side of the stairway before standing with the same disciplined stillness as the first two. THere was a brief, a very, very brief period of dead silence before one of the soldiers, presumably one of the ones at the stairwell instead of one of the soldiers on the stairs, bellowed at the top of his lungs, the order coming out of his helmet in a loud, synthesized voice.

"Crimson Storm Company... SALUTE!" As the order was barked out, the soldiers all took their rifles and threw them over their shoulders, the weapons somehow sticking to the back of their armour as if attached by magnets. A roll of red carpet suddenly barreled down the stairs, rolling out as it went and finally reaching its end shortly before it would've hit the table. Once the carpet was fully rolled out, the soldiers reached for their hips, grasping a small metal disc. With what seemed to be a simple flick of the wrists, a long, saber-like blade burst out from the discs, and the soldier's hands quickly flicked to the side, allowing a hilt to come out of the discs' other end. The soldiers grasped their new weapons and held them up high towards eachother, creating an archway of crossed steel all the way down the stairs. All of this was done in a matter of seconds, and the lifting of the swords was accompanied by a unanimous, robust roar of "HAIL JAMESON!"

There was once again silence in the room, until there was suddenly a soft pinging noise. A small, red plastic ball suddenly bounced down the stairway, rolling as it reached the floor and slowly making its way to rest by Calignus's foot. "No wait! Come back, Ball!" A little girl's voice suddenly shouted. A small girl with pastel violet hair cut in a short pixie cut suddenly ran down the stairs in a panic, her hands covered in dark purple mittens that matched the two cat ears poking out of her hair and the long, fuzzy tail that was flailing about from under her frilly, white and blue party dress. The girl didn't seem to pay attention to any of the people in the room, be they soldier, alien, dragon or demon. Instead, she made a beeline for her ball, picking it up from Calignus' side and hugging it tightly to her body. "Baaaalll... I TOLD you not to go talk to strangers...." She scolded it in a whining voice before looking up and noticing everyone else in the room. "Um... hi..." She said shyly, raising a mittened hand and sheepishly waving.

If the soldiers took any notice or offense to the little girl, they did not show it, instead maintaining their salute as if nothing happened.

---

The little girl looked up at Calignus, clutching her ball tighter. "Hello Mr. Calignus, Sir." She said quietly. "Mommy should be down here any moment now, if that's who you're looking for."

A set of voices could be heard as more steps sounded through the stairway. A harsh male voice seemed to be snapping various commands and orders, and as it grew louder, its comments became much easier to understand.

"-and there is no use skulking off and hiding, either. Good posture man, you have made the Mistress Karen proud. And do not think of switching your identification tags and armour with another. I want to see some more spit and polish on that breastplate, madam. We are trying to make a favourable impression. In the time you took to fumble that ball, I recorded every physical feature about you down to the mole on your left hip. Straighten up soldier, eyes forward, good. Stay that way. And let me assure you, Unit-066, if something happened to Mistress Violet's ball, I will personally see to it that you are subjected to a week's worth of physical pain so outright horrific that you will NEVER be able to fully recover from it psychologically. Lift that weapon a little bit higher, lad, you almost gave me a shave! And so help me, if anything happened to Mistress Violet herself, you will be wishing something happened to her ball instead..."

A tall, rather young looking woman with long, red hair marched down the stairs, the two coattails of her tight red leather jacket hanging behind her. And it was probably a thankful thing, too, for she was wearing equally tight black pants, and more than a few of the soldiers on the stairs breifly broke their attention in an attempt to view how it complimented her rump, only for the coattails to obscure the view. Her hands were clasped behind her back, but she soon brought them out as she stepped down to the floor, tugging on her white gloves to make sure they were as snug as they could be and securing the large and yellow flared cuffs of her jacket. The catgirl immediately ran to the woman, hugging her leg tightly, but she paid the girl no mind, looking at each villain present. Her natural left eye gave a piercing gaze as the light of her red, cybernetic one burned fiercly, cutting through whatever gloom may have been in the room in an eerie manner similar to a Borg drone.

Three more individuals were right behind the woman, two of them keeping a rhythmic pace while the last stumbled in a hurry. At the woman's right was what would been assumed to be a man, were it not for the fact that he towered over the woman at front, and for that matter, just about everyone else in the room. He was tall, but not overly large and musclebound. He wore a snappy black uniform, with silver cufflinks and rope-like decoration. His blonde hair was slicked back, but still showed itself to be light and feathery, and it was tied back into a neat, organized ponytail with nary a strand out of place. He kept a black officer's hat tucked under his arm, and given his stern expression and authoritative air, he seemed to have been the one that was shouting commands and orders all the way down. His features were sharp, angular and unyielding, granting the impression that he was carved from stone. Giant though he was, he actually took notice on the little girl, giving her a surprisingly gentle smile and gesturing for her to come to his side. The catgirl was quick to oblidge, running over to the officer and gripping his leg like she would be blown away if she showed any sign of letting go.

The woman at the lead's other side could've passed for her twin, bearing many of the same facial features and sharing many of the same alluring curves, made all the more evident by a dark blue catsuit that hugged her body at all of the right places. However, it was clear the two were not the same. The woman in the body suit had skin that was a pale, powdery blue, and it had a metallic sheen to it that suggest she was some sort of highly advanced android. Her irises of her eyes were a bright, neon blue, glowing even in the light, further evidence of her inhuman nature. Her completely white hair was kept in a very long braid that went down to the small of her back, and metal wires could be seen among the mass, making it look like a family of steel, blue and white snakes had been tied together. Various metal plates hung from her suit, providing what was presumably basic protection to her extremities only. A bright violet scarf was tied around her waist like a dancer's sash, and it was lined with several shiny metal tokens of seemingly no value. The metal woman didn't even bother recognising anyone in the room, simply staring forward and only looking away to occasionally and briefly shoot a glance over to the uniformed man.

The final entrant looked much like the previous soldiers, although his armour was a dull grey, looked far less intimidating, and wasn't nearly as polished. A white 066 was painted onto the breastplate, but aside from that he was about as undescribable as the other soldiers. He seemed to breathe a sigh of relief when the girl and her ball appeared to be unharmed, and he took his place alongside the soldier on the left side of the stairwell. Yet another difference between this soldier and the others was noted. This one was completely unarmed.

"At ease." The woman in the lead firmly stated. As soon as the words left her mouth, the soldiers all took their weapons down. The blades retracted back into discs and found themselves back at their owners' hips. Some of the men simply adapted an eased, casual stance, while others felt it necessary to take their rilfes back out, although none of them lifted their weapons or took a stance that could be considered anything but neutral.

The lead woman looked back at the man at her right, gesturing towards a chair with her head. Without question, the man patted the catgirl on the head, motioning for her to let go before stepping over to a chair at the table, bringing it over to his mistress and gesturing for her to sit. "Thank you Epsilon..." She said, gesturing for the man to step back and rejoin the girl. She sat down at the table, sitting forward and resting her head in her hand, taking on an almost bored expression and tone. "Only one of you I have met before, although I will admit I did not expect him here... what have I missed? Or am I, in fact, right on time?"

Last edited by Puppeteer Mask; February 24th, 2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:13 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer Mask View Post
I did not make this. This much should be obvious. If I had even the slightest modicum of artistic talent I would be drawing an original appearance for my character instead of ripping of Naoto Shirogane's. I would probably make an original one altogether, but this picture... it just feels so appropriate.
Naoto for the record, is awesome. Although I was always more of a Chie kind of gal myself.

Overall your SU [and everyone elses for that matter] seems pretty darn good to me, can't wait to get started RPing with all you chaps.

Last edited by Somniac; February 21st, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM
king_nick72
Togepi

Quote:
Naoto for the record, is awesome. Although I was always more of a Chie kind of gal myself.

Overall your SU [and everyone elses for that matter] seems pretty darn good to me, can't wait to get started RPing would all you chaps.
the feeling mutual. This RP is gonna be simply epic

Current things Im doing:
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Quote:

Overall your SU [and everyone elses for that matter] seems pretty darn good to me, can't wait to get started RPing with all you chaps.
Chie was my favourite before I hopped onto the Naoto bandwagon. I pretty much like them all in my own way, but Naoto's pretty high up there. Especially with some of the added content in The Golden. The Ski Trip just made me want to hug her and squeeze her and take her home with me. : 3

I'd hardly call my SU good yet, since it's still unfinished. I need to do up backstory for Jamie, which shouldn't be long. It's just work that's the issue. I think I can have it up tomorrow night? I'd say I'd have it up tonight, but I think that I'll probably wind up having to leave any minute now. That's just my luck.
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Chie was my favourite before I hopped onto the Naoto bandwagon. I pretty much like them all in my own way, but Naoto's pretty high up there. Especially with some of the added content in The Golden. The Ski Trip just made me want to hug her and squeeze her and take her home with me. : 3

I'd hardly call my SU good yet, since it's still unfinished. I need to do up backstory for Jamie, which shouldn't be long. It's just work that's the issue. I think I can have it up tomorrow night? I'd say I'd have it up tonight, but I think that I'll probably wind up having to leave any minute now. That's just my luck.
Ah, I know that feel. I work none stop friday-monday and knowing my luck the IC thread will be accepted just before I leave tomorrow, meaning I won't be able to get my first post up til monday...
Ah well, nothing I can do about it I guess.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 01:40 AM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to EvilSkittles
Preliminary SU up. I can't decide between Dragon Rush and Dragon Pulse for my egg move. Dragon Pulse would be the smarter choice because of the nature but I think Charmander would look funnier doing Dragon Rush. Then again, Dragon Pulse would look pretty funny.

Goldenrod could be potentially interesting for my char since the local branch of his father's ferry company is located there.

Spoiler:
Name: Emile Horatio Boneparte

Appearance: Emile is 5'7, long legs and spindley arms. His hair is a light brown ratnest of tangles. It reaches his chin ands seems to have a life of its own, refusing any attempts to be tamed. He has deepset mikly blue eyes that give the impression of blindness.

Emile has a wide mouth and a face perfect for a whole host of expressions.

Emile is always a shade of cherry pink or honey tan. His fair skin burns at the drop of a hat. His shoulders are heavily freckled from being severely sunburned one time when he was a child.

Emile runs around half dressed like a heathen . He wears a baggy pair of faded brown carpenter pants that drag the ground and hide his perpetually bare feet. The wiry muscles of his chest and arms are bared for the world to see.

When he has to put on a shirt, he wears a simple red tee. For cold weather he has an old thick honey coloured jacket that he filched from his father's closet. It engulfs him when he wears it, reaching down to his knees, sleeves running past his hands.

He carries a light brown leather backpack that belonged to his brother.

Personality: Emile's inhuman climbing ability and balance make him a human Aipom. If an object is high off the ground you can garrentee that Emile will be climbing, swinging on or lounging on it.

He loves excitement and is always looking for adventure.

Emile is very touchy feely. He pokes, prods, picks up just about everything. He will fiddle with and start to take apart things if no one is keeping an eye on him. He sticks just about anything in his mouth. He chews on things and carries stuff in his mouth. He also likes to balance stuff on his head.

He is also touchy feely with people too. He is very physical with his affection. He has no concept, or rather ignores, personal space. He will grab hugs, sprawl across a person's lap. He also likes to rough house/tumble.

Emile is generally cheery and easy going. He can have a drag out fight and go back to being friends almost immediately. Well, if he likes you. If he doesn't, everything you do is wrong. It can take a lot for him to begin to like a person he was set against. He is fiercely loyal to his friends and has a hidden vindictiveness a mile wide.

History:
Emile’s father, Louis, was a ferry boat captain. He met Cassandra on a slow day, she was his only customer on the long trip to Dewford. They hit it off fast and she started to frequent his ferry often. After two years of this slightly unusual courtship, Louis proposed to Cassandra.
They married shortly after. Louis took Cassandra’s sir name, Boneparte. He used her family’s capital and affluence to build a flourishing ferry service.
Not all approved of this marriage. High society did not like this ruffian snatching up one of their prized. Many mocked him for his rough ways and social faux paus.
He and Cassandra had to lovely boys. Collin and Emile. Collin is roughly ten years older than Emile at 25.
Louis, determined not to let his children be mocked like he was, decided to mold them into gentlemen. This has cause much friction between him and Emile. Louis is always asking why he can’t be like his brother. Collin was the perfect child; polite, charming and smart. He was nothing like his wild, rebellious baby brother.
Collin works as a pediatrician in Black city, Unova. He has a lovely firecracker of a fiance named Susan. Yes, the perfect child grown into a model of a man.

Despite the overshadowing and constant comparisons, Emile and Collin have a close relationship. Collin even convince their father to let Emile start his pokemon journey.

Emile did not have many friends growing up.Schooled by private tutors, he didn’t have the chance to meet many his age. Emile did not let that dampen his spirts. He often ran off into forest that surround his home
outside of Slateport city. There he would play and go on what he called “adventures”. Over the years he made friends with the local pokemon.
His parents were not around very much. His mother often accompanying Louis on his many business trips, leaving Emile in the of Hal
the house keeper.

Emile is of the age to attend the Goodfellas Prepatorium that resides on a small island off of Sinnoh. Collin went there and Louis wants Emile to go there and make something of himself instead of mucking around with
all this pokemon nonsense.

Emile was finally able to start his pokemon journey when Collin managed to convince their father to let him. Louis agreed mainly because he believes that Emile with give up before the year is through.

Emile hitched a ride with his father to Newbark town, his father having a meeting with the Jhoto branch in Goldenrod city.

Starter Selection:
Charmander♂ (Level 5)
Blaze
Modest Nature
Scratch, Growl
Egg move:
Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSkittles View Post
Preliminary SU up. I can't decide between Dragon Rush and Dragon Pulse for my egg move. Dragon Pulse would be the smarter choice because of the nature but I think Charmander would look funnier doing Dragon Rush. Then again, Dragon Pulse would look pretty funny.

Goldenrod could be potentially interesting for my char since the local branch of his father's ferry company is located there.
At least you guys get a lot of options. You know what Solosis gets? A couple physical attacks that ignore my superb Special Attack, Night Shade, and a handful of defensive moves that basically let me decide just what kind of tank I wanna be. I decided Confuse Ray because it has long standing usability (being the best confusion move in the game) and maybe, just maybe, it'll save me from dark types.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:07 AM
king_nick72
Togepi

Quote:
At least you guys get a lot of options. You know what Solosis gets? A couple physical attacks that ignore my superb Special Attack, Night Shade, and a handful of defensive moves that basically let me decide just what kind of tank I wanna be. I decided Confuse Ray because it has long standing usability (being the best confusion move in the game) and maybe, just maybe, it'll save me from dark types.
i was gonna choose solosis first because of how powerful reuniclus can be, but i wanted to see its egg moves before i did, after seeing the moves not really matching what i wanted reuniclus to be, i decided to choose riolu

Current things Im doing:
Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Am I the only one who chose the starter because 1. Chimchar's adorable and 2. the final evolution is one of the most badass Pokémon ever?

Find me on:

Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Considering Chimchar's cuteness has little to do with Solosis, probably.

But smartassery aside, I get where you're coming from. I picked Solosis because it's an interesting pokémon that I haven't used but I'd like to. My original plan was Chimchar for the same reasons you picked it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here