• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon: The Zeta Emergence (OOC Thread)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@Puppeteer: You're currently PENDING. And by pending I mean get the history up and you're good =P

@EvilSkittles: You're currently PENDING as well. Your post NEEDS some formatting, as honestly I'm having a hard time reading it going through it a second time. Not every sentence needs a new paragraph, and some of the paragraphs formatting is just plain weird too (random starting of new lines?). That and I need a RP sample!

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2019
Yeah, I know all the spots are reserved but in case one falls through I'm just going to put a SO here anyways. Hope that's okay. Cheers.

→ Name: Nycteus "Nick" Richards
→ Age: 18
→ Gender: Male
→ Personality:
Nycteus is described as people who know him as a very intense persona. He simply wants to be the best Pokémon trainer in the world. For his entire life, he has watched old televised gym battles, especially Blaine, the gym leader on Cinnabar Island. Nycteus loved the intensity put forth by Blaine during battles, as well as the fire type pokemon, which he grew an extreme fondness for during his childhood. From the moments when he saw Blaine scorch his opponents in gym battles, only losing a few, Nycteus wanted to become a Pokémon trainer to be as legendary as Blaine has become.

Fortunately for him, his father was an expert on Pokemon, having a wide variety of Pokémon to play with and battle with during his youth. This has made Nycteus very comfortable with Pokémon, allowing him to have more confidence during his battles. This backfires though, as everyone has their faults and Nycteus is prone to mental lapses, which hinder his battling abilities occasionally. He keeps his pokemon team disciplined and usually allows more than 1 Pokémon out of their Pokéball at the same time.

He is a man of few words, but ones that are close to him are easily able to get a lot of information of him. As he becomes more open, he allows himself to speak more, and expresses his sense of humor. Full of snickers and giggles, he becomes a joy to be around.

Growing up in Goldenrod City, he wasn't close enough to become a Pokémon trainer during his youth, and instead of graduating high school, he has decided to make the travel to New Bark Town with the blessing of his parents to make his dream come true.

→ Appearance: Nycteus is usually seen in a plain black t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. His backpack is red, and holds his sweater for colder weather, potions, TMs and all of the other miscellaneous things that Pokémon trainers encounter. On his belt, is a Pokéball holster, along with a zippered black pouch that contains all of his empty Pokéballs.

His hair is very normal for a boy his age, jet black and short. Covering it is a deep blue bandana folded so it covers his forehead. His black facial hair is now beginning to come in, and is usually sporting five o'clock shadow. His deep blue eyes are piercing, but inviting. He is built averagely and looks very average for his age.

→ History:
Born in Goldenrod City, Nycteus has always led a very privileged life. His father, Kurt Richards taught him everything he knows about Pokémon, allowing him to adjust to being around and training Pokémon at a very young age. During his youth, he watched old Pokemon battles of Blaine, the Gym Leader from Cinnabar Islands, and envied every single thing that he did. Being his favorite trainer, Nycteus wanted to emulate him. Being from Goldenrod, he got to watch gym battles there as well. He took in everything that he possibly could when he was young in order to hopefully one day go off on a Pokémon journey. His mother, Janice Richards was also a respected Pokémon breeder back in her day, but has since retired.

Nycteus was well known in many social circles throughout Goldenrod as "the next big trainer", as his father bragged him up to be. His mother didn't agree with Nycteus becoming a full on trainer, and attempted to discourage it. This was met with resistance from his father, who still believed that Nick was a Pokémon prodigy. If he ever had the chance to go on a journey and defeat the Elite Four and become League Champion, he would be a mega celebrity in his town. That wasn't his dream, of course - that was just the perks of doing what he loved, training Pokémon and going on an adventure, something he's never had the opportunity to do before.

During his teens, he was not allowed to go on an adventure, as his parents justified that they lived too far away from New Bark Town to get Nycteus there in time. This seemed to happen every single year, until he turned 18, when they finally obliged. During this times, rumours of Team Zeta were turning from whispers into full fledged stories and fables. It didn't phase Nycteus much, as he is confident enough in himself to handle himself in the Pokémon world... And to New Bark Town he headed.

→ Starter Selection:

155.gif

Cyndaquil♀
Timid Nature
Blaze
Moveset: Tackle, Leer, Flare Blitz (Egg Move)

→ RP Sample (Just so I can see how you RP. If you don't have one make up a little prologue explaining why you're leaving for the journey.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"Now I know what you're thinking, did he use five Fury Cutters or six? Well to be perfectly honest in all this excitement I forgot myself. And since this is the end of a Baton Pass Chain, the most powerful Pokemon strategy in the world... you have to ask yourself. Do you feel lucky, punk? Do you?"

@Puppeteer: You're currently PENDING. And by pending I mean get the history up and you're good =P

I do so love being in the "accepted until proven declined" situation... : 3 I'm working on the backstory now, there were a few things going on tonight that I didn't know about. I'm hoping to have it up before I have to get off for the night. Worst case scenario I get it up tomorrow morning... WORSE than worst case scenario tomorrow night.

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
Oops, I cped straight from notepad. Format should be fixed. Sample from the only other rp I'm in, if it doesn't work I can whip up something later.

Spoiler:

RP Sample: From Fargona: The Land of Dragons
Spoiler:

I originally wanted Chimchar because he's cute but settled with Charmander after a rush of nostalgia.

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
Not interesting, I'm one of the ones battling. Never been in a chapter rp before, how exactly are they different?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Not interesting, I'm one of the ones battling. Never been in a chapter rp before, how exactly are they different?

Usually in each chapter, it explains a bit about the story, and the setting, as well as things that you could do, what you should do, and should not do as your own character.

It's literally like, writing a chapter in a story.

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
Huh, that sounds interesting. Not as much freedom as I'm use to but some structure to give inspiration. Also, agh I'm in the bad habit of hanging around and refreshing.

Years
Usually in each chapter, it explains a bit about the story, and the setting, as well as things that you could do, what you should do, and should not do as your own character.

It's literally like, writing a chapter in a story.

oh ok kinda makes sense. this really should be interesting for my first chapter rp

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
well this is interesting... a battle for the last 2 spots for jakes rp.
this sould be interesting

It probably goes without saying, but if I come home from work to put up the last four paragraphs of my profile justto find out that the spot I'm trying to get has been yanked out from under my feet, I will be angry frustrated insulted absolutely livid. All due respect.

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2019
It probably goes without saying, but if I come home from work to put up the last four paragraphs of my profile justto find out that the spot I'm trying to get has been yanked out from under my feet, I will be angry frustrated insulted absolutely livid. All due respect.

I'm not trying to high-jack anybodies spot, just to put that out there. I more or less put my profile up there in case anybody drops out or can't roleplay or what have you. It would be completely unfair for me to attempt to take a spot which you rightfully reserved. Cheers!

Last edited:
Years
I'm not trying to high-jack anybodies spot, just to put that out there. I more or less put my profile up there in case anybody drops out or can't roleplay or what have you. It would be completely unfair for me to attempt to take a spot which you rightfully reserved. Cheers!

true that. If it possible jake should have at least have 1 or 2 reserves just in case someone drops out from this RP

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
Hey, I know that there are zero spots left, but it's been a few years since I've joined an RP and this looks really interesting. If any spots open up please let me know. :)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Weeeee back finally

@Puppeteer: You're spot is safe, no worries

@EvilSkittles: Way better, ACCEPTED

@Century: If you finish it up I'll probably be nice and add a 9th, but that's gonna be it =P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@Century: ACCEPTED

And on that note, once Puppeteer finishes up, all the slots are filled and we just keep waiting for the IC thread to be approved!

Back