The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Well the title says what this thread is about. What was the last movie that you watched? Was it a movie about your favorite singer? Or was it a funny movie? Out of 10 what rating would you give it? You can right a review or how you think the movie went if you want to.
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:41 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
The last movie I watched was "Drive" starring Ryan Gossling. It had some really strong points, including an amazing electro-synth soundtrack by Kavinsky. It also had some very interesting cinematography. I really enjoyed the opening scene, however almost every scene afterwords just felt flat. I mean for a movie called "Drive" it really didn't have a lot of car chase/action scenes in it.

I felt the film was too slow, and that the build-up that eventually did come was flat and uninteresting. I enjoyed Bryan Cranston and Ron Perlman's performances, but disliked most of the rest of the cast, mainly Carey Mulligan.

I guess if i had to pick a word to describe this movie it would be underwhelming. It wouldn't say it was a bad movie though. Just not something that would hold my interest more than once. I'm wouldn't rewatch it. Maybe reading the novel will change my perspective. I sometimes feel there is a point to this movie that I didn't get. I don't know. I'd give it a 6/10.
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Technically it was Precure All-Stars DX2 with my daughter, but that was purely for her.

The last movie I watched for myself was Blow (Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, Paul Reubens - surprisingly good cast). For years my brother's told me about how it's his favorite movie, so I watched it a while ago. It was...good. I didn't find the story incredible enough to warrant such a high-profile movie, but that's just me.
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Last movie I saw was Warm Bodies with Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer. I reviewed it in my blog, which can be found right here.
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Altomare
Purupuru!

Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets, with my sister.
It's one of my favorites, I think that the chamber of slytherin looks cool.
I'd give it 8/10.
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:45 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
The last movie I watched (More like a documentary) was, The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man In Sports entertainment.

It shows The Rock's most important matches in his life, or the best ones he had until he retired for the first time. This is a great documentary, highly recommended for every WWE fans out there.
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
The last movie that I saw was the Lorax because my son loves to watch it over and over again. :3 It's a great film for children and adults and I really enjoy it. I don't want to rate it because I don't like rating systems, but I always find it quite enjoyable the hundreds of times I've seen it probably.
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Antemortem
NEIGHBORHOOD SUPERHETERO

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I watched (most of) We Need to Talk About Kevin (Tilda Swinton, John C. Reilly) with some friends via Livestream yesterday and it was... alright. It was absolutely not one of my favorite drama/psych. thriller movies, and it was harder to follow than anything I'd seen before, but it was an alright movie, in bare bones, though I wouldn't watch it again to preserve my sanity.

kawaii in the sheets
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Yeah. Not going to be seeing that movie again for a looooong time. Not saying it was bad (I really enjoyed it) but just the feels that come with that movie are too much for my soul. ow.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Scripturient
I think I've lost it.

Nature: Mild
I just recently saw "The Artist". It was enjoyable enough. I guess I was a bit late on getting around to seeing it. 7/10
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I think the last movie I saw was The Hobbit, boy that was a long time ago haha. It was an amazing film so far that I've watched it three times already and that's without having watched the LotR trilogy, so I'm expecting good things from them! I just haven't had time to watch many films recently, I miss doing so D:
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Esper

I just watched Iron Sky, the movie where Nazis escaped to the moon and invade Earth decades later. It got so much hype for a while and I knew that if I ever had the chance I would see it just because it seemed like one of those movies that was so over the top with its ridiculous premise that it could be fun. And it was. It was not a great movie in terms of acting or writing, but it was mindless fun.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Guildmaster Wigglytuff
Time to tip the scales!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Saw The Hobbit a few weeks ago. Being a huge LotR fan, I was extremely satisfied with the movie, and though it was very amazing. I saw the movie with a few friends, who AREN'T LotR fans, and they were a little...less appreciative of the movie.

VM | PM | MAL
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
The last movie I think I remember seeing was "The Secret of NIMH", I like watching animated movies featuring animals. I fell asleep in the last half hour, not because movie was boring, but I was sleepy after work and a big meal.
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

I'm not a big movie person, so the last movie I saw was ummm...I wanna say Parental Guidance, which was back in December. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad a flick. I enjoyed the opening jokes and it was pretty clever. Nicely done, for one of those silly family flicks. But it shows a nice balance of how the new wave of parents raise their children as opposed to the older ways, and I thought it was well done.

We were supposed to see Guilt Trip btw. The theater's website lied to us, so we had to pick another movie that day and...that's what we chose lmao.
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

The last two movies I watched were Shrek and Shrek 2, just because I saw them on TV as part of a marathon. A lot of good jokes thrown in there that I always forget about until I see it again, so they're always a good watch (still haven't seen the other 2).

I couldn't even tell you the last new movie I watched (The Avengers, maybe?). I don't actually watch movies all that often, and might only see two or three a year. The last time I can even remember going to the theatres was for Tropic Thunder, and that came out back in 2008.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Probably The Hobbit.

Actually I can't remember so I'm just gonna say The Hobbit.

It was a delicious movie.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
The last movie I saw was High school Musical with my daughter, it wasn't as bad as people have said it was.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:47 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Last movie I saw was today at 1am, it was The Rundown. Pretty good movie mixed with action and comedy
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:17 PM
AmericanWonderland
Sassmaster

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanWonderland
The last movie I watched was Pitch Perfect, and I had already seen it, but it was still rather entertaining, it helps that I like music and it's funny.

White 2 Friend Code= 3010 6901 0098
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I half watched Evolution.. so I guess the last movie I watched was the original Men in Black :3 Good fun that <3
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:40 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Uhh...let me see. I think the last movie I watched was The King's Speech. I thought the ensemble performance was really terrific.
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:54 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

I watched Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, and Lincoln
Old February 17th, 2013, 06:04 PM
sonicshuffler42
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis talli View Post
The last movie I saw was High school Musical with my daughter, it wasn't as bad as people have said it was.
I'll admit the first isn't that bad (and I'm 25....) but I think we can agree that the sequels were unnecessary garbage heaps of a movie.

Last movie I saw was Hansel and Gretel and as soon as I walked out of that trash I was thinking the following.
"It looked good on paper, but it belongs on a game console"
2/10

Why, because the plot is that bad
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

I just watched The Amazing Spider-Man with my cousins a few minutes ago. Good movie, but not as good as the 2nd one
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links