The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I bought Skyfall on DVD, and watched it all the way through Saturday night. Soooooooooo good. If you live under a rock and haven't seen it yet, then I highly suggest you do!
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Otter Mii-kun
Molly... ♥ ;)

Last movie I watched was Disney's Peter Pan, which I bought the Diamond Edition DVD+Blu Ray yesterday. I've loved this movie since childhood, as well as the music in it (yes, even the politically incorrect "What Makes the Red Man Red".)
Old February 18th, 2013, 10:05 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
The Hobbit. Boy, it competes with the LOTR Trilogy in graphics and story.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old February 19th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Chespin13
Unhatched Egg

Perks of being a wallflower

10/10!
Old February 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Guess Who.

Movie with Ashton Kutcher & Bernie Mac. Ashton Kutcher plays the part of a white guy who is going out with a black girl and when his girlfriend is presenting him to his parents, her father (Bernie Mac) doesn't like him because he is white. So he have to survive the weekend with the very bossy and very over-protective dad of his girlfriend and try to impress him before the weekend is over. A great comedy, recommend anyone who was a fan of the late Bernie Mac.

8/10
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
I watched Hero. (Im a fan of martial arts film.) Story telling was something else than expected. Visuals were great also. Good movie that I could watch again.

Old February 21st, 2013, 05:36 AM
Autumn Reverie
The world bores you when you're cool.

Nature: Modest
I watched Skyfall! xD What can I say? That movie was seriously the BOMB. Loved it in all its splendour and action-packed awesomeness. Those of you who haven't watched it yet [i]must[/i ] watch it ASAP!

Overall, I rate it a generous and a well-earned 9.5/10. xD
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:37 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I saw the latest Die Hard movie last Friday...it was a nice watch but nothing special
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:42 AM
AddictedMonster
Unhatched Egg

The last film I watched was Mama. If you want a weird film to watch, give it a go, the ending isnt too clever though.
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:52 AM
Esper

The last couple of films I saw were Beautiful Creatures, Skyfall, and Eragon (with rifftrax).

Beautiful Creatures was... okay. I was the least impressed in my group. I thought they played a little fast and loose with their mythology and overlooked some characters, but there were some really (unintentionally?) amusing things scattered throughout the movie. Guess I would say that it wasn't bad enough to be fun or good enough to be great.

Skyfall was good seeing it a second time, but not as good as seeing it the first time. Javier Bardem still makes for the best Bond villain of all time, especially with that first scene he's in.

Eragon is a terrible, terrible movie, but has just the right pacing to be perfect for rifftrax. It's, I think, one of the best I've seen. Or heard, rather.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 25th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

The Last Movie I watched was Warm Bodies. It was nice to finally see a movie from the Zombies Point of View instead of the Human though the movie wasn't really interesting for me. Some parts were funny though. The ending was nice though. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:09 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Last week I saw: Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, Lincoln, and The Dark Knight Trilogy
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:30 PM
hughes

Nature: Quirky
I think the last full movie I watched was Paranorman. I saw it in theaters over the summer and recently bought the DVD, so I gave it another view. I'd give it a 9/10. It's a solid animated film and is surprisingly mature in its subject matter and humor.

3DS FC: 5000 2479 0671 (Vash - Y)(Kara - X)
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, Fletchinder
Black 2 FC: 2924 9605 4312
My Pokemon Tumblr: http://lumiosecafe.tumblr.com/
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Sheep
MUFFINS ya pls

Nature: Timid
Not counting rewatching movies recently that I've already seen, that would be Rise of the Guardians a few months ago! It was pretty great and knowing how they didn't make enough money from it to cover the spending costs makes me sad. ):

Old February 25th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Just watched the indie film Safety Not Guaranteed. It's a film about journalist trying to get a story about a guy who claims he can time travel. Would definitely recommend it to anyone, was fantastically acted and the story was engrossing.
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
I saw Toy Story 2 the other day! I was flipping through the channels at my bf's place and found it and oh God it got to the sad song and I was like "I'M NOT GONNA CRY I'M NOT GONNA CRY" and sure enough, I ended up crying all over my boyfriend lol. :( He said that was good though cause he never sees me cry. Wanna see a sad Syd? Make her watch sad Disney movies! lol But of course, Toy Story 2 is awesome. It was worth the tears!

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Kyoko
some things are that simple

Nature: Sassy
The last movie I watched was Mulan, my favorite Disney movie :) I think I had just finished midterms and wanted to relax and watch it since I hadn't in a while. It never fails to cheer me up....or make me tear up >___> I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I can seriously watch this movie 1000 times and it doesn't get old. If I remember correctly, it was one of the very first movies I saw in theatres too.

BE A MANNNNNNNNNNNNN.
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:37 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
The last movie I watched was Beast Of The Southern Wild, like the night before The Academy Awards. I thought it was really interesting, and I really liked the main character Hushpuppy. I'd recommend it!
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Houndour2005

Zarafa.

Animated movie from France.

Had deserved an Oscar nomination for animation.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
Moon. It's very difficult to describe without revealing a bunch of spoilers but I'll try my best anyway. One guy is out working on the moon to extract a new energy source only to discover that there is much more happening on the base than he initially believes. One major theme that this movie tackles is what really makes you human. 8/10.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I watched Strange Wilderness out of the corner of my eye sometime earlier this week. Seen it a dozen times before because my brother has it on DVD so it was nothing new. I still hate most of the characters and I think the plot's really dumb, but the shark laughing scene gets me every time.
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
I watched the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movie yesterday which was released last August I believe. It was pretty good, I liked it. Even if you've never seen the anime or read the manga, I recommend it.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:46 AM
Jokedon
Unhatched Egg

I watched Arbitrage with Richard Gere yesterday, good film I really recommend it! A kind of thriller but not an action film. Its more drama like. Check out the trailer
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:31 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful

Himizu (2011), by Sion Sono. It’s hard to think about what to write for a film like Himizu, where everything seems so alien to me. The theme of madness and mental illness, the excessive violence, the over-dependence, the submission… it’s quite a difficult film to digest. Regardless, I loved the performances (old man in the fisherman attire was so MVP). I may need a rewatch, but alas.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Weeaboo Name
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

I think the title is enough for you to know how awesome it was.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links