Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 20th, 2013 (12:47 PM).
Seraphimon-sama

I am currently using a Nokia 2730 Classic. I've had it for roughly three years and its still in almost perfect condition.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old February 20th, 2013 (01:36 PM).
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
I have an iPhone 5 for personal use and a BlackBerry Bold for work. The BB is just for sending/receiving e-mails when I'm out of the office, so I don't care too much about it, but I do looooooove my iPhone. I'm definitely under Apple's spell, in that I have no idea what I'd do without my iPhone. Like, at all. It's really bad! :P
Old February 25th, 2013 (04:30 PM).
Brizz
TM87

Nature: Modest
Switched over from the iPhone4 to the iPhone5 about a month ago. I honestly think the iPhone is overrated but it's simple and easy to use, and it gets the job done beautifully.
Old February 25th, 2013 (05:30 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I have an iPhone 5. Nice to have a smartphone acter years of using an old phone and I like that I can use the 3G and Apps and such. Its a little hard to do stuff like use the net due to the small screen but I like it.
Old February 26th, 2013 (01:15 AM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I have a Nokia Lumia 900 as my smartphone. Heh. It's pretty usable, and I never had any reliability issues, which cannot be said for my older phone. I've always loved Nokia hardware, and going back to Nokia after two Samsung phones was a refreshing break.
Old March 1st, 2013 (08:05 AM).
Jokedon
Unhatched Egg

I have an iPhone, but have been looking at the new Nokia Lumias.. I like the design of the phones but Im not sure about the windows system on them :/
Old March 1st, 2013 (08:11 AM).
ninryu
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Samsung Galaxy Young. Not the highest caliber, but good enough for me.
Old March 7th, 2013 (01:53 AM).
Starry Windy
Show Your Victory!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I have used Samsung Galaxy Pro for about 2 years and it's still working fine.

PC | SPC | PC Battle Server | Gold | Hello World | My Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog
Old March 7th, 2013 (05:06 AM).
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
I've had the Iphone 4s for a little over a year. It's great for the most part, but the battery is awful :/

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old March 7th, 2013 (02:11 PM).
Castform

I still have an iphone 4s. It is pretty good however I have misused mine so much it crashes a lot :/
Old March 8th, 2013 (06:23 AM).
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
Sony Xperia S (Ericsson LT26i)

Old March 8th, 2013 (06:03 PM).
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I have a Verizon Samsung Brightside.

My Proposed PokeCommunity Dungeons & Dragons game. Leave a comment if interested.
Old March 8th, 2013 (07:44 PM).
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
Well, what do you know, I got a Verizon Samsung Brightside as well. Not the best phone, but it serves my needs. I'll probably be upgrading soon, though.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old March 11th, 2013 (09:47 PM).
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro. Unlike most of my friends with Android phones who have big thin phones with big screens and pretty much nothing else, this one has a small screen and a slide-out keyboard. I guess I'm one of the very few who like Android, but aren't big fans of touch screens in general :D .

I think I'll stick with this one for some time, at least until Motorola Mobile (now owned by Google) comes up with a new Android phone. I had two Motorola phones before (E398 and ROKR E2) , and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Friend codes:
Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
Old March 11th, 2013 (10:05 PM).
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Me, an LG P500 Android 2.2.

Most of my peers have flasher phones like the Galaxy SIII (I so want one) or the iPhone.

They are happy to hand over a fistful of money for an iPhone that is, paying somewhat like 1000 NZD when it can't do all the cool things a Galaxy SIII can.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 15th, 2013 (09:26 PM).
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

HTC Droid Incredible. Decent enough to get by with.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old March 23rd, 2013 (06:32 AM).
リザードン
I'm not listening to you

Just yesterday, I got a Samsung Ace II and I love it.
Old March 23rd, 2013 (04:23 PM).
Toshiro.
Community Supporter

I have an iPhone 4. It's great, but when I get my upgrade in July I am debating whether or not to switch to a new platform phone or get the iPhone 5.
Old March 24th, 2013 (01:46 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Eh, Samsung Galaxy S3. In my opinion the best phone out there, short of the S4 of course ;;

Handy phone, does practically everything, great processing speed and amazing display... etc all that rant :/

Old March 24th, 2013 (04:33 AM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Toshiro.:
I have an iPhone 4. It's great, but when I get my upgrade in July I am debating whether or not to switch to a new platform phone or get the iPhone 5.
If you still want to go iPhone, wait until this fall when the next one gets announced.
Old March 24th, 2013 (06:50 AM).
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I just recently upgraded to an iPhone 5, and it really is a great phone, albeit very similar to all the other iPhone models.

I like how the screen is a bit longer and the resolution a bit better than its 4 and 4S counterparts, but like Mac said above, if you currently have an iPhone 4 or 4S (and want to upgrade to the latest model), I suggest waiting till a newer model is released because you really won't be able to tell the difference between those and the 5th model.
Old March 30th, 2013 (04:52 AM).
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Gyardosamped:
I just recently upgraded to an iPhone 5, and it really is a great phone, albeit very similar to all the other iPhone models.

I like how the screen is a bit longer and the resolution a bit better than its 4 and 4S counterparts, but like Mac said above, if you currently have an iPhone 4 or 4S (and want to upgrade to the latest model), I suggest waiting till a newer model is released because you really won't be able to tell the difference between those and the 5th model.
It's highly likely the next model will be much more than an improved iPhone 5. So whilst it's probably worth waiting by now, the changes won't be a whole lot more drastic than the 4S->5, which was a reasonable jump, IMO.

That's the thing with iPhones. They don't have to switch things up every generation, it's an incremental progression. Half of the selling point of iOS products is that they have a well-established, well-known platform. They don't have to keep changing things for the sake of change, which I don't deem a bad thing. As long as it doesn't stall progress dramatically. Bleeding edge is not necessary - this goes especially for quad+ core phones with ridiculously-sized screens. They are getting to the point of heavily diminishing returns, yet the elite outspoken consumers complain if they don't deem it enough of an upgrade.

Look at the Samsung GS4's recent announcement. Here's what most of the articles say:

"I know the screen is bigger and has a higher resolution, the processor is faster, there is more ram, the camera is better, the battery is bigger and the handset itself is slimmer and lighter compared the GS3, but it... it... looks like similar to the GS3 and I'm an over-entitled keyboard warrior who can't actually justify or even quantify what it is that I think would be enough, so I'll just complain incessantly that they let me down personally."

...and the same thing goes for most major phone releases, but especially the iPhones and Galaxies. As a result, the companies are forced to bump all the numbers up and change the appearance enough to keep the ravenous fanboys and media 'experts' from ridiculing them, rather than focusing on actually improving the phones as a product. Is this why we still pushing the screen size to silly levels and cramming as many cores as possible into a constantly slimming chassis, rather than extending the battery life or improving reception?

I had to get that off my chest - it's not directed at anyone here, I just needed to share my view on the situation.

Oh, I'll answer the question. iPhone 4 16GB Black. Need more space and it can get a little sluggish from time to time, but it's continuing to serve me well. Honestly, moving to a 32GB 4S would keep me happy for a another few years to come, but I'm not up for spending the money on a new phone for the time being.
Old April 12th, 2013 (04:15 AM).
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Nature: Gentle
I have galaxy s3 in my opinion its the prettiest phone of the current gen! (Although it lacks a good battery)
I'm using mobilink super slow Edge service on it(Dang my country is very stone age)
Old April 12th, 2013 (04:33 AM).
lynds

Nature: Relaxed
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace, it's starting to play up now so will most likely be getting another.
Old April 19th, 2013 (12:31 AM).
Pixadom
Unhatched Egg

I have a Galaxy Nexus, though I want to get the Nexus 4 next.

PIXADOM - FREE ONLINE 2D PIXEL MONSTER MMORPG

Pixadom is a free 2D online pixel MMORPG where you can fight monsters, meet new people, chat and play games, explore the virtual Pixadom world, battle with other players, complete quests, earn XP, and more!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links