Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge
Reload this Page Hello all!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Old February 18th, 2013 (12:15 PM).

I'm Alex, a 17 year old who is still obsessed with Pokemon. I've been playing for 8 years now. As I type this, I am going through the Fortree Gym in Sapphire. I love the shows, and Sapphire is my favorite game. I am a huge geek.
Old February 18th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Hey there Alex! :D Nice to have you here. Ah fortree gym... I always hated the leader there... Especialy since my teams powerhouse was my sceptile. :'D I had ruby though... So do you like 3rd gen the most? I liked it best also. Well it and the first of course since nostalgia. :D

Old February 18th, 2013 (02:59 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Omg can I just say how awesome your username is?! XD;; I love Thor and your that just made my day aha. Welcome to PC!

Eight years is a long time to play Pokemon; you'll find plenty of others who have been into it for as long as you have, as well as many newer fans here! Cookies for loving Sapphire though, I feel like the thunderstorm towards the end of the story was a looot cooler than the drought in Ruby, personally. Emerald is pretty awesome too (as similar as it was to R/S). Are you caught up with the games? B/W2 have been out for a while but a lot of fans I know haven't played them yet, so I'm curious. ^^

And aha, being a huge geek (in a good way, of course) is totally a-okay. In fact, you probably share that in common with a lot of us! What do you like outside of Pokemon? Maybe other TV shows, games, anime/manga, or other interests that you want to share? We likely have a section for it all regardless of where your interests lie, so hopefully you have an awesome time on PokeCommunity. Would make us all happy if you stuck around~!

Have a wonderful time and good meeting you. <3

cool | family | my star | twin | credit
Old February 18th, 2013 (03:21 PM).

Thanks for your kind reply . My name actually comes from an inside joke, but I love Thor as well. I have White Version, FireRed, Platinum, and Sapphire. I don't have the others. Yet. I need to buy a 3DS soon so I can get White 2 and X/Y when they come out.

I'm really into D&D, and I love to write. My favorite show is Doctor Who. I spend a lot of my time reading Sherlock Holmes, as they are my favorite books, and I wantto be a detective.
A human sacrificed himself...to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other. But not until I saw them put aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Old February 18th, 2013 (03:44 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Hey, Alex!

Hahahaha, yes, I love your username! xD

Welcome to PC! Don't worry about being 17 and still obsessed. There are many here who are older and still love the series (including me, but I'm only a year older than you! :p)

Hopefully you beat the Fortree Gym, haha. Hoenn is definitely among my favorite of the Pokémon regions.

Have you played another of the older games at all, or did you start with Sapphire, FireRed, Platinum, and White? You should most definitely buy a 3DS before this October so you can get to play X & Y! They look so awesome so far. I can't wait till they release more info on them! xD

That's awesome that you love reading and writing. You might take an interest in PC's fan fiction and writing forum, btw. You can post your own work there or read other fan-fics if you're interested in that type of stuff.

You want to be a detective, eh? Pretty cool job. Hopefully that blooms into life for you.

If you need any help or would just like to chat, don't hesitate to leave a visitor's message on my profile!

See you around, and enjoy yourself!
Old February 18th, 2013 (04:17 PM).

I owned Blue and Yellow for a brief spell. Only a year, until I gave them to my cousin. What was I thinking?????? XD I did beat the gym, but it took me three tries.
A human sacrificed himself...to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other. But not until I saw them put aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links